Forums

Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect August 1, 2012

Postby pioneer » July 10th, 2013, 8:12 am

ramlogan bawl his grandmother had a dog because she didn't like to waste food, so the dog was waste disposal

uncmites gonna swallow that wholesale

Sometimes I wonder if we supposed to be moving forward or this govt bent on going back to the 18th century

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » July 10th, 2013, 8:56 am

Where is he talking all this crap?

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 10th, 2013, 9:07 am

The debate was yesterday

Trinidad and Tobago Canine Advocates were commenting on facebook.

Apparently there are some very smart senators who are reflecting the general society legit concerns, while anand think we still ride on donkey carts and cut cane for a living like the rest of his supporters.

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » July 10th, 2013, 10:08 am

" Ramlogan said if the owner could not “put down” the dog himself he should take it to a dog pound for that purpose."

Is he really suggesting that people execute dogs themselves? is this even legal?

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2013-07- ... e-warns-ag

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 10th, 2013, 10:46 am

Bezman wrote:" Ramlogan said if the owner could not “put down” the dog himself he should take it to a dog pound for that purpose."

Is he really suggesting that people execute dogs themselves? is this even legal?

im pretty sure he means if you can't afford to take to the dog to a vet and pay for it to be put down.

its 450 plus to put a dog to sleep

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » July 10th, 2013, 10:48 am

Update:

The final outcome is that the Bill was passed in the wee hours of this morning. While the Act will be Assented to, the Attorney General gave an undertaking in the Parliament that it will not be Proclaimed unless and until a respective Amendment Bill is passed in the next session of Parliament.

Apparently the AG conceded that several aspects of the Bill required a second look and both the Independent and Opposition benches held that condition in order to gain their support for the Bill. In spite of that, one Independent Senator voted against the Bill and one abstained.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 10th, 2013, 10:51 am

I think he purposely trying to rustle jimmies amidst their failing party

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » July 10th, 2013, 4:34 pm

ABA Trading LTD wrote:
Bezman wrote:" Ramlogan said if the owner could not “put down” the dog himself he should take it to a dog pound for that purpose."

im pretty sure he means if you can't afford to take to the dog to a vet and pay for it to be put down.

btw, its not common practice for a vet to put down a healthy animal eh
I watched 3/4 the response from the opposition and independent senators last night,
very good, realistic, factual information. I was clear that only that side did any research into the bill.
The pp simply copy and paste the bill from UK. Easy example, where and when has a Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentina, or a Fila Brassilaro ever attached anyone in Trinidad?
However we have had many rotts, Shepards and dobbie attacks, yet they can continue as normal unabated.
This whole thing has me and so many of us 'dog lovers' upset, if only that RAMGOAT cud do his facking work and do research he would see what everyone else is saying.
it sad yes.........

Bezman

Postby Bezman » July 10th, 2013, 4:35 pm

what are the amendments?

cause NO insurance companies have any policies that cover what the govt is requiring.. was told this from a pit bull owner/breeder who is also Director/ManagerOwner of an insurance company..

Halfbreed07
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Halfbreed07 » July 10th, 2013, 4:45 pm

RAMGOAT promised to take into consideration the concerns, not sure if it went beyond a promise.
He did state that he would hold his hand in passing the bill until the insurances companies can offer the policies to the public. As far as I have heard this can take a few years, especially since our empirical data is not comprehensive enough. So we may have to adopt one from another country.
The government is estimated to earn between 100mil to 800mil a year from license fees only ($1000 per dog), far more than from the proposed property tax.
Makes sense now why it is being pushed at all costs?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 10th, 2013, 10:05 pm

Halfbreed07 wrote:
ABA Trading LTD wrote:

btw, its not common practice for a vet to put down a healthy animal eh

its not common practice because people in Trinidad would quicker dump a animal than pay the $450 to euthanize it.

if you go to the vet and ask them to put the animal to sleep, they may ask why and offer an alternative but in the end, they will put it down.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 10th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Thirdworld logic - Humans kill more humans than dogs kill humans, let's ban the dogs.

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » July 10th, 2013, 10:26 pm

Simply if you have a dangerous dog,fix a proper fence,make sure there is a proper kennel for the animal to be kept in comfort and there exist no possibility that the said animal will not escape to harm anyone,what so fcuking hard to understand.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 10th, 2013, 10:35 pm

Go read and understand the bill before cyakin nah?

DrunkenMaster16

Postby DrunkenMaster16 » July 11th, 2013, 8:39 am

Bez.. you hear about Donald W's Labrador that killed bully / pitt at cuavas??

That is a dangerous dog, he doesn't have the time to socialize his dog nor train her.. yet the dog is going to be a class B and its already taken one life. (not that im against the man but after hearing that story, it just reinforces the fact that its not the fcuking breed that makes dogs dangerous)

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » July 11th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Halfbreed07 wrote:btw, its not common practice for a vet to put down a healthy animal eh
I watched 3/4 the response from the opposition and independent senators last night,
very good, realistic, factual information. I was clear that only that side did any research into the bill.
The pp simply copy and paste the bill from UK. Easy example, where and when has a Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentina, or a Fila Brassilaro ever attached anyone in Trinidad?
However we have had many rotts, Shepards and dobbie attacks, yet they can continue as normal unabated.
This whole thing has me and so many of us 'dog lovers' upset, if only that RAMGOAT cud do his facking work and do research he would see what everyone else is saying.
it sad yes.........

Does it matter? I get bite from a pothound when I was small...should they outlaw those too? While I think the legislation, like so many others was drafted with good intentions, the application to our society is all wrong. The Bill should have focused more on regulating the breeding of certain classes of dogs rather than ownership etc.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 11th, 2013, 12:05 pm

They so want to copy/paste laws from canada instead of doing real research especially into our socio-economic conditions...

Talknah society is happy, kill out de pitbull an dem cuz dey kill ah security guard

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 11th, 2013, 12:05 pm

Why don't they copy canada's gun laws?

marlener
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby marlener » July 11th, 2013, 12:28 pm

Brams can`t be serious,even if you build a split level kennel and a 9ft wall,that does not exclude you from the licensing,tagging and insuring with are all unreasonable high. What so fcuking hard to understand?

Bezman

Postby Bezman » July 11th, 2013, 12:37 pm

but i must say i am kinda astonished by the amount of people that think you have to pay $250,000 per dog in insurance :roll: - the Gov't really needs to do a press release about the actual expenses insured on the owner so people stop abandoning their dogs

shows a REAL level of the lack of basic intelligence and common sense...

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » July 11th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Bezman wrote:but i must say i am kinda astonished by the amount of people that think you have to pay $250,000 per dog in insurance :roll: - the Gov't really needs to do a press release about the actual expenses insured on the owner so people stop abandoning their dogs

And that's one thing you can't blame ANY government for.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » July 11th, 2013, 4:04 pm

In my area it have a yard with Rotts , they doh even glance in my direction when I walk past

But it have countless small dogs that does bark at yuh like yuh teefin dey baby
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

since we banning dangerous dogs, we shud ban dangerous plants one time.
eg . roses cuz a it ha pickah

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 11th, 2013, 8:10 pm

what if your premises is secure and you have all the required paper work in order but someone crashes into your gate/wall and your dog(s) escape and injure's/kill someone. Are the holy magistrates gonna order its execution and you are now liable?

How come when humans kill other humans and are proven of such, they are allowed to live off tax payer money forever?

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » July 11th, 2013, 8:45 pm

^^ because dogs can't vote!

I don't see what would be wrong with a 9 year grace period though.
You have 9 years to get your stuff together for the dog. If you have one and you don't agree to it, your dog will be old or might be dead by then.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 11th, 2013, 8:49 pm

talknah society will be irate

dey want naaooow

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » July 11th, 2013, 10:40 pm

pioneer wrote:The debate was yesterday

Trinidad and Tobago Canine Advocates were commenting on facebook.

Apparently there are some very smart senators who are reflecting the general society legit concerns, while anand think we still ride on donkey carts and cut cane for a living like the rest of his supporters.
Attachments
sw50sw8sw578.gif
sw50sw8sw578.gif (177.32 KiB) Viewed 1771 times

kg494EJ-1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kg494EJ-1 » July 11th, 2013, 11:00 pm

Bezman wrote:but i must say i am kinda astonished by the amount of people that think you have to pay $250,000 per dog in insurance :roll: - the Gov't really needs to do a press release about the actual expenses insured on the owner so people stop abandoning their dogs

I had people ask me if I keeping my dogs because of the insurance and when I said yes and replied I will also be seeking Life Policies for them,they watch me like I'm crazy. I have actually had people come to my yard an provoke my dogs to see if they get a reaction from them but the pompek and DT there for them (three most dangerous dogs in my yard).

My blue bully is the most mild mannered dog in my yard, and I will not allow this to separate me and my dog he is a member of my family and I will fight for him and his future offspring as such.

Besides my pompek and DTs(Dustbin Terrier) are the bad ones.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 12th, 2013, 8:32 am

TTVA advising its members to do not sign and "breed certificates" as they are not qualified to do so.

Take that anand, yuh big imps.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 12th, 2013, 9:13 am

http://newsday.co.tt/news/0,180559.html

THE TT Veterinary Association (TTVA) has advised its members not to sign any breed certificates regarding Class ‘A’ dogs. In a statement yesterday, the association said veterinary surgeons were not qualified to define parameters of any canine breed. They said breed standards were defined by breed societies or kennel clubs and not veterinarians.

The association was commenting on the passage of the 2013 Dog Control Bill. The legislation places dogs into two categories — ‘A’ and ‘B’ — with dogs in Category ‘A’ being considered more dangerous breeds. The dogs listed in this schedule are the Pitbull Terrier, Fila Brasilero and the Japanese Tosa and any dog which is bred from any of these breeds. Class ‘B’ dogs are “all other types of dogs.”

The TTVA said its training qualifies them in the medical and surgical care of animals. “To date, there has been no consultation with the Veterinary Association regarding the bill in its present format,” they said.

The association said they have called a special meeting to discuss the “extremely flawed” Bill and they will respond further in the near future. Meanwhile, the Association of TT Insurance Companies (ATTIC) advised the public that insurance companies do not have separate policies for owners of breeds in Class ‘A’. They said however, insurance may be covered under their homeowners’ policy.

ATTIC said the legislation requires persons who own a Class ‘A’ dog, “To have in force in relation to each dog, a policy of insurance that provides coverage in respect of each claim for injury or death caused by that dog in the sum of not less than $250,000 or such higher sum as the Minister may prescribe by Order.”

According to the Bill, a policy of insurance shall be a policy which is issued by a person who is an insurer and insures the owner and any authorised keeper specified in the policy against any Operations Manager of the Trinidad and Tobago Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (TTSPCA) Sara Maynard-Agostini said there still are gray areas for many with regards to the Bill. She said they were getting calls from persons who said they were giving up dogs that were not placed in Class ‘A’.

“People are still unsure about the different breeds even as it is being said in Parliament but not everyone watches the Parliament channel so there needs to be some sort of public information now not later when the Bill is proclaimed,” she said.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » July 17th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Saw a legit question on fb

What if there is a natural disaster, the bill dictates that dogs cannot be in public areas...

What are you supposed to do with your dog if you have to evacuate your home and your dogs?

If you are placed in a public shelter, where the dogs go?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”