Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Re: WTB !!RELIABLE!! 20B 3 Rotor

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » April 23rd, 2012, 11:27 am

streetbeastINC. wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
RoTaRyBoYz wrote:
streetbeastINC. wrote:owned a few 3rds--- reliable and rotary dont /wont go in the same sentence...

Blame yourself & your mechanic, not the engine. Everyone Else around the world is making it work flawlessly, so I cant seem to understand why It cant work in Trinidad

What de fack dem Japs know about engine compared to we Trinis? :lol:

ah so why most of the guys i know with rx8 s only one or tow of them made it to 60,000 km???? and these guys pet their cars.........

i still have a 20 b with brand new parts to install - but its a fact that the engines are not reliable one or two maybe.....but the majority hell no...

Bred, how did you come up with this "fact"? Like I said before, Me and tons of other people around the world have very reliable rotaries that we beat the sheit out of and they're still here today, alive & kicking. Not because you, yuh friends, yuh fadda and he "bess" mechanic can't make it happen, it don't mean that it's impossible. Mazda rotaries made their name in endurance racing (12hr, 24hr, etc.) and they are still doing it today with plenty of podium finishes.
Fact: The Mazda star series (open wheel racing) is powered by a Rx8 engine. Those "mini F1" cars are flogged around the track every weekend without engine reliability issues. Mazda Rotaries are being used to power a lot of light aircrafts around the world. Also, rotary technology is being used in a lot of US military projects including unmanned aircrafts. I've personally seen a 20" tall rotor that was developed for US military use in the 90's and is still in service today.

Anyone that has rotary reliability problem need to properly educate themselves on the do's and don'ts of the engine before condemning it!

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » April 24th, 2012, 12:45 am

yup...i actually know of a lot of rotaries built and raced outside of trinidad, and there are some on pump fuel tuned and built PROPERLY for street use, under 400whp n live and run everyday...

...but the ones that race are also built and tuned even more carefully and run upwards of 25psi and run single digits all day long every meet with the same motor.

i dont get the 'pump fuel' braggin rights but hey....to each his own.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » April 24th, 2012, 10:01 am

Sinister_Audio wrote:yup...i actually know of a lot of rotaries built and raced outside of trinidad, and there are some on pump fuel tuned and built PROPERLY for street use, under 400whp n live and run everyday...

...but the ones that race are also built and tuned even more carefully and run upwards of 25psi and run single digits all day long every meet with the same motor.

yuh unnastannnn!!

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » April 24th, 2012, 10:03 am

Sinister_Audio wrote:yup...i actually know of a lot of rotaries built and raced outside of trinidad, and there are some on pump fuel tuned and built PROPERLY for street use, under 400whp n live and run everyday...

ah guess no one does talk about the 4 and 5 essar that does blow up on d dyno and change like draws too

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » April 24th, 2012, 10:56 am

cinco wrote:

ah guess no one does talk about the 4 and 5 essar that does blow up on d dyno and change like draws too

SRs in trinidad usually are built poorly to start with, the 'crowd' thinks that if the engine has pistons and rods, its effin bullet proof :roll: take sparky for example, sparks has a custom built SR *like no other in trini* after TONS of R&D he got it down DAMN well... on just under 600whp, his best time to date was 10.5

im assuming we're talking about the red second gen here but it doesnt matter what fuel u use, if you goin to the grocery later, or if yuh hadda pick up the wife.... bottom line is....when u end up in the lanes.... and the green light drops.... just win the race.

because ur on 'pump fuel' doesnt make you any more of a 'street car' in my books. sry

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » April 24th, 2012, 11:17 am

Trini have bess mechanic danboiindianboi... dem fellas billin engine since dey born! boy Ready and Scorpion is booorse

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » April 24th, 2012, 1:02 pm

ouch......

:lol:

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » April 24th, 2012, 1:07 pm

indeed..like them honda mechanics that does give recommendations/theses about honda engine maintenance and say 'dem ting honda tellin allyuh is fuh d engine tuh mash up faster so yuh hadda spen more mawnee' :|

twingated42R
Street 2NR

Postby twingated42R » April 24th, 2012, 1:12 pm

RoTaRyBoYz wrote:Trini have bess mechanic danboiindianboi... dem fellas billin engine since dey born! boy Ready and Scorpion is booorse

ready still using Raymond map to tune other ppl car?
still cant add timing to make power :roll:

and scorpion still building twist chassis car? steups...

study how the big white car enter the 9 sec bracket in st lucia (that scorpion drove) and run 13s and never make a single digit run :rofl:

and SCREAMING down the place when they thought they win SECOND place when the black mustang ran 9.6 with boost factory s14...........

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » April 24th, 2012, 1:15 pm

twingated42R wrote:
RoTaRyBoYz wrote:Trini have bess mechanic danboiindianboi... dem fellas billin engine since dey born! boy Ready and Scorpion is booorse

study how the big white car enter the 9 sec bracket in st lucia (that scorpion drove) and run 13s and never make a single digit run :rofl:

and SCREAMING down the place when they thought they win SECOND place when the black mustang ran 9.6 with boost factory s14...........

what time does your car run and how much power does it make?

RoTaRyBoYz
Shifting into 6th

Postby RoTaRyBoYz » April 24th, 2012, 3:10 pm

twingated42R wrote:

They didn't cater for the extra weight so the car only managed to run ah tuteen secont

Boi allyuh eh Ready for ah Trini mechanic & tuner! Dem fellas have the pump gyas record on lock!

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » April 24th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Make NP Proud with PUMP GYAS!

twingated42R
Street 2NR

Postby twingated42R » April 25th, 2012, 11:07 pm

scorpion is a certified failure....

trinidad LAUGHS at him for entering that car in 8 seconds and running 13 seconds twice and grabs up that SECOND place win and holding it HIGH!!

just like madcow tellin people that he ran 9.7 :rofl:

o yes...trinis are the BEST....

legoRB
Riding on 16's

Postby legoRB » April 26th, 2012, 1:17 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » April 26th, 2012, 2:07 am

:lol:

allyuh is kixx in here yes

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » April 26th, 2012, 8:26 am

lol....nice laugh for a thursday morning yes......

but there are a lot of mechanics in trinidad who know a lot more than the engineers at mazda, nissan etc......

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”