TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Do you support Gay Marriage in Trinidad & Tobago?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Do you support Gay Marriage in Trinidad & Tobago?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 302

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Do you support Gay Marriage in Trinidad & Tobago?

Postby UML » May 14th, 2012, 7:46 am

pete wrote:If marriage is for procreation and raising a family then people who aren't able to have children should not get married?

Why can't a gay couple adopt, have a surrogate child etc? Or do you think a gay couple will molest the child or force them to become gay?

people usually find out they cant have kids AFTER getting married.

i more think the child will be confused, embarrassed and tortured while growing up...maybe more incline to have gay tendencies because he is not exposed to masculine things...like when going through puberty....who does he ask for advice?....a woman pretending to be a man.....the child will ask the "man"....."how will u know what i am going through or feeling...you were NEVER a man!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » May 14th, 2012, 8:38 am

Daran wrote:
maj. tom wrote:aye keep it in one thread nah. you want to hear the same bible juice drivel they said there all over again here?

Just wanted to get a poll. I aint taking on any bible bullahs here.

please define underlined term in bold.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » May 14th, 2012, 8:47 am

I think he means people that use the bible to do talking for them even though they themselves don't know that they're going against what the same book stands for.

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » May 14th, 2012, 8:57 am

Stephon. wrote:I think he means people that use the bible to do talking for them even though they themselves don't know that they're going against what the same book stands for.

ah, he doesn't articulate well then...i thought gay ppl generally did though...

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » May 14th, 2012, 9:01 am

UML wrote:
pete wrote:If marriage is for procreation and raising a family then people who aren't able to have children should not get married?

Why can't a gay couple adopt, have a surrogate child etc? Or do you think a gay couple will molest the child or force them to become gay?

i more think the child will be confused, embarrassed and tortured while growing up...maybe more incline to have gay tendencies because he is not exposed to masculine things...like when going through puberty....who does he ask for advice?....a woman pretending to be a man.....the child will ask the "man"....."how will u know what i am going through or feeling...you were NEVER a man!!"

Now this is a skeptic that using his brain to approach to topic at hand. This is something that may be able to be debated(cept the gay tendencies part. UML read some books nah), and I conclude that someone hijack UML account.

Stephon. wrote:Any straight guy that thinks they can catch "the gay" isn't stright lol.

LOL ent. Thas like that Kevin Spacey movie, American sumtin...
Man THOUGHT Kevin was gay with his son and make a move on him. Then blow him away because he catch the gay from him.
Last edited by Sky on May 14th, 2012, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » May 14th, 2012, 9:18 am

for all u bible thumpers or whatever name yall have on d forum, u do know that being gay is not wrong tho......its the act eh.....soooooooo all u guys beating up bout gay dis and gay dat........i sure yall have a few sins to repent ?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 14th, 2012, 9:23 am

Ronaldo95163 wrote:You've gotta be gay if you hang out with gay people....
you in the closet brah?

BULLS$HE!T STATEMENT........
and is easily countered by :
You have repressed feelings which lead you to make such negative statements :idea:
which will lead to remarks like 'I was keeping you company in the closet.'...& so on...
Keep the discussion sensible....'MAN'
rgds

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 9:24 am

UML wrote:

The child will only be embarrassed if people continue to have these prehistoric views toward gays.

U rel digging deep for some counter points. Let me try to help you out there.

You're saying a child in a lesbian or gay home won't have proper role models. That's correct to an extent, but 30% of children already grow up in single parents homes. Having two parents, whether they're of the same sex is still better than one. Especially as they'd be better off financially as well.

Again, being exposed to gays doesn't make you gay. Really, UML you keep rehashing that point. Were you groped and have recurring fantasies of it?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 14th, 2012, 9:39 am

1. The Homosexual Lobby that is increasing in growth in our sweet land, on discussion on the topic wants religion to be removed from any reasoning. So someone's moral compass that is influenced by +2,000 year old book that has revolutionise the world and shaped our legal structure is nullified compared to someone whose moral compass is influenced by reruns of Will & Grace.

2. How do stable homosexual relationships benefit T&T? Stable heterosexual relationships are a seed bed for homes where children are brought up with moral and national values that ensure the continuance of our nation. Gay marriage would reduce our needed positive birth rate for the aging population we have and alternatives such adoption and surrogacy would just "kick the can down the road" to another generation to face the same problems of a reducing heterosexual relationships.

3. In an effort to correct one form of perceived discrimination, is there going to be religious persecution? If there is a religious leader or organisation that refuses to perform a homosexual marriage, would they be hauled to the Equal Opportunity Commission? Would a counsellor who refuses to help a troubled gay couple commit a hate crime? Or since most orphanages are religious based what if gay couple cries foul because they will not allow them to adopt a child?

I stop myself here, I hope amid the "bun batty man" and "religious wingnut" comments people would understand that just as many homosexuals have a moral stance against incest there are many heterosexuals have a moral stance against homosexuality.

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » May 14th, 2012, 9:43 am

UML wrote:for all the people who cudnt care less or dont give a fcuk or a rats ass or not bothered.......one question.......do u have kids?

im guessing u dont

and if u do, how do u explain to your kids that this is normal or not?

still waiting........... :|

Daran wrote:
UML wrote:

The child will only be embarrassed if people continue to have these prehistoric views toward gays.

U rel digging deep for some counter points. Let me try to help you out there.

You're saying a child in a lesbian or gay home won't have proper role models. That's correct to an extent, but 30% of children already grow up in single parents homes. Having two parents, whether they're of the same sex is still better than one. Especially as they'd be better off financially as well.

Again, being exposed to gays doesn't make you gay. Really, UML you keep rehashing that point. Were you groped and have recurring fantasies of it?

yuh know yuh cyah tess dat argument 0X

even the gay activist get quiet :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously you even avoiding the point because you changing the topic by mentioning financial situation with having 2 parents versus one....when we talking bout GAY MARRIAGE on a MORAL basis.

:|

and like all gay activists who lack answers and arguments...you revert to insults or attempt to flip the scenario to make it seem as if the person has some hidden feelings or fear. :roll:
Last edited by UML on May 14th, 2012, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » May 14th, 2012, 9:51 am

Daran wrote:I'm not gay, but I have a lot of close friends who are and I feel it's my duty to stand up for them from evil in the society.

what evil dan ?

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » May 14th, 2012, 9:58 am

marriage is between man and woman... being gay is a defect... if yuh want to marry anyone yuh want then we hadda say that its legal to marry underage kids as well as there should be nothing illegal about any sex fetishes

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 11:24 am

TRAE wrote:marriage is between man and woman... being gay is a defect... if yuh want to marry anyone yuh want then we hadda say that its legal to marry underage kids as well as there should be nothing illegal about any sex fetishes

Lord father almighty.....please give TRAE a brain.

Next time before you post, just try to think and rationalize your thoughts before you click submit. Thanks.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 11:30 am

Daran

Are people born gay?

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 11:35 am

Daran wrote:I'm not gay, but I have a lot of close friends who are and I feel it's my duty to stand up for them from evil in the society.

Is it possible for you to expand on this "evil".
Thanks

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 14th, 2012, 11:41 am

thread just got deep

Why do people see the need to impose their opinions on others?

Everyone has a right to his or her thoughts....coming on tuner to vent serves no purpose because discussions on each individual's beliefs and opinions never change! You can't make people believe what you do or think how you think. Give it a rest people, look at the Religion thread. Mods might have to delete other threads to accomodate it! :|

Everyone thinks they are right! :roll:

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 11:43 am

RASC wrote:

Thanks

Yes I fully believe some if not most gays were born that way. There is a lot of research (genetics and psychological) to support this, although the root cause is still too complicated to pin point just yet.

The evil I see is how some of these gays are treated by so called moral and religious persons. They are derogatory, treat them with disgust and make them feel like outcasts.

It's extremely sad to see someone you love (friend or sibling) go through this. They don't choose to be this way. Why would they? Most wish they could be normal. It isn't something that can be cured by a priets or therapy, I don't believe anyone really has been 'cured'.

If people were less ignorant about this then I wouldn't need to make a stance on this issue.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 11:45 am

mitsu_chick941 wrote:thread just got deep

Everyone has a right to his or her thoughts....coming on tuner to vent serves no purpose because discussions on each individual's beliefs and opinions never change! You can't make people believe what you do or think how you think. Give it a rest people, look at the Religion thread. Mods might have to delete other threads to accomodate it! :|

I totally disagree. Sometimes people have to stand up for what's right. Otherwise, africans would still be enslaved and women unable to vote.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 11:46 am

Well consider this...if everyone were to adopt your "live and let live" attitude...the Nazi's would've won, slavery would still be a norm, fortune 500's would've never existed and man would have never matured to this state.

The mere fact that we question, oppose, argue and debate is what makes us human beings and keeps us atop the world's pecking order. This argument or discussion rather is what makes us who we are...

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 14th, 2012, 11:48 am

^^^^you too :?

Daran wrote:

I totally disagree. Sometimes people have to stand up for what's right. Otherwise, africans would still be enslaved and women unable to vote.

oh i didnt go that deep......i was mainly referring to here on tuner and each individual's right to their own opinion.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 11:52 am

Daran wrote:
RASC wrote:

Thanks

Yes I fully believe some if not most gays were born that way. There is a lot of research (genetics and psychological) to support this, although the root cause is still too complicated to pin point just yet.

If this is so, why has it not been taught in the world top medical schools? If you are BORN a certain way, there has to be a scientific reasoning behind such not so? This would delve into the realm of actual medical science and not social science, thus it can be proven without a doubt with science.

The evil I see is how some of these gays are treated by so called moral and religious persons. They are derogatory, treat them with disgust and make them feel like outcasts.

What are you basing "evil" upon...as in what gradient are you using to decipher what is evil or not? Just curious...

It's extremely sad to see someone you love (friend or sibling) go through this. They don't choose to be this way. Why would they? Most wish they could be normal.

Most gay persons wish to be straight? Interesting...this is new. Studies show this?

It isn't something that can be cured by a priets or therapy, I don't believe anyone really has been 'cured'.

If people were less ignorant about this then I wouldn't need to make a stance on this issue.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 11:53 am

mitsu_chick941 wrote:^^^^you too :?

Daran wrote:

oh i didnt go that deep......i was mainly referring to here on tuner and each individual's right to their own opinion.

Well even on this scale, the place would be EXTREMELY boring and you wouldnt want to be here. The mere fact that ppl are different, and you are allowed to argue your point makes it interesting.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 11:58 am

RASC wrote:
Daran wrote:
RASC wrote:

Thanks

If this is so, why has it not been taught in the world top medical schools? If you are BORN a certain way, there has to be a scientific reasoning behind such not so? This would delve into the realm of actual medical science and not social science, thus it can be proven without a doubt with science.

Conclusive evidence has not yet been found but already scientists are seeing differences in gay to straight brain structure. Also, a heap load of certain genes are found to be more prevalent in gays etc. One day it will be proven. Give it time.

What are you basing "evil" upon...as in what gradient are you using to decipher what is evil or not? Just curious...

So simple. Judging and demeaning someone who you don't know just because you're aware of their gayness is just plain wrong and evil. I've seen gays being bullied, insulted, sometimes had violence inflicted upon them by people who should know better.

It's extremely sad to see someone you love (friend or sibling) go through this. They don't choose to be this way. Why would they? Most wish they could be normal.

Most gay persons wish to be straight? Interesting...this is new. Studies show this?

Every gay person I know at one point wished they could be straight. It takes them years to accept themselves if they ever do.

It isn't something that can be cured by a priets or therapy, I don't believe anyone really has been 'cured'.

Last edited by Daran on May 14th, 2012, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 14th, 2012, 11:58 am

RASC wrote:Well even on this scale, the place would be EXTREMELY boring and you wouldnt want to be here. The mere fact that ppl are different, and you are allowed to argue your point makes it interesting.

fb blocked in work. :cry:

i hear you though.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 12:03 pm

Daran wrote:
RASC wrote:
Daran wrote:
RASC wrote:

Thanks

Conclusive evidence has not been found but differences in gay to straight brain structure has been found. A heap load of certain genes are found to be more prevalent in gays etc. One it will be proven. Give it time.

So simple. Judging and demeaning someone who you don't know just because you're aware of their gayness is evil. I've seen gays being bullied, insulted, sometimes had violence inflicted upon them by people who should know better.

Every gay person I know at one point wished they could be straight. It takes them years to accept themselves if they ever do.

Okay you're kinda missing me here...dig deeper.
DEFINE... "EVIL"
For you to describe something as EVIL or wrong, you have to base it against something. What are you personally basing the word EVIL on. What makes something EVIL?

Evil is the violation of, or intent to violate, some moral code.

What is your moral code, that you are using to determine what these ppl who are doing this to Gay persons are evil. You catch me?

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » May 14th, 2012, 12:08 pm

I think some people may be seeing it wrong. If you wanna be gay and bend down and take it up the hershey highway then big up to you and your man. More woman for me......*evil laugh*

If you gonna debate this then you cannot start by using religion. This is a moral and ethical issue not a religious one. Stop trying to quote the bible, quran, bhagavad gita etc.

If a gay man or woman wants to marry their partner then so be it once they don't intrude on my personal space or affect my life. Be gay in the privacy of your home not on streets.

Daran why is it that everyone who disagrees with this is labelled a bigot? Why is there this push that we must accept homosexuality? Why can't someone just disagree if they so desire?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 14th, 2012, 12:13 pm

Habit7 wrote:1. The Homosexual Lobby that is increasing in growth in our sweet land, on discussion on the topic wants religion to be removed from any reasoning. So someone's moral compass that is influenced by +2,000 year old book that has revolutionise the world and shaped our legal structure is nullified compared to someone whose moral compass is influenced by reruns of Will & Grace.

wait, what? you seriously believe that? if it weren't for religion we'd prolly have flying cars by now!

also here's some light reading for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » May 14th, 2012, 12:21 pm

So it seems that RASC is against it, and it was well thought out . But you won't see him with a sign. He won't go out of his way to fight it, because WHY?
So to those that actively fight it. Why? Why not put your efforts to fight crime or something actually worth fighting.

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » May 14th, 2012, 12:22 pm

am i in the right thread?

oh wait.....no.....

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 12:24 pm

RASC wrote:Okay you're kinda missing me here...dig deeper.
DEFINE... "EVIL"
For you to describe something as EVIL or wrong, you have to base it against something. What are you personally basing the word EVIL on. What makes something EVIL?

Evil is the violation of, or intent to violate, some moral code.

What is your moral code, that you are using to determine what these ppl who are doing this to Gay persons are evil. You catch me?

Rasc, you digging too deep for your own good.

For me an evil act has to a purposeful action where the doer is aware of the negative consequence.

Firstly, two conscenting adults doing stuff to each other sexually is NOT EVIL and has no effect on your life and is non of your business.

People who try to inflict emotional or physical pain on these people are EVIL

I know what you're getting at though. Morality is complicated, but look at this intelligently.

If people could not help being gay (as in they were proven to be born gay). And by them being gay, they did not affect you. How would could that be looked at as immoral or evil?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”