Forums

Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

Postby kerwinishere » July 21st, 2014, 7:57 pm

Using that and a Fiio E15 amp ATM but the guy looks like he's interested in wireless so....bleh

Anyone know where I can get Punch Plugs or House of Marley earphones?

rephobby
Ricer

Postby rephobby » July 22nd, 2014, 12:33 pm

kerwinishere wrote:You come in an audiophile thread to ask about that sheit.....

Uhhh. It's a question so relax. I don't care about the sound quality blah blah. It's a gift for someone who wants it so I asked. Cuz I cudnt find it.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » July 22nd, 2014, 7:33 pm

Lol tell the person who want it get better taste

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » July 24th, 2014, 11:41 pm

kerwinishere wrote:Lol tell the person who want it get better taste

Best advice there opie

Ultimas
Street 2NR

Postby Ultimas » August 1st, 2014, 9:55 am

Apple's Beats sued by Bose over headphones

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/39403653.cms

:popcorn:

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » August 1st, 2014, 12:23 pm

I've owned a bunch of cheap headsets over the years for gaming purposes. After using my brothers Pioneer HDJ 2000's I was like.....what the fuh.....I am missing out on my music experience as I listen to alot of different kinds of music. So when I heard them through his 2000's I knew I needed to upgrade.

I was wondering about the Sennheiser G4ME ONE PC Gaming Headset. Anyone has it here?

I knew buying a high end headset would most likely require a soundcard and from a very useful review on those same Sennheisers a guy posted suggesting the ASUS Xonar DGX with a built in AMP for the best performance.

Would that be a good combo for the price? Or are there any other suggestions? Would be glad for some advice as I don't know much about this field. And yes, I need a mic for the gaming purposes, but also want the best audio experience for music, movies etc.

javishm
punchin NOS

Postby javishm » August 1st, 2014, 12:48 pm

DVSTT wrote:ATH M50X FTW!!!!!!

javishm
punchin NOS

Postby javishm » August 1st, 2014, 12:48 pm

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 1st, 2014, 1:51 pm

Soul Collector wrote:I've owned a bunch of cheap headsets over the years for gaming purposes. After using my brothers Pioneer HDJ 2000's I was like.....what the fuh.....I am missing out on my music experience as I listen to alot of different kinds of music. So when I heard them through his 2000's I knew I needed to upgrade.

I was wondering about the Sennheiser G4ME ONE PC Gaming Headset. Anyone has it here?

I knew buying a high end headset would most likely require a soundcard and from a very useful review on those same Sennheisers a guy posted suggesting the ASUS Xonar DGX with a built in AMP for the best performance.

Would that be a good combo for the price? Or are there any other suggestions? Would be glad for some advice as I don't know much about this field. And yes, I need a mic for the gaming purposes, but also want the best audio experience for music, movies etc.

Honestly the fancy sound card isn't necessary. ...realtek does a very good job with HD audio. Can't remember the exact review but it read what does it take to turn the pc into a hifi audio platform.:smile:

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » August 1st, 2014, 2:45 pm

javishm wrote:

Those have no mics :|

And kamakazi I have Realteck HD Audio Manager installed on my PC if that's what you're talking about? I still need a good headset anyways. The one I am using right now cost just a few USD lol.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 1st, 2014, 3:13 pm

Soul Collector wrote:
javishm wrote:

Those have no mics :|

And kamakazi I have Realteck HD Audio Manager installed on my PC if that's what you're talking about? I still need a good headset anyways. The one I am using right now cost just a few USD lol.

Do a Google search for the words after "read".... Should bring up a toms hardware article. I honestly don't remember which particular reatek audio chipset is the HD one

As regards the headset. .. the audio technica BPHS1 maybe :smile:

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » August 1st, 2014, 4:46 pm

Soul Collector wrote:
I've owned a bunch of cheap headsets over the years for gaming purposes. After using my brothers Pioneer HDJ 2000's I was like.....what the fuh.....I am missing out on my music experience as I listen to alot of different kinds of music. So when I heard them through his 2000's I knew I needed to upgrade.

I've got the PC350SE which would be the equivalent of the G4me Zero, could advise a little on them cause they're all pretty similar with the exception of stereo vs surround & padding material.

These do require a proper sound card/amp ( On board audio is not enough, using Realtek with this is a waste of $) to drive properly and get the best sound quality, I'd recommend this soundcard, better buy than the asus imo, for the fact that it has a 600 Ohm built in headphone amp which would give you ample power to drive them properly and is rated @ 116dB SNR which should provide overall better sound clarity. The One is an open back design which does offer a wider soundstage (>positional audio) than the closed back design of my PC350SE (G4me Zero). Sound quality is excellent, bass is punchy but if you like alot of bass you should pass on these.

Very light on the head, snug fit (G4me One I've read may be a bit tighter) the headband / earpads are very soft, the velour on the G4me One is even nicer. I'm currently using the DT990 pro which come with velour pads so I can tell you they're extremely soft and comfortable.

The mic is one of the strongest features, the best I've used, really clear & the noise isolation works flawlessly. Very convenient flip up to mute & it's bendable to adjust to different positions.

As an all in one solution you can't go wrong, the sound is incredible, comfortable to wear & the mic is probably the best on a headset you can get. Once paired with an amp/soundcard to drive they will deliver proper sound.

The other route would be to get a soundcard / headphones / mic separate. The audio technica for eg that was suggested would be a great option with the asus / creative Z soundcard as it's a low impedance headphones that doesn't need alot of power to drive them. Then you just need an attachable mic. So don't think you can go wrong either way but if is a headset you looking for the Sennheiser is a bess choice.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » August 2nd, 2014, 5:46 pm

iM@st@1 my brother, that was a masterful breakdown of all the facts and exactly the information I was looking for.

I know Sennheiser to be an extremely quality brand. My brother is even upgrading his Pioneer HDJ 2000's for a Sennheiser product when he gets the chance. So once I was thinking along the lines of "DJ sounding" quality headphones, after some searches the Sennheiser name came up.

The velour seems to be really comfortable and the open back design is very much welcomed as I was looking specifically for a gaming headset with that feature for the wider soundstage and also that some of the closed air designs tend to get uncomfortable and gets your ears sweaty after extended periods of use which I'll be worried about on the G4ME ZERO with the leatherette closed back design. Also, I want to be able to hear sounds around me in the room which is a major problem I have right now.

I also don't like alot of bass, like some of those Beats I tried on before. It gets loud, very bassy, but the quality is just meh. I want actual sound quality not just "omg so much bass this is the best" kind of thing. I thoroughly enjoyed using my brother's HDJ 2000's just on the realtek software, so imagine when I get the G4ME ONE PLUS the soundcard...I can't wait!

The only reason I posted that specific ASUS sound card was because the guy who did the review on the G4ME ONE mentioned you needed a soundcard or else it's a waste of money, so I didn't go reviewing soundcards just yet. Wanted to make sure the headset was good first. But now you also suggested a better sound card so thanks for that as well.

Thanks for the feedback, it's very, very much appreciated.

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » August 3rd, 2014, 12:38 am

Some years ago Asus and Sennheiser had released a bundled Xonar Xense with the PC350.

The Essence STX II was recently released but all the prices I seeing online is > $2000tt 8-)

Only some onboard audio comes with headphone amps. MSI boards with the "Audio Boost/Audio Boost 2" feature and Asus with the "SupremeFx" version IV (not the previous versions)

I think the Sound Blaster Z mentioned above should be good enough for the G4ME zero and is much better than most onboard audio.

edit: Well I just checked back and is not the 'Z' but the 'ZxR' version of that card is the one where you could change op-amps but I doubt you would have need to do that.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » August 4th, 2014, 5:57 am

fouljuice wrote:edit: Well I just checked back and is not the 'Z' but the 'ZxR' version of that card is the one where you could change op-amps but I doubt you would have need to do that.

Naw I would not be wanting to do all that. I just wanna make sure I get the best out of my purchase of the G4ME ONE so if it requires a soundcard well that's good nuff for me. Won't wanna be changing amps for any reason :oops:

I also took a look at that STX II, that thing is gorgeous haha.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 4th, 2014, 6:51 am

was lent a pair of the Sennheiser 600 HD - they are very good - better than the AKG MK II i'm accustomed with

better range / soundstage / clarity

very comfortable and light

Obito_
Riding on 13's

Postby Obito_ » August 6th, 2014, 12:51 am

Hey guys, looking to replace my Plantronics 780. Kinda in a toss up between the Razer Kraken Pro or the SteelSeries Siberia V2, any opinions?

I know its not as high quality as some of the headsets mentioned here but its within my price range. Looking for one to use for gaming/music.

Electronic Interiors Ltd
Street 2NR

Postby Electronic Interiors Ltd » August 31st, 2014, 9:49 pm

You all can take a look at the Bowers & Wilkins headphones we have available

Please feel free to call us at 362-2814 / 374-0711 if you have any questions.
Attachments
20140829_205411.jpg

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 31st, 2014, 11:17 pm

Pm price list on b&w products offered pls....

Nautilus series...any subs and headphones....

Thanks

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » August 31st, 2014, 11:21 pm

16 cycles wrote:Pm price list on b&w products offered pls....

Nautilus series...any subs and headphones....

Thanks

I want to know, but Im afraid to know

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 31st, 2014, 11:41 pm

A P7 is listed around 400 on Amazon. ... ouch

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » September 14th, 2014, 11:08 am

Soul Collector wrote:
iM@st@1 my brother, that was a masterful breakdown of all the facts and exactly the information I was looking for.

I know Sennheiser to be an extremely quality brand. My brother is even upgrading his Pioneer HDJ 2000's for a Sennheiser product when he gets the chance. So once I was thinking along the lines of "DJ sounding" quality headphones, after some searches the Sennheiser name came up.

The velour seems to be really comfortable and the open back design is very much welcomed as I was looking specifically for a gaming headset with that feature for the wider soundstage and also that some of the closed air designs tend to get uncomfortable and gets your ears sweaty after extended periods of use which I'll be worried about on the G4ME ZERO with the leatherette closed back design. Also, I want to be able to hear sounds around me in the room which is a major problem I have right now.

I also don't like alot of bass, like some of those Beats I tried on before. It gets loud, very bassy, but the quality is just meh. I want actual sound quality not just "omg so much bass this is the best" kind of thing. I thoroughly enjoyed using my brother's HDJ 2000's just on the realtek software, so imagine when I get the G4ME ONE PLUS the soundcard...I can't wait!

The only reason I posted that specific ASUS sound card was because the guy who did the review on the G4ME ONE mentioned you needed a soundcard or else it's a waste of money, so I didn't go reviewing soundcards just yet. Wanted to make sure the headset was good first. But now you also suggested a better sound card so thanks for that as well.

Thanks for the feedback, it's very, very much appreciated.

Hey Soul you decided to pull the trigger on the G4me one's as yet?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » September 14th, 2014, 1:49 pm

Unfortunately not and I'm a bit pissed every day that I have to use this cheap headset because it takes away from my music listening experience lol. My visa card expired and it's been a pain in the ass to renew it. Talking about cards going bad too, my graphics card seems to be about gone too.

I'm weighing my options on a fairly cheap replacement/upgrade for the gfx card or wondering if to save some more and just build a new rig (including the sound card/G4me one). If I go with just the mid raged gfx card I will pick up the G4me one at the same time. I will definitely update the thread tho. I'm dying slowly every day that I can't enjoy my music and movies like I want to :cry:

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » September 14th, 2014, 7:18 pm

So is go sometimes, why not wait till Nov for black friday sales so you can get everything a lil cheaper, that way you could save some more & invest in a decent gpu one time.

basstard
Ricer

Postby basstard » September 14th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Hello tuners, I want to buy a decent headphones to watch movies and play games on my pc. My budget is 400tt and I want an over ear design. Any suggestions

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 14th, 2014, 11:28 pm

Audio technica ATH-M30 should be in your price range

basstard
Ricer

Postby basstard » September 22nd, 2014, 9:04 pm

kamakazi wrote:Audio technica ATH-M30 should be in your price range

The audio technica ATH-M30 dont have a mic, so i buy the logitech G330 neck band headset. I saw it was selling for $90 usd in amazon and i saw it in wizz cheaper.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 23rd, 2014, 1:33 am

You asked for headphone suggestions....:smile:

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » October 15th, 2014, 10:21 am

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » October 15th, 2014, 7:02 pm

gastly369 wrote:http://www.focal.com/en/mobile-headphones/298-spirit-one-3544051725002.html

any local reviews?

No but their speakers are excellent

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”