Forums

WTF - Snake!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: WTF - Snake!

Postby vaiostation » July 5th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Use Black Disinfectant around your home.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 5th, 2019, 7:23 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Colorful

False one or no?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 5th, 2019, 8:07 pm

SMc wrote:where you got that advice from?

life xp

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 5th, 2019, 8:15 pm

U.S. Wildlife Services and the U.S. Department of Agriculture recommend a mixture of cinnamon oil and clove oil as a snake repellant. Eugenol, which is a component of most essential oils is also an effective repellent.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 5th, 2019, 10:58 pm

basically anything that has a strong smell unlike any scent the snake is used to can be used as a snake repellent. but just keep in mind they don't always work.
a small snake like a young mappepire looking for a place to escape the cold has no problem curling up inside yuh boots, toe jam or no toe jam :lol:

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » July 6th, 2019, 12:11 pm

88sins wrote:
SMc wrote:where you got that advice from?

life xp

Thanks-good to hear it wasn't a statement made by an official body as some of them recommendations are a bit off

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » July 6th, 2019, 4:37 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

False one or no?

I don't think so nah..isn't the rhyme 'Red before yellow, a deadly fellow' or something? I stand to be corrected though.

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » July 6th, 2019, 5:01 pm

Red on yellow kill a fellow, white on black poison lack.

This is not applicable to our coral snakes as the large coral has variations in colour bands.

This was first developed to protect the california King snake which has similar colours to coral snakes.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 6th, 2019, 5:46 pm

Joshie23 wrote:

False one or no?

I don't think so nah..isn't the rhyme 'Red before yellow, a deadly fellow' or something? I stand to be corrected though.

Neighbor didnt let him live so long nah...the rhyme couldnt even start

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 6th, 2019, 7:56 pm

The one I posted earlier has the same pattern.
ours look like our national flag.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 6th, 2019, 8:03 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:ImageColorful

Allyuh going to see a snake like this and study nursery rhyme to determine if it is poisonous or not??????
Joshie23 wrote:

False one or no?

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » July 6th, 2019, 8:10 pm

For the hundredth time those American summer camp rhymes would get you killed in Trinidad !!

That's a 'Trinidad Coral 'Murcurus cirilanis/'small coral snake'.. like the one suspected of killing the man in the outside shower a couple years ago after something bit him on his lil toe and he ignored it,went to hospital very sick next morning and it was roo late..

In this case 'Red touching white will kill Dwight..

The false one similar to this solid white bands are in the middle of black rings unlike this one where the black and white switch places..
Last edited by VII on July 6th, 2019, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 6th, 2019, 8:15 pm

^^ Thank yuh! Blade first and asking questions later.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » July 6th, 2019, 8:27 pm

The false one to the above,there are many false ones,some not really matching any of the real ones also,just don't pick them up unless you're sure and have a visual reference of the two deadly ones at hand..

Real.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 6th, 2019, 8:32 pm

Idk bout allyuh...but when you see them kinda colors...first thing is to kill

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » July 6th, 2019, 8:40 pm

Big coral..Micrurus Lemniscatus...in Guyana it's the 'Hymarali'..
Forget North American boy scout rhymes here ok..

One of these killed two people sleeping in a shack on a Mayaro plantation in the 50's,one of only a few cases in the world of one snake killing two people..they were probably tossing and turning and brushing it away as it crawled on them in their sleep..they grow to 4 feet and a lil more..That's huge for a coral..they also like water so beware walking in water bare footed in and around streams etc..

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » July 6th, 2019, 8:51 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Idk bout allyuh...but when you see them kinda colors...first thing is to kill

Caught one of the small ones in my house years ago,as my wife cleaned and my 2 y.o last son played she raised a mat to sweep and it was below, she secured our son and called me,caught it observed it for a bit,took pics and released it over the back wall..

Always knock out shoes and pants etc that was probably on your bedroom floor etc before putting them on..

And wherever there are 'ground puppies' there are small corals,and ground puppies are everywhere..lol..
Last edited by VII on July 7th, 2019, 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 6th, 2019, 10:23 pm

Only nursery rhyme I believe in is " if you see a snake , use a Cutlass hoe or rake. Chop off the f ing head and doh even wait to see if it dead.'

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 6th, 2019, 11:08 pm

do not cut off the head of any snake, venomous or not. and if you do anyway, it's then your obligation to securely dispose of the head.
A snakes head can remain active for a really long time after being severed from the body. Now imagine, after you chop the head off and leave it on the ground some curious child comes along and picks it up. Snake is distressed, so will bite, and has no body, so can't release as it want, so is full dose venom sharing. Even discarded fangs can be dangerous.
If you feel you absolutely must cut off a venomous snakes head, pick it up with a shovel, and proceed to burn it immediately, to ash if possible.

and feel free to not let the animal die in vain. If you're amenable to it and the body has a little size, you can cook it and eat it.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 7th, 2019, 3:50 pm

88sins wrote:do not cut off the head of any snake, venomous or not. and if you do anyway, it's then your obligation to securely dispose of the head.
If you're amenable to it and the body has a little size, you can cook it and eat it.

Are you saying that it is okay to eat a poisonous snake??????????

Isn't that like eating sushi? You must know what you are doing.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 7th, 2019, 4:21 pm

well snakes aren't poisonous, or else yes, eating them would be a problem. They're venomous. Venom is nature's cocktail of enzymes (which are proteins) that are deadly if they enter the bloodstream before they're denatured. You can even eat/drink snake venom once you have no cuts in your mouth and stomach lining, but injecting it is bad. It really is a bit complicated if you go into deeper details about the structure and role of enzymes compared to poisons which are enzyme inhibitors (but can actually also be proteins!) And then a poison-arrow frog is poison, not venom, but if you touch it you still die.

I looked for some explanation, and I hope this video can help you understand:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 7th, 2019, 5:56 pm

maj. tom wrote:well snakes aren't poisonous, or else yes, eating them would be a problem. They're venomous. Venom is nature's cocktail of enzymes (which are proteins) that are deadly if they enter the bloodstream before they're denatured. You can even eat/drink snake venom once you have no cuts in your mouth and stomach lining, but injecting it is bad. It really is a bit complicated if you go into deeper details about the structure and role of enzymes compared to poisons which are enzyme inhibitors (but can actually also be proteins!) And then a poison-arrow frog is poison, not venom, but if you touch it you still die.

I looked for some explanation, and I hope this video can help you understand:

correct
additionally, most venomous snakes venom is generated and stored in two venom glands situated at the back of the head. once the head is intact when severed, the body is safe to eat.
boucaneer mappepire, smoked over a wood fire slow with a hint of fever grass and seasoned with level pepper and bandanya does taste like a slice of heaven. hadda kno how to prep it, but it bess

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 7th, 2019, 10:05 pm

Thanks maj.tom I learning a lot today.

Saw one trying to cross the road outside vista park today. Kinda copper brown with a black head. Blocked the road to let the lil guy cross safely. Was about 2 feet long.

Any idea what type that was? Didnt get time to take a pic because people were getting slightly aggravated at me blocking the road to let a snake pass.

Scorpion venom for heart disease, means my heart good then. Collected a dose some years back. Woke my mom as it was about 4am. She asked if I feeling like it had any effect on me, I said no. She said good and went back to sleep. If it had to affect me it would already have done so. Seems you can build up a tolerance to that though. I know it affects my sister but she get stung so many times, the last time around she just proceeded to watch tv. Could be that she didn't get much venom last time around though.

I read that people have been bitten by rattlesnake heads long after they were cut off. Our mappapire is a cousin of the rattlesnake iirc, so i'd strongly advise against cutting off the head. Just let the animal be.

Advent
Riding on 17's

Postby Advent » July 8th, 2019, 8:49 am

nervewrecker wrote:Thanks maj.tom I learning a lot today.

Saw one trying to cross the road outside vista park today. Kinda copper brown with a black head. Blocked the road to let the lil guy cross safely. Was about 2 feet long.

Any idea what type that was? Didnt get time to take a pic because people were getting slightly aggravated at me blocking the road to let a snake pass.

Scorpion
venom for heart disease, means my heart good then. Collected a dose some years back. Woke my mom as it was about 4am. She asked if I feeling like it had any effect on me, I said no. She said good and went back to sleep. If it had to affect me it would already have done so. Seems you can build up a tolerance to that though. I know it affects my sister but she get stung so many times, the last time around she just proceeded to watch tv. Could be that she didn't get much venom last time around though.

I read that people have been bitten by rattlesnake heads long after they were cut off. Our mappapire is a cousin of the rattlesnake iirc, so i'd strongly advise against cutting off the head. Just let the animal be.

if i remember the bigger the scorpion the least lethal it is.

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » July 8th, 2019, 3:23 pm

True smaller scorpion spp are more venomous (not poisonous). Our real bad boy is Tityus trinitatis.... A small brown one... With fat tail which is a good indicator of venomous

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 8th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Yeah I believe studies were done on this particular scorpion as it’s venom can cause diabetic complications
Not nice to be stuck with that after a lil sting

The Paleontologist
18 pounds of Boost

Postby The Paleontologist » July 8th, 2019, 4:55 pm

I thought it was the size of their claws?
Advent wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Thanks maj.tom I learning a lot today.

Scorpion
venom for heart disease, means my heart good then. Collected a dose some years back. Woke my mom as it was about 4am. She asked if I feeling like it had any effect on me, I said no. She said good and went back to sleep. If it had to affect me it would already have done so. Seems you can build up a tolerance to that though. I know it affects my sister but she get stung so many times, the last time around she just proceeded to watch tv. Could be that she didn't get much venom last time around though.

if i remember the bigger the scorpion the least lethal it is.

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » July 8th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Well large claws go with thin tails... Weapon of choice of bigger species. Smaller species have weaker claws but the ones with fat tails are sure indicator of more venomous. Eg Indian red, Israeli deathstalker and Arabian fat tail.... Tityus would round it up...

Know a guy whom Tityus stung his wife... She then became a diabetic... It can cause acute pancreatitis

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 8th, 2019, 9:55 pm

Was a small brown one that stung me.

I had a few medical exams done since, no sign of diabetes or anything.

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » July 9th, 2019, 5:45 am

Scorpions are known to give up to three 'dry' stings before giving one with venom. This is why all over the world there are local 'remedies' that 'seem' to work.

For example in Trinidad people would claim eating it, or tamarind seed, or sugar water worked.

Usually was just a dry sting.

Once no early onset of symptoms its usually a dry sting. You are fortunate.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”