Forums

TTASA management dissolved - UPDATE Pg.10

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Conquerer
Riding on 13's

Re: TTASA management dissolved - UPDATE Pg.8 SGM

Postby Conquerer » February 1st, 2013, 4:21 pm

So Duane, members have to wait until they have an AGM and elect a president to have an FIA Degate?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 1st, 2013, 5:40 pm

The Chairman of the TTASA Board of Trustees, Vishnu Mangalsingh, has informed me that the interim committee to be voted in at the SGM is to carry out the day to day activities of TTASA and will be comprised of members legible to do so, during which time another group, a Special Appointed Committee, will look after constitutional reform and the way forward for TTASA and by extension motorpsort in T&T.

He assures me that the aim is to create synergy among the motorsport fraternities in T&T.

The proposed Special Appointed Committee will be comprised of:
Rawlins Amar
John Powell
Mark Singh
Dr. Mark Williams
Attorney Gerrard Ramdeen

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 1st, 2013, 5:47 pm

Conquerer wrote:So Duane, members have to wait until they have an AGM and elect a president to have an FIA Degate?
According to this letter sent by the Chairman of the Board of Trustees to the FIA President, the FIA Delegate has already been appointed.

I was also told that FIA has accepted this delegation last month.

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » February 1st, 2013, 7:47 pm

Conquerer
Riding on 13's

Postby Conquerer » February 1st, 2013, 8:52 pm

Duane, I saw the letter that was sent to Mr. Todt, but did he reply to confirm whether the FIA Delegate was accepted?
Just to let the public know, after living in France for the past eight years, I have been around the FIA folks quite often, but ONLY the president can make that appointment. A Trustee has no weight. That will never be recognized or accepted. That title belongs to the ASN President and only he can make that appointment

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » February 1st, 2013, 9:38 pm

hmmmmm Conquerer Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:22 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 2nd, 2013, 12:04 am

Conquerer wrote:Duane, I saw the letter that was sent to Mr. Todt, but did he reply to confirm whether the FIA Delegate was accepted?
Just to let the public know, after living in France for the past eight years, I have been around the FIA folks quite often, but ONLY the president can make that appointment. A Trustee has no weight. That will never be recognized or accepted. That title belongs to the ASN President and only he can make that appointment
this much I know, but I am only reporting the information I get.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » February 2nd, 2013, 12:05 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:The Chairman of the TTASA Board of Trustees, Vishnu Mangalsingh, has informed me that the interim committee to be voted in at the SGM is to carry out the day to day activities of TTASA and will be comprised of members legible to do so, during which time another group, a Special Appointed Committee, will look after constitutional reform and the way forward for TTASA and by extension motorpsort in T&T.

He assures me that the aim is to create synergy among the motorsport fraternities in T&T.

The proposed Special Appointed Committee will be comprised of:
Rawlins Amar
John Powell
Mark Singh
Dr. Mark Williams
Attorney Gerrard Ramdeen

that doesn't sound as though the SGM is intended to allow Membership to vote in a Management Committee, seeing that all management members have resigned. What is the purpose of voting an 'interim committee' when the intent of the Constitution is to return to Membership as quickly as possible to have a duly elected Management Committee put in place to continue the business of the Association ?
This talk of 'interim committee', etc is totally against the dictate of the Constitution and any 'special appointed committee' MUST BE ACTIONED BY A SITTING MANAGEMENT DULY ELECTED BY MEMBERSHIP, EITHER BY AGM OR (IN THIS CASE) BY SGM.
The Board of Trustees is acting ultra vires the TTASA Constitution...they are acting beyond the legal power or authority defined by this very Constitution and refusing to acknowledge same.
Membership must demand that a Management Committee be immediately elected at this SGM to legally continue with Association Business. The appointment of the 'special appointed committee' can only be constitutionally effected by a Management Committee.
rgds

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » February 2nd, 2013, 12:30 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Conquerer wrote:Duane, I saw the letter that was sent to Mr. Todt, but did he reply to confirm whether the FIA Delegate was accepted?
this much I know, but I am only reporting the information I get.

do I dare ask why Vishnu mangalsingh is listed as TTASA President on the FIA website ?? it was Mohammed Ali until 31Jan13...& TTASA hasn't yet convened any SGM to return a Management Committee (we know what's happened there)... where this bombshell come from ? & Mr. mangalsingh has confirmed in a telephone conversation with me that he knows about this (at the February regular monthly meeting I will tell you all EXACTLY WHAT HE TOLD ME !)
The ASN president IS THE FIA DELEGATE....if there is reason to appoint someone else to that position, it can be done...BY THE PRESIDENT & MANAGEMENT OF THAT ASN.
I wonder if 'someone' is reading 'the Trustees are in control of the Association, sooo... the Chairman is now the President,sooo.... the President 'appoints' a delegate...' :shock:
I, FOR SURE, WANT TO HEAR THE REASONING AT THE FEBRUARY STATUTORY REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING :!:
:2gunfire:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 3rd, 2013, 5:57 pm

I had meant to post these up earlier for public knowledge

These are the actual resignation letters from the President of TTASA Mohammed Ali and the Honorary Secretary Vera Ali

Mohammed Ali's resignation as President
January 9th 2013.
The Chairman of the Board of Trustees & The Membership
TTASA.

Dear Mr. Mangalsingh,
It is indeed a sad day, when long standing members of TTASA will plot deceptively to overthrow the management on false allegations and create a storm in a teacup on petty matters, all because they have their own agenda and want power to control motor sport.

So I ask the question, What have we done wrong?
During my stewardship as President, I have been faced with many challenges. Whilst I was able to deal with most of them, the incompetence of some of the Management Committee Members were the worst challenge that were before me.
To begin with, when I assumed office, it was discovered that no audited accounts were done for the previous four years. We immediately embarked on the exercise of having those audits done. Several financial discrepancies were revealed and two past Presidents and one Treasurer were expelled, whilst another Treasurer was suspended.

Despite the fact that I have been preaching how important it was for us to have full transparency in all our operations, at our first Drag Race Event in November 2011, certain Management Committee Members were engaged in the sale of arm bands at the competitors gate entrance without my prior knowledge. The cashiers booth was only a few footsteps away, but there was no collaboration. The public observed where monies were collected from patrons and placed in the members pockets. Of course this was no laughing matter for me and I dealt with it perhaps in the most unorthodox way given the prevailing circumstances. To date no one can accurately tell me how much arm bands were sold and at what price, since the information received from patrons varied from $100 to $300. I ask you the membership, was this a transparent operation.
Well indeed that was the beginning of the fracturing of my Management, because I did not take kindly to that, as It appears that it is always easier for some people to do the wrong thing rather than the right.

This therefore was the beginning of the fracturing of the Management Committee. After that incident, I had to be extra vigilant and I was accused of micro-managing. Of course I plead guilty to that. If Management Committee Members could not be trusted, as the President I had to intervene.

I also had some issues with the then Treasurer – Mr. Roddy Lalman. I called for an Internal Audit after our first (6) months in office. The Audit was done and it was discovered that on almost every occasion when deposits were made, Mr. Lalman short deposited TTASA funds. The rest is history, as we again had to expel another Treasurer.

But mischief makers said that management committee members could not work with me and as a result they resigned which is furthest from the truth.

In July 2012, the last AGM was held. There were some management changes. Before the AGM I had invited both Mr. Mootie ‘Giant’ Maharaj and Mr. Krishna Joe Nanan to join my team. I really thought that these gentlemen could bring value to the association because of their long association with motor sport. But in hind sight, it was a tremendous disaster.

Whilst Mr. Mootie Maharaj indicated from the inception that he had no knowledge with respect to Drag Racing, I told him that I was willing to teach him. I invited him on several occasions come to come to my home so that I can do so, but he never did.
However, before he spend some time and learn more about the sport, he aggressively began to insist that administrative changes be made with respect to Race Day operations.The system which were used to the issue of arm bands and the accountability thereof were absolutely transparent., but Mr. Mootie Maharaj insisted that change must be made. This resulted in Mr. Mootie Maharaj demonstrating ongoing hostility towards the Vice President, the Honorary Secretary and myself.

The other issue that followed was the open hostility by Scrutineer Seeram Bunseelal towards Drag Racers on Race Day. His attitude was described by drivers as hoggish and even insulting at times. Drivers vowed that they will not return to race with TTASA and will boycott all future events if these two ( Mr. Maharaj and Mr. Bunseelal) were not removed.

Following a decision at a Management Meeting, it was agreed that Mr. Bunseelal should be removed from scrutineering and that Mr. Ravi Rajpaul be appointed as Drags Coordinator.

This was indeed well received by the drivers as the two best events which TTASA held was with the absence of these troublesome two. November and December were the most successful events with December having broken the record of having the most driver participation in any one event of one hundred and nine (109) drivers.

Also I received constant complaints from entrants that Mr. Joe Nanan who was also on the competition committee was always under the influence of alcohol. This was another challenge which I had to deal with.

To compound it all, the Treasurer never produced any reports. He was always reminded verbally and was written to on one occasion.

As a result of the incompetence of the threesome above, the remaining four Management Committee Members, namely: Mr. Prem Badaloo, Mr. Donald Robertson, Mrs. Vera Ali and myself had to do work doubly hard to carry on TTASA’S business.
It is therefore no surprise that on December 12th 2012, all three members handed in their resignations. That is Mr. Mootie Maharaj, Mr. Imtaz Abdul and Mr. Joe Nanan. Was it that they could not work with me, or was it that they were incompetent.
There were also breaches of confidentiality on the part of Mr. Mootie Maharaj and Mr. Joe Nanan with respect to Management’s business. This was tested and proven.

Therefore, I had to keep many things close to my chest with respect to future developmental plans for TTASA for fear that any breaches could result in our detractors placing a ‘spoke’ in our wheel.

In addition, I was also under pressure from Mr. Selwyn Persad who wanted me to appoint him as the FIA Delegate. I could not because a majority decision was taken at the Management level that I should not do so, but instead, all Management Committee members should be given full exposure to the workings of the FIA and to attend conferences where possible so as to increase their knowledge for the benefit of TTASA. Mr Link Sampath and Mr. Prem Badaloo benefitted from this.

However, during my visit to Mexico in August. I made representation for Mr. Persad and asked Mr. Abed if there was any opportunity in any area for Mr. Persad to serve. I was informed that upon Mr. Persad’s departure in 2011, the Caribbean Directorship went to Mr. Mallalieu of Barbados.

However, Mr. Abed informed me that upon my written request he could possibly utilize Mr. Persad to assist him in certain areas.

But I hardly had time to attend to this, since my attention was always focused elsewhere, as controversial Mootie Maharaj and his group of merry men was always on my attack trying to destroy my hard work.
Our last monthly meeting on December 12th 2012 will always be remembered as the day when some power hungry members attempted to stage a palace coup. But they will soon realize that they were misled, because Mr. Mootie Giant Maharaj’s and his cohorts objective appeared to be ‘if you cannot get what you want, then destroy it.’
These disgusting members have tried to destroy me , but they have destroyed TTASA instead. I can proudly account for my stewardship as President since August 25th 2010, and together with a few committed management members , we focused on several goals and I am proud to report on some of my achievements:
1. Challenged the validity of the agreement which was signed by Nizam Mohammed to hand over the NSO status to MATT. We were successful and the NSO was subsequently changed to NGB.
2. Amended the Constitution within the first year.
3. Prepared a Business Plan for a Motor Sport Complex at Waterloo and submitted it to the Ministry of Sport within the first five (5) months in office.
4. The accounts of the Association for the period 2006 to 2010 was not done. This was commissioned, and financial discrepancies were revealed which resulted in disciplinary action taken against past presidents and treasurers.
5. Efforts were made and systems were put in place to ensure full transparency and accountability at all times.
6. Was successful in getting clubs to become affiliated to TTASA and the formation of a Motor Sport General Council.
7. Negotiated and got a Club House for TTASA, but this was short lived as there are pending legal matters with respect to the said property. This matter was pioneered by the past Vice President – Mr. Link Sampath.
8. We had no place to race., and I worked against all odds to secure the facility at Camden for motor sport.
9. I invited the Vice President of NACAM – Mr. Henry Krausz to come to Trinidad to lend support
to us as we were negotiating for another facility for motor sport.
10. Was successful in getting part funding from the FIA for the first time in history to train our drivers in various aspects of motor sport and motor sport safety. The Trainers were from CAMS and are known as the number one FIA Training Provider worldwide.
11. I negotiated to have a NACAM Rally Championship in Trinidad in November 2013. This will be the first time that such a Rally will be coming to the Caribbean.
12. I travelled to Colombia at my own expense to finalize arrangements with drivers who are expected to participate in the Rally Championship.
13. During my visit to Colombia in November 2012 with Mr. Ravi Rajpaul, initiated talks with the other countries to begin a NACAM Drag Racing Championship. This was well received and proposals were being drawn up by Mr. Rajpaul and myself for submission to NACAM.
14. On November 10th, conducted an aerial view of lands for motor sport development.
15. Secured sponsorship for the NACAM Rally for $1.5 million. However, this has now been withdrawn since my home was gunned down and the sponsors do not wish to have anything to do with TTASA.
16. Has been influential in increasing the membership of TTASA and the attendance at monthly meetings have increased from less than a quorum to an average of about forty two.
17. Have been successful in taking many drag racers off the streets to race in a safe and controlled environment.
18. Have instituted compulsory Drug Testing for drivers as per FIA Anti Doping Guidelines.
19. Have recommended one of our Trustees - Dr Linda Baboolal to be on the FIA World Anti Doping Committee. She has been accepted and is the only person in the Caribbean to hold such a position.
20. By appointing a Drag Co-ordinator and the removal of scrutineer – Mr. Seeram Bunseelal, the last two events for 2012 were the most successful with the higest number of entrants being one hundred and nine (109) in December 2012.
Well if this wasn’t a record performance, then I do not know what else. When I took office in August 25th 2010, I met a limping Association, almost on life support as monthly meetings could not even attract a quorum of twenty. Today we can boast of an average attendance at meetings of at least forty (40) members.

During the past two years and one half, I sacrificed family and self and worked tirelessly for the benefit of TTASA.
I have out performed many past presidents, yet today, there seem to be many dissatisfied members, and I have been accused of micro-managing. Yes, I already pleaded guilty to that for the reasons outlined.

For many members their concern is what TTASA could do for them. For others, they use TTASA for self – aggrandizement and for power to control, and try to foolishly mislead members into believing that they love motor sport.

Instead of asking what TTASA could do for you, they should ask themselves what can they do for TTASA, as many of them have done nothing, can do nothing but only create confusion.
I have given my best to TTASA. However, if that was not good enough, I humbly apologize. However, I am not perfect, and if I have offended anyone in the process, I deeply apologize.

When I joined the Association in 1970, the then TASC, it was a Flagship association, where every driver would like to be a proud member. But it is very sad to see that today TTASA’S own members have chosen to destroy the association thereby bringing it from a flagship association to much ridicule and condemnation thereby placing TTASA in the doghouse.

However, despite my many efforts, my time appears to have been wasted as members showed their appreciation by inciting, organizing or hired criminal elements to gun down my home on December 15th 2012.

If this is my reward, I say thank you very much. I wish you well. I have walked the talk and have fulfilled my responsibilities diligently. To those who are hungry for power I challenge you to do the same..

Therefore under the present circumstances, I hereby wish to tender my resignation as president of TTASA effective January 31st 2013.
After our last monthly meeting on December 12th 2012, a decision was taken by the remaining four members of the Management to resign forthwith, but due consideration was given to the fact that since the present audit of accounts will be completed by the end of January, I will prefer to hand over at that time.

Yours Sincerely
Mohammed Ali

Vera Ali's resignation as Honorary Secretary
December 19th 2012.
To : The Chairman of the Board of Trustees & The Membership
TTASA.

Dear Mr. Mangalsingh,

During the last three months, TTASA has been faced with many challenges, from both the membership and also from within the Management Committee, namely: the ex - Competition Chairman – Mr. Mootie Maharaj.

The dissatisfaction from the membership arose initially due to the lack of the presentation of the Financial Report/s by the then Treasurer – Mr. Imtaz Abdul at regular monthly meetings since August 2012, and they were quite right, since it is mandatory for the Treasurer to present his financial report at every monthly meeting.
Despite the fact that the Treasurer was reminded on several occasions of his responsibility to produce same, he failed to compile, saying that he did not have the time.

However, whilst an attempt was made by him to do so on one occasion after the sought the assistance of Mrs. Mootie Maharaj, the statements produced for the period July to September 2012 contained several errors, such as: the bank balance from June 2012 was not brought forward and the incomes for the month of July were not reflected, thereby projecting incorrect bank balances from July onwards.

You would recall that at a meeting on October 16th 2012 between the Management Committee and yourself, I drew the to all about the errors on the Treasurer’Report. I made some insertions in pen regarding the omissions, such as the bank balance for the previous period, and the deposits for the month of July.

You would also recall that I also asked the then Treasurer – Mr. Imtaz Abdul what was the bank balance at that time. In response, he said approximately $79,000.00 . I corrected him and informed all that I had called the bank that evening and I was informed that the bank balance was $92,396.54 which I inserted on the document and signed below having written on the document which was prepared by Mr. Imtaz Abdul and Mrs Mootie Maharaj. It was at this point that I gave copies of the said document (see copy attached – Doc #1) to all present.

The Treasurer was asked to correct and re-produce the document. Also, he was asked to redo the Statement of Account for Mr.Todt’s visit since all incomes for that event were also omitted.

This was never done, but instead, a copy of the erroneous Bank Balances Statement was given to Mr. Haresh Nanan who wasted no time and attacked the Management for perceived wrong doing. His attack was not on the Treasurer, but attacked the Honorary Secretary insinuating that the document was prepared by her since her signature was on it.

He further took issue with legitimate payments which were made by cheques and accused the Honorary Secretary of financial impropriety for one of the payments which was a re-imbursement cheque in the sum of $10,191.59 (see details attached - Doc #2) to the Honorary Secretary for general expenses incurred on behalf of TTASA over a period of six (6) months. You would also recall that I copied all the Trustees on this matter with full details of all expenses incurred since I always believe in transparency.

I wish to state emphatically that everything done by me was always above board. The cheque for re-imbursements to me was issued by the Treasurer upon presentation of my bills. In effect, it amounted to a loan from me to TTASA to run their affairs. Yet, I am being placed under the microscope for my own money. Further it has been the norm over the years, where Management officials were re-imbursed for expenses made on behalf of the association’s business from time to time.

During 2012, several payments by cheques were also made to other persons, such as : Mr. Mootie Maharaj - $10,000,00, Mr. Selwyn Persad - $20,000.00, Dr. Michael Baboolal - $10,000.00, Mr. Vishnu Mangalsingh - $3,339.29 and Mr. Imtaz Abdul - $9,364.39, all these were for either various services provided, re-imbursements for expenses incurred and for loans provided to TTASA.

Therefore, what made the payments to the above persons any different from my re-imbursement? Why was I targeted? Why did Mr. Mootie Maharaj, Haresh Nanan and company misled the membership into believing that there was financial impropriety with respect to my re-imbursement and asked them to sign a petition for the removal of the management committee.

If they are desperate to hold office and wished to remove the management, that’s their prerogative, but they should not include my name in their foolishness. I am a person of high integrity and will not engage in such matters as was done by some of the very persons in the past who are now making the most noise. I guess with their warp minds, they judge others like themselves.

On May 3rd 2012, I was also given a cheque for $5,774.33. This represented a re-imbursement to me for the hotel bills at the Hyatt (see details attached – Doc #3) which was paid by me (by Linx - $5,000.00 and Cash $774.33) for and on behalf of Mr. Henry Krausz’s who visited Trinidad in May upon our invitation. The Hyatt Regency Hotel refused to accept TTASA’S cheque, hence the reason why the bill was paid bt me and I was later re-imbursed.I guess that was also financial impropriety by Mr. Haresh Nanan’s standard and definition.
These illiterate and desperate members who have mobilized the membership into believing that I am guilty of impropriety, are guilty of public mischief and ‘acted in a manner which is detrimental to the best interest of the Association.,’ in which case Section 10 (d) vii of the Constitution should be invoked.

Therefore, Mr. Haresh Nanan’s inference of financial impropriety is totally out of order as far as my re-imbursement is concerned, or perhaps it may be a demonstration of his limited knowledge of the English language and the true meaning of financial impropriety.

Speaking of financial impropriety, I have attached a copy of a letter (see Doc #4) which was sent to the Honorary Secretary last year by Mr. Jagdeo Seecharan who was the Treasurer at that time, in which Mr. Haresh Nanan was identified for culpable behavior. The letter stated in part that Mr. Haresh Nanan brought a blank cheque for Mr. Seecharan to sign and also produced three scraps of paper as a financial statement for a Race Event. Perhaps Mr. Haresh Nanan should explain to the membership if the incidents referred to in the said letter should be classified as financial impropriety. The letter from Mr. Seecharan was read at the Monthly meeting of April 2012 at which meeting Mr. Nanan was also present but never denied the contents. Also, he should explain what lead to his resignation from the Nizam Mohammed’s administration. I wonder if it was financial impropriety?

One really wonders at the audacity of such a member to attack the Honorary Secretary who has done no wrong, whilst during his (Mr. Haresh Nanan’s) tenure as a management committee member in the past, he left many unanswered questions.

On the other hand, the ex-Competition Chairman - Mr. Mootie Maharaj have sown many seeds of discord. Some of which emanated after drag racers complained about the arrogance of Mr. Seeram Bunseelal during scrutineering prior to race events and the attitude of Mr. Mootie Maharaj towards them. Instead of Mr. Maharaj addressing the issue, he gave full support to Mr. Bunseelal whose attitude was described by Drag Racers as being hoggish and undesirable to say the least.
Mr. Maharaj had made insinuations that one of the letters which were signed by several drag racers were apparently tampered with by management member/s.
Although the authenticity of the letter was proven by the NARA, Mr. Maharaj remained adamant that it was otherwise.
His hostility towards the President, Vice President and the Honorary Secretary continued to grow thereafter and he became very confrontational.

This culminated in him taking the lead role and together with six (6) others, it is alleged that members were intimidated and were misled by these empty vessels to blindly sign a petition for the removal of the Management Committee. The petition was also signed by him and Mr. Joe Nanan.

By doing so, both Mr. Maharaj and Mr. Joe Nanan automatically removed themselves from the Management Committee, yet, they continued to call themselves Management Incidentally, the petition ended in the bin as it was addressed to no one. I guess it was a true demonstration of non-management qualities as they did not know how to address a letter, yet today they are aggressively seeking to hold office in TTASA again.

However, it was really an error in judgement when we invited both Mr. Mootie Maharaj and Mr. Joe Nanan to join the management., for we subsequently realized that they possessed absolutely no management skills or ability and as such brought nothing to the table; Instead they created confusion and mischief and played a pivotal role in attempting to destabilize TTASA.

Trustee. Mangalsingh, by all standards December’s monthly meeting were absolutely disastrous.
I could not believe that long standard Circuit Racing Members especially those from ‘the controversial seven’ would attack the work horses of TTASA, ie: the President, Vice President and the Honorary Secretary in the manner in which they did on baseless issues, such as:
1. The faulty Treasurer’s Report (which was the responsibility of the Treasurer), yet they chose to attack the Honorary Secretary and not the Treasurer.

2. Placing the Honorary Secretary under the ‘microscope’ for her own money which was literally loaned to TTASA for various expenses.

3. The issue regarding a ban for six (6) months on Mr. Aaron Dowridge who threaten to(quote) ‘dig out the eyes,’ (unquote) of the Race Director – Mr. Mohammed Ali. Mr. Dowridge subsequently apologized to the President and the ban was revoked.

4. Mr. Ruddy Beekee who condemned the Management for expelling members as though he was supportive of their wrong doing. This is absolutely incomprehensible, because upon the completion of the audited accounts for the respective years, several financial discrepancies were revealed. The Constitution was then invoked and errant members were disciplined by either expulsion or suspension.

For the purpose of edifying Mr. Beekee, I wish to refer him to ‘Proverbs 17:15 . Quote: ‘ He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord’ unquote. (NB: Abomination means - something shameful or intense dislike)

5. Several members condemned the President for the non-issuance of an FIA licence to Mr. Ryan Peyrau who did not qualify to be a holder of such a licence. The licence was not issued because he had no prior experience in circuit racing, yet requested a licence to race in a Group 4 class. They were further upset when an advisory letter (see copy of letter attached – Doc # 5) to Guyana to this effect, when in fact he (the President) acted in accordance with the dictates of the FIA Statutes and saw the need to protect the ASN.

6. Mr. John Powell calling the Honorary Secretary a liar when she said that Mr. Powell was copied with all emails which were sent to TTRC President - Mr. Barry Mc Kenzie regarding the FCB nomination papers. Mr. Powell denied that the email addresses to which I forwarded emails were not his. The Honorary Secretary was proven correct as was seen by emails (see copies attached – Doc #6) which were subsequently forwarded to the Trustees to prove her veracity. Once again Mr. John Powell had attempted to create mischief and confusion as he did at the last AGM when he stated that the president made racial remarks to him.

Trustee Mangalsingh, based on the manner in which the ‘controversial seven’ attacked the President and the Honorary Secretary on the above issues, it was clear to all and sundry that there was a well orchestrated plan to bring down the Management , as there was the obvious grab for power by several persons for absolute control of TTASA and the ASN.

It was observed by all who could see , that at the meeting, the ‘Director of Operations’ who sat the back, gave signals to certain persons as to when they should speak (as they apparently rehearsed their role and script) and the exact time when the resignations of the ‘insignificant three’ ( Mr. Mootie Maharaj and Company) should be handed in.

So what exactly was the motive? To bring down the Management or TTASA? There are a lot of under current that is going on and it is all about the thirst for POWER and who could bring back TTASA after it falls to prove ‘a’ point, perhaps a useless one too.

Big egos, selfishness, and of course the opportunity for the old brigade to once again fill their pockets. I make no apologies for this statement, based on evidence of wrong doing in the past by some of these men, as I now look on in awe at their tricks.

I have worked tirelessly for TTASA during the past two and a half years., and many nights retired to bed between 2.00am to 3.00am. The President and I have stood for nothing else but transparency. Together with the assistance of the past Vice President – Mr. Link Sampath, Vice President – Mr. Prem Badaloo , Members Representative – Mr. Donald Robertson we have moved TTASA a few notches upwards from the precipice in which we met it.

Amongst the four of us (ie the latter two, the president and myself), we possess combined management skills and qualifications such as: BSc in Economics, Diploma in Management Studies, Industrial Microbiologist & Food Technologist; Senior Management with thirty one years of technical experience in the oilfield related business with an International Company; Technical Inspector (NHRA) , Specialist in Machine Shop & Fabrication and over forty years of experience and training in various aspects of motor sport ; Management Studies, Industrial Engineering Techniques – Time and Motion Study (work factor related), Personal Relations, Industrial Relations and Insurance; which were all used where possible for the benefit of TTASA.

When the Management of the 2008-2010 under the Nizam Mohammed’s administration sold out TTASA’s birthright to an association called MATT and handed over the NSO status to them, we fought tooth and nail to have that agreement rescinded and it was eventually thrown out, and today TTASA is known as the National Governing Body (NGB) for motor sport. But with the display of such level of immaturity and incompetence by these jokers, I really wonder what message have they sent to the public at large regarding TTASA as the National Governing Body.

Also, when there was no place to race, the President sacrificed almost an entire year of his personal time running up and down to get a temporary facility for motor sport. When the Land Management sent the document regarding the 65 acres of land which has been allocated for motor sport, to the Ministry of Sport for endorsement and the Minister of Sport refused to endorse it; it was the president and vice-president who put their shoulders to the wheel in search of alternatives. As a result of their hard work, in 2013 TTASA would have been the beneficiary of a great facility, but that will now be no more, for the members have spoken.

Since ignorance, stupidity and greed for power has set in, and we have witnessed long standing circuit racers mischievously spreading falsehood and causing the membership to blindly follow them, the result is now likened to the case of the Pied Piper of Hamlin Town (those who went to school may remember the story).

Following the controversial monthly meeting on December 12th 2012, , on Saturday December 15th at 4.20am, our home was gunned down, causing damages to several parts of the building. Nine bullets were found by the investigating officers. I always thought that we were involved in motor sport, but I was mistaken, I know differently now, it is not motor sport, apparently it is war.

It is apparent, that the POWER that be, wants us out at all cost, so that they could take control.The sad truth is that they are not even management material and could do nothing as office holders. Their very personality is likely to dring down TTASA completely.
Therefore, my conclusion is that they wanted to destabilize the association, for their selfish gain. I guess in due course everything will come to light. I hope these empty vessels will be able to live with their consciences as TTASA has now fallen into abyss or a bottomless pit.

Trustee Mangalsingh you will recall that on October 16th I gave you an inventory of TTASA’S Assets and I was ready to walk, as I had no time to waste with controversial Mootie Maharaj who wanted seventy arm bands without an explanation, questioning my re-imbursement, accusing management members of inserting his alias name ‘Giant’ on a letter received from NARA , although NARA stated that the letter was indeed authentic, he insisted that the letter was tampered with; and whole-heartedly supported Mr. Seeram Bunseelal despite several complaints received by drivers of his hoggish attitude.

It was upon your request for me to stay on on behalf of the Trustees that I acceded.
However, I must admit, that I am totally disgusted and sick by the behavior of these members and worst still the apparent presence of criminal elements in the association, as it is no coincidence that after the blistering attack ( on baseless issues) on the Management by these empty vessels on December 12th 2012 that our home was gunned down on December 15th 2012.

I have given this matter serious thought, and my conclusion is that, I have wasted a tremendous amount of my precious time in TTASA for there is no appreciation for hard work, but only condemnation by those who can do nothing but create mischief.

In view of the foregoing , I wish to tender my resignation as the Honorary Secretary of TTASA with effect from January 31st 2013. I also wish to resign as an Honorary Member of TTASA, as I no longer wish to be any part of this association as it is below my dignity to be associated with, or even watch those members who are tacitly deceptive, treacherous, conniving, cantankerous and will stop at nothing to gain power and satisfy their egos.
They truly lack vision and are completely self-centered and seem to forget that they should be focusing on the development of motor sport and not promoting themselves as the gods of motor sport.

It is indeed sad that all our plans for development works for TTASA for 2013 and beyond will now have to go to waste. $1.5 million dollars in sponsorship for 2013 will be no more, as the sponsors have now withdrawn their sponsorships after our home was gunned down.
Therefore there will be no benefits for these undeserving members who have condemned us after we have worked assiduously for their cause.

Even worst still, with all this TTASA bachannal which has been caused by the reckless few, sponsors have already indicated to some Drag Racers that they do not wish to be a sponsor or be part of anything to do with TTASA. It is appears that the name TTASA is now taboo. Thanks to the designers of TTASA’S demise.

However, my reasons for staying until to the end of January is because of the following:
1. With respect to the FIA Funding for Training this year, there are some follow up work with respect to the final report which needs my input so that TTASA will be able to access the second and third tranches of the Funding. This money needs to go directly to CAMS since they are owed 51,838 Euros. I shall forward to you under separate cover details of the Proposal, Funding and the CAMS Agreement.

2. Secondly, the Audited Accounts is expected to be completed by Bob Gopee & Associates by the end of January and I would like to hand over all assets in tact as per the Audit by January 31st 2013.
Mr. Chairman, before concluding, I wish to make a special plea to you, to kindly educate these illiterates letting them know what is the meaning of financial impropriety and also re-imbursement.
I would like my name to be cleared from the mischief that has been created whereby they referred to re-imbursement as financial impropriety. My character was not purchased over the parts counter, I earned it. Therefore I denounce all the mischief makers.
Also beware, should they ever be allowed to hold office in TTASA, may God help you all.
In conclusion, to those who have worked overtime trying to destroy us, I shall now leave this thought for them to ponder upon:
Proverbs 10:28
Quote “ The hope of the righteous is gladness, but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.” Unquote.

Yours Sincerely,

Vera Ali
Cc: All Trustees
The Membership

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 3rd, 2013, 6:45 pm

^^ aks she how much she fone bill used to be and where the money came from.

ey, ey, look 'he who's name shall not be spoken' get a big-up...

*steups, empty vessels...*

goodear
Street 2NR

Postby goodear » February 3rd, 2013, 8:50 pm

Sorry for peeping but ammmm..............

So they asked FIA for money to host a seminar, got the money, and then couldn't pay the bill? Ammm That not presidential or vice presidential, but rather dumb and ignorant, so who paying CAMS off then? Am I missing something?
So you resign and didn't make arrangement to pay off the bill and stick the club with a bill that you organise? Sounds like you ran to the hills to avoid dealing with it . So you leave the club in debt, nice.
And to link ' effective January 31st ' means that at 12.00.01am on the 31st you out, not feb 01. So if you have a meeting 30th January at 10.00pm , then you have 2 hours before you get your scrunt throw out for trespassing.

The plot thickens, discuss..............

Yorkshirelass
CARS Member

Postby Yorkshirelass » February 3rd, 2013, 10:09 pm

It's a pity that as part of what the four remaining TTASA execs had for qualifications - grammar wasn't one of them!

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » February 4th, 2013, 8:44 am

WHAT A MESS !!!

I hope TTUNDRA, HORIZON, and NRA, read and understand that this is what you assign yourself too, because I want to race, can we in all honestly call this mess progress. Now you have your own experience of TTASA with the bleeding pain of WHY the other prominent racing associations were apprehensive to dive in.

As I said before most of TTASA's long standing members are cut from the same cloth and not trustworthy even to each other. This cultural attitude of this sport is mine and get rich from it has to stop and stop now. It can't get any lower than it is now, lets hope some new light can shine with new people, good luck ??

dread_2002
Sweet on this forum

Postby dread_2002 » February 4th, 2013, 10:18 am

link do you read the ttasa constitution everyday? u quote it like its yr bible .
but u need to calm down sometimes
yr version of constructive criticism just sounds like a lot of ranting about section 33 verse 2 etc etc etc. if yr against what is going on in Motorsport now then thats ok... we all are..
but please stop defending the past and look forward to the future.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » February 4th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I had meant to post these up earlier for public knowledge

Vera Ali's resignation as Honorary Secretary
December 19th 2012.
To : The Chairman of the Board of Trustees & The Membership
TTASA.

Dear Mr. Mangalsingh,

.....................................................................................

Also, when there was no place to race, the President sacrificed almost an entire year of his personal time running up and down to get a temporary facility for motor sport. When the Land Management sent the document regarding the 65 acres of land which has been allocated for motor sport, to the Ministry of Sport for endorsement and the Minister of Sport refused to endorse it; it was the president and vice-president who put their shoulders to the wheel in search of alternatives. As a result of their hard work, in 2013 TTASA would have been the beneficiary of a great facility, but that will now be no more, for the members have spoken.

.....................................................................................

It is indeed sad that all our plans for development works for TTASA for 2013 and beyond will now have to go to waste. $1.5 million dollars in sponsorship for 2013 will be no more, as the sponsors have now withdrawn their sponsorships after our home was gunned down.
Therefore there will be no benefits for these undeserving members who have condemned us after we have worked assiduously for their cause.

Yours Sincerely,

Vera Ali
Cc: All Trustees
The Membership

I have doubts as to the validity of those statements.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » February 4th, 2013, 12:58 pm

while over at autosport work continues on expansion of the arc
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » February 4th, 2013, 5:27 pm

^^Now yuh talking about a group that WANTS a future for motorsports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Always had the best since days of wallerfield and still from what i see and hear, most fun events to attend

rcadiz
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rcadiz » February 5th, 2013, 12:44 am

This just in - TTRC executive in turmoil.........vice president disagrees with president over lunch menu at weekly meeting. Power struggle continues. Lawsuits imminent. Tip money missing! Constitution calls for stew chicken, members demand curry goat.

So just so we all know while the fighting continues Sports News topics covered tonight:
- Football - Jones and Edwards return to the National Squad
- Football - Bribery scandal rocks Europe - over 15 countries involved
- NFL - 49's lose in New Orleans as lights go out for 30min in Superbowl XXXXVVVIIIIIVVXXXX
- Cricket - Women's national championship features 12 teams for 2013, T&T squad has a future
- Boxing - Woodbrook youth center hosts amateur women and men in regional tournament
- Motorsport - Moto-what? and we take a commercial break we'll be right back with the weather

Wise up tuners its 2013 and we are still arguing about TTASA politics on tuner.... hope this thread dies soon and we can move on with the 2013 Championship Seasons of Rally, Karting, Dex, DWO, D&W, etc....Drag/Circuit Racers you will be in my prayers for a solution. Are you all not tired of listening to the ex-exec talk about who did what to who and how and when and where and how much and etc etc etc...

So if anyone on this thread cares to actually go to a motorsport event rather instead of trying to beating this topic to a frazzle - Rally Trinidad 2013 - March 22-24.............message Duane for the rest of the 2013 motorsport events calendar. Have a safe Carnival people.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 5th, 2013, 8:59 am

let's move on

point taken. onwards and upwards.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » February 10th, 2013, 12:06 am

well...look at this , now...!!!
today's glimpse of the FIA website (ASN Trinidad) :

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE SPORTS ASSOCIATION (TTASA)
SPORT
Tragarete Road
-
ST JAMES
Trinidad and Tobago
Tel:
(+1 868) 766 97 18
Fax:
(+1 868) 222 79 58
Web:
http://www.ttasa.com
President:
TBA

and still no explanation from Trustee Chairman Vishnu Mangalsingh as to how his name got listed on said website as 'president' in the first place....... :shock:
(except his telephone threat to yours truly that he will sue me for libel...because he has his qc)
lots of pertinent questions to throw out at the statutory monthly meeting of 13th February, 2013
rgds
curiouser & curiouser

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 10th, 2013, 12:29 am

link wrote:well...look at this , now...!!!

SPORT
Tragarete Road
-
ST JAMES
Trinidad and Tobago
Tel:
(+1 868) 766 97 18
Fax:
(+1 868) 222 79 58
Web:
President:
TBA

and still no explanation from Trustee Chairman Vishnu Mangalsingh as to how his name got listed on said website as 'president' in the first place....... :shock:
(except his telephone threat to yours truly that he will sue me for libel...because he has his qc)
lots of pertinent questions to throw out at the statutory monthly meeting of 13th February, 2013
rgds
curiouser & curiouser

Might be a moot point since it is now corrected on the FIA website - I think everyone is waiting patiently to see what happens at the monthly meeting on Ash Wednesday

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 10th, 2013, 1:51 am

link wrote:(except his telephone threat to yours truly that he will sue me for libel...because he has his qc)

ImageImage[/img]

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » February 10th, 2013, 8:11 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

SPORT
Tragarete Road
-
ST JAMES
Trinidad and Tobago
Tel:
(+1 868) 766 97 18
Fax:
(+1 868) 222 79 58
Web:
President:
TBA

rgds
curiouser & curiouser

Might be a moot point since it is now corrected on the FIA website - I think everyone is waiting patiently to see what happens at the monthly meeting on Ash Wednesday

I agree....the democracy of the entire Association is at stake..what with the Trustee Chairman insisting on an illegal course of action which is in direct contravention of the TTASA Constitution.
The first question I will be asking is 'Why didn't the Trustee Chairman invoke section 11 of the Constitution back in December 2012 when it was IMMEDIATELY OBVIOUS that the management has collapsed ?'
one of the other questions that will be asked is 'WHO GAVE THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES AUTHORITY TO WRITE FIA, MAKING APPOINTMENTS, ETC ?'
Legally, everything the Board of Trustees has done after December 2012 is illegal & ultra vires the mandate of the Constitution.
BTW....I understand that the delegate so-called 'appointment' has also been revoked, pending PROPER ELECTION OF AN ASN PRESIDENT & MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE WHICH, SOLELY, HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE SUCH APPOINTMENTS. :idea:
C'mon Vishnu Mangalsingh..stop blowing smoke up everyone's collective behinds..... DO THE PROPER, CORRECT DEMOCRATIC, ETHICAL & MORAL THING....FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION, ENSURE THE CONVENING OF A SGM & GET A PROPER, DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED MANAGEMENT IN PLACE :idea: ...DON'T LOOK FOR MISSING OR AMBIGUOUS WORDS TO TWIST INTO A LOOPHOLE....that same Constitution you waved in my face -in front of all membership present- last year when I filed a no-confidence motion...it's that same Constitution you claimed MUST BE FOLLOWED THEN....yet you are now blatantly breaking the Constitution by outrightly refusing to follow the document mandate.
....but then again....YOU ARE THE RETURNING OFFICER OF THE JULY 2012 AGM WHO SAID 'IF YOU GO TO FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION TO THE LETTER, YOU CYAR GET ANYTHING DONE.' :idea:
This is convenient interpretation of the Constitution and everyone who accedes to this is just as guilty of contravention of the Association's rules & regulations as the Board of Trustees is by its deliberate refusal to observe section 11:2(f).
Here is a SIMPLE, LEGAL definition of a 'trustee' :

An individual or corporation named by an individual, who sets aside property to be used for the benefit of another person, to manage the property as provided by the terms of the document that created the arrangement.

and that document ????...the Constitution.... :idea:
rgds

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 10th, 2013, 3:40 pm

link wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

SPORT
Tragarete Road
-
ST JAMES
Trinidad and Tobago
Tel:
(+1 868) 766 97 18
Fax:
(+1 868) 222 79 58
Web:
President:
TBA

rgds
curiouser & curiouser

I agree....the democracy of the entire Association is at stake..what with the Trustee Chairman insisting on an illegal course of action which is in direct contravention of the TTASA Constitution.
The first question I will be asking is 'Why didn't the Trustee Chairman invoke section 11 of the Constitution back in December 2012 when it was IMMEDIATELY OBVIOUS that the management has collapsed ?'
one of the other questions that will be asked is 'WHO GAVE THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES AUTHORITY TO WRITE FIA, MAKING APPOINTMENTS, ETC ?'
Legally, everything the Board of Trustees has done after December 2012 is illegal & ultra vires the mandate of the Constitution.
BTW....I understand that the delegate so-called 'appointment' has also been revoked, pending PROPER ELECTION OF AN ASN PRESIDENT & MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE WHICH, SOLELY, HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE SUCH APPOINTMENTS. :idea:
C'mon Vishnu Mangalsingh..stop blowing smoke up everyone's collective behinds..... DO THE PROPER, CORRECT DEMOCRATIC, ETHICAL & MORAL THING....FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION, ENSURE THE CONVENING OF A SGM & GET A PROPER, DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED MANAGEMENT IN PLACE :idea: ...DON'T LOOK FOR MISSING OR AMBIGUOUS WORDS TO TWIST INTO A LOOPHOLE....that same Constitution you waved in my face -in front of all membership present- last year when I filed a no-confidence motion...it's that same Constitution you claimed MUST BE FOLLOWED THEN....yet you are now blatantly breaking the Constitution by outrightly refusing to follow the document mandate.
....but then again....YOU ARE THE RETURNING OFFICER OF THE JULY 2012 AGM WHO SAID 'IF YOU GO TO FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION TO THE LETTER, YOU CYAR GET ANYTHING DONE.' :idea:
This is convenient interpretation of the Constitution and everyone who accedes to this is just as guilty of contravention of the Association's rules & regulations as the Board of Trustees is by its deliberate refusal to observe section 11:2(f).
Here is a SIMPLE, LEGAL definition of a 'trustee' :

An individual or corporation named by an individual, who sets aside property to be used for the benefit of another person, to manage the property as provided by the terms of the document that created the arrangement.

and that document ????...the Constitution.... :idea:
rgds
Link, it seems like you need to walk with your own QC on Wednesday!

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » February 10th, 2013, 5:58 pm

look so
cuz he is saying that a "trustee" is breaking the rules of the association

or is it these rules just need to be tossed as well as ttasa disbanded and a new modern day set of guidlines be drawn up

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » February 10th, 2013, 6:09 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
link wrote:(except his telephone threat to yours truly that he will sue me for libel...because he has his qc)

ImageImage[/img]

Wagonrunner all this missing is this signature:
Link at his best “Legally, everything the Board of Trustees has done after December 2012 is illegal & ultra vires the mandate of the Constitution.”

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » February 10th, 2013, 7:09 pm

SR wrote:look so
cuz he is saying that a "trustee" is breaking the rules of the association

or is it these rules just need to be tossed as well as ttasa disbanded and a new modern day set of guidlines be drawn up

i wish upon a star :cry:

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » February 10th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Link have you talked to the Various Groups yet? Have you joined any Motorsport Group Yet ? Are you in a Group ? Who have you discussed your ideas with?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » February 10th, 2013, 7:37 pm

THE_FUGITIVES wrote:Link have you talked to the Various Groups yet? Have you joined any Motorsport Group Yet ? Are you in a Group ? Who have you discussed your ideas with?

Pray tell 'the fugitives'...why must I join another 'group' when i am a bona fide member of TTASA who is trying to preserve democracy in motor sport...???
the same democracy EVERYONE is clamoring for, but not [really] committed to ... :idea:
hard facts here, boi...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”