TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

is sbt japan and authentic site?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

prepaid
Riding on 13's
Posts: 7
Joined: December 28th, 2011, 8:04 am

is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby prepaid » January 16th, 2013, 11:29 pm

can anyone tell me the procedure in purchasing a RORO vehicle myself and if so which company from japan is legit. Is SBT Japan and authentic site

Advertisement
RAJIE
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 369
Joined: January 17th, 2011, 1:06 am

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby RAJIE » January 17th, 2013, 12:23 am

site is legit
dad brought down a y12 wingroad from them about a couple months ago.. car conditions was exactly as seen in the pics provided so yeah

as for the procedure i could find out from my dad

GTT
Riding on 13's
Posts: 7
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby GTT » January 18th, 2013, 3:29 pm

interested in the procedure as well, pls pm me details when u find out. thks

User avatar
brakefluid
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 225
Joined: May 25th, 2008, 8:29 am

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby brakefluid » January 19th, 2013, 10:23 am

yeah they are legit. brought down a vehicle fro them tooo

1. you have to pay cash via wire transfer, they will give you all the bank info to a US account
2. request a reserve for the US at the bank
3 wait for dhl package with original invoice, bill of lading (2), japan cert copy, english cert copy, cert of deregistration
4. verify age of vehicle and fuel type (actually to be done first) then head to ministry of trade bldg by maritime roundabout across from the gas station. park by the gas station and ask the pump attendant fr direction
5. Get your import license, owner has to go in person
6. get a broker, preferably one that has d plates
7. when it reaches the port they call, also the broker can handle all of this and clear the car out of the port, you have to get it home on d plates or wrecker
8. if you driving it, walk with a battery and gas
9. next step is to head to VMcott to inspect tyres then license office for registration
10. I got a broker and someone a licensing to assist if you want

chris12
Riding on 13's
Posts: 6
Joined: June 13th, 2010, 2:36 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby chris12 » January 19th, 2013, 3:29 pm

what are the costs exclusive of the car?

User avatar
SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1457
Joined: February 18th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby SNIPER 3000 » January 19th, 2013, 10:11 pm

..................

badandy
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 177
Joined: July 8th, 2006, 1:01 am

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby badandy » January 19th, 2013, 10:28 pm

hold up there fella....
just like everything there is the bad.

a real good friend of mine got screwed from them.
he specifically requested a car with low mileage and good condition not so much the features.

the three pics he saw looked decent.
liasied with a sbt salesman[usman] who also said it was a good vehicle.

guy made wire transfer directly to sbt cause he brought it in himself.
later the export certificate came with high mileage, and the salesman, usman, said nah...that`s normal to avoid taxes in japan....but the mileage low..

when car reach, well that`s when the mark buss.
rusting underneath, indication of high mileage, damage to vehicle which were present but the camera angle in the three pics obviously didnt show...

in other words....do not buy individually from them and the salesman usman.
buy from a legit company..so if there are damages the company will have to fix it for you.

hoss save yourself the hassle and buy from a reputable dealer, do not bring it in yourself from sbt...
they are a bunch of thief and smartmen...

hope this helps...

User avatar
Dis
Street 2NR
Posts: 31
Joined: January 18th, 2007, 9:30 pm
Location: SOUTH

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby Dis » January 20th, 2013, 12:15 pm

.....................
Last edited by Dis on June 21st, 2014, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brakefluid
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 225
Joined: May 25th, 2008, 8:29 am

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby brakefluid » January 20th, 2013, 8:59 pm

badandy wrote:hold up there fella....
just like everything there is the bad.

a real good friend of mine got screwed from them.
he specifically requested a car with low mileage and good condition not so much the features.

the three pics he saw looked decent.
liasied with a sbt salesman[usman] who also said it was a good vehicle.

guy made wire transfer directly to sbt cause he brought it in himself.
later the export certificate came with high mileage, and the salesman, usman, said nah...that`s normal to avoid taxes in japan....but the mileage low..

when car reach, well that`s when the mark buss.
rusting underneath, indication of high mileage, damage to vehicle which were present but the camera angle in the three pics obviously didnt show...

in other words....do not buy individually from them and the salesman usman.
buy from a legit company..so if there are damages the company will have to fix it for you.

hoss save yourself the hassle and buy from a reputable dealer, do not bring it in yourself from sbt...
they are a bunch of thief and smartmen...

hope this helps...


agreed

the vehicle i bought was dented up o all four corners, the panel was damaged, and paint was scratched up all over. the idle was high and had to tune it. vehicle was very rusty underneath and filthy filthy filthy. when i was at the port i saw a lot of vehicles from them and all were the same.

you have to remember that some dealers bring down vehicles in worse condition and restore it before selling it.

I painted the bumpers and panel, buffed and a real good clean out and made myself satisfied in the fact that i saved about $50,000.00

I complained to SBT and emailed pics from a different angle picking up the dents and scratches, they said to keep the bills and they would give me a discount on the next purchase (yeah rite).

I brought in 3 vehicles in prior years from various dealers and i could have mistook it for brand new.



If i had to do it again yeah i would but with plenty more pics and a cheaper price (even though the price was good)

RAJIE
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 369
Joined: January 17th, 2011, 1:06 am

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby RAJIE » January 21st, 2013, 12:35 am

brakefluid wrote:yeah they are legit. brought down a vehicle fro them tooo

1. you have to pay cash via wire transfer, they will give you all the bank info to a US account
2. request a reserve for the US at the bank
3 wait for dhl package with original invoice, bill of lading (2), japan cert copy, english cert copy, cert of deregistration
4. verify age of vehicle and fuel type (actually to be done first) then head to ministry of trade bldg by maritime roundabout across from the gas station. park by the gas station and ask the pump attendant fr direction
5. Get your import license, owner has to go in person
6. get a broker, preferably one that has d plates
7. when it reaches the port they call, also the broker can handle all of this and clear the car out of the port, you have to get it home on d plates or wrecker
8. if you driving it, walk with a battery and gas
9. next step is to head to VMcott to inspect tyres then license office for registration
10. I got a broker and someone a licensing to assist if you want


x2

well from my dad experience the car was exactly as seen in pics...

User avatar
andy111
Street 2NR
Posts: 63
Joined: August 11th, 2009, 6:54 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby andy111 » January 21st, 2013, 7:03 am

so if i want 2 bring in a vehicle value 12000 us and 2000us shipping what would be the average cost to get it license when it reach the port say the vehicle is a 2008 legacy

User avatar
forgeniebob
Ricer
Posts: 28
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:14 pm
Location: arima
Contact:

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby forgeniebob » January 21st, 2013, 7:09 am

do not buy from them

pcf3824
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: February 2nd, 2008, 12:15 pm
Location: sfdo

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby pcf3824 » January 30th, 2013, 1:45 pm

Yea Sbt japan is a ligit site.

bluestarz9
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 708
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 8:27 am

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby bluestarz9 » January 30th, 2013, 4:49 pm

andy111 wrote:so if i want 2 bring in a vehicle value 12000 us and 2000us shipping what would be the average cost to get it license when it reach the port say the vehicle is a 2008 legacy


around 166K then u got to pay broker fees, and get the tires checked docs and license fee.

User avatar
ck4star
Street 2NR
Posts: 33
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 4:11 am
Location: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby ck4star » January 30th, 2013, 5:09 pm

bluestarz9 wrote:
andy111 wrote:so if i want 2 bring in a vehicle value 12000 us and 2000us shipping what would be the average cost to get it license when it reach the port say the vehicle is a 2008 legacy


around 166K then u got to pay broker fees, and get the tires checked docs and license fee.

thats a wrong price quote bro, btw sbt are really good dealers, they have quality vehicles at really good prices.

User avatar
brakefluid
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 225
Joined: May 25th, 2008, 8:29 am

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby brakefluid » February 1st, 2013, 8:58 am

ck4star wrote:
bluestarz9 wrote:
andy111 wrote:so if i want 2 bring in a vehicle value 12000 us and 2000us shipping what would be the average cost to get it license when it reach the port say the vehicle is a 2008 legacy


around 166K then u got to pay broker fees, and get the tires checked docs and license fee.

thats a wrong price quote bro, btw sbt are really good dealers, they have quality vehicles at really good prices.



you might want to reword- the vehicle that you bought from them was quality. That doesnt mean that every customer experienced the same. As far as the prices go, they are normal. By bringing it down yourself you cutting the middle man mark up and that's how you save. You dont save from their prices bud

User avatar
star scream
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 148
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 12:29 pm
Location: Hangin with jake

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby star scream » February 3rd, 2013, 10:02 pm

is it possible to import a diesel pickup from the UK, and whats the procedure, really need to find out about this.

User avatar
Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7224
Joined: December 18th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby Rooki3 » February 4th, 2013, 7:35 pm

its legit, but u guys cant fault them, they dont provide an inspection certificate like other sites

prepaid
Riding on 13's
Posts: 7
Joined: December 28th, 2011, 8:04 am

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby prepaid » April 6th, 2013, 10:10 pm

where can i get a reasonable priced broker

User avatar
Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7224
Joined: December 18th, 2008, 10:52 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby Rooki3 » April 6th, 2013, 10:31 pm

transbrokerage

User avatar
3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9621
Joined: July 12th, 2006, 1:57 pm
Location: killing two stones with one bird...
Contact:

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby 3stagevtec » April 7th, 2013, 10:31 pm

brakefluid wrote:yeah they are legit. brought down a vehicle fro them tooo

1. you have to pay cash via wire transfer, they will give you all the bank info to a US account
2. request a reserve for the US at the bank
3 wait for dhl package with original invoice, bill of lading (2), japan cert copy, english cert copy, cert of deregistration
4. verify age of vehicle and fuel type (actually to be done first) then head to ministry of trade bldg by maritime roundabout across from the gas station. park by the gas station and ask the pump attendant fr direction
5. Get your import license, owner has to go in person
6. get a broker, preferably one that has d plates
7. when it reaches the port they call, also the broker can handle all of this and clear the car out of the port, you have to get it home on d plates or wrecker
8. if you driving it, walk with a battery and gas
9. next step is to head to VMcott to inspect tyres then license office for registration
10. I got a broker and someone a licensing to assist if you want


Do not park your vehicle on the street to the right (when facing the building) of this building. There is a history of break ins there, the police are aware of it, but as always, nothing is being done.

They broke into my Vitara and was able to get the front door fully open, but luckily for me, residents in the area ran the thieves away before they got a chance to take anything. My alarm is what alerted the residents to the break in..

I also brought down a car through SBT and it came as described.

User avatar
Veritrini
Street 2NR
Posts: 85
Joined: November 14th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby Veritrini » April 9th, 2013, 9:23 pm

SBT are legit....

Some persons try to go cheap. They order high mileage cars and the company rolls the mileage back before the vehiicle is shipped.

Stick to genuinely low mileage vehicles. Grade 4 and up. interior B....

You would be satisfied !!!

bee_z
Ricer
Posts: 25
Joined: March 16th, 2009, 10:42 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby bee_z » June 10th, 2013, 8:08 pm

i find most of SBT cars mileage real high.most over 120,000km.anyone know any genuine low mileage japanese sites?

slackseed
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: June 11th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby slackseed » June 11th, 2013, 2:14 pm

LIKE IT OR NOT THE # 1 FACTOR IS THE CAR IS A USED CAR , I DID DEAL WITH SBT IN 2005 , WAS NOT TOO PLEASED WITH WHAT THE SENT ME THE PICS WAS NOT VERY accurate



i found another site sayuri and feb of this year i bought a vehicle and was very pleased , only thing was the clearing from the port had a time delay other than that , it was a good service , all cars if not most has their milage re-veresed ask any legit dealer

User avatar
forgeniebob
Ricer
Posts: 28
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:14 pm
Location: arima
Contact:

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby forgeniebob » June 17th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Sbt trading do not hounr claims if the vehicle came defective.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using TriniTuner mobile app

User avatar
UK Premium Imports
Street 2NR
Posts: 63
Joined: May 5th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby UK Premium Imports » July 21st, 2013, 1:03 am

bluestarz9 wrote:
andy111 wrote:so if i want 2 bring in a vehicle value 12000 us and 2000us shipping what would be the average cost to get it license when it reach the port say the vehicle is a 2008 legacy


around 166K then u got to pay broker fees, and get the tires checked docs and license fee.



Same exact quoted price they gave me.

User avatar
mad
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 212
Joined: October 19th, 2006, 8:55 pm
Location: Global

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby mad » August 1st, 2013, 7:21 am

Veritrini wrote:SBT are legit....

Some persons try to go cheap. They order high mileage cars and the company rolls the mileage back before the vehiicle is shipped.

Stick to genuinely low mileage vehicles. Grade 4 and up. interior B....

You would be satisfied !!!



Very true.
It also have people in trinidad buying from SBT and selling in it in Trinidad and also rolling back the mileage.
Check out the two site links below.

http://www.trinicarsforsale.com/database/featuredcarsDetails.php?37754-31412#topofpage
http://www.sbtjapan.com/catalog/negotiate_now/348080

Same car different mileage. People really boldface yes.
You will see how much they will turn down the mileage

User avatar
hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7702
Joined: February 1st, 2007, 1:55 pm
Location: waiting....

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby hustla_ambition101 » August 1st, 2013, 7:32 am

every body want to turn RORO dealer, beware of those low priced importers

bluestarz9
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 708
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 8:27 am

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby bluestarz9 » August 1st, 2013, 1:50 pm

ck4star wrote:
bluestarz9 wrote:
andy111 wrote:so if i want 2 bring in a vehicle value 12000 us and 2000us shipping what would be the average cost to get it license when it reach the port say the vehicle is a 2008 legacy


around 166K then u got to pay broker fees, and get the tires checked docs and license fee.

thats a wrong price quote bro, btw sbt are really good dealers, they have quality vehicles at really good prices.

really, u willing to bet on that. 166K will be very close to CIF price inclusive of trinidad duties to put this thing on the road.
14000USD CIF + ALL T&T duties = very close to 166K (once vehicle is 1990- 1999cc which it is)

User avatar
UK Premium Imports
Street 2NR
Posts: 63
Joined: May 5th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Re: is sbt japan and authentic site?

Postby UK Premium Imports » August 2nd, 2013, 5:55 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:every body want to turn RORO dealer, beware of those low priced importers




So if i bring in my own electronics through my skybox it's fine but if i attempt to bring in my own car i'm a RORO dealer? :|

Every person is allowed one imported vehicle every couple of years btw.....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 61 guests