TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Is your DENTIST registered ????? ... Full list here ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Is your DENTIST registered ????? ... Full list here ...

Postby Hook » January 22nd, 2013, 9:19 pm

:lol:

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » January 22nd, 2013, 10:01 pm

ABA Trading LTD wrote:you yearn for privacy yet you make a thread about dentists..claim not to be a dentist in it..have a obvious dental profession related avatar...admit to being a dentist in another thread....

you from tobago ent?

hahaahhahah .... man get vex yes ... ok i think i should admit being a dentist before this man hit meh ah hard slap thru de computer ... :mrgreen:

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » January 22nd, 2013, 10:31 pm

ABA Trading LTD wrote:What kind of dentist is ashamed of saying he's a dentist. Did you botch someones root canal Fayyad?

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » January 22nd, 2013, 11:32 pm

^^^^ yuh like the pearly whites eh that is what the pliers, drill and automotive filler can do :|

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » January 22nd, 2013, 11:34 pm

finished with mothers carnauba wax?

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » January 23rd, 2013, 12:33 am

Hook wrote:
fokhan_96 wrote:
ABA Trading LTD wrote:One thread the op talks about being a dentist then now he claims he's not a dentist. Quite interesting.

i never claim to not being a dentist ... i just never admitted nor denied it ...

Subject: Doctor vs Engineer

fokhan_96 wrote:
geodude wrote:dentist for the win,
i have friends with less than one year out of dental school and making 30k per month and thats with an average or 3-4 patients per day plus if you work in a private practice you get almost normal office work hrs,
less demanding and less stressful than working in a hospital
dentist are very much in demand constantly.

would really like to meet your dentists friends, i am a dentist with less than one year experience and i make nothing as much as that ... dont mislead the man ... dentistry is just stress and paying bills ...

lmao...oh the stories that could be told... :lol:

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » January 23rd, 2013, 12:44 am

Fokhan, i have this tooth with a cavity.

it is the upper second molar. I had it since i was a kid, and i have a filling in it now.
Aint that tooth supposed to drop out long time and a new one replace it?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » January 23rd, 2013, 8:04 am

DFC wrote:Fokhan, i have this tooth with a cavity.

it is the upper second molar. I had it since i was a kid, and i have a filling in it now.

"upper second molar"??? ... it depends if it's your upper second primary molar or upper second permanent molar. A second primary molar usually exfoliates by 12 years of age. This tooth would be replaced by the upper second permanent premolar. This picture shows ONLY the permanent teeth. If the tooth that you refer is the 7th tooth counting from central incisor backwards then that is your permanent second molar.

automan3042
Street 2NR

Postby automan3042 » January 23rd, 2013, 12:22 pm

what do the highlighted colors mean?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » January 23rd, 2013, 2:44 pm

automan3042 wrote:what do the highlighted colors mean?

no idea

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crazychinee » January 23rd, 2013, 4:05 pm

fokhan_96 wrote:
DFC wrote:Fokhan, i have this tooth with a cavity.

"upper second molar"??? ... it depends if it's your upper second primary molar or upper second permanent molar. A second primary molar usually exfoliates by 12 years of age. This tooth would be replaced by the upper second permanent premolar. This picture shows ONLY the permanent teeth. If the tooth that you refer is the 7th tooth counting from central incisor backwards then that is your permanent second molar.

my wisdom molars coming out sideways...i could just leave it?

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » January 23rd, 2013, 4:32 pm

:lol: like dis d official fokhan dental advice ched awha?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 23rd, 2013, 4:34 pm

My dentist does claim he's not a dentist half of the time. Is something wrong with him?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » January 23rd, 2013, 5:41 pm

crazychinee wrote:my wisdom molars coming out sideways...i could just leave it?

I'm guessing it's your lower wisdom teeth you speak of. Saying that your wisdom teeth grows sideways is not enough to make a decision. What i would say is that unless your wisdom teeth gives problem or cause problem on the adjacent teeth then you need to extract it. Extraction of your wisdom teeth solely due to the fact that it grows horizontally has no basis.
THE FACULTY OF DENTAL SURGERY, ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS OF ENGLAND, published an article entitled "CURRENT CLINICAL PRACTICE AND PARAMETERS OF CARE, THE MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH THIRD MOLAR (syn: WISDOM) TEETH". Here they concluded that ... "There has been disagreement about the appropriateness of removal of third molars unassociated with local pathology but there is no controversy about the value of the removal of impacted third molars when they are associated with pathological changes", "...surgical intervention in the absence of pathology is generally not justified". Another point to note is that impacted lower wisdom teeth does not cause your lower front teeth to become crooked as once thought. The article says ... "there is little rationale based on present evidence for excision of lower third molars solely to minimise present or future crowding of lower anterior teeth (8 references quoted)".

To conclude, you should have your dentist do a proper exam and x-ray on your teeth to determine if there is any pathology associated with it and hence if an extraction would be justified.

Mobile-Authority
Ricer

Postby Mobile-Authority » May 13th, 2013, 11:14 pm

i need a dentist
recommendation sumbody ?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » May 14th, 2013, 8:42 am

Check the directory, consult your friends and family to see who they had good experiences with.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » May 14th, 2013, 10:11 am

open socket - most painful thing i could remember since my existence....

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » May 14th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Mobile-Authority wrote:i need a dentist
recommendation sumbody ?

Just make sure you select a dentist with nice boobies and a nice voice,
boobie size is not not everything here, but does play an important role, firmness and perkiness are also very important. Her voice should be sweet and caring and with just that right amount of "I want to make you happy in it".
When lying back in that chair as they sit behind your head, the dentist seated in her chair leaning over your forehead, her boobs brushing against the sides of your head, while she whispers over the sound of the high speed power tool being shoved into your mouth, "is that ok?", "if am doing something you don't like tell me, ok?" makes the experience so much more bearable.

p.s if you go to a male dentist it means you are gay. its a fact.

Yodins
Shifting into 6th

Postby Yodins » May 14th, 2013, 6:50 pm

I think this girl I trackin issa dentist

...I ask she to go to the movies and she brace me

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » May 14th, 2013, 6:55 pm

you are about 17 if she is a dentist she is most likely 25-27 at least,
you ent making joke yute.

bonzo.specb
punchin NOS

Postby bonzo.specb » May 14th, 2013, 10:10 pm

My Dentist has nice bewbs, she don't need to be registered.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 26th, 2024, 7:14 am

Dental association: Beware of fake dentists, some working out of hair salons

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/dental-association-beware-of-fake-dentists-some-working-out-of-hair-salons-6.2.1959522.3665e5e508

The Dental Association of T&T has sounded an alarm over :!: hundreds of unregistered dentists, :!: including migrants, who are also operating without qualification.

Yesterday, president of the association Dr Sanjay Ramnanan said many unregistered people are offering cheap dental services.

While getting braces from a registered dentist in T&T can amount to $30,000, some people have been advertising the procedure for $1,500 to $2,000.

But, this has only led to an increase in patients suffering from gum diseases.

Ramnanan said, “A lot of citizens are getting fooled by the prices because they are seeing these lower, lower prices and they are also seeing convenience ... People are working out of their hair salons and they are telling you, ‘Come, we will do a whitening for you one time or come and we will put on veneers for you’ but you’re working out of a barbershop.”

“We all see patients and they’re coming in with rampant infections. One of the most prevalent infections that we’re seeing from patients who go by these unregistered individuals, it would be gum disease. You have patients that are coming in with swollen gums, puffy gums, red, bleeding,” he added.

He said, after seeing these “quack dentists”, patients end up right back at the registered clinics.

However, the chairman of the Dental Council Dr Dharmendra Rohit said they have no power to address the issue.

“The board itself, we have the power to deal with registered dentists because if you’re not registered with us, then we don’t have any power to at least address that issue ... if there is a complaint, the complaint has to go through the police and the police has to investigate it. Then they have to do a process through the DPP office before the dental board could get involved to assist in prosecuting that person and the likelihood of a police officer investigating a complaint of a patient who went to a quack or an unregistered dentist in these days of the other crime issues we have, I don’t think it’s going to be a high priority,” he said.

Giving tips on how to look out for a fake dentist, Ramnanan said, “You look for certificates. One big, tell tale sign is if the person is telling you that they can’t sign a prescription, they can’t sign your insurance forms, that’s a major red flag right there.”

The association is now calling on Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh to immediately step in.

But Deyalsingh said while he is concerned about the issue of fake doctors, it is not his responsibility and instead directed us to Singh, head of the medical board.

However, according to Singh, the board cannot police unregistered persons.

Singh said while the board could take people to court, it does not have investigative manpower like TTPS.

“We don’t have the necessary resources to run down these non-doctors. All we can do is go to the police and the police is swamped with fraud cases,” he said.

Guardian Media reported, recently, that several groups including the Diabetes Association and the Trinidad and Tobago Cancer Society complained of people purporting to be medical practitioners making claims of having the cure for several diseases including cancer.

The Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago (MBTT) has also raised concerns about the increasing number of unregistered and fake doctors operating illegally in the country. MBTT president Dr Neil Singh confirmed there are five reports currently before the Fraud Squad and more cases are being compiled.
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/dental-association-beware-of-fake-dentists-some-working-out-of-hair-salons-6.2.1959522.3665e5e508

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » March 26th, 2024, 7:24 am

Back in the 80s those were the only dentists we had our could afford. Was no fun getting your cavities drilled without anastasia lol but my mercury fillings going on three decades plus

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 26th, 2024, 8:09 am

what exactly is the list of things that only a dentist supposed to be able to do?

i know somebody who went to a dental place the other day for routine cleaning, they said the dentist didn’t come out that day
so one of the dental nurse techs did the cleaning instead, she said he did a very good job

on the other hand my dentist was on maternity leave last year and some newbie dentist subbed in

that idiot put the cleaning tool direct on contact surface of molar and shake up my whole mouth

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 26th, 2024, 8:14 am

bonzo.specb wrote:My Dentist has nice bewbs, she don't need to be registered.

Watch nah when I get a cleaning I does just rest my head on dem and fall asleep

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”