Forums

Right to bear arms

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sMASH
TunerGod

Right to bear arms

Postby sMASH » February 21st, 2013, 5:51 pm

if 'merica would advise its citizens to arm up for personal defense and deterrence, shouldn't we catch that cold too and and be allowed to arm up?

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: kamla, i want ah shot gun NAW!!!!!

Postby Rooki3 » February 21st, 2013, 6:36 pm

ahmmmm d interviewer doesnt have a drop of testostorone on him? sounds like a woman

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 21st, 2013, 6:40 pm

Then the bandits will get bigger guns and before you know it we walking around with rocket launchers.

Gun control and enforcement is what is needed.

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » February 21st, 2013, 6:42 pm

in dis 4th world banana republic which have the largest natural asphalt deposit but ironically d worst roads in d world, yuh think that goin n happen... much less the mentality of trinis?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » February 21st, 2013, 6:45 pm

EXODUS wrote:in dis 4th world banana republic which have the largest natural asphalt deposit but ironically d worst roads in d world, yuh think that goin n happen... much less the mentality of trinis?

Natural asphalt doesn't surface roads, bitumen and aggregate does, fellow citizen of a 4th world banana republic :roll:

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » February 21st, 2013, 6:48 pm

Habit7 wrote:
EXODUS wrote:in dis 4th world banana republic which have the largest natural asphalt deposit but ironically d worst roads in d world, yuh think that goin n happen... much less the mentality of trinis?

Natural asphalt doesn't surface roads, bitumen and aggregate does, fellow citizen of a 4th world banana republic :roll:

and your point is dum dum? read beetween d lines nex time k. trod on

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » February 21st, 2013, 6:52 pm

this whole thing is tricky, no matter how u spin it & d majority of the population isnt gonna sit by & allow them to remotely affect their constitutional rights

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » February 21st, 2013, 6:55 pm

if they cud bann paintball guns / toy guns...who are we (trinidad) to implement licenses for every man jack when our chessbun mentality and public lawlessness would see to it that err day, somebody get shot cus of petty squabble... i say bring out the death penalty nah man....

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » February 21st, 2013, 6:58 pm

quite a lot of trinis who would classify themselves as being "good people" lack the maturity/discipline to operate a motor vehicle, far less a shot gun :|

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » February 21st, 2013, 7:04 pm

yuh unnastand...i dus flame on rel fass specially wrt road rage :twisted:

neals
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby neals » February 21st, 2013, 7:13 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Then the bandits will get bigger guns and before you know it we walking around with rocket launchers.

Image loik this???? :lol:
Last edited by neals on February 21st, 2013, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 21st, 2013, 7:13 pm

Habit7 wrote:

that's right!

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » February 21st, 2013, 7:16 pm

foss
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby foss » February 21st, 2013, 7:38 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Then the bandits will get bigger guns and before you know it we walking around with rocket launchers.

wrong... the bandits will just take the guns from us and shoot us with them :lol:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 21st, 2013, 8:15 pm

nat if a' shoot 'em ferst.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 21st, 2013, 8:23 pm

i will reiterate, most of the criminals already have arms, and easy access to them. making legal guns a tad bit more available would up the ratio between armed criminals and armed citizens.

people already have means to kill other people by way of cars, gasoline, knives, cutlasses etc. the rate of killings due to civil altercations would not increase dramatically. and i would gamble that it would reduce, cause monkey know which tree to climb. and iff most trees u cant climb, then u wont climb many trees.

it is very EASY for me to acquire and illegal weapon. i would prefer to get a legal one.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 21st, 2013, 9:14 pm

Gun control can't work cuz we can't control the guns that already here.

Allow bonded trained citizens to own fire arms for home protection.

If yuh carry it outside yuh yard jail/ fine etc.

Once a couple of them get kill breaking in that will stop.

The violence that on the streets is drug fueled,related and caused.
Dat cyah done.
So allow the rest of us to protect our families when INVARIABLY it comes home.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » February 21st, 2013, 9:28 pm

Redman wrote:Gun control can't work cuz we can't control the guns that already here.

Dat cyah done.

nice idea, however, just playing devil's advocate here, but couldn't that just lead to an increase in crimes outside the home/ business place, heck it might even result in an upswing of kidnappings. Then there's the issue of older folk who may not be able to handle a shot gun even if they had one; the past few years or so, we've already seen several cases where the elderly are being targeted and victimized, this could increase as well :(

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » February 21st, 2013, 9:43 pm

good point guys, i think we jus have to accept we live in a sad state & shud always be careful wherever we go & in whatever we do

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 21st, 2013, 10:05 pm

so, good.
the american constitution has the right to bear arms enshrined in their constitution, and our criminals understand the value in that.

allyuh sounding just like lori from walking dead series, about her son handling guns ' oh guns are terrrrrrible, i don't want him to have one, its too not nice, and i want him to be a nice boy'
so while she raising him to be a panzie, some dead zombie would eat him.

more than once the presence of a fire arm was able to disrupt forthcoming assailants, down in my area. why? duane explained why, just like with animals on the hunt.
they don't attack when there is a good enough chance that they them selves would get damaged, or a slight chance of a serious injury. they would attack if they come better prepared, yes. but more preparation means more resources, and that would dissuade the a good proportion of the criminal element from the lower strata. small fries not gonna bother because it too tough, and big fish have bigger things in mind.

many of the crime are because of some 2 bit bandit seeing easy targets. all i saying, is u could deter that sector of criminals by making the target a bit harder to escape from unscathed.

Firewall
Riding on 16's

Postby Firewall » February 22nd, 2013, 8:16 am

Well the laws already skewed against normal people so why even bother to give them a means to defend themselves?

kaylex
Riding on 16's

Postby kaylex » February 22nd, 2013, 8:54 am

If we the choice... I dont want any Shot Gun... with the sort of crime we having right now...
I would have opted for an all out assault rifle... M 16...

sleep with my front door open and sit on the recliner facing the open door.. and wait..
cause thats what we doing now.. waiting to be slaughtered...

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » February 22nd, 2013, 9:09 am

sMASH wrote:i will reiterate, most of the criminals already have arms, and easy access to them. making legal guns a tad bit more available would up the ratio between armed criminals and armed citizens.

people already have means to kill other people by way of cars, gasoline, knives, cutlasses etc. the rate of killings due to civil altercations would not increase dramatically. and i would gamble that it would reduce, cause monkey know which tree to climb. and iff most trees u cant climb, then u wont climb many trees.

it is very EASY for me to acquire and illegal weapon. i would prefer to get a legal one.

This they can't control guns so long they trying.

Today they might seize 5 guns, while maybe 300 come in Cedros

Maybe is time to try a new way

Centric
Shifting into 6th

Postby Centric » February 22nd, 2013, 12:43 pm

Grand theft auto. We all walk around with RPGs, AK47s, MK4s and shotguns in we back pockets and pull it out with the scroll of a mouse and call it protection.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » February 22nd, 2013, 1:33 pm

Seriously though the only people suffering are those obeying the law.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » February 22nd, 2013, 3:14 pm

Redman wrote:Gun control can't work cuz we can't control the guns that already here.

Dat cyah done.

Would simply encourage even MORE break-ins when people aren't home to use the said fire-arm. Now we have your tv AND your legal firearm yo'. :lol:

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Trinidad to negotiate arms treaty

Postby rocknrolla » February 23rd, 2013, 7:32 am

ive always said that we should even the playing field by arming citizens and have been debating it with various political affiliates and law enforcement for some time now. ive studied criminal psychology casually and came quickly to the same conclusion as many experts.

most criminals are cowards at heart. and only attack when they believe they have the upper hand. which means in a country with restrictive gun laws. law abiding citizens are the ones at a loss. because the criminals wont obey the law ANYWAY and will obtain firearms to give themselves the upper hand. when ppl getting their homes invaded and their children raped by gunmen during the soe im sure those ppl couldve used a firearm to defend themselves until the police reach. instead of it being where they have to pray that an ambulance get there in time.

it was with great shock, but also great support when i saw the PM taking this initiative and seeking to create an arms treaty that will allow trinidadians to obtain firearms for the purpose of defending home and property.

bandits will have to think twice about robbing stores etc because they wont know how many of the patrons have a concealed carry weapon that cud send lightning up their arse anytime they let their guard down.

if u all are really interested in helping urselves defend against crime. i suggest u all support this initiative to the fullest. and the only ppl to disagree must be criminals and their affiliates. for too long only rich ppl have been able to obtain licensed firearms. but poor ppl get rob rape and murder too. the middleclass at the mercy of criminals. the PM has the relevant videos on her facebook. so check it out and follow up on this.

we should also seek to teach and train our children about the responsible handling of firearms from young. this will help to evolve our culture and will certainly act as a powerful deterrent against crime. the stats are clear.. in countries, states, cities and towns around the world where the population is armed, the murder rate by gun violence is significantly lower than others where their is gun restrictions on civillians.

[url]video.ak.fbcdn.net/hvideo-ak-ash3/v/763139_563116597041581_2142922004_n.mp4?oh=09723490201ec59e819e9ff649a8bf3f&oe=5128C2E6&__gda__=1361627059_a2ef5bff7aeac66fd3b57f092fa016e1[/url]
Last edited by rocknrolla on February 23rd, 2013, 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Trinidad to negotiate arms treaty

Postby j.o.e » February 23rd, 2013, 7:34 am

link please

EDIT: Because the video I think you are referring to, really isn't about "Guns for all" in Trinidad its about an agreement on how gun exports/shipments etc will be looked at internationally. A link will help us get on the same page.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » February 23rd, 2013, 7:44 am

alright.. posted. i was feeling lazy to find and post the link. i thought everyone saw this video already. it is on Kamla's facebook page.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » February 23rd, 2013, 7:53 am

now i know the video doesnt detail much.. but i believe that this is the first step in arming our citizens. later would come proper registration procedures for firearm applicants before small arms would actually be sold to law abiding citizens.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”