Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Right to bear arms

Postby desifemlove » March 16th, 2015, 10:35 pm

src1983 wrote:
desifemlove wrote:
src1983 wrote:
desifemlove wrote:
src1983 wrote:
desifemlove wrote:lolol......any more regulations added in any state area has to account for the culture we does have. and a gun is a weapon designed to kill. corruption in house allocation may not be good, but nobody eh use no house or flat to kill.

But according to your statements, because of "trini mentality" we not capable of knives, rolling pins, vehicles etc.

i'm sorry? dunno what rolling pins you does use, but cooking utensils aren't used nor designed to kill and maim.

They aren't but the mentality of the people you described will use it for that.

cos if our civil service and ting corrupt, then how would a licensing system escape that? people will pass ting under table for gun, with no background check, or give gun wit no licence to dey son, daughter, lil nephew.

This does not prove that people are incapable of having weapons, but proves that some in society are corrupt.

Because some people are corrupt, doesn't mean people don't need guns. What should be done is like I mentioned before, a fool proof system be implemented which is simple to do.

People should not be oppressed just because of corruption.

Using your logic because LO is corrupt, we should stop issuing licenses because of road deaths.

Some? If you introducing new regulations, all regulatory environment points need to be considered.

I still stand dat trinidadians too wild for mass gun ownership to be feasible.....

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 17th, 2015, 6:35 am

rspann wrote:I hear you, but personally,I don't like knife and cutlass as a defence option,you have to go in too close and when is more than one, a sig p 226 does even the odds.

I hear yuh, but a good 3" blade concealed on your person has more than a few advantages. especially if it's used on an attacker that feels you've already given up or yuh too scared to fight up.

but the real disadvantage tho is it really takes a particular type of mindset to get in close & use a blade on a man.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » March 17th, 2015, 8:00 am

88sins wrote:but the real disadvantage tho is it really takes a particular type of mindset to get in close & use a blade on a man.
So you saying it easier to use a gun.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 17th, 2015, 8:03 am

^^^^^^

Yes it is, and I prefer one.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 17th, 2015, 8:49 am

Yes son, it's always easier to use a gun. That's why bandits use guns, ease of use. Put in bullets, stand up from any distance, point & squeeze.

A knifer however, depending on the knife & the users skill level, could either come in close, or stay as far away as 30 feet. I don't recommend throwing beyond 30 feet for 2 reasons, namely gravity is a beyotch so your blade will drop & you will miss your mark unless you aim high & loss of momentum with increase in distance resulting in lack of penetration which produces a wounded person instead of the corpse you may have intended.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » March 17th, 2015, 8:59 am

could use ninja stars...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 17th, 2015, 9:46 am

16 cycles wrote:could use ninja stars...

them ting useless. they not designed to yield max penetration, & too light to do get d penetration to do any real damage.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » March 17th, 2015, 10:28 am

88sins wrote:Yes son, it's always easier to use a gun. That's why bandits use guns, ease of use. Put in bullets, stand up from any distance, point & squeeze.
This is what I believe makes guns more dangerous (and therefore in need of greater regulations than knives). The ease with which they can be used to kill or significantly harm another person.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 17th, 2015, 11:30 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
88sins wrote:Yes son, it's always easier to use a gun. That's why bandits use guns, ease of use. Put in bullets, stand up from any distance, point & squeeze.
This is what I believe makes guns more dangerous (and therefore in need of greater regulations than knives). The ease with which they can be used to kill or significantly harm another person.

If some one reaches a decision to kill some one.....in a heated moment -then the tool or manner used is a secondary decision.

A fire arm comes with baggage....

if its legal ...its been processed and traceable.
Its very distinct and loud, and after the fact do you keep a fire arm that ties you to a murder or do you toss it.
If you toss it you only have until the next mandatory inspection... at that point you need to present THAT fire arm.

So it could be argued that given the factors outside of your control ...using the firearm is harder.

And maybe a deterrent..

I say that because some one carrying often seeks to AVOID scenarios where a confrontation will result in him having to use the weapon.

The best gunfight is the one you didnt have.

my 2 cents

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 17th, 2015, 11:49 am

Slartibartfast wrote:This is what I believe makes guns more dangerous (and therefore in need of greater regulations than knives).

Not disputing such, but regulation means that there is a standardized method for the screening of applicants, as well as for the application for & the granting of, & use of permits & arms permitted. Currently & from inception, this has not been the case. It is impossible to regulate something that is being done on a whim & a fancy by one individual. Whether you, I or anyone else thinks it needs to be regulated, before it can be regulated & controlled there must be a standardized mechanism for any & all suitably qualified persons to apply for & successfully attain a permit, in a timely fashion. Now, there is a standardized method of application, but it has effectively been converted to a method of randomization & elitism. As is right now, they can't even standardize how long an application should take before it is approved or denied. Can you image having to wait 15-20 years to find out if your application has been approved or denied? imho, if they cannot even accomplish that amazingly simple task, there is little to no hope of them to be able to successfully perform greater tasks.

Slartibartfast wrote:The ease with which they can be used to kill or significantly harm another person.

Not disputing such, however that does not alter the fact that there are all too many illegally held firearms that are being used against unarmed, responsible, law abiding citizens that do qualify to keep & carry firearms, yet are routinely denied such opportunity for either vague or non existent reasons.

To keep things in perspective, there is a term known as justifiable homicide, & then there is murder. There have been thousands of murders in T&T over the last 2 decades, & iirc only about 60 or so justifiable homicides. There needs to be some sort of balance between those 2 statistics, either by preferably reducing the murder rate (which the ttps can not do, being the reactive entity that they are) or increasing the justifiable homicide rate, which would be an effective deterrent to the bulk of the murderous criminal element.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » March 17th, 2015, 12:24 pm

thumbs buried in that bandit eyesocket, squeeze that windpipe till crushed... violence

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 4th, 2018, 12:28 am

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 4th, 2018, 7:06 am

Wha happn SMASH
U want an AR15 owa :lol:

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 4th, 2018, 9:35 am

Ever wonder why America is the greatest country on earth? the answer is simple, the US constitution is the greatest document ever written. According to the Second Amendment the Right to Keep and Bear arms shall NOT be infringed upon. The First Amendment protects against the government trying to censor free speech in the nasty guise of "hate speech" even though there is no such thing as hate speech. Hate Speech is a term the lunatic left made up for safe spaces. The left would love nothing better than to modify or abolish the first 2 Amendments. Stalin for example was a left wing person and he behaved exactly like this the first thing he went after was free speech and took away the guns. He then starved 7 million people in Ukraine to death.

Anybody remember when the burglar broke into the house of a young mother in Texas? and she put a 12 gauge in he cacahole? he went back out the same speed he came in.

The dishonest left wing liberals will tell us that guns are bad because in 2016 a mother shot her 2 daughters. But the nasty dishonest left wing liberals will never tell you that a crazy person like her would have killed those 2 girls regardless of a gun all she would have done was poison the 2 kids if she couldn't find a gun.

Years ago I remember reading politics on a liberal forum and they were discussing a case in Netherlands where a woman took a baseball bat and knocked out a rapist who broke into her house, she hit him in the head and he blanked out and was awoken in the hospital. He then sued the woman and WON the case, the liberals said she had no right to hit him in the head when he broke into the house they said she was supposed to call the police and accept the rape in the meanwhile.

Since then I understood the dangers of liberalism and I have been right everytime. And just imagine that was a decade ago or more, today the left is more retarded than ever.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 4th, 2018, 9:47 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Years ago I remember reading politics on a liberal forum and they were discussing a case in Netherlands where a woman took a baseball bat and knocked out a rapist who broke into her house, she hit him in the head and he blanked out and was awoken in the hospital. He then sued the woman and WON the case, the liberals said she had no right to hit him in the head when he broke into the house they said she was supposed to call the police and accept the rape in the meanwhile.

Since then I understood the dangers of liberalism and I have been right everytime. And just imagine that was a decade ago or more, today the left is more retarded than ever.

Boy, Europe going down the drain inno.

Sweden esp. Sooo progressive that they overshot the sweet spot and they descending into a SJW wasteland

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 4th, 2018, 7:21 pm

88sins wrote:Wha happn SMASH
U want an AR15 owa :lol:
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
YAAAASSSSS

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 4th, 2018, 7:21 pm

i wanna stunt like alwaries chilren

wagonon20's
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby wagonon20's » February 9th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Yuh wah hold up ah big TOOL and pose ,

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 10th, 2018, 3:07 pm

I want to do it legally.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 11th, 2019, 3:24 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/01/11/busine ... Pinn3js_WY

Newsday wrote: Businessman fires on armed bandits

POLICE are searching for two men who attempted to rob a Port of Spain businessman this afternoon. At about 1 pm, the gunmen entered Sun Kiu Trading Company Ltd, owned and operated by Leon Wong and ordered him to hand over money.

Wong took out his licensed gun and fired several gunshots at the bandits. One of them dropped his gun which was later seized by the police for investigation. Enquiries are continuing by PC Beatrice and Rajkumar.

Newsday understands that sometime later, two men checked themselves into the St James health facility seeking treatment for multiple gunshot wounds. The men were placed under police guard as they may be the ones who attacked Wong.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 11th, 2019, 4:14 pm

sMASH wrote:I want to do it legally.
You can't, you a small fry.

On the other hand if you have 50k easy to by-pass the red tape .

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 11th, 2019, 4:37 pm

:oops:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 11th, 2019, 5:31 pm

Yeah but you get a backdated license and a diff signature
Like signed by John Doe “for commissioner”

zoom rader wrote:
sMASH wrote:I want to do it legally.
You can't, you a small fry.

On the other hand if you have 50k easy to by-pass the red tape .

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 11th, 2019, 6:42 pm

well apparently, the police like to act illegally as well... who knew...

i had assumed that the proper channels were sought, and this was the end result.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » January 12th, 2019, 8:27 am

You have the right to bare arms.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 12th, 2019, 9:15 am

Smash, you have arms like a bear as yet, with all the wuk yuh doing?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 12th, 2019, 9:25 am

getting there, getting there... but the back not cooperating

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 12th, 2019, 10:39 am

it have a pohleece who does wear shirt with sleeves too tight
one of them who does do news conference thing

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 13th, 2019, 12:45 am

^^

Arms ?

Trini really cannot organize since there is no co-operation in anything serious - maybe if some $$$ pass - YES

We never had an armed conflict like USA's Civil War etc.

A crazy man tried . He got no co-operation .

We gave his an amnesty just for trying .

Go figure .

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 13th, 2019, 6:07 am

the real joke is, after they make their dotish statement how they tried to save face by saying they gonna recommend to c&e to restrict those items.

and the funny thing about that is that C&E has no such authority either :lol:
poor Gary, he own ppl set him up to make an ass of himself at the behest of a few ppl

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”