Forums

Short/long term investments/retirement policies etc advise

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Short/long term investments/retirement policies etc advise

Postby DVSTT » January 5th, 2017, 11:33 pm

My preference lies with guardian, simply because it's at a low point in its price and I think it's poised for recovery, whereas Sagicor is on the up and up and I'm unsure as to where the top will be, which makes me somewhat anxious about it as I'd not like to buy into it as it peaks. Plus I'm not sure if the increase is as a result of them moving to Bermuda or the almost 50% net income increase from q3 2015 to q3 2016.

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » January 9th, 2017, 9:25 am

So CEMEX revise their offer to $5.07 oer share, with the option to receive payment in US$.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 9th, 2017, 11:46 am

DVSTT wrote:My preference lies with guardian, simply because it's at a low point in its price and I think it's poised for recovery, whereas Sagicor is on the up and up and I'm unsure as to where the top will be, which makes me somewhat anxious about it as I'd not like to buy into it as it peaks. Plus I'm not sure if the increase is as a result of them moving to Bermuda or the almost 50% net income increase from q3 2015 to q3 2016.

GHL is also on a serious cost cutting exercise with automation being a option where applicable.

Revenue has stabilized and costs will begin to drop---and you getting paid dividends to wait.

buy some more-every month

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » January 9th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Sell doubles...serious

desifemlove

investments

Postby desifemlove » January 12th, 2017, 10:50 am

I want to invest some money in a medium-risk fund. I know the basics of this, in terms of the options and risks, and have gone by a few places to this.

But then Bourse does say that they initially have shares as the option. Is this normal? Shares are higher risk of course, but then they say the companies they recommend are stable and have high dividends.

Also, are there any certified financial planners about?

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Re: investments

Postby Miktay » January 12th, 2017, 10:56 am

Desi...certified financial planner designate iz no guarantee of performance...

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » January 12th, 2017, 10:59 am

Don't they have to be a fiduciary or something? Do we have fiduciaries down here?

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » January 12th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Guardian and NGC continue their downward spiral while Sagicor climbs.
Guess we'll see more movement once 2016 financials are released.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 13th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Miktay wrote:Desi...certified financial planner designate iz no guarantee of performance...

no, but then that is what is advised.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » January 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm

desifemlove wrote:
Miktay wrote:Desi...certified financial planner designate iz no guarantee of performance...

no, but then that is what is advised.

Desi: If CFPs really know where the markets are headed they would mostly be retired living on a beach somewhere.

IMHO youre better off arming yourself with advice from some of the posters on here (Redman etc) and then going to one of the local brokerage houses/banks/financial institutions.

That said what are you trying to accomplish?

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » March 6th, 2017, 1:48 pm

This thread went dormant.
I see GHL got a quick bump to $16 but now dropping like a rock again.
Not sure what's going on, waiting on the 2016 results to be published.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » March 6th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Investment portfolios are heavily reliant on long term success of course... I trust my own ability to generate money in private busienss versus most investment schemes, including government bonds as the rate of return is normally too low to guarantee long term success without significant loss due to market volatility over a 10 and 20 year periods.

This thread is a few years now... I'm interested to see if Trac made some good decisions ?

I'm not going to assume one's gender, but I'll assume Trac's age... and as an admin, I'd assume you were past the ideal age group to start long term investment (early 20's) at the time of this thread's start date.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 6th, 2017, 2:54 pm

DVSTT wrote:This thread went dormant.
I see GHL got a quick bump to $16 but now dropping like a rock again.
Not sure what's going on, waiting on the 2016 results to be published.

Well there was a major shift in ownership-and those guys were not just helping LJ out....it will move when its ready
I would be a buyer before the earnings-the optimization measures will kick in and be manifested initially in the next report.....
Just buy it and forget it

and no luck on the local book

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » March 9th, 2017, 2:14 am

Bourse sent me a message the otehr day about this FCB IPO. is there any news on when it will come through?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 9th, 2017, 7:33 am

eliteauto wrote:those funds I'm seeing being touted in this thread with those abysmal returns on investment and fees stacked in favour of the firms offering them ( not to mention the interest accrued by the firms in lending or investing the pooled capital). What exactly do you guys invest in them for? Is it a rainy day fund, to show a diversified portfolio or for retirement? Curious as to the mindset involved

You couldn't have chosen a better word to describe the returns. There are people who are very wary about investing ,so maybe these are the only options they think they have. When you have a fixed income you tend to take less risk with your savings so this could be the reason they look for stability . You know the saying ,brave money makes money? I take risks to make money, yes it's scary at some times but the returns are unbelievable.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » March 9th, 2017, 10:43 am

rspann wrote:
eliteauto wrote:those funds I'm seeing being touted in this thread with those abysmal returns on investment and fees stacked in favour of the firms offering them ( not to mention the interest accrued by the firms in lending or investing the pooled capital). What exactly do you guys invest in them for? Is it a rainy day fund, to show a diversified portfolio or for retirement? Curious as to the mindset involved

You couldn't have chosen a better word to describe the returns. There are people who are very wary about investing ,so maybe these are the only options they think they have. When you have a fixed income you tend to take less risk with your savings so this could be the reason they look for stability . You know the saying ,brave money makes money? I take risks to make money, yes it's scary at some times but the returns are unbelievable.

It would be helpful to know in which area(s) you invest.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » March 10th, 2017, 7:41 pm

what was the scene wit dis Government bond? I spoke to a fella in Bourse who said it's hard to get. Is this true? Do they sell it to foreigners?

To answer Miktay, I'm interested just in passive income, just some money to use for whatever comes up. if possible, to get several thousand TTD or USD/GBP a month. This FCB thing looks like it would be good to start off with, but if I could get T&T bonds that would be cool.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » March 12th, 2017, 5:11 pm

Miktay wrote:
rspann wrote:

It would be helpful to know in which area(s) you invest.

X2

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 12th, 2017, 5:27 pm

Real Estate is one of the main ones.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » March 12th, 2017, 9:20 pm

rspann wrote:Real Estate is one of the main ones.

Real estate is out of my budget at the moment. :| :| :|
Hadda seek alternative methods for the while.
Do you find it best to flip houses or buy and rent?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 12th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Building apartments to rent and buying land and reselling .

luckeydude
Street 2NR

Postby luckeydude » March 12th, 2017, 11:14 pm

Opportunity..... Looking for strong ppl willing to make extra income no need to buy or sell anything just need a smart phone, contact me at 392-4947, Srs inquiries only.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » March 13th, 2017, 9:40 am

rspann wrote:Real Estate is one of the main ones.

Figured as much. Most investors I spoken with say the same thing.

But you hadda have belly. And a good contracting crew.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » March 13th, 2017, 10:28 am

Is there land that sells reasonably locally? Seems everything is upwards of 300K with approvals in an ok neighbourhood.

On a side note, anyone have a timetable for TTSE stock dividend payouts ?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 13th, 2017, 10:33 am

X2 wrote:Investment portfolios are heavily reliant on long term success of course... I trust my own ability to generate money in private busienss versus most investment schemes, including government bonds as the rate of return is normally too low to guarantee long term success without significant loss due to market volatility over a 10 and 20 year periods.

This thread is a few years now... I'm interested to see if Trac made some good decisions ?

I'm not going to assume one's gender, but I'll assume Trac's age... and as an admin, I'd assume you were past the ideal age group to start long term investment (early 20's) at the time of this thread's start date.

Truth

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 13th, 2017, 10:38 am

DVSTT wrote:Is there land that sells reasonably locally? Seems everything is upwards of 300K with approvals in an ok neighbourhood.

What's an ok neighbourhood? Why buy there? Are you buying to invest or to live? Because the house you live in is NOT an investment

I've found one of the most invaluable investment strategies to be finding a good mentor, someone successful who is willing to teach you, talk to you, advise you. Surprisingly they come about through the oddest channels sometimes but once you find them and you have an open mind you can move forward. With land is not so much belly as it is looking at what's next vs what's now, places that are hot now will always be expensive to buy and when you think you're getting into a great deal the winners have already moved on to the next one, it takes training your mind to have vision and having patience, tremendous patience.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 13th, 2017, 10:46 am

how i summarize that above, is that it is simpler to buy something and sell it for a profit, and potentially a significant profit. all the market forces that would affect ur purchase and sale would be to a greater extent more obvious and understandable compared to those webs of the more complicated investment schemes. they usually take a part of ur investment as commission and then a part of ur profits, if u make a good decision.

the only thing that could rival simple buying and selling, is stockmarket trading. not rival the simplicity, but rival the potential to make big profit margins or losses.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » March 13th, 2017, 3:50 pm

eliteauto wrote:
DVSTT wrote:Is there land that sells reasonably locally? Seems everything is upwards of 300K with approvals in an ok neighbourhood.

What's an ok neighbourhood? Why buy there? Are you buying to invest or to live? Because the house you live in is NOT an investment

I've found one of the most invaluable investment strategies to be finding a good mentor, someone successful who is willing to teach you, talk to you, advise you. Surprisingly they come about through the oddest channels sometimes but once you find them and you have an open mind you can move forward. With land is not so much belly as it is looking at what's next vs what's now, places that are hot now will always be expensive to buy and when you think you're getting into a great deal the winners have already moved on to the next one, it takes training your mind to have vision and having patience, tremendous patience.

Mostly I just look at what pops up on my FB newfeed from those real estate agents, never really sat and actively searched for anything, but most that I have seen were plots in gated communities. As for living vs investing, ideally I'd like to have some sort of rental property so it serves to be a source of continual passive income.
I also agree with the mentorship, but to find one is not necessarily easy and time is not on my side as of late.

As for sMASH, again, ideally, I think an adequate and competent portfolio would encompass, stock, real estate and some safer options as well, such as bonds and fixed deposits, so you have a variety of income from different areas. Also a small business might be a worthy venture, provided you can tap into a niche and move adequate stocks.

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby francis1979 » March 13th, 2017, 9:48 pm

Very Difficult to get that
But if that is your budget; patience is your best friend
Need to monitor newspaper classified and Facebook . Stuff do pop up sometimes

Note: when you actually get a deal:
1) if it looks too good to be true. Then it is not true. There is a lot of people willing to con the vulnerable
2) if it is legitimate; don't waste time. Since it will be off the market very quickly. So be prepared

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby francis1979 » March 13th, 2017, 9:51 pm

What is the opinions on purchasing FCb

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”