Forums

Expedited Passport Renewal

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Re: Expedited Passport Renewal

Postby Premchand1976 » October 30th, 2017, 5:16 pm

Anyone heard of you having to have a passport valid for at least 6 months after your return date from the US or they could deny you entry if it's expiring less than 6 months ?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 30th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Premchand1976 wrote:Anyone heard of you having to have a passport valid for at least 6 months after your return date from the US or they could deny you entry if it's expiring less than 6 months ?

Yes that is correct .

Most foreign countries wants you to have a TT passport valid at least 6 months .

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 30th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Premchand1976 wrote:Anyone heard of you having to have a passport valid for at least 6 months after your return date from the US or they could deny you entry if it's expiring less than 6 months ?

I hope not. I traveling Saturday and my passport expires March of next year. AA said it's not a problem and us consular services indicate once you staying within the validity of the passport you should be okay.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 30th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

I hope not. I traveling Saturday and my passport expires March of next year. AA said it's not a problem and us consular services indicate once you staying within the validity of the passport you should be okay.

Hmm .. you may not have a problem .. 5 months valid.

You should verify with US Embassy in TT .

gtiracer
Street 2NR

Postby gtiracer » October 30th, 2017, 9:12 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Hmm .. you may not have a problem .. 5 months valid.

You should verify with US Embassy in TT .

Not a problem. As long as passport valid for length of stay u OK..verified and traveled recently with passport expiring week or two after return..

Freak
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Freak » October 30th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Yeah that 6 months validity thing is history. Once your passport is valid for your departure you are safe. My passport expired 30th Sep, i was in d US in June and August, all they did was remind me it was going to expire.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » December 6th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Need some help from those who renewed their machine readable passport (MRP) recently. It's my first time for a MRP renewal so I have some questions:
1. Is the renewal form downloadable from Immigration Division's website, with a green border and their logo instead of the national coat of arms in the top left corner still the valid form for MRP renewal?
2. Do I have to walk with photos?
3. Do I have to walk with documents such as birth certificate?
4. If another ID other than the passport is required, will a driver's permit be accepted?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » December 7th, 2017, 6:28 am

2ndchance wrote:Need some help from those who renewed their machine readable passport (MRP) recently. It's my first time for a MRP renewal so I have some questions:
1. Is the renewal form downloadable from Immigration Division's website, with a green border and their logo instead of the national coat of arms in the top left corner still the valid form for MRP renewal?

Yes. Please ensure that you print it on the correct type and size of paper (legal size, 20-24 lb. paper).

Yes. Do not paper clip the photos to the form. Leave them in whatever envelope the photo studio gave you them in. The Immigration Division has to scan the photo and any impressions on the photo,
say, from a paper clip, will show up in the scan.

No. Just the documents/copies of documents listed in the link below.

http://www.immigration.gov.tt/Services/ ... newal.aspx

4. If another ID other than the passport is required, will a driver's permit be accepted?

Not sure. Only if you don't have your national identification card, then you should at least walk with your driver's permit as I assume that will be the ID number you would be quoting in the declaration of applicant section of the form.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 7th, 2017, 8:21 am

2ndchance wrote:Need some help from those who renewed their machine readable passport (MRP) recently. It's my first time for a MRP renewal so I have some questions:

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Yes

If in POS you need go to the "old" building on Federick Street :D

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 7th, 2017, 9:44 am

RedVEVO wrote:

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Yes

If in POS you need go to the "old" building on Federick Street :D

Stop giving the man wrong info. You do need to walk with passport photos. I am renewing on Monday and these are the indtructions I received

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 7th, 2017, 9:54 am

^^^

You not need passport photo dude .

They use the computer camera tingy :D

And they renew now for 10 years .

Just renewed mine and got expedite in 4 days :D

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 7th, 2017, 10:00 am

When you call to make an appointment they tell you walk with a passport photo, when (if) you go in to pick up a physical form they tell you to walk with a passport photo, they give you an instruction form telling you walk with a passport photo.
Why would you try and pretend to be a Dan and not walk with one and risk losing the appointment to some sullen public servant particularly when you already want to try and expedite it?

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » December 7th, 2017, 10:07 am

good info here thank folks
i to renew MRP next year

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » December 7th, 2017, 10:13 am

Chaguanas office tells you photo not necessary.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 7th, 2017, 10:15 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:Chaguanas office tells you photo not necessary.

Since MRPs came out they have never used the photo you carry in. But I'd rather be safe than sorry especially having seen ppl wait for an hour two, reach up for processing and be told come back a next day because there was an error in some part of their application.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » December 7th, 2017, 10:26 am

From my experience only at the chaguanas office, when you go in, someone checks if all documents are attached. Then, another section checks if all forms are correctly filled out. All this usually within half hour of your appointment time.

Only then are you allowed to proceed to wait for the officer who takes signature, picture and payment one time.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » December 7th, 2017, 8:01 pm

If you renewing by drop box then you need the photo.
I made appt and went in to renew. I did not have to carry pic, they took pic there. I had 7am apt but they just let everyone go in, it didnt matter what time or appt # I had.
Those who were using drop box were put in separate seating from those who had appt. Their documents were checked and they left.
Since I had appt, my documents were checked and I had to go in another seating to wait to have pic taken and to pay by linx. I was given slip of paper and told I will get a txt in 10-12 weeks or could be longer because there is a passport book shortage.

People who wanted expidited have to show proof of reason, like work or medical.

This was in San Fernando 2wks ago. Went inside 7am and left 9am. They seemed to have staff shortage that day. The same person who checked my documents checked about 10 others and then went to take our pic inside the cubicle after.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » December 7th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Thanks for all the answers tuners.
I called to make the appointment today and the guy with whom I spoke said I don't need to bring a photo as I'll be there in person. He also said that as part of the Ministry of National Security, they work with national ID card, not driver's permit!

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 8th, 2017, 1:11 am

Dizzy28 wrote:When you call to make an appointment they tell you walk with a passport photo, when (if) you go in to pick up a physical form they tell you to walk with a passport photo, they give you an instruction form telling you walk with a passport photo.
Why would you try and pretend to be a Dan and not walk with one and risk losing the appointment to some sullen public servant particularly when you already want to try and expedite it?

Because we know stuff .

And we trying to save you $$$

It's a love ting :D

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 11th, 2017, 8:21 am

So had my appointment this morning at PoS. I must say I am impressed. Reached around 7.25. Was out of there by 7.50.

The only real bummer is that they say the expected wait for the new one is 2 months and more than likely I would not receive a notification for start coming in around 2 months in to check.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » December 11th, 2017, 8:41 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:From my experience only at the chaguanas office, when you go in, someone checks if all documents are attached. Then, another section checks if all forms are correctly filled out. All this usually within half hour of your appointment time.

Only then are you allowed to proceed to wait for the officer who takes signature, picture and payment one time.

Point Fortin does this as well...however the security guards will make you believe they are the Immigration Officers yes...
Attitude like wow...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 11th, 2017, 9:01 am

Tuner is an amazing site.
It gives more advice than any government help line.

Here you can get advice on anything right up to being in the government

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » December 11th, 2017, 9:06 am

There are currently almost NO passport books, and the wait is around 6 months, apparently this government thinks that there are more important things than spending money on passport books for its citizens!

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » December 11th, 2017, 9:15 am

Ben_spanna wrote:There are currently almost NO passport books, and the wait is around 6 months, apparently this government thinks that there are more important things than spending money on passport books for its citizens!

Very true ^^...i did renewal for my entire family in June....Collecting all today....
reason they gave was a backlog....i wasnt going to pay for expediting any because I am not travelling till next year anyhow..

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 11th, 2017, 4:42 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:So had my appointment this morning at PoS. I must say I am impressed. Reached around 7.25. Was out of there by 7.50.

The only real bummer is that they say the expected wait for the new one is 2 months and more than likely I would not receive a notification for start coming in around 2 months in to check.

Maybe in 2018 they will raise the price as Gov't "thusty" :D

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » December 20th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Called last week, got appointment today.
Went in today got in and out in less than half hour.
Told new passport will be ready for collection in 8 weeks. which is Ash wednesday.
Still going to check them then. lol

juggernaught
3NE 2NR for life

Postby juggernaught » January 25th, 2018, 6:49 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^^

You not need passport photo dude .

They use the computer camera tingy :D

And they renew now for 10 years .

Just renewed mine and got expedite in 4 days :D

Where you went Fredrick street? To renew, I find that 4 days is fast...or you just went back and checked early

Daenae
Riding on 13's

Postby Daenae » January 26th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Hi i need help urgently!!!! I need to renew my (MRP) but i need it by after carnival . In the immigration office in pos they said that i can pay $550 to exempt my passport and i can receive it in 7-8 days. My question is ,is this true that i will receive it within those days and what is the procedure done to exempt my passport ????

Please someone reply soon need to know

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » January 26th, 2018, 5:32 pm

Don't know if they taking any expedited applications anymore.......unless it's an emergency of some sort......and it's satisfactory to them. ..........this place soooo backward eh....it eh funny. We willing to pay double for urgency and they say nah.....extra income for government and they eh want.......them eh joke dotish nah.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 15th, 2018, 6:28 pm

wagonrunner wrote:Told new passport will be ready for collection in 8 weeks. which is Ash wednesday.
Still going to check them then. lol

Got it on ash wednesday.
Valid for 10yrs, was not expected as i paid $250. thought 10yrs cost more.
Last edited by wagonrunner on February 16th, 2018, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”