wine
rum
wine

where do u get your grains (home brew beers) :wink:

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: hi any home brewers here in Trinidad

Postby Rory Phoulorie » June 18th, 2013, 7:19 am

Babash brewer checking in. I grow my own sugar cane.

morfire
Street 2NR

Postby morfire » June 18th, 2013, 8:32 am

any others i looking to make legal brew

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » June 18th, 2013, 8:58 am

babash legal in country side fadda

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » June 18th, 2013, 10:11 am

I odin well for the past 10 yrs or so..

lots of trials and $$ being spent but i the end its worth it.
heres a pic of my current ROP.

Aiming for 1400bpm..

the brew itself is in high demand hence my high output.
ill start distributing locally soon.

nympho
Street 2NR

Postby nympho » June 18th, 2013, 11:05 am

i made some wine a while a back , got a pig tail bucket , warm water , sugar and some rice with the paddy " husks " also i used a pineapple with out the skin mixed all using the warm water and made a mixture also i used a " carboy" which is a large vessel and i bought an air lock fliter by a place called kitsons in pos and in abrihams i cgot some yeast called ar 12 which gives the wine a sparkling effect almost like a champane , it was worth it because when i got the 13 bottles from it i used to show off when ppl come home by me and i say " i make this " i used to feel good knowing i made this wine from simple things , however never tried it again the idea never really materialise to do it again , also if you use white sugar you does have to used " camdeen tabs " in the or aftr the 28 days so the wine will have to clear up , just taught i would tell you this ,

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » June 18th, 2013, 11:08 am

nympho wrote:i made some wine a while a back , got a pig tail bucket , warm water , sugar and some rice with the paddy " husks " also i used a pineapple with out the skin mixed all using the warm water and made a mixture also i used a " carboy" which is a large vessel and i bought an air lock fliter by a place called kitsons in pos and in abrihams i cgot some yeast called ar 12 which gives the wine a sparkling effect almost like a champane , it was worth it because when i got the 13 bottles from it i used to show off when ppl come home by me and i say " i make this " i used to feel good knowing i made this wine from simple things , however never tried it again the idea never really materialise to do it again , also if you use white sugar you does have to used " camdeen tabs " in the or aftr the 28 days so the wine will have to clear up , just taught i would tell you this ,

Every where i go someone making wine...No buisness for me..
Seems that trinidad might be too small..

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Morfire you brewing beer? Im gonna start brewing beer, wait for the equipment to ship in.

you get all of your grains and supplies online, just ship it in!

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 22nd, 2014, 4:54 pm

Lemme know the price/brand of the home beer brewing kit. I have some ideas to experiment with

bluesteel29
Shifting into 6th

Postby bluesteel29 » January 22nd, 2014, 4:55 pm

huh criminals dese days lawless oui

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 22nd, 2014, 5:06 pm

Suddenly I am thirsty

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » January 22nd, 2014, 5:29 pm

anyone who grew up on carib/stag most likely would not like other beer types

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » January 22nd, 2014, 5:32 pm

I have tasted many beers, from all over the world. Nothing will be better than a beastly cold Stag. Carib is second to it. The rich flavor, with a bitter bite. A beer made for a warrior, warlord and king. I believe Stag, in my view, is the best beer. Anything else is for cats.

rodfarva
Riding on 17's

Postby rodfarva » January 22nd, 2014, 5:37 pm

First beer I ever drank was stag...stuck with that until I discovered that there are much better beers out there.

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » January 22nd, 2014, 5:39 pm

Kal-El Ward wrote:I have tasted many beers, from all over the world. Nothing will be better than a beastly cold Stag. Carib is second to it. The rich flavor, with a bitter bite. A beer made for a warrior, warlord and king. I believe Stag, in my view, is the best beer. Anything else is for cats.

You looking like you does put stag advertisement together :lol: :lol: .

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » January 22nd, 2014, 5:43 pm

Kal-El Ward wrote:I have tasted many beers, from all over the world. Nothing will be better than a beastly cold Stag. Carib is second to it. The rich flavor, with a bitter bite. A beer made for a warrior, warlord and king. I believe Stag, in my view, is the best beer. Anything else is for cats.

said the man who only drink pale lagers.... :lol: :lol:
In the US they say pale lagers are for women..

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Postby Richard Marshall » January 22nd, 2014, 5:45 pm

:D:D:D

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 22nd, 2014, 6:06 pm

You can go anywhere from buying retrofitted coolers for mashing grains to all the way up to a good set up that will automatically control the temperatures for producing wort. Gets really expensive tho.

If you just wanna mess around you can start off with extract brewing and they sell you concentrated wort and you just boil with hops and bottle and you got beer.

Main problem you will face tho is temperature control ... brewing good beer needs like 20 degrees for ales and all the way down to 7 degress for larger fermentation

This is the video that got me interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCW-SVPCw4Y

and home brew online stores
http://www.northernbrewer.com/
http://morebeer.com/

If anyone gets into this keep in touch would be interesting to keep in touch with like minds!

TOYOTAGirlz
Street 2NR

Postby TOYOTAGirlz » January 22nd, 2014, 6:20 pm

steups clearly u never taste proper beer any 1 who has traveled alot will tell u carib and stag is horrible beer

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 22nd, 2014, 6:37 pm

Falcon crest still brewing down in new grant, best bush to start up any car

pluggie
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pluggie » January 23rd, 2014, 1:34 am

TOYOTAGirlz wrote:

steups clearly u never taste proper beer any 1 who has traveled alot will tell u carib and stag is horrible beer

Carib and Stag are very horrible beers for people that is not accustomed to it or grown out of it. Its something like your mothers food, its always the best food because its a taste you grew up with and its part of you... But nevertheless I usually can't wait to have some cold stag when I visit Trinidad however after my first stag at the airport I quickly switch to amstel bright , corona or coors :drinking:

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » January 23rd, 2014, 4:16 am

pluggie wrote:
TOYOTAGirlz wrote:

Carib and Stag are very horrible beers for people that is not accustomed to it or grown out of it. Its something like your mothers food, its always the best food because its a taste you grew up with and its part of you... But nevertheless I usually can't wait to have some cold stag when I visit Trinidad however after my first stag at the airport I quickly switch to amstel bright , corona or coors :drinking:

Agree with this, but I stick with the Stag it just takes a few days to get used to it, to be honest its no different when I go to any other country I tend to drink the local stuff where possible and that usually takes a day or 2 to get used to.

As for home brewey...I have a dozen odd bottles of Perry and Cidre we made last year using fruit from the neighbourhood we fermented with champagne yeast which created a very fine bubble. Measured in at above 9% and though very crisp and light I can only manage a small glass before Ive had enough.

MAybe ill try Ale this year if I have time :?)

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » January 23rd, 2014, 6:31 am

TOYOTAGirlz wrote:

wut? What u smoking?

Next thing allyuh go say, any one who traveled alot will tell you Trinidad has horrible cheap rum too bai

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » January 23rd, 2014, 6:59 am

I don't drink but i personally know guys who come down florida,montauk to Trinidad for tarpon fishing and the first thing they want is caribbean beer aka carib/ stag.

pluggie
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pluggie » January 23rd, 2014, 7:51 am

SMc wrote: Agree with this, but I stick with the Stag it just takes a few days to get used to it, to be honest its no different when I go to any other country I tend to drink the local stuff where possible and that usually takes a day or 2 to get used to.

True but I've noticed especially within the last few years that sometimes the stag taste differs alot depending on the batch maybe... like sometimes even a carib would taste better than a stag (this is very rare though) :lol:
I must end in saying ; there is not much things in this world better than a beastly cold stag with a hot bake and shark
*wipes drooll*

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 23rd, 2014, 9:15 am

Carib and stag does taste good sometimes ... They have no quality control. Sometimes you crack open one and its not bad then you open another and you think "now I finally know what horse piss tastes like". Carib in Grenada actually has a more standard taste, no surprises when you open one.

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » January 23rd, 2014, 9:26 am

rodfarva wrote:First beer I ever drank was stag...stuck with that until I discovered that there are much better beers out there.

yea like carib

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 23rd, 2014, 9:45 am

Never liked Stag.
Carib is good, but after I've sampled microbrewed beers from north and south america - meh, local beers suck

Love dark beers now tho. MMmmmmmmm

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 23rd, 2014, 10:57 am

Ever make a pass by V&J brauhaus ?

German guy set up a beer garden in POS, real good wheat beer and other styles from Bavaria.
He currently changing location so he closed down for a bit.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » August 5th, 2014, 4:21 pm

The first brew! German pilsner malt, ale yeast, with German hops.
Tasting pretty light with a mild bitterness
Attachments
1407270084821.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”