Read the fine Print on your Service Form

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Read the fine Print on your Service Form

Postby kamakazi » November 18th, 2013, 10:30 am

Good Morning fellow tuners.

I am going to transcribe what is written at the Base of the Service form, from TTTL, that one is asked to sign when they bring in their vehicle for service.

EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES
Any warranties on the parts and accessories sold hereby are made by the manufacturer. The undersigned purchaser understands and agrees that dealer makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, and disclaims all warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with regard to the parts and/or accessories purchased; and that in no event shall the dealer be liable for incidental or consequential damages or commercial losses arising out of such purchase. The undersigned purchaser further agrees that the warranties excluded by dealer , include but are not limited to any warranties that such parts and/or accessories are of merchantable quality or that they will enable any vehicle or any of its systems to perform with reasonable safety, efficiency, or comfort.

AUTHORIZATION FOR REPAIRS
I hereby authorize the repair work herein set forth to be done along with the necessary material and agree that you are not responsible for loss or damage to vehicle or articles left in vehicle in case of fire, theft or any other cause beyond your control or for any delays caused by unavailability of parts or delays in parts shipments by the supplier or transporter. I hereby grant you and/or your employees permission to operate the vehicle herein described on streets, highways or elsewhere for the purpose of testing and/or inspection. An express mechanic's lien is hereby acknowledged on above vehicle to secure the amount of repairs thereto. The dealership is not responsible for damages from freezing due to lack of antifreeze.

Please be advised

I do not know if there is any such fine print on the form at any other dealerships but would like to know

Regards

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: Read the fine Print on your Service Form

Postby MG Man » November 18th, 2013, 11:38 am

you bought a toyota

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » November 18th, 2013, 12:35 pm

MG Man wrote:you bought a toyota

Congrats OPie!!

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 18th, 2013, 12:36 pm

hard luck OP

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 18th, 2013, 2:19 pm

gastly369 wrote:

hard luck OP

lol.

Mom's has a Toyota as well as my old man...They make good reliable vehicles....most of the Toyota magic has disappeared though(I'm talking about the era during the Japanese horsepower wars and where racing was in the blood - an era where the Corolla GT, Celica GT4, MR2 and the Supra as well as the TRD 2000GT and TRD 3000GT were finely crafted works of metal). The AE86 deserves a mention because it was affordable fun at the time.
They are trying to rekindle the magic with the FR-S ....but the dealership down here will make you want to scrape paint off the wall
Them people is something else...not everybody who works there...but most of them boy. You swear they vex with you for purchasing the vehicle...like you shouldn't be able to afford a car, that is clearly not a luxury vehicle, from them. Honda is worse when it comes to pricing but that is another story.

Yes. I bought a Toyota...and its an oil burner :oops: , and its the dead horse of oil burners :( but its going to be reliable cause I might very well end up doing the service on it myself just like i used to do on the Honda and the other Toyotas in the family

After reading that fine print I hold my head and shed a tear for those who don't have a good mechanic or can't do the service themselves.

Warranty you ask...what warranty

Invisible
Sweet on this forum

Postby Invisible » November 18th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Toyota is the worst IMO. Had a warranty issue with them already. Very unprofessional. (South Branch).

Overall what was said basically is that if you miss "a" service then ur warranty can be voided at their whim and fancy.

It was just some flaking clear coat so I did it myself. Would never purchase a vehicle from the local dealership again.

But to each his own, the fool that denied me my warranty fix was soon fired.

JoKeR1980
punchin NOS

Postby JoKeR1980 » November 18th, 2013, 3:13 pm

feel free to PM and complain *shrugs*

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2065

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 18th, 2013, 7:23 pm

i don't think it would make a difference if i complain to them...my purpose was just to highlight what i read on the service document and to find out if any such "Disclaimer" is written on the service sheet at any other dealership..in fine print

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 18th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Invisible wrote:Toyota is the worst IMO. Had a warranty issue with them already. Very unprofessional. (South Branch).

Overall what was said basically is that if you miss "a" service then ur warranty can be voided at their whim and fancy.

It was just some flaking clear coat so I did it myself. Would never purchase a vehicle from the local dealership again.

an employee made a bad decision to not honour your warranty and perhaps others and the company fired him. How does that make the entire company "the worst" and "very unprofessional"?

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » November 18th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Invisible wrote:Toyota is the worst IMO. Had a warranty issue with them already. Very unprofessional. (South Branch).

an employee made a bad decision to not honour your warranty and perhaps others and the company fired him. How does that make the entire company "the worst" and "very unprofessional"?

If management noticed the discrepancies by that employee and acted upon it, wouldnt the professional thing to do is contact the affected customers and aware them of a change in contract between each party?

Also had the "miss a service, warranty void" issue but it was requested I pay an additional fee. Never returned.

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » November 18th, 2013, 7:53 pm

*scrolls up, sees tttl banner, shuts the fk up*

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 18th, 2013, 8:09 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:*scrolls up, sees tttl banner, shuts the fk up*
that ad don't have anything to do with it - just trying to understand if he has another reason for the claim he made or just made a blanket statement

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 18th, 2013, 8:13 pm

kurpal_v2 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

If management noticed the discrepancies by that employee and acted upon it, wouldnt the professional thing to do is contact the affected customers and aware them of a change in contract between each party?
yup agreed. The customer knew about the employee being fired but didn't say where he heard that from. Also that is based on if the company knew of every case the employee acted badly on.

Alot of people do not escalate a report of bad service to upper management; instead they just complain among their friends and perpetuate a bad name - all of which does not help to fix the problem for future customers.

Rallyfignis
Shifting into 6th

Postby Rallyfignis » November 19th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Nissan once wanted to void my warranty because I had "missed a service" with them, not realising what little mileage I put on my truck at that time - they were just watching the time frame between services.
Spoke to the right people and got the issue resolved without much further conflict.
Duane is right, and it's something my brother always says as a business owner - if people do not tell upper management about their problems, most of the time they are not aware of any issues and therefore cannot fix them...

On the OP though, it seems as though TTTL void your warranty even when you do service by them, WTF?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 19th, 2013, 6:08 pm

You should send it to Consumer Affairs and ask them if what TTTL is doing is right. Consumer Affairs would look into your case. Neal and Massy kept my car for an extraordinary length of time to do a clutch replacement (special order car = special order replacement clutch according to N&M), botched up the first replacement which I had to paid for (they said that the clutch was a non-warranty item), and then had the gall to tell me I had to pay for the second clutch/pressure plate/ release bearing replacement. I sent my case with all supporting documentation to Consumer Affairs. When they got involved, N&M's top management also got involved and sorted my issue out fairly quickly.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 21st, 2013, 9:07 am

Rallyfignis wrote:On the OP though, it seems as though TTTL void your warranty even when you do service by them, WTF?

Actually going from what the OP posted TTTL has exempted themselves from having to honor any & all responsibility to the owner of a vehicle they sell. Including any and all warranties from the manufacturer be they written or implied, & any responsibility for any damage, abuse or theft occurring to said vehicle left in their care for whatever purpose at any time after.

so if the brakes fail on yuh brand new car,& you crash & you get injured from the vehicle being defective, doh watch we. go complain to toyota in japan

in trini speech "we dun geh yuh money, now go fcuk yuhself"

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » November 21st, 2013, 10:39 pm

LM once told me that if i miss my service with them warranty would be voided as well...

Rallyfignis
Shifting into 6th

Postby Rallyfignis » November 22nd, 2013, 10:54 am

88sins wrote:
Rallyfignis wrote:On the OP though, it seems as though TTTL void your warranty even when you do service by them, WTF?

Actually going from what the OP posted TTTL has exempted themselves from having to honor any & all responsibility to the owner of a vehicle they sell. Including any and all warranties from the manufacturer be they written or implied, & any responsibility for any damage, abuse or theft occurring to said vehicle left in their care for whatever purpose at any time after.

so if the brakes fail on yuh brand new car,& you crash & you get injured from the vehicle being defective, doh watch we. go complain to toyota in japan

in trini speech "we dun geh yuh money, now go fcuk yuhself"

Exactly.

Which, at best, is HIGHLY unethical and at worst, illegal.
If it is that I am reading and understanding the fine print correctly.

Reading and understanding were never strong points of mine though, so I may stand to be corrected.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 22nd, 2013, 12:13 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:LM once told me that if i miss my service with them warranty would be voided as well...

dunno why people see that as a problem
You can't expect to skip preventative maintenance and then want jostiss if something goes wrong :-/

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 22nd, 2013, 12:20 pm

Only one thing would straighten them out (and others with similar ideas) long term, & that is a properly executed boycott on a national level. Let them experience going from high profits to serious losses within a quarter, & be aware of why there was a cessation/drastic decrease in sales & yuh would see how quick they'd alter their perception of their actions.

But sadly, trini's as a collective take too much bs to their detriment, & ask for seconds with a smile please.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 22nd, 2013, 12:34 pm

MG Man wrote:dunno why people see that as a problem
You can't expect to skip preventative maintenance and then want jostiss if something goes wrong :-/

their preventive maintenance is a has no a bleeding thing to do with warranty, & everything to do with them rapin yuh pocket AFTER the sale.

Most times the exact same parts & products dealers use to service your vehicle can be located at retailers elsewhere for far less than the dealer charges.

& they mean to rob yuh on a schedule, that's why they say every X months instead of going by mileage.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 22nd, 2013, 1:46 pm

never been to a dealer that went strictly by time and not mileage...keeping in mind if you don't do 10,000 kms on your car for a year, you should still do things like change the oil....at least on a quarterly basis

Invisible
Sweet on this forum

Postby Invisible » November 22nd, 2013, 1:51 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

I understand what ur saying, but this is just a summary of the event. It was over the course of a year I mentioned to them about that paint issue. They said that their supervisor needed to authorize the body shop repairs, but apparently he's never around.

It was the last time I brought it up the guy said that he not seeing on their system I reported anything and that anyway I off of warrantee and my warrantee void long time since I missed a couple services. I told him that I did, in fact, one of the techs there said that he saw me make that same report a while back.

I told the guy that I made my report and it isn't any fault of mine that the person didn't enter it.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 22nd, 2013, 2:33 pm

Invisible wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

I understand what ur saying, but this is just a summary of the event. It was over the course of a year I mentioned to them about that paint issue. They said that their supervisor needed to authorize the body shop repairs, but apparently he's never around.

It was the last time I brought it up the guy said that he not seeing on their system I reported anything and that anyway I off of warrantee and my warrantee void long time since I missed a couple services. I told him that I did, in fact, one of the techs there said that he saw me make that same report a while back.

I told the guy that I made my report and it isn't any fault of mine that the person didn't enter it.
did you attempt to escalate it with a senior manager or company director?

Invisible
Sweet on this forum

Postby Invisible » November 22nd, 2013, 2:49 pm

^^^
Just didn't bother.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 23rd, 2013, 1:55 am

I find it very difficult to accept that management doesn't know what's going on...either that or they turn a blind eye once they are making a profit. Who do you think was responsible for putting that fine print on the document in the first place.
I requested a list for what is done at each service and you can clearly see that someone doesn't know the parts they are talking about. They mentioned that they will "inspect CV booths". That piece of paper alone discouraged me, and they hand this out to everyone who asks for it and its sad that no one there has discovered the error yet.

When people spend that kinda money on a service you think they using fancy tools and machine on your car...well i personally observed an apple j bottle being used to bleed brakes; nothing wrong with using the bottle but i could do that job and buy two more apple J to drink myself :)

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”