this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby daxt0r » June 26th, 2020, 11:16 am

blue sky sen email to say they stop consolidation service :/
well back to web src for me.

anyone have any suggestions for sea an sky services preferably with consolidation?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » June 26th, 2020, 11:50 pm

Websource customers...how the prices looking?

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby altec » June 26th, 2020, 11:52 pm

Seaboxtt consolidate packages totaling over 25lbs

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » June 29th, 2020, 10:33 am

Websource prices look the same..

Package arrived by them last Saturday, was ready for collection Thursday.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 29th, 2020, 3:11 pm

I realized you don't get hit with unfair charges if all official documentation is provided.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » June 29th, 2020, 4:39 pm

Very true.

I have found that the prices to clear are not all that bad, albeit slightly more than I would have paid for prior to all these customs issues.

The only negative is the length of time or takes to get the item in hand once delivered to the sky box.

Even tho prices may be more, shopping online offers a wide variety and less headache than driving around to find an item at the best price. So for me, I consider that to be an added benefit despite any price increases.
VexXx Dogg wrote:I realized you don't get hit with unfair charges if all official documentation is provided.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » June 30th, 2020, 6:54 am

Even with official documentation, customs still adding like 5-10us which trickling down in all the taxes and duties.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 30th, 2020, 12:57 pm

daxt0r wrote:blue sky sen email to say they stop consolidation service :/
well back to web src for me.

anyone have any suggestions for sea an sky services preferably with consolidation?
Foxx Eshopper Express does consolidation for up to 5 packages.

They down to one incoming flight per week though, and sometimes even that flight not always on time.

If you ordering stuff that you don't need in a hurry, check them out.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » June 30th, 2020, 7:52 pm

boy well da come like bluesky right now, best i jus stick wit web src eh, at least dey fast an cheep and just bite d bullet and pay for multiple separate packages :/

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 2nd, 2020, 9:52 am

i getting real fed up of tropical express yes...not only are things taking forever to reach but they coming opened up as well...business owners using them to ship right now beware....

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » July 2nd, 2020, 10:03 am

Seabox raise their rates: $16.95 per lb, 1 to 100 lbs, $14.17 per lb 100 to 200 lbs

From August 1

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » July 2nd, 2020, 11:06 am

package delivered to jb on monday....available for pickup today....

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 2nd, 2020, 11:21 am

And they stop their "ocean freight" as of yesterday

TE MC
casper wrote:i getting real fed up of tropical express yes...not only are things taking forever to reach but they coming opened up as well...business owners using them to ship right now beware....

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 3rd, 2020, 5:20 am

daxt0r wrote:boy well da come like bluesky right now, best i jus stick wit web src eh, at least dey fast an cheep and just bite d bullet and pay for multiple separate packages :/
I have a package that invoice almost 2 weeks ago and can't get it, go by the office, they say the driver have it, call the driver, he say it dropping it, never comes, worse yet consolidation gone, I now jump across to aeropost with that one yes, Tuesday it supposed to reach Miami, will see how long they take to clear

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » July 3rd, 2020, 1:42 pm

Alot of people was recommending their service so I was going and ship some items with them through ocean freight but lately all I seeing is negative reviews,so I still looking for a reliable ocean freight service.
*KRONIK* wrote:And they stop their "ocean freight" as of yesterday

TE MC
casper wrote:i getting real fed up of tropical express yes...not only are things taking forever to reach but they coming opened up as well...business owners using them to ship right now beware....

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 3rd, 2020, 3:28 pm

Ordered some seals for a jack last Thursday. Reached Miami Tuesday and collected today. Trincargo still seems good.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 3rd, 2020, 5:29 pm

Dont
They in a mess
supercharged turbo wrote:Alot of people was recommending their service so I was going and ship some items with them through ocean freight but lately all I seeing is negative reviews,so I still looking for a reliable ocean freight service.
*KRONIK* wrote:And they stop their "ocean freight" as of yesterday

TE MC

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 3rd, 2020, 6:16 pm

These days you cant blame courier companies yes. Everyone is hit and miss.

Regular consumer flights arent flying anymore so where plenty of the the companies would have bought cargo space on a incoming flight they cant.

They have to wait for specific cargo flights.

And then the price gone up so they waiting and consolidating large shipments instead of shipping everyday. Everyone ordering less so to consolidate a large shipment taking longer....

Then is a fight to get your goods into a cargo flight.

Then when it land here...customs is all sort of dred flabbergastery......

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 3rd, 2020, 6:18 pm

I try to send some stuff to China with dhl 2 weeks ago and chinese customs send it back.

I went ttpost to try and send it with their EMS delivery or parcel post and it's been completely suspended until further notice.

Shipping on the whole is screwed worldwide

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 3rd, 2020, 8:10 pm

Your specific cargo flights are mostly and mainly Amerijet and they are still flying.

venom21
Street 2NR

Postby venom21 » July 9th, 2020, 4:21 pm

Courier companies, customers being crushed by Customs taxes

https://trinidadexpress.com/courier-com ... 7Z4rFp_hv8

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 9th, 2020, 4:37 pm

Imbert in glee. That online purchasing tax and more schemes finally coming to its fruition. We must buy low quality local from the 1% at 300% markup!

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » July 9th, 2020, 9:01 pm

venom21 wrote:Courier companies, customers being crushed by Customs taxes

Dozens of courier companies say they are facing obsoletion and thousands of their workers, job losses, because of high import taxes and other new “laws” being imposed by the Customs and Excise Division of the Ministry of Finance. “They’re crippling the courier industry,” a group of companies told the Express, asking for anonymity because of fear of victimisation. They said they are now seeking legal advice on the matter, insisting changes in the way they do business must pass through Parliament.

They said import taxes being charged on products are so high that a customer who previously paid $600 for a lap top, for instance, now has to pay $1,100. Noting that “claims are being made they are damaging the business sector”, a spokesman for the group said, new “laws” are brought every Monday morning.

“We are just called in and made to sign the document. We even got a contract recently that stated we can be put out of business at any time.” The “new laws” include no more than 5,000 packages will be cleared for the day and no item weighing more than 44 pounds can be cleared by a courier company on behalf of the customer.

Customers will now have to come in and clear their items for themselves. “One courier company alone may bring in 5,000 packages. “This means other companies will have to wait for days to get their cargo cleared, paying high rental and storage fees.

“They’re also doing more examination of packages and what would have taken a few hours would take days sometimes. “Sometimes, there is no available storage space and the goods are left out in the open. “Many companies have goods that are rain damaged right now and we have to cover the cost.”

The companies said increased import taxes and storage fees have increased their expenses by about 35 percent.

“For the month, I now sometimes spend between $10,000 and $20,000 extra.” The spokesman said if a customer orders goods from abroad weighing more than 44 pounds they will have to clear it themselves at Customs.

“This, as well as the delays, eliminate courier companies. The purpose of courier companies is to deliver goods to customers quickly.” One company owner said a customer came to his office crying recently because she could not get items for special needs children. “There are others who cannot get medication they ordered from abroad on time.”

The spokesman said they partner with Caribbean Airlines (CAL) and making them obsolete can impact the national airline. “Right now, CAL’s cargo is the main airline carrying courier cargo. Limiting the amount of cargo we can bring in will mean decreased revenue for CAL.”

They said there are around 40 courier companies operating in T&T and they hire thousands of office workers, delivery drivers and airport handlers. “Online shopping has shot up over the last six years and increased during the Covid-19 lockdown. “It’s a big and growing industry. We don’t know who’s trying to put us out of business. “Are we going to see one big new courier company emerging?”

The companies said when the Government introduced a seven percent online shipping tax in the 2019 budget they went ahead and paid it. “But these new measures are putting us out of business.”

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 9th, 2020, 9:14 pm

that 44 pounds thing makes sense. Any air freight package weighing over 44lbs is probably going to have some value or be in commercial quantities, and should be evaluated by a customs officer. Small 1lb packages can have value too, but you're looking for a needle in the haystack at that point. That's not ideal and I understand that, but the government needs tax revenue.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 9th, 2020, 9:46 pm

abducted wrote:
venom21 wrote:Courier companies, customers being crushed by Customs taxes

Dozens of courier companies say they are facing obsoletion and thousands of their workers, job losses, because of high import taxes and other new “laws” being imposed by the Customs and Excise Division of the Ministry of Finance. “They’re crippling the courier industry,” a group of companies told the Express, asking for anonymity because of fear of victimisation. They said they are now seeking legal advice on the matter, insisting changes in the way they do business must pass through Parliament.

They said import taxes being charged on products are so high that a customer who previously paid $600 for a lap top, for instance, now has to pay $1,100. Noting that “claims are being made they are damaging the business sector”, a spokesman for the group said, new “laws” are brought every Monday morning.

“We are just called in and made to sign the document. We even got a contract recently that stated we can be put out of business at any time.” The “new laws” include no more than 5,000 packages will be cleared for the day and no item weighing more than 44 pounds can be cleared by a courier company on behalf of the customer.

Customers will now have to come in and clear their items for themselves. “One courier company alone may bring in 5,000 packages. “This means other companies will have to wait for days to get their cargo cleared, paying high rental and storage fees.

“They’re also doing more examination of packages and what would have taken a few hours would take days sometimes. “Sometimes, there is no available storage space and the goods are left out in the open. “Many companies have goods that are rain damaged right now and we have to cover the cost.”

The companies said increased import taxes and storage fees have increased their expenses by about 35 percent.

“For the month, I now sometimes spend between $10,000 and $20,000 extra.” The spokesman said if a customer orders goods from abroad weighing more than 44 pounds they will have to clear it themselves at Customs.

“This, as well as the delays, eliminate courier companies. The purpose of courier companies is to deliver goods to customers quickly.” One company owner said a customer came to his office crying recently because she could not get items for special needs children. “There are others who cannot get medication they ordered from abroad on time.”

The spokesman said they partner with Caribbean Airlines (CAL) and making them obsolete can impact the national airline. “Right now, CAL’s cargo is the main airline carrying courier cargo. Limiting the amount of cargo we can bring in will mean decreased revenue for CAL.”

They said there are around 40 courier companies operating in T&T and they hire thousands of office workers, delivery drivers and airport handlers. “Online shopping has shot up over the last six years and increased during the Covid-19 lockdown. “It’s a big and growing industry. We don’t know who’s trying to put us out of business. “Are we going to see one big new courier company emerging?”

The companies said when the Government introduced a seven percent online shipping tax in the 2019 budget they went ahead and paid it. “But these new measures are putting us out of business.”
I hope they know who to vote for now.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » July 9th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Screenshot_20200709_235404.jpeg

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » July 10th, 2020, 12:10 am

gastly369 wrote:.
Arent watches 30% duty? A watch valued at 450us will incur such charges but the unaware cyaking

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » July 10th, 2020, 12:39 am

Yeeep
hustla_ambition101 wrote:
gastly369 wrote:.
Arent watches 30% duty? A watch valued at 450us will incur such charges but the unaware cyaking

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 10th, 2020, 3:24 am

Fuel charge?

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 10th, 2020, 3:48 am

WTF is misc fees? is that lunch and dinner for the custom officer who clear the item? or is that gas money, lunch, d pen TE use to write with, the covid mask, doubles for all the staff at tropical express or a Rooster tax for the house? how the fuq they cud charge $100 for misc and doh tell you what it is ?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”