this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Death_ride
3NE 2NR for life

Re: RE: Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby Death_ride » October 23rd, 2016, 9:50 pm

bluesclues wrote:
neexis wrote:
bluesclues wrote:I have confirmation from tropical express couriers that the seabox service is unaffected by the 7% tax. Will try to get official confirmation from seabox tomorrow.

What do you need to confirm? OPT applies to air freight. Unless seabox flying those cargo ships in.

I need to confirm the interpretation of the statements made in the tax collections ammendment. Whether they are working in conjunction or independently.

Example
1)Ppl who use air freight have to pay the tax
2)Consumers who make purchase via an electronic transaction have to pay the tax

Does that mean that even tho u use sea freight, u still have to pay the tax because ur a consumer, or because u made the purchase electronically.. or both. Hope im not opening a can of worms.

But thats just how i roll. I want official confirmation from seabox before i make my next order and place it with them. Will probably also call finance ministry and interrogate them on the wording, intention and interpretation of this tax.. and even, get itheir explanation in writing if possible.

Homie is not playing, does not play.

Taking this into consideration, the electronic transaction is what exactly? Does it mean using your credit card?

I See exemptions for shipping via sea, but someone stated to me that if i use my credit card to make the purchase it still applies to being taxed.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby bluesclues » October 24th, 2016, 5:19 am

Death_ride wrote:
bluesclues wrote:
neexis wrote:
bluesclues wrote:I have confirmation from tropical express couriers that the seabox service is unaffected by the 7% tax. Will try to get official confirmation from seabox tomorrow.

What do you need to confirm? OPT applies to air freight. Unless seabox flying those cargo ships in.

I need to confirm the interpretation of the statements made in the tax collections ammendment. Whether they are working in conjunction or independently.

Example
1)Ppl who use air freight have to pay the tax
2)Consumers who make purchase via an electronic transaction have to pay the tax

Does that mean that even tho u use sea freight, u still have to pay the tax because ur a consumer, or because u made the purchase electronically.. or both. Hope im not opening a can of worms.

But thats just how i roll. I want official confirmation from seabox before i make my next order and place it with them. Will probably also call finance ministry and interrogate them on the wording, intention and interpretation of this tax.. and even, get itheir explanation in writing if possible.

Homie is not playing, does not play.

Taking this into consideration, the electronic transaction is what exactly? Does it mean using your credit card?

I See exemptions for shipping via sea, but someone stated to me that if i use my credit card to make the purchase it still applies to being taxed.

Electronic transaction i feel is meant to incorporate creditcard, bank wire and paypal.. and well they have been charging for items purchased with bitcoin and all. Our fking customs charges for fking gifts and all..

I tell allyuh this country must have real sinned to deserve this pnm government. What curse upon this land the pnm is.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby bluesclues » October 24th, 2016, 9:26 am

The tax currently does not apply to users of seaboxtt service.

But may be subject to change :|

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 25th, 2016, 2:10 pm

btw if you purchase items abroad and ship it yourself or if relatives ship items to you (air freight)
will this tax apply? seeing as you didnt purchase online

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » October 25th, 2016, 7:12 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:btw if you purchase items abroad and ship it yourself or if relatives ship items to you (air freight)
will this tax apply? seeing as you didnt purchase online

Apparently still applies if you using air freight

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 25th, 2016, 8:01 pm

Only way to avoid paying the tax is to clear the goods yourself. Got quoted 45c/kg/day to bond goods and well you have to pay a broker etc. Normally you need to have caricom invoice etc but I'll let ya know what happens next time we bring stuff.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 25th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Anybody here ever use Seabox tt? are they trustworthy? worth taking the chance?

Does it work exactly like a skybox?

Is there a minimum weight and or size you have to buy to purchase with them?

If a monitor costs $74 US by Air "Mainly because of Amazon stupid packaging size" how much less we talking about to ship this by sea?

Is the picture of that boat their boat? looks like a seriously large boat. How long they taking to full that to send it out? how much weeks will we be waiting for it to arrive?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 25th, 2016, 8:20 pm

I normally use Transexpress as my Skybox but the only thing I don't like is when Amazon start with their dotishness and their undocumented Mexican workers packing small items in Fridge Box and all kinda assness.
To pay that kinda money to ship nothing but air bags is just ridiculous.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 25th, 2016, 8:31 pm

so wait.. VAT on duty and VAT on OPT? what madness!

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 25th, 2016, 8:37 pm

redmanjp wrote:so wait.. VAT on duty and VAT on OPT? what madness!

Yup, Imbert basically put everybody between an anus and a hard penis.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 25th, 2016, 10:04 pm

ED you serious?? Their boat?? They would be filling 20 or 40 foot containers in Miami with the goods to be shipped here. Shipments leave every week. :/

neexis
Riding on 18's

Postby neexis » October 26th, 2016, 10:47 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Is the picture of that boat their boat? looks like a seriously large boat. How long they taking to full that to send it out? how much weeks will we be waiting for it to arrive?

Not sure if trolling or stupid..

Search seabox in this thread and you should get your answers

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 26th, 2016, 10:57 am

neexis wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Is the picture of that boat their boat? looks like a seriously large boat. How long they taking to full that to send it out? how much weeks will we be waiting for it to arrive?

Not sure if trolling or stupid..

Search seabox in this thread and you should get your answers

stupid

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 26th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Got my 1st OPT item today

Dewalt battery i paid US$35
Cost $82 to ship/customs/OPT.

The OPT was $5.57.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » October 26th, 2016, 3:58 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:Got my 1st OPT item today

The OPT was $5.57.

Obviously u got under-billed because 7% of 35usd is certainly not 5.57ttd.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 26th, 2016, 4:03 pm

bluesclues wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Got my 1st OPT item today

The OPT was $5.57.

Obviously u got under-billed because 7% of 35usd is certainly not 5.57ttd.

Yeah....with WS is rel hit and miss...
Sometime you come out good...other times you feel to drink lannate

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » October 26th, 2016, 4:09 pm

How come only some companies are hit and miss though? Maybe gov't should have cracked down on those slipshod companies instead of taxing everyone. Guess it was the easiest thing for them to do.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 26th, 2016, 4:37 pm

^ A lot of skybox doesn't pay these taxes. They simply work out a deal with customs, a man will eat a food. And it will clear for a special fee, but they will charge us the price. So even if you paying $700 tax on a phone it does not mean you are giving this to the government.

They just pay 1 price to clear 1 container this is how its often often done.

But yes it sucks we will be paying this 7% now and most of it won't even be going to the government.

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » October 26th, 2016, 4:39 pm

tourniquet wrote:How come only some companies are hit and miss though? Maybe gov't should have cracked down on those slipshod companies instead of taxing everyone. Guess it was the easiest thing for them to do.

I don't think its the companies that are hit and miss, they're not calculating duties vat and opt, it's customs themselves.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » October 26th, 2016, 4:58 pm

2NR Smurf wrote:
tourniquet wrote:How come only some companies are hit and miss though? Maybe gov't should have cracked down on those slipshod companies instead of taxing everyone. Guess it was the easiest thing for them to do.

I don't think its the companies that are hit and miss, they're not calculating duties vat and opt, it's customs themselves.

I get that, but how come I've never experienced that with IBC? I know others have mentioned legit invoices with their couriers as well. Seems all too convenient that customs makes mistakes with some companies and not others.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » October 26th, 2016, 5:08 pm

A breakdown of a metal piece I ordered the other day, weighed .4kg

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby bluesclues » October 26th, 2016, 5:12 pm

tourniquet wrote:
2NR Smurf wrote:

I get that, but how come I've never experienced that with IBC? I know others have mentioned legit invoices with their couriers as well. Seems all too convenient that customs makes mistakes with some companies and not others.

Its not that they dont. Those companies just dont ever pass on the savings to their customers. But customs uses their discretion at times and certain periods might even waive goods thru with no charge. It happens, however rarely. But u wouldnt know unless u were clearing the goods yourself.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 26th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Imbert said the main reason for this 7% is to prevent people from buying foreign goods so we can prevent foreign exchange from leaving the country.
How exactly are we going to buy microchips and iphones made in Trinidad using Trinidad technology?

Well anyways let us be grateful that technology has matured to the point where we no longer need to upgrade. We can keep stuff now a lot longer before upgrading.
What people should also do is boycott his financiers.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 26th, 2016, 7:42 pm

2NR Smurf wrote:

Agreed.

Beacuse most of the times the customs and duties are normal.

The item i ordered was a "new" item but not in any retail packaging.

It was just bubble wrapped and sent in an envelope.

So freight was for 0.5lb they probably charged minimum on the customs/duties as it probably looked used.

Jewlicious
Ricer

Postby Jewlicious » October 26th, 2016, 11:45 pm

Hey guys I need to ask please , the people who uses CSF couriers have you had any packages delivered to the Pompano Beach warehouse and the package was signed by PATRICK? If you have your UPS tracking number is it possible you can check? I had a package delivered last week tuesday and signed by PATRICK but up to now CSF can not tell me if they received the package or not. I contacted ups and they told me it was delivered to the correct address. CSF do not want to confirm or deny that they have a PATRICK working there. sigh

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 27th, 2016, 6:03 am

2NR Smurf wrote:

That's not how customs works. Maybe for individuals clearing a barrel but for companies they declare what they're clearing and it's up to customs to decide if it needs to be examined or if they think it's correct.

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby 2NR Smurf » October 27th, 2016, 6:19 am

pete wrote:
2NR Smurf wrote:

That's not how customs works. Maybe for individuals clearing a barrel but for companies they declare what they're clearing and it's up to customs to decide if it needs to be examined or if they think it's correct.

So what the couriers calculate duties etc for customs, for the entire shipment of packages? I always assumed they presented customs with all the invoices and customs does their thing from there.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 27th, 2016, 6:26 am

There is a computerised system called ASYCUDA which they have to put in not only all the packages but also select the correct code or type for each item in the entire shipment, state the value and the computerised system automatically calculates the duties and taxes to be paid on the shipment.

It's then up to customs and the officers to decide whether they think it's correct or they need to check it.

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » October 27th, 2016, 6:38 am

Ahh ok I learning something here.
So what really causes some items to get charged duties and others to not? Something as simple as bulbs for example, sometimes I get charged duties sometimes I'm not. But they always come in declared as Bulbs.

gurmuk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby gurmuk » October 27th, 2016, 6:57 am

Jewlicious wrote:Hey guys I need to ask please , the people who uses CSF couriers have you had any packages delivered to the Pompano Beach warehouse and the package was signed by PATRICK? If you have your UPS tracking number is it possible you can check? I had a package delivered last week tuesday and signed by PATRICK but up to now CSF can not tell me if they received the package or not. I contacted ups and they told me it was delivered to the correct address. CSF do not want to confirm or deny that they have a PATRICK working there. sigh

Not to sure about the name but this happened to me too many times. Waiting over a month sometimes for packages and it was lost in warehouse or the package was labeled for the wrong customer. Just don't use them anymore

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”