Arima Grand Prix 2014... EVENT CANCELLED

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Alain_2NR
Sweet on this forum

Arima Grand Prix 2014... EVENT CANCELLED

Postby Alain_2NR » December 29th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Good Day All,

Please be advised that the Arima Grand Prix, scheduled for Sunday 26th January, 2014 has been cancelled.

The Commissioner of Police sited as his reason for revoking approval, the fact that the area to be used for the Grand Prix was presently a "High Risk Crime Hotspot" and thus unsafe for an event of this nature. As such, the event would no longer be allowed to continue.

TTASA is sorry for any inconvenience that this cancellation will cause, but as one can see, even despite our greatest efforts, the matter is presently out of our jurisdiction.

Regards

Radha Mohammed
Hon. Sec.

Calling all Motor Enthusiasts who can remember In 1986, Trinidad & Tobago was treated to a spectacle of Motorsport that many remember as one of the greatest events they ever witnessed. The effect was so great that spectators rushed on to the roads and racing had to be stopped. So great was their passion for seeing the streets of San Fernando alive with the glorious sound of full race machines at full throttle.
The second installment of this pulsating event was scheduled once more on November 14th 2010, yet again on the streets of San Fernando, The Festival of Sport where it deemed as an triumphant success held by the organizers.
Now get ready for another high octane pulsating event, The Arima Grand Prix 2014! Scheduled on January 26th 2014 at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima.

Attached is the requirements for competitors.

ARIMA GRAND PRIX ENTRIES

CIRCUIT CARS, DRIFTING CARS AND GO KARTS

DATE - MONDAY 6TH JANUARY 2014
VENUE - MOSPORTT
TIME - 7.00PM
FEE - $400TT - INCLUDES 1/2 TENT 20X20

1. SMALL PASSPORT PHOTO OF YOU REQUIRED TO OBTAIN YOUR NATIONAL DRIVERS PERMIT
2. PASSES WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE BRIEFING MEETING AT THE LARRY GOMES STADIUM AT A DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED.
3. REGULATIONS FOR CIRCUIT CARS WILL BE PROVIDED

For further information contact any of the following:-
RACE COORDINATORS-

VISHNU MANGALSINGH - RACE DIRECTOR - TTASA TRUSTEE CHAIRMAN – 620-4461
SELWYN PERSAD - SAFETY CAR - TTASA TRUSTEE FIA/NACAM REP – 680-2083
BARRY Mc KENZIE – MARSHALLING - PRESIDENT T&T RALLY CLUB – 727-1212
NIZAM MOHAMMED - CIRCUIT- COMPETITION CHAIRMAN – TTASA – 682-3523
RAE SMITH - GO KART - PRESIDENT-T&T KARTING CLUB – 680-0730
IAN COX – DRIFTING – INTERIM PRESIDENT - T&T DRIFT ASSOCIATION – 757-1819

NB NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

ADVANCED TICKETS AVAILABLE -TT$50
Contact Jameer Ali 680-2058 / AutoNation, San Juan 674-1073 / Car Boutique, St James 622-8193
Attachments
1496511_623341664370555_484776765_o.jpg

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Arima Grand Prix 2014 Count Down

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 21st, 2014, 8:03 am

I joined this forum in an effort to add some value toward the lack and misinformation that plagues the Motor Sport community. Whilst I will not call myself an expert, but do admit to have privy to first hand information most of the time. Right information decimated in a proper and respectful context could make the difference in the perception or assumption made.

This being said, many of us have asked Motorsport questions to which has never been made clear, sometimes of lack of understanding or just plain naive.

One such question is, what the function of our Governing Body for Motor racing in T&T ? Another could be, why is there no Motorsport facility in an abundantly rich T&T ? Also why has one organisation advertising a Grand Prix on this forum requested a LOCK, so that you can't ask any questions, and why Motorsport is struggling to gain momentum and respect from Government ?

We can start there, to UNLOCK the secrets that many try to keep us uninformed and ultimately divided.

Please ask your questions here and we will find the answers together, please be mindful of respect and language, also be careful of direct allegations toward anyone. We have 6 days to go, let the count down to the 26th commence. YOUR MOVE.

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Arima Grand Prix 2014 Count Down

Postby V8 Boys » January 21st, 2014, 9:59 am

MICROTECH 7 wrote:One such question is, what the function of our Governing Body for Motor racing in T&T ? Another could be, why is there no Motorsport facility in an abundantly rich T&T ? Also why has one organisation advertising a Grand Prix on this forum requested a LOCK, so that you can't ask any questions, and why Motorsport is struggling to gain momentum and respect from Government ?

We can start there, to UNLOCK the secrets that many try to keep us uninformed and ultimately divided.

Kinda sad that something that would benefit more than JUST the organisers would have to be void of input from the public. But from what I saw goin on when they had the forum "open", where ever other post was aimed at causing dissent, discord and was usually made with an "air of arrogance" it was only a matter of time I thought that the thread would be closed to the public.

And you know what? Even though they have every right to do that...it tells me a few things...
1) That there is great discontent and distrust among the motorsport community for the "care-takers" of Motorsport TTASA.
2) That despite this evident and undeniable distrust....it does not seem to faze the holders of that office.
3) Whether this event is supported by the "discontented" or not...it will go on regardless. Which is also sad...because if those who are "steering the car" only "ask for advice and accept it" the "ride" would be a whole lot more enjoyable and beneficial for all involved.....as opposed to> "shut up and leave the driving to us".

I have had "past dealings" with TTASA....being one of the very first to sign up as "affiliates".... assisted with the Sfdo Grand Prix and was privy to the "way things were/are done".
There were some good motives at times and even some positives along the way.
BUT....because of the sheer nature of motorsport...it is only a matter of time before "morality cross-threads profits".

All I can say is that it really erks me to know that not only my efforts put into advancing T&T's quest for a World Class Facility...but the efforts of MANY before me....have gone to the wayside and it seems that we are no further along than when we first lost our FIRST HOME....Waller Field.

somehow...I feel I may have misused the term: Care-takers.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 21st, 2014, 3:35 pm

V8 Boys wrote:
MICROTECH 7 wrote:

Cliff Boy,

For the title and responsibility pronounced upon them by Parliament and by extension FIA, we all should demand and expect more. Instead we as a country settle for little or nothing at all. It could be said that the Governing body for Motorsport does not exist and supports nothing.

However, this weekend we are expected to lend our support because they having something and I want to race, without regard and yield for a more substantial relationship for T&T Motorsport.

This is only in the short term, another question is where do they take us from here ??

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » January 21st, 2014, 4:48 pm

V8 Boys wrote:
MICROTECH 7 wrote:One such question is, what the function of our Governing Body for Motor racing in T&T ? Another could be, why is there no Motorsport facility in an abundantly rich T&T ? Also why has one organisation advertising a Grand Prix on this forum requested a LOCK, so that you can't ask any questions, and why Motorsport is struggling to gain momentum and respect from Government ?

Kinda sad that something that would benefit more than JUST the organisers would have to be void of input from the public. But from what I saw goin on when they had the forum "open", where ever other post was aimed at causing dissent, discord and was usually made with an "air of arrogance" it was only a matter of time I thought that the thread would be closed to the public.

And you know what? Even though they have every right to do that...it tells me a few things...
1) That there is great discontent and distrust among the motorsport community for the "care-takers" of Motorsport TTASA.
2) That despite this evident and undeniable distrust....it does not seem to faze the holders of that office.
3) Whether this event is supported by the "discontented" or not...it will go on regardless. Which is also sad...because if those who are "steering the car" only "ask for advice and accept it" the "ride" would be a whole lot more enjoyable and beneficial for all involved.....as opposed to> "shut up and leave the driving to us".

I have had "past dealings" with TTASA....being one of the very first to sign up as "affiliates".... assisted with the Sfdo Grand Prix and was privy to the "way things were/are done".
There were some good motives at times and even some positives along the way.
BUT....because of the sheer nature of motorsport...it is only a matter of time before "morality cross-threads profits".

All I can say is that it really erks me to know that not only my efforts put into advancing T&T's quest for a World Class Facility...but the efforts of MANY before me....have gone to the wayside and it seems that we are no further along than when we first lost our FIRST HOME....Waller Field.

"morality cross-threads profits". = The Main reason we not where we supposed to be!!!

A Businessman will never understand what an actual racer wants but WE can turn the tables. They claim to be for the Motorsport cause but really in it for the cash so I call them businessmen. How can they survive if WE cut their food (Money). Their Food is the racers and spectators money and we can starve them in a strong stand which is already happening. The people are getting smarter and if we can educate the uneducated and form an Army against the businessmen we will show them who has the real power !! Some of the racers and most of the spectators either does not understand this method/move or is completely brainwashed and fooled by this form of evil. The Moneyheads/Evil has them in a ''Well we providing a place for you to race'' mentaility so in turn the uneducated Racers say ''well I getting to run meh car so thats all I care about''. You cant say ''We need a Facility'' then say ''I just wah run meh car thys all'' in the same sentence. We need to make the right choices folks ! You need to Research the background of the ones you race with first and see if its for a cause or just to make money on your head. Talk to fellow racers and see their thoughts towards that person/group because the Majority will have an idea who is who. Do not be fooled !! May the Fight continue !!!

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 21st, 2014, 5:39 pm

Who organizing this gp?

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » January 21st, 2014, 6:38 pm

inb4 carpark racers

dante1986
Sweet on this forum

Postby dante1986 » January 21st, 2014, 10:16 pm

^^ really smh

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 21st, 2014, 10:50 pm

Troll will troll

dante1986
Sweet on this forum

Postby dante1986 » January 21st, 2014, 10:56 pm

He does over do it sometimes man, could never have a proper convo gosh lol

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » January 21st, 2014, 10:59 pm

pioneer wrote:inb4 carpark racers

:lol:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 22nd, 2014, 12:14 am

everywhere in the world motorsport is operated like a business very successfully: F1, WRC, NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, BTCC, JGTC are all profitable businesses with major sponsors, huge investments and huge returns.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 22nd, 2014, 12:31 am

ah. but where the investment here? how many decades have they been investing?
the business model this far is stifle their "competition" (as ruling body they shouldn't even be putting on events) and keep no account of any revenue generated.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 22nd, 2014, 12:39 am

That's what my earlier question was about.... iirc mention was made here from a meeting held that they don't organize events etc ....

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 22nd, 2014, 12:57 am

wagonrunner wrote:ah. but where the investment here? how many decades have they been investing?
the business model this far is stifle their "competition" (as ruling body they shouldn't even be putting on events) and keep no account of any revenue generated.
my comment was not in reference to any club, but rather an observation of how things are run worldwide.

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » January 22nd, 2014, 1:00 am

tr1ad wrote:That's what my earlier question was about.... iirc mention was made here from a meeting held that they don't organize events etc ....

this

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 22nd, 2014, 1:04 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:my comment was not in reference to any club, but rather an observation of how things are run worldwide.

my comment was an observation on the different manner things are still being done in trinidad and tobago.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 22nd, 2014, 7:26 am

Here we have the opportunity to express and vent our opinions, at lease, on however the outcome.

how do we decimate vital information received responsibility. What is the safe way to walk the white in the road without being run over.

Folks, from what I was made to understand, our darkest days in Motorsport are approaching or already here. Those of you whom stage events will soon find it difficult to continue as a campaign has been launched to shut down most or even all events.

This situation will bring disbelief and even self imposed ignorance because the consensus now is that It will not affect me/us. We wait with bated breath to see who is next on the AX list ??

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » January 22nd, 2014, 7:36 am

MICROTECH 7 wrote:Here we have the opportunity to express and vent our opinions, at lease, on however the outcome.

how do we decimate vital information received responsibility. What is the safe way to walk the white in the road without being run over.

Folks, from what I was made to understand, our darkest days in Motorsport are approaching or already here. Those of you whom stage events will soon find it difficult to continue as a campaign has been launched to shut down most or even all events.

This situation will bring disbelief and even self imposed ignorance because the consensus now is that It will not affect me/us. We wait with bated breath to see who is next on the AX list ??

:shock: :?: :?:

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » January 22nd, 2014, 8:01 am

link wrote:
MICROTECH 7 wrote:Here we have the opportunity to express and vent our opinions, at lease, on however the outcome.

Really sad but can't say I didn't see this coming. Certain people want to be in charged of everything and if they can't control it, shut it down.

Sabot
Sweet on this forum

Postby Sabot » January 22nd, 2014, 8:16 am

Midnight_Demon wrote:
link wrote:

Really sad but can't say I didn't see this coming. Certain people want to be in charged of everything and if they can't control it, shut it down.

Its a sure sign of incompetence.....

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 22nd, 2014, 8:39 am

buh ent this so called governing body allegedly removed all the concrete/plastic jersey barriers along with all the wire fencing/posts from in camden , gaining access via a bolt cutter?

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » January 22nd, 2014, 8:58 am

so who going with placards at the event ??

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 22nd, 2014, 9:00 am

16 cycles wrote:so who going with placards at the event ??

why even go? it'll just give them attention

boycott anything TTASA

TTASA = No Support

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » January 22nd, 2014, 9:01 am

tr1ad wrote:
16 cycles wrote:so who going with placards at the event ??

why even go? it'll just give them attention

boycott anything TTASA

TTASA = No Support

x2

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » January 22nd, 2014, 9:02 am

Not going to the event will be more effective than going with placards

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 22nd, 2014, 9:03 am

Midnight_Demon wrote:Not going to the event will be more effective than going with placards

buh fadda.... it have men that say doh study the politics.......... we getting to race !!!!!!!!!! yipee!!!!!!!!!

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » January 22nd, 2014, 9:08 am

in politics you have to vote to change a government...........
So....after all the talk here.......how many of you on the forums willing to VOTE for change.........campaign for change......AND FOLLOW THE STEPS REQUIRED TO ENABLE YOU TO GET IN THAT VOTE & EFFECT MEANINGFUL CHANGE ??

:idea:

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 22nd, 2014, 9:11 am

MD i have some bumper sticker for you

javishm
punchin NOS

Postby javishm » January 22nd, 2014, 9:21 am

pioneer wrote:inb4 carpark racers

:drinking: