Forums

Official E-Cig and Vape / Vaping Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: RE: Re: Official E-Cig Discussion

Postby urbandilema » May 4th, 2016, 5:25 pm

vapourone wrote:If they move to ban it we will launch tv ads . News conference . To gather public attention to support the product. They are forcing people to go back smoking

Agreed x2

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Re: Official E-Cig Discussion

Postby 2NR Smurf » May 4th, 2016, 6:17 pm

well yes, from bad to worse....my 150W TC playboy boxmod gone on the fritz.... :x :x

ECIGTT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ECIGTT » May 4th, 2016, 8:45 pm

We need all suppliers of electronic cigarettes to come out to the meeting. Put all bull sheit aside. We all need to come together now and fight back because once the legislation is passed we cannot do anything about it. Lets fight for the rite to vape. I contacted Titan and he said he will send a representative of his company. We don/t need representatives we need the owners to come out.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » May 5th, 2016, 3:27 am

ECIGTT wrote:We need all suppliers of electronic cigarettes to come out to the meeting. Put all bull sheit aside. We all need to come together now and fight back because once the legislation is passed we cannot do anything about it. Lets fight for the rite to vape. I contacted Titan and he said he will send a representative of his company. We don/t need representatives we need the owners to come out.

Of all the posts you made you particularly highlight Titan and his business practices. Why are you so fascinated with him? Do you want to meet him so badly?

Imho you and the other local dealers, drew attention to the local mixers and I believe brought all this attention, I may be wrong, but build yourseld before you look into another's business.

Ps, the day your bring kits for amateurs to brew with nic, it's game over.

vapourone
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vapourone » May 5th, 2016, 7:34 am

^^ Actually not really this has nothing to do with Titan or any other specific dealers since a year or so we had these meetings with the Govt about the same topics , only now they are taking steps . I dont even think titan was around on those earlier days ..
Its the product on a whole the ministry has concerns over just like any other country, canada is facing the same faith as well

Yeo
TunerGod

Postby Yeo » May 5th, 2016, 11:53 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fda-e-cigar ... gulations/

FDA unveils new regulations on e-cigarettes
Hundreds of electronic cigarette brands will have to undergo federal review to stay on the market under new rules that have the potential to upend a multi-billion dollar industry attempting to position itself as an alternative to traditional cigarettes.

The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday released long-awaited rules that bring the burgeoning industry under federal oversight.

The changes will ban e-cigarette sales to people under 18 and require new health warnings. In a shift vigorously opposed by the industry, manufacturers must seek federal permission to continue marketing all e-cigarettes launched since 2007, making up the vast majority of the market.

Most companies will have to submit premarket applications that will undergo review to assess their impact on the "public health." Those that don't submit the required information or don't meet federal standards would have their products removed from the market.

E-cigarettes are battery-powered devices that turn nicotine into an inhalable liquid vapor. Though nicotine can be addictive, e-cigarettes lack the chemicals and tars of burning tobacco.

Yet the devices haven't been extensively studied and there's no scientific consensus on any potential benefits or harms from "vaping," including whether it leads young people to become regular smokers.

The FDA action comes five years after the agency first announced its intent to regulate e-cigarettes and more than two years after it floated its initial proposal.

Public health advocates applauded the news.

"Ending the tobacco epidemic is more urgent than ever, and can only happen if the FDA acts aggressively and broadly to protect all Americans from all tobacco products," said Harold Wimmer, president of the American Lung Association.

In a tweet, Sylvia Burwell, Secretary of Health and Human Services called the move a "historic step" to help "improve public health & protect future generations from the dangers of tobacco."

"[These] rules... help protect children and give adults the information they need to make informed decisions," she said in a video posted to Twitter.

The American Academy of Pediatrics praised the rules as "a welcomed starting point," but said the FDA didn't go far enough to protect children. "FDA passed up critical opportunities in this rule by failing to prohibit the sale of tobacco products coming in flavors like cotton candy, gummy bear and grape or to prevent marketing tactics that target children," the doctors' group said in a statement.

The new requirements are likely to set up a legal showdown with manufacturers, many who have warned that the costs of complying with FDA regulation could wipe out their industry.

The agency has stumbled before in its efforts to regulate the space. In 2010, a federal appeals court threw out the agency's plan to treat e-cigarettes as drug-delivery devices, rather than tobacco products. The ruling was seen as a win for manufacturers who opposed the stringent and expensive requirements of conducting pharmaceutical-style studies.

House Republicans are pushing industry-backed legislation that would prohibit the FDA from requiring retroactive safety reviews of e-cigarettes that are already on the market and exempt some premium and large cigars from those same regulations. E-cigarette products introduced in the future would still undergo the safety reviews.

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill have long enjoyed a close relationship with the tobacco industry, which has already given more than $1.8 million to members of Congress this election cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

The FDA first gained authority to regulate some aspects of cigarettes and other traditional tobacco products under a 2009 law. But since e-cigarettes do not actually contain tobacco, they were not covered by the original law.

In April 2014, the FDA first proposed bringing e-cigarettes and other nontraditional tobacco products under its authority, including cigars, hookahs, nicotine gels and pipe tobacco. The agency was expected to finalize that proposal last June, but the deadline slipped for months due to industry resistance.

Some smokers like e-cigarettes because the nicotine-infused vapor looks like smoke but doesn't contain the tar or odor of regular cigarettes. They are sometimes promoted as a way to help smokers quit or cut down on tobacco. However, there's not much scientific evidence showing e-cigarettes help smokers quit or smoke less, and it's unclear how safe they are.

E-cigarettes sales grew to an estimated $3.5 billion in 2015, according to Wells Fargo. After ballooning in over several years, sales have recently begun to slow due to negative publicity and questions about safety. Retail sales are dominated by a handful of traditional tobacco companies, including Reynold's American's Vuse and Imperial Tobacco's blu brands. Those products are sold nationwide at convenience stores and gas stations.

Hundreds of smaller companies sell more specialized products -- often with refillable "tanks" and customized flavors -- at vape shops and over the Internet. That space alone may be worth $2 billion in sales, according to estimates, though precise figures are not available.

vapourone
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vapourone » May 5th, 2016, 1:10 pm

It's a pity app much red tape on this product and cigarettes are being sold normel normel

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » May 5th, 2016, 3:10 pm

Actually heard this on the radio..to me again is for the major players to get their share of the pie. Secondly ecigs are alot safer both health and environmental aspects.e cigs never caused no bush fire or house to burn down.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 5th, 2016, 5:17 pm

Yeo wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fda-e-cigarettes-new-regulations/
It is hilarious that they would ban vaping for those reasons but not ban cigarettes. I think we know it's the businesses that are pushing this and it's about profits and not actually about health.

I'm confused why the FDA, Public Health and Pediatrics Assoc. are referring to vaping as tobacco products. Yes the nicotine is extracted from tobacco leaves, but the same is done for Nicorette chewing gum and patches which the FDA approves.

What of 0 Nicotine fluids? That should be ok then?

This 46 page thread alone is proof that vaping helps smokers to quit smoking cigarettes.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 5th, 2016, 6:06 pm

So the local crack down is linked to international pressure (e.g. FDA)?

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » May 5th, 2016, 6:10 pm

Duane you need to post it right up in the front page with a petition if this happens I mean you're a fellow vapor others will support and sign not just dealers alone should do their part but every tuner member who supports it

vapourone
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vapourone » May 5th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Yes guys we all know the benefits of ecigs . We the vendors have to move fast or else ecigs will be an underground market like weed . .. this govt going full steam ..
Great is the P.. lol

vapourone
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vapourone » May 5th, 2016, 8:42 pm

If they do ban it we will try an online petition . Hope duane post it as a global if this happen a

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » May 5th, 2016, 9:44 pm

vapourone wrote:If they do ban it we will try an online petition . Hope duane post it as a global if this happen a

So... In a nutshell, there's advertising e-cig/vaping items on the forum but don't want to pay for powerseller, vex when a moderator remove the commercial posts. And then want trinituner to rally the users to the ecig cause and advertise a petition to save your business/industry. How about 2 hands to clap?

vapourone
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vapourone » May 5th, 2016, 9:48 pm

^^ not sure what you clapping about but i pay for powseller . But the petition is to gain media attention nationwide . We have media links to post news once people support it . So instead of we sitting back and clapping we have to fight somehow . If you don't vape or have nothing in the industry kudos to u

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Official E-Cig Discussion

Postby tr1ad » May 5th, 2016, 9:59 pm

read through the thread... I've been Vaping for over 6 years so slow your roll..
Who's this "we" have media links? You referring to the forums?

your name isn’t in red which denotes a power seller. It wasn't directed to you alone.
You have a global announcement so yes that can be used for a petition or any advertising you wish.

Most e-cig vendors don’t want to pay to advertise here, not sure why, but want us to promote the industry

ECIGTT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ECIGTT » May 5th, 2016, 10:32 pm

Well my 2 cents on this is if Trini tuner supporting the e-cig industry they would help. I don't believe tuner is that money hungry for an ecig supplier to pay to get a sticky to help save the industry.. Duane do you vape? if so support us and lets try to save the industry.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 5th, 2016, 10:57 pm

ECIGTT wrote:Well my 2 cents on this is if Trini tuner supporting the e-cig industry they would help. I don't believe tuner is that money hungry for an ecig supplier to pay to get a sticky to help save the industry.. Duane do you vape? if so support us and lets try to save the industry.
I vape from time to time, last time I vaped was last week some time, so I'm not a serious vaper / smoker per se. I can do without it. I also mostly do 0% nic.

I get what Tr1ad is saying, and as a moderator he would be the one to clean up topics, move threads and posts, so he would know what he has to deal with. It really does take two hands to clap. We already offer this thread (now 47 pages long) and users are allowed to use their vape store / business name and even logo in their avatar. I am sure they PM users about products they have for sale and we allow commercial posts that are direct answers to users questions on product availability, who is the agent for xyz etc, all for FREE. SO we support you, you support us.... your move 8-)

ECIGTT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ECIGTT » May 5th, 2016, 11:16 pm

Thank you Duane. Will keep you all posted on the meeting outcome with TCU.

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » May 5th, 2016, 11:17 pm

:cry: I made a nice suggestion and allyuh fack it up lol.... I understand triad/duane point as well but as a user i need to disagree harshly regardless the business point of view many tuners who aren't big boys/suppliers don't have an option to voice their opinion the users after all are the ones who puts money in suppliers pocket and if there's some sort of method to save this industry the word should be spread on a mass scale cause in all it stopped a lot of people from smoking cigarettes. Not saying you should direct people directly to a suppliers website/fb but something need to be done to fight back is all we ask and i think some users on here would agree... Ecig/Ecigar :p but since you both wanna take my suggestion a bit don't run away now. What if we do get a petition going? Each person who signs get a sample box combine of each supplier ? Saving allyuh ass as well or host some little get together with freebies u know :P

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 5th, 2016, 11:29 pm

Freebies for signing is a good idea!

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » May 6th, 2016, 12:34 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Freebies for signing is a good idea!

X2

vapourone
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vapourone » May 6th, 2016, 5:48 am

Steupes what happen to.being a good Samaritan and supporting without getting a freebe

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » May 6th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Not gonna happen people won't take it seriously if they don't get something out of it but as I said it would be better if you do it you will get more support showing that you care about the community as well as saving your business. Besides it just juice and doesn't take one man to clap get all the dealers involved

ECIGTT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ECIGTT » May 6th, 2016, 1:52 pm

so you mean to say if 100,000 persons sign i have to give away 100,000 bottles. no eh, that not feasible to me what about you vapor one?

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » May 6th, 2016, 3:05 pm

ECIGTT wrote:so you mean to say if 100,000 persons sign i have to give away 100,000 bottles. no eh, that not feasible to me what about you vapor one?

Prhaha real kicks

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » May 6th, 2016, 3:39 pm

Simple host it for 1 day and I doubt 400+ men going and pass tru in one day :P but it still shows u willing to give back not so? Anyhow any updates on the meeting? Like i keep hearing about meeting nothing much being said in detail can you record it and post don't need to bring out no camera in the people face and record take a simple voice recording or something

vapourone
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vapourone » May 6th, 2016, 4:01 pm

Lol.this is a joke tho . Where you ever hear some one gave out something for signing a petition ? Worst case we get 100000 sigs and what give out 100000 juices free and govt still ban ecigs . What part of that making sense ?

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » May 6th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Same way we does suggest people for free and bring customers for any company for free :P But as i said you guys need to do something as well if it sounds like i'm trying to bankrupt allyuh that ain't true but atleast you did something and gain support I mean you was in all favor for duane to announce it but maybe he can if you do your part as well

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Official E-Cig Discussion

Postby tr1ad » May 6th, 2016, 5:56 pm

See? We must support them
Look a next one, build the business on tuner and then find is enough no need to pay to advertise publicly, rather pm certain folks asking questions to offer his products

Why can't you rally all your customers to sign? How many in this actual thread going to sign for you? 15? 35?
Where all your customers to rally support?

Paying for advertising not only supporting the website, it gives an avenue to promote the product and by extension the petition....
So why not return the favor .....

100,000 or 20,000 bottles of juice or some batteries or something to save your business too expensive?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”