Real Reasons Why Real Estate is So Expensive in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Re: Real estate companies the real reason behind ridiculous

Postby BRZ » January 11th, 2016, 4:48 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
SmokeyGTi wrote:I hear yuh bro, and that's exactly what i'm doing.

You can also go take government land and plant on it then claim it after 10 years.

It has people from my area that do that, prime land valued at millions of dollars, they just went and plant it and got deed for it under squatters rights act last year. You can then sell it for a profit. If these low life drunks can do it why not everyone else?

Thank your UNC people for legalizing that, same sh!t that they wanted to legalize PH drivers. :roll:

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » January 11th, 2016, 6:10 pm

88sins wrote:
A172 wrote:so basically a thread dedicated to cryin dong ppl price yet alyuh vex when ppl lowballing ting alyuh selling here?

k

what you fail to realise, is that there is a vast difference between what ppl does want for something they sellin, & the actual value of what that something really is by monetary standards.
Lets say you are aware that the total cost to make a loaf of bread is TT$3.00, and that the person making it is asking for TT$900.00 for it, would you buy it no questions asked or look for something else where you would get sufficient value for your money?

tl;dr

if u en like it, doh buy

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 11th, 2016, 10:05 pm

If i like it, & want it, i buy it
But i only pay what its value actually is, not what the seller feel he could get for it. Been doing that with every major investment so far an i come out ok thus far, aint had my wallet dug out yet.
You come with your valuation, i will get mine, and worst case scenario my highest offer is the midpoint between the two.
But to say i goin an just give ppl whatever they feel they should get dry so? Not in dis lifetime, or d next if i could help it

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 11th, 2016, 10:22 pm

BRZ wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
SmokeyGTi wrote:I hear yuh bro, and that's exactly what i'm doing.

You can also go take government land and plant on it then claim it after 10 years.

It has people from my area that do that, prime land valued at millions of dollars, they just went and plant it and got deed for it under squatters rights act last year. You can then sell it for a profit. If these low life drunks can do it why not everyone else?

Thank your UNC people for legalizing that, same sh!t that they wanted to legalize PH drivers. :roll:

I never understood why Pandey did that but when I look at real estate market today with the kind of ridiculous prices I kinda understand now, if prices bad now can you imagine what it would be like if there was no squatters right act?

Squatters right is a good thing, the PNM supported that aswell thats why it exist. Wasn't just a UNC thing, I think everyone agreed it would be better for the people. But don't be fooled not all squatters get good land, most live in shanty towns. You sure ain't going in the middle of a shanty town in the bush to build no house and neither am I.

Besides them drunks worked very hard to steal that 2 Acres of land in Piarco. They plant coconuts, and brush cut it every month for 10 years. Fence it, spent a lot of money in the courts etc They even spent $300,000 TTD out of their pocket to build access road to it aswell. Stealing land is a lot of work and can even be costly aswell, just sounds easy.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 11th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Working hard to steal 2 acres of land in Piarco... is that ethical Effectic?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 11th, 2016, 11:34 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Working hard to steal 2 acres of land in Piarco... is that ethical Effectic?

Ethical? hell no. But do Trinis care what is ethical? the word ethical here means as much as it does to lions in Africa hunting the young buffalo because its easy picking.

A reasonable law was abused here, they probably paid the right people and or had the right connections, who knows? I have no idea how this works. How do you legally steal 2 Acres of land? I heard of applying for 1 or 2 lots under humanitarian causes to build a house and have a roof over your head but 2 freaking Acres???

They will probably be selling one of you all a lot of from that for $500,000 soon and these fellas never spent a day in school but richer than most people in this country, Funny how life works out eh?

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Re: Real estate companies the real reason behind ridiculous pric

Postby BRZ » September 11th, 2016, 7:07 am

Trinidadians have gone frisking mad, imagine people asking over a million dollars for houses in Freeport, Rio Claro and the Morvant areas, damn crazy, that land not even worth 50,000.
All of this false super inflated real estate prices will come to a big crash soon.
As for prices in the west of Tridad- it's just plain stupid, but I blame ONE real estate company for their over inflated pricing that catered to expats and people seem to think they are the best, all they really doing is driving the prices Up so they get a bigger commission.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 11th, 2016, 7:59 am

People asking 1M fuh sheeit cuz they getting it.
Agents will ask 1M fuh sheeit cuz they getting it.

if they werent getting buyers they would drop the price.

The prices will come down when the laundry mart cash slows down.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » September 11th, 2016, 12:02 pm

1M is normal man.

I see a man in central selling a 4 bedroom flathouse on 1 lot of land for 4.5M

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: Real estate companies the real reason behind ridiculous pric

Postby supercharged turbo » September 11th, 2016, 1:17 pm

Daran wrote:1M is normal man.

Bwdmc

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 11th, 2016, 1:34 pm

BRZ wrote:but I blame ONE real estate company for their over inflated pricing that catered to expats and people seem to think they are the best, all they really doing is driving the prices Up so they get a bigger commission.

Call name nah man... or at least a clue

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » September 11th, 2016, 2:52 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:
Daran wrote:1M is normal man.

Bwdmc

In his defense. He had a indoor two car garage and a jacuzzi. I guess he thought that was worth an extra 2.5M, because the absolute max that place was worth was 2M. The area was no prime property location like Lange Park either, was actually Cunupia.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » September 11th, 2016, 2:53 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
BRZ wrote:but I blame ONE real estate company for their over inflated pricing that catered to expats and people seem to think they are the best, all they really doing is driving the prices Up so they get a bigger commission.

Call name nah man... or at least a clue

I think they were a Terrabible company.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 11th, 2016, 3:34 pm

I suppose which side of the fence you may be or even in which room of the house you planning to buy, there are some other options. For example, ten persons can get together and do an agreement to obtain loans/buy land and then develop it for the purpose of building homes. Somewhat like Sou Sou Lands.

Develop the land and then build. The equity in the development can be used to obtain additional funding. With the down turn in the economy, there is a lot of idle capacity available to do your development.

The land will cost plenty less than if you buy same with a house on it. Excess lots can be sold to recover initial cash or loan outlay. A $400k land and a $250 house may sell for $1.5m up. See what I am getting at?

Developing a plan with some colleagues. If Town and Country playing Joseph’s Taxi in Bethlehem for approvals we know how to address their concerns, and you can learn to do so also.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 13th, 2016, 5:24 pm

There are a lot of fraudsters who trying to sell land without any documents, or even with fraudulent papers. Do your homework. If it smells like fish....

Miguel000
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Miguel000 » September 16th, 2016, 11:13 pm

LOUD AND CLEAR AUDIO wrote:NEARLY GOT CAUGHT UP WITH THESE FOOLS AS WELL have soo many incidents that occured--i can write an entire book on these scams -----big big reputable sale agents too

yes make them out :D :evil: :twisted:
People should not be made to get away with these things.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2016, 1:06 pm

Is all kinda bobol & backsideness wit ppl when u dealin in realestate in this country oui. Well I now get a joke
Theres an empty lot behind my home, I was looking at buying, however the owner rented it to someone. I spoke to that person and they have no plans to buy it, or even occupy it. Jus plan to keep renting it. Only things on the land is bamboo an bull grass. They been renting it for about 15 yrs

So over some brandy the owner and i were talkin an i asked the owner if he selling it, and for how much cuz I interested. He said yes its for sale &sent me a recent valuation later in the week, & it was a reasonable figure for it considering what it is.
Then I go to the tenant, asking him what he would consider suitable compensation for his tenancy. Ths ass tells me a figure that's 2x what the owners valuation is and that if I buy it he still have legal claims to tenancy an he still not buying an I can't make him an I would make a loss cuz I go hadda sell it to him at 1/2 market value. Real presumptuous and dotish fella, ignorant of all the loopholes in what he trying.

Some ppl out here jus come out to create problems for other ppl. Is a good thing I kno it have easy ways around dem kinda idiots an their bs.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Buy it, he ain't have no rights to it. 30 years u hadda be on the land to get considered squatting. Once u get ur papers in hand fence it round.

I nearly got taken by preacher with some land in tableland. Had all documents, but what made my ears stand up was when he said he did his own searches in red house.

I made a visit to the land after and met a guy working it. Long story short, the seller had powers of attorney and was selling a woman's land without her knowing. She found out that day though.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 17th, 2016, 2:55 pm

sMASH wrote: Long story short, the seller had powers of attorney and was selling a woman's land without her knowing. She found out that day though.

The women gave him full powers or wha? da hell...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2016, 3:25 pm

Yeah, some ppl don't realize that giving someone your power of attorney depending on how it's written gives them legal right to conduct all sort of transactions. She need to file a fraud case against he real quick if possible.

sMASH, I plan on buying it, and a lot more than a fence going on it. Transaction should be completed within a week since documents to be signed this tuesday and finances done put aside, can't wait to see he face when he realize what happened. Lemme see wha bs he go say when the soon to be previous owner tell him it sold to who and I tell him I ain't renting it to him &he hadda hold he lil small change. Not like it go effect the outcome in any way. Years now I planning on this acquisition. No idiot could stop it or slow it down, or even question it after the fact.

Some ppl really jus plain ole dotish smh

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Only problem, that man will be real sour. He will throw words, spread rumors and if he bold enough, might actually sabotage somethings. But I feel u done know u will have to be on ur guard already.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 17th, 2016, 5:24 pm

He could be as sour as he want to. He could suck on a bag a lemon fuh all i care.
He can only do one thing, #abslolutelynuttn

He had the option, he refused. If he shows me that he feels the need to get vex wit somebody, I will direct him accordingly.

To d biggest mirror he could find where he livin

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » September 17th, 2016, 6:02 pm

This place sweet yes. .. send him off with a complimentary planass 88.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 17th, 2016, 7:43 pm

sMASH wrote:Buy it, he ain't have no rights to it. 30 years u hadda be on the land to get considered squatting. Once u get ur papers in hand fence it round.

I nearly got taken by preacher with some land in tableland. Had all documents, but what made my ears stand up was when he said he did his own searches in red house.

I made a visit to the land after and met a guy working it. Long story short, the seller had powers of attorney and was selling a woman's land without her knowing. She found out that day though.

He had the deed in his name?

This is what I does ask to see.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 17th, 2016, 8:39 pm

2 words:

MONEY LAUNDERING

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2016, 8:45 pm

i didnt check that because he had said he did his own red house searches himself before, and that was the final, but quite large nail, in the coffin.

when i was talking with him before, he said tht during the week they would be leaving for ghana as they do missionary work there, so even before he was pressing for time. he looked a bit too much like a business man than a preacher. he had also stated that he into real estate, and can get a lawyer to do the paperwork cheaper but a whole lot faster than a normal one. but the choice was still mine to go with his option...
long after i done switch off, i still played along and was being shown another piece of land wiht a concrete structure, which is what i was actually looking for, but i wasn't taking his bait, he was telling me about his lawyer to get it done quite quick and fast. also he would arrange finance with someone in a bank or a credit union, i cant rememebr. as a preacher, he likes to help people, and he would take even less that 10% down payment just to help out. i did like the land, it had potential, but as the man spoke it seemed more and more like an attempt to get some fast cash in a down payment, or multiple down payments by multiple persons.

i just took some of the citrus from the land, while i stifled my interest

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » September 17th, 2016, 8:56 pm

possibly scamming people out of a 10% or so?
..... might be a legit preacher after all :lol:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 17th, 2016, 9:00 pm

If taking on terms is best to ask to see the contract drawn up between you and the owner.
If they are not the owners you get back your $$ in full.
Land must not have anything owing on it or have accepted ant form of payment in any form from any other party / parties.
If they sell it to someone other than you or attempt to you can sue and have them sell you it.

It's best to get a good lawyer when doing this and / or take a small loan from the bank and have them do their search on it.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 17th, 2016, 9:07 pm

me, i done settle, if is agri land, to go through the ADB, and if is residential, the bank. more will be paid, but they will have to ensure it is safe, for their own interest.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 17th, 2016, 9:08 pm

That's the idea.

Btw. Just this morning I was wondering what were the requirements to own a licenced firearm. You supoosed to have x amount of land not so? How much exactly?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”