TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
john_smith8076
Street 2NR
Posts: 62
Joined: March 19th, 2008, 10:50 am
Location: Trinidad Laventille

14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby john_smith8076 » January 30th, 2014, 12:16 am

It's the law in Trinidad after 6 months of being employed u can get 14 sick days a year right?

Can an employer discipline u for excessive calling off if u don't use all 14 ?

What does Trinidad law say is excessive calling off provide links please?
Is excessive 4 times in 3 month period ?

Advertisement
User avatar
bluesteel29
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2022
Joined: May 29th, 2007, 2:42 pm
Location: spreadin ah cheeks :)

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby bluesteel29 » January 30th, 2014, 12:29 am

casual days n sick days r 2 different tings eh sadis

User avatar
X2
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8649
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:54 pm
Location: 3 stories above the Batcave...

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby X2 » January 30th, 2014, 1:56 am

Sick leave is a benefit, not an entitlement. If you are permanent, you may normally get sick days as available but excessive absenteeism can be determined by the employer... dr note may be required after 2 consecutive days.

Also... you can be on contract for almost 1yr before being made permanent... so it depends on your situation... probation or contract?

User avatar
janfar
punchin NOS
Posts: 3365
Joined: August 13th, 2004, 1:39 am
Location: studying pigonometry...

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby janfar » January 30th, 2014, 2:16 am

Ppl really think sick days is given???? Sick days are exactly that.

Doest NIS start paying you 80% of your salary after 14days of sick leave?

joker
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 1957
Joined: August 18th, 2006, 3:44 pm
Location: 9sm

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby joker » January 30th, 2014, 5:45 am

john_smith8076 wrote:It's the law in Trinidad after 6 months of being employed u can get 14 sick days a year right?

Can an employer discipline u for excessive calling off if u don't use all 14 ?

What does Trinidad law say is excessive calling off provide links please?
Is excessive 4 times in 3 month period ?

That is not excessive.
The employer can do what they want but wen it reaches industrial court they shiver.
And if they take action against u... that is within your provisions... that is Constructive dismissal.

Excessive is in EXCESS OF YOUR ALLOTED DAYS!

User avatar
ronsin1
punchin NOS
Posts: 3615
Joined: November 30th, 2005, 8:00 am
Contact:

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby ronsin1 » January 30th, 2014, 5:51 am

my boss told me I am not allowed to get sick since that I have never called in sick

User avatar
SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS
Posts: 3632
Joined: May 22nd, 2006, 2:47 pm
Location: Trinidad

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby SmokeyGTi » January 30th, 2014, 7:35 am

OP there is precedent set by the Industrial court.
If you are absent for more than a certain percent for the month (except for vacation) it is frowned upon (i think its either 10 or 20).

notwithstanding that, using approximately 1 day a month sick leave leaves room for your actions to be interpreted as abuse of said leave and will not auger well for you when situations like merit pay increases, bonuses and promotions, and special training opportunities are concerened.

just my 2c..

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9657
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Dizzy28 » January 30th, 2014, 8:38 am

You are entitled to 0 days Sick Leave according to the law. Your employer pays 2/3 of your NIS contribution for the reason that if you get sick you can make a claim to NIS and get back something. Any place that has a preset number of sick days does so as a benefit and not because of any legislative framework.

User avatar
Gencon Ltd
Riding on 13's
Posts: 12
Joined: January 2nd, 2014, 8:14 am

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Gencon Ltd » January 30th, 2014, 8:44 am

^^ that

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9450
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby pete » January 30th, 2014, 8:52 am

Where I worked before you were entitled to 10 days for the year. However, any days after the first 5 you were supposed to bring in a medical from a doctor. Nobody really took it on but it was in the policy.

User avatar
src1983
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2327
Joined: February 17th, 2009, 11:09 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby src1983 » January 30th, 2014, 8:54 am

OP was all you sick days a Monday or Friday?

It's not excessive, but I think you should elaborate more

User avatar
Sumana.00
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 521
Joined: May 31st, 2005, 9:02 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Sumana.00 » January 30th, 2014, 9:08 am

Dizzy28 wrote:You are entitled to 0 days Sick Leave according to the law. Your employer pays 2/3 of your NIS contribution for the reason that if you get sick you can make a claim to NIS and get back something. Any place that has a preset number of sick days does so as a benefit and not because of any legislative framework.


This, and in the case of unionised environments unless the collective bargaining agreement provides otherwise

User avatar
Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 104
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 3:45 pm

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ » January 30th, 2014, 9:36 am

We livin in a polluted country where...

Vehicles are "allowed" to produce black smoke on the roads - trucks, vans, cars, even PTSC Buses..
Trucks are "allowed" to leave their trays un-covered so that the sand, dust, garbage, escape and enter other vehicles..
Industries are "allowed" to dump "toxic smellin" liquid waste into the drains and rivers...
Disease carrying Vagrants are "allowed" to live on the city streets as they touch and grab individuals (especially women) as the attempt to go to work..
Disease carrying Vagrants are "allowed" to defecate on the city streets/pavements and environs as they please in plain public sight...
Disease carrying Flood Waters are "allowed" to cover most major parts of the Capital City with the slightest rainfall - as rats etc scamper in stores and public bldgs to escape the water...
Drains and Waste Waterways are "allowed" to clog and backup as the Corporations clean where they want to clean - contributing to flooding in other parts of the country..
Mini Garbage Dumps are "allowed" to exist in various communities - until it makes the "UReport" and only then something is done about it...
A Landfill is "allowed" to remain in existence next to the Capital City...
Burning of the Landfill is "allowed" every night where a thick smog covers the entire highway and city..
Aside from the above and many other pollutants...

NOW.... the Beetham Lanfill is "allowed" to burn during the day - smoking out public bldgs and tax-paying citizens with toxic fumes that are "10 times over the limit".

And employers want to talk about ONLY a mere 14 days sick leave...

javishm
punchin NOS
Posts: 4696
Joined: May 23rd, 2012, 11:06 pm
Location: St Anns Medical

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby javishm » January 30th, 2014, 9:41 am

Details are required

User avatar
Sky
punchin NOS
Posts: 4123
Joined: September 1st, 2006, 10:30 pm
Location: Leaving the valley of VTEC!!

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Sky » January 30th, 2014, 10:18 am

Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ wrote:We livin in a polluted country where...

Vehicles are "allowed" to produce black smoke on the roads - trucks, vans, cars, even PTSC Buses..
Trucks are "allowed" to leave their trays un-covered so that the sand, dust, garbage, escape and enter other vehicles..
Industries are "allowed" to dump "toxic smellin" liquid waste into the drains and rivers...
Disease carrying Vagrants are "allowed" to live on the city streets as they touch and grab individuals (especially women) as the attempt to go to work..
Disease carrying Vagrants are "allowed" to defecate on the city streets/pavements and environs as they please in plain public sight...
Disease carrying Flood Waters are "allowed" to cover most major parts of the Capital City with the slightest rainfall - as rats etc scamper in stores and public bldgs to escape the water...
Drains and Waste Waterways are "allowed" to clog and backup as the Corporations clean where they want to clean - contributing to flooding in other parts of the country..
Mini Garbage Dumps are "allowed" to exist in various communities - until it makes the "UReport" and only then something is done about it...
A Landfill is "allowed" to remain in existence next to the Capital City...
Burning of the Landfill is "allowed" every night where a thick smog covers the entire highway and city..
Aside from the above and many other pollutants...

NOW.... the Beetham Lanfill is "allowed" to burn during the day - smoking out public bldgs and tax-paying citizens with toxic fumes that are "10 times over the limit".

And employers want to talk about ONLY a mere 14 days sick leave...


You "allowed" to stay home and skin Rooster without a job if you want.
China has one of the worst atmospheric conditions in terms of clean air, yet they have one of the highest, if not THE highest production and export rate in the world.
Take vitamins and live a healthier lifestyle, then 14 days will be more than enough, unless you contract something serious.

User avatar
Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 104
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 3:45 pm

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ » January 30th, 2014, 10:26 am

Sky wrote:
Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ wrote:We livin in a polluted country where...

Vehicles are "allowed" to produce black smoke on the roads - trucks, vans, cars, even PTSC Buses..
Trucks are "allowed" to leave their trays un-covered so that the sand, dust, garbage, escape and enter other vehicles..
Industries are "allowed" to dump "toxic smellin" liquid waste into the drains and rivers...
Disease carrying Vagrants are "allowed" to live on the city streets as they touch and grab individuals (especially women) as the attempt to go to work..
Disease carrying Vagrants are "allowed" to defecate on the city streets/pavements and environs as they please in plain public sight...
Disease carrying Flood Waters are "allowed" to cover most major parts of the Capital City with the slightest rainfall - as rats etc scamper in stores and public bldgs to escape the water...
Drains and Waste Waterways are "allowed" to clog and backup as the Corporations clean where they want to clean - contributing to flooding in other parts of the country..
Mini Garbage Dumps are "allowed" to exist in various communities - until it makes the "UReport" and only then something is done about it...
A Landfill is "allowed" to remain in existence next to the Capital City...
Burning of the Landfill is "allowed" every night where a thick smog covers the entire highway and city..
Aside from the above and many other pollutants...

NOW.... the Beetham Lanfill is "allowed" to burn during the day - smoking out public bldgs and tax-paying citizens with toxic fumes that are "10 times over the limit".

And employers want to talk about ONLY a mere 14 days sick leave...


You "allowed" to stay home and skin Rooster without a job if you want.
China has one of the worst atmospheric conditions in terms of clean air, yet they have one of the highest, if not THE highest production and export rate in the world.
Take vitamins and live a healthier lifestyle, then 14 days will be more than enough, unless you contract something serious.

Well... what I go tell you..
Just continue to compare our country's environment to other countries that are worse for us to "feel better".
Rather than stand up against it!

This is why this place only going downhill... because people like allyuh go just keep operating like zombies and doing the same thing everyday no matter if people literally start pelting sheit in ur face.
Leh we just say... "it hav places worse than here!"

Developed Country Status.... here we come!

IYMC

User avatar
Sky
punchin NOS
Posts: 4123
Joined: September 1st, 2006, 10:30 pm
Location: Leaving the valley of VTEC!!

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Sky » January 30th, 2014, 10:29 am

Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ wrote:Well... what I go tell you..
Just continue to compare our country to something worse for us to "feel better".
Rather than stand up against it!

This is why we will only get worse here... because people like allyuh go just keep operating like zombies and doing the same thing everyday no matter if people literally start pelting sheit in ur face.
Leh we just say... "it hav places worse than here!"

Developed Country Status.... here we come!

IYMC



And because of people like you, our country accepts mediocrity and wastage. Seriously, 14 days sick for the year? This isn't about being a zombie. This is about taking pride in what you do and doing it well. But maybe you don't know what that means. You sounding like you working with Pioneer :lol:

User avatar
rodfarva
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1589
Joined: April 2nd, 2004, 11:14 pm

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby rodfarva » January 30th, 2014, 10:52 am

Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ wrote:We livin in a polluted country where...

Vehicles are "allowed" to produce black smoke on the roads - trucks, vans, cars, even PTSC Buses..
Trucks are "allowed" to leave their trays un-covered so that the sand, dust, garbage, escape and enter other vehicles....................................................................................................... "10 times over the limit".

And employers want to talk about ONLY a mere 14 days sick leave...


Yes. Why not?
Because one thing is bad, we should adjust everything to suit that problem?
Deal with problems incrementally, instead of saying.."well, we have pollution, so we should give people more sick leave"

You have a problem with pollution here, then do something about it. There is no shortcut. Things dont happen overnight. Work at it, be part of the solution.
otherwise, there are other countries that are less polluted, with greener practices.

User avatar
KM_2NR
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 565
Joined: September 20th, 2009, 4:43 pm
Location: Headbanging in traffic

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby KM_2NR » January 30th, 2014, 11:03 am

14 Sick, 14 Casual Master race reporting in lol

goalpost
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2023
Joined: June 24th, 2010, 8:18 am
Location: South by night, North by day

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby goalpost » January 30th, 2014, 11:22 am

My company has the benefit of 20 sick days and 5 casual. Its amazing how many employees get sick for exactly 20 days for the year and have emergencies for exactly 5.

I on my 2nd sick day for 2014

User avatar
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18228
Joined: January 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Contact:

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby cinco » January 30th, 2014, 11:28 am

Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ wrote:We livin in a polluted country where...

Vehicles are "allowed" to produce black smoke on the roads - trucks, vans, cars, even PTSC Buses..
Trucks are "allowed" to leave their trays un-covered so that the sand, dust, garbage, escape and enter other vehicles..
Industries are "allowed" to dump "toxic smellin" liquid waste into the drains and rivers...
Disease carrying Vagrants are "allowed" to live on the city streets as they touch and grab individuals (especially women) as the attempt to go to work..
Disease carrying Vagrants are "allowed" to defecate on the city streets/pavements and environs as they please in plain public sight...
Disease carrying Flood Waters are "allowed" to cover most major parts of the Capital City with the slightest rainfall - as rats etc scamper in stores and public bldgs to escape the water...
Drains and Waste Waterways are "allowed" to clog and backup as the Corporations clean where they want to clean - contributing to flooding in other parts of the country..
Mini Garbage Dumps are "allowed" to exist in various communities - until it makes the "UReport" and only then something is done about it...
A Landfill is "allowed" to remain in existence next to the Capital City...
Burning of the Landfill is "allowed" every night where a thick smog covers the entire highway and city..
Aside from the above and many other pollutants...

NOW.... the Beetham Lanfill is "allowed" to burn during the day - smoking out public bldgs and tax-paying citizens with toxic fumes that are "10 times over the limit".

And employers want to talk about ONLY a mere 14 days sick leave...

what about the 16 public holidays we have in trinidad?
what about the 4 three day weekends this year?
steups
allyuh so shud get a wuk elsewhere in d world and come back

User avatar
Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 13227
Joined: January 18th, 2004, 9:55 am
Location: The 6%.

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Hook » January 30th, 2014, 11:35 am

14 sick, 14 casual and accumulating 28 days vacation per year up to a maximum of 90 with provision for accumulating in excess of 90 days checking in here. How y'all doin?

OP, you employed in the government service?

User avatar
Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 104
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 3:45 pm

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ » January 30th, 2014, 11:37 am

Sky wrote:
Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ wrote:Well... what I go tell you..
Just continue to compare our country to something worse for us to "feel better".
Rather than stand up against it!

This is why we will only get worse here... because people like allyuh go just keep operating like zombies and doing the same thing everyday no matter if people literally start pelting sheit in ur face.
Leh we just say... "it hav places worse than here!"

Developed Country Status.... here we come!

IYMC



And because of people like you, our country accepts mediocrity and wastage. Seriously, 14 days sick for the year? This isn't about being a zombie. This is about taking pride in what you do and doing it well. But maybe you don't know what that means. You sounding like you working with Pioneer :lol:

Ok... so look at "productivity" over the tax-paying citizens health?
What is productivity... when citizens dying from disease, cancer etc.
People who neva smoke ah cigarette in dey life dying from lung cancer and related diseases..
Which vitamins u cud recommend to prevent dat?
Or how bout the Beetham Lanfill, the POS Vagrants, citizens forced to play "hopscotch" over fresh raw sheit, just to go to work..
Gettin sick from these tings are the employees fault?

Look at what I highlighted earlier...
Are you saying that all those things don't exist?
Or are you saying that we should just stay mum bout it and just continue with our stereotype lifestyle?
If you get the "virus" once... the least avg workin days u home is (5)..
The odda day we had H1N1 all over the place, spreading by nasty vagrants, garbage heaps, sheit flies…. how much days people had to take for that?
And what about the ever present Dengue caused by clogged drains, flooding?
Got Vitamins for these?.... Share the info!

Go to work through the endless pollutants... work hard...go back home through the endless pollutants… live amongst the endless pollutants…. attend work sick... spread the virus and bacteria... Just get the job done…

Stay quiet… doh take yuh sick leave…. doh talk bout the issues… blame yourself… praise the authorities… compare ourselves to a lower, more polluted…. Just to say: “we in a beta place!”
Well ah guess dyes why allyuh so does call here “Paradise”… cause it still hav “worst off” countries!

Look at what going on right now with that Beetham Smoke...
We office filled with smog till yuh tasting it on yuh tongue!
But the employers saying, if u want to leave u hadda apply for a "sick day" and get a medical certificate!
So wok until yuh get sick.... then get a sick leave... stay home and suffer!

You just sounding like one of dem "slave workin" employers who just concerned with what is being done and not how or under what conditions it is being done.
Dyes why we hav Unions to deal with men like allyuh!
Last edited by Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ on January 30th, 2014, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15717
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby zoom rader » January 30th, 2014, 11:40 am

Hook wrote:14 sick, 14 casual and accumulating 28 days vacation per year up to a maximum of 90 with provision for accumulating in excess of 90 days checking in here. How y'all doin?

OP, you employed in the government service?

This is progress

User avatar
Sky
punchin NOS
Posts: 4123
Joined: September 1st, 2006, 10:30 pm
Location: Leaving the valley of VTEC!!

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Sky » January 30th, 2014, 11:44 am

Ѵ∑ŤЄЃλЙ™ wrote:Ok... so look at "productivity" over the tax-paying citizens health?
What is productivity... when citizens dying from disease, cancer etc.
People who neva smoke ah cigarette in dey life dying from lung cancer and related diseases..
Which vitamins u cud recommend to prevent dat?
Or how bout the Beetham Lanfill, the POS Vagrants, citizens forced to play "hopscotch" over fresh raw sheit, just to go to work..
Gettin sick from these tings are the employees fault?

Look at what I highlighted earlier...
Are you saying that all those things don't exist?
Or are you saying that we should just stay mum bout it and just continue with our stereotype lifestyle?
If you get the "virus" once... the least avg workin days u home is (5)..
The odda day we had H1N1 all over the place, spreading by nasty vagrants, garbage heaps, sheit flies…. how much days people had to take for that?
And what about the ever present Dengue caused by clogged drains, flooding?
Got Vitamins for these?.... Share the info!

Go to work through the endless pollutants... work hard...go back home through the endless pollutants… live amongst the endless pollutants…. attend work sick... spread the virus and bacteria... Just get the job done…

Stay quiet… doh take yuh sick leave…. doh talk bout the issues… blame yourself… praise the authorities… compare ourselves to a lower, more polluted…. Just to say: “we in a beta place!”
Well ah guess dyes why allyuh so does call here “Paradise”… cause it still hav “worst off” countries!

Look at what going on right now with that Beetham Smoke...
We office filled with smog till yuh tasting it on yuh tongue!
But the employers saying, if u want to leave u hadda apply for a "sick day" and get a medical certificate!
So wok until yuh get sick.... then get a sick leave... stay home and suffer!

You just sounding like one of dem "slave workin" employers who just concerned with what is being done and not how or under what conditions it is being done.
Dyes why we hav Unions to deal with men like allyuh!



Well someone failed the food and nutrition section of home ec :lol:

User avatar
rodfarva
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1589
Joined: April 2nd, 2004, 11:14 pm

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby rodfarva » January 30th, 2014, 11:57 am

Man posting with an agenda.

User avatar
Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 13227
Joined: January 18th, 2004, 9:55 am
Location: The 6%.

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Hook » January 30th, 2014, 11:58 am

zoom rader wrote:
Hook wrote:14 sick, 14 casual and accumulating 28 days vacation per year up to a maximum of 90 with provision for accumulating in excess of 90 days checking in here. How y'all doin?

OP, you employed in the government service?

This is progress


Absofrikkinlutely! I could account for my work on a daily basis and I take leave only when necessary. There are branches of the government service who sit on their thumbs all day (whenever they show up to work) and things like leave, increments, appraisals and appointments are left to lag.
But I operate within the framework of the civil service act and I get my sheit done.

User avatar
cinco
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18228
Joined: January 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm
Location: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Contact:

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby cinco » January 30th, 2014, 11:58 am

rodfarva wrote:Man posting with an agenda.

remember the days when a man agenda was to get sum poo-c?
now these men posting one packahass

User avatar
Biggs3ne
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 814
Joined: May 14th, 2008, 7:02 am
Location: Running the Rat Race

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby Biggs3ne » January 30th, 2014, 12:08 pm

21 sick days a year where I work....if i take 2 sick days for the year is plenty....people here(d women nah) abuse the sick days, they max out all and then complain bout bonus and merit increase they get afterwards...

User avatar
rodfarva
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1589
Joined: April 2nd, 2004, 11:14 pm

Re: 14 days sick leave in Trinidad Attention

Postby rodfarva » January 30th, 2014, 12:12 pm

cinco wrote:
rodfarva wrote:Man posting with an agenda.

remember the days when a man agenda was to get sum poo-c?
now these men posting one packahass

:lol: ENT
poo-c have pollution too...why they eh deal with that?
Environmentally friendly poo-c...win for all

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Duane 3NE 2NR, rspann and 63 guests