TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

.::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Which major party will you be voting for in G.E. 2015?

Poll ended at April 9th, 2014, 7:52 pm

People's National Movement
26%
People's Partnership
53%
Independent Liberal Party
2%
Neither/Abstain
20%

Total votes: 388

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby desifemlove » April 11th, 2014, 7:45 pm

UML wrote:rasc, being the "intellect" and political ANALyst you are, what about the "Undecided/Swing voters" who win elections for a party?

such a ting exists? :lol:

no seriously, PNM/UNC get 300,000 odd per election. how is that a swing vote?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » April 11th, 2014, 10:00 pm

kjaglal76v2 wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Just remember, if you don't vote there are still the masses that do. No vote, no voice.

My vote has earned me the right to criticize any government.

idk y ppl say "no vote no voice" i think its stupid, u who vote to put the corrupt bastards there should share jus as much blame as them.
the way things goin on both sides "no vote" is prolly the most moral thing one could do

You're taking the right to vote too lightly. Democracy is a process, a flawed process, but built on the foundation (or premise, lol) of freedom.

If there was no democracy, like a mad-hatter dictatorship like a few of our south American friends, you'd be rioting for the simple chance to line up to cast your ballot. Even if the slate if full of jackasses, it's a jackass that we choose as a people, not forced down our throat.
Just my logic. If you don't care enough to vote, then take your govtrape and shut up. If you voted, then you have avenues to complain - one of which is 2nr, apparently.

Lewwe have ah debate over some beers nah.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 11th, 2014, 10:54 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
kjaglal76v2 wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:Just remember, if you don't vote there are still the masses that do. No vote, no voice.

My vote has earned me the right to criticize any government.

idk y ppl say "no vote no voice" i think its stupid, u who vote to put the corrupt bastards there should share jus as much blame as them.
the way things goin on both sides "no vote" is prolly the most moral thing one could do

You're taking the right to vote too lightly. Democracy is a process, a flawed process, but built on the foundation (or premise, lol) of freedom.

If there was no democracy, like a mad-hatter dictatorship like a few of our south American friends, you'd be rioting for the simple chance to line up to cast your ballot. Even if the slate if full of jackasses, it's a jackass that we choose as a people, not forced down our throat.
Just my logic. If you don't care enough to vote, then take your govtrape and shut up. If you voted, then you have avenues to complain - one of which is 2nr, apparently.

Lewwe have ah debate over some beers nah.

If a person didn't vote because of ignorance or laziness and then criticize a politician he/she could have voted against, then that person is a fool.

On the other hand, if you abstain because you did your home work on the candidates and realize that they are jokers, which is a realistic scenario nowadays, then these candidates would be worth complaining about. The problem is when we do nothing about it. Imagine if people started proclaiming loudly that they lost faith in our political system? These politicians would begin behaving themselves and serving the people.

Every election its the same ridiculous choice between more of the same crap or the same crap in a new package. I realized that the slickest candidates rise to the top, not necessarily the best.

Learn about the game of politics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Last edited by The_Honourable on May 30th, 2014, 8:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 11th, 2014, 11:02 pm

pete wrote:What you think will happen in the interim while people driving start parking up their cars and there is a huge excess in public transport? Buses are cheaper to use now but people use maxis cause the lines for Buses are too long so People go for the easier option. Plus you can offer much cheaper fares on a bus holding 48 people than a maxi holding 11 in terms of fuel cost etc.

My plan for mass transit includes an elevated rapid rail btw.

My plan for transport would also include a tolled highway over the gulf connecting north central and south. (THIS EVEN BEFORE THE RAIL)

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 12th, 2014, 12:36 am

RASC wrote:
pete wrote:What you think will happen in the interim while people driving start parking up their cars and there is a huge excess in public transport? Buses are cheaper to use now but people use maxis cause the lines for Buses are too long so People go for the easier option. Plus you can offer much cheaper fares on a bus holding 48 people than a maxi holding 11 in terms of fuel cost etc.

My plan for transport would also include a tolled highway over the gulf connecting north central and south. (THIS EVEN BEFORE THE RAIL)

How much trips you expect this to make?

People avoid long lines, you think they willing to line up and wait for this?

How does it address the traffic due to shitty roads, traffic lights and people parking and stopping like Kant's all over? All the roads in port of Spain seem to be single lane now because people parked foolish.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 12th, 2014, 12:40 am

nervewrecker wrote:
RASC wrote:

How does it address the traffic due to shitty roads, traffic lights and people parking and stopping like Kant's all over? All the roads in port of Spain seem to be single lane now because people parked foolish.

How does an efficient mass transit/light rail/rapid rail/highway toll over gulf solution solve the traffic situation?

Is that what you're asking me? :|

Also what long lines... how "much" trips... trips of what?

Sorry I'm utterly confused by your question .

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 12th, 2014, 12:47 am

RASC wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
RASC wrote:

How does an efficient mass transit/light rail/rapid rail/highway toll over gulf solution solve the traffic situation?

I'm asking you how well will it service the population at peak hours?

Let's say it carries 100 people at a time and between the hours of 2:00pm to 5:00pm we have 10000 people traveling. Each return trip is half hour.....

And let's not forget the jam session to get to and from the boarding station.

That is what I'm asking you.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 12th, 2014, 1:11 am

nervewrecker wrote:
RASC wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
RASC wrote:

Let's say it carries 100 people at a time and between the hours of 2:00pm to 5:00pm we have 10000 people traveling. Each return trip is half hour.....

On an average rail/subway system (I'm using D.C.'s metro new 7000 series as an example) each car can hold slightly less than 200 persons.

8 cars per train. Approx 1500 max load per train.

Having 15 trains operating between Arima and P.O.S. for example, would easily take care of 10,000 passengers comfortably.

Trains on average were 5 mins apart. In places like NYC with multiple tracks, express lanes are also included.

I'm not a transportation expert btw, I'm just offering up an alternative suggestion.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 12th, 2014, 1:24 am

RASC wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
RASC wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
RASC wrote:

On an average rail/subway system (I'm using D.C.'s metro new 7000 series as an example) each car can hold slightly less than 200 persons.

Having 15 trains operating between Arima and P.O.S. for example, would easily take care of 10,000 passengers comfortably.

Trains on average were 5 mins apart. In places like NYC with multiple tracks, express lanes are also included.

I'm not a transportation expert btw, I'm just offering up an alternative suggestion.

So your proposition is to move 1500 persons every 5 minutes.

Do you suspect that at any point in time we have that much people needing transport?

But this is Trinidad, we have a smaller number of commuters. So let's go with....say 200 persons every 15 minutes. Are you familiar with the cost of installing such a system and operational costs? I suspect they going to have to subsidize this too.

Since you on mass transit, let's look at it on a smaller scale. Let's take the water taxi for example. Every trip of people it drops off into San Fernando is more people to add to the congestion. You proposing we add to this congestion at a faster rate?

In other words Your solution is we move the problem to another location?

But let's take a look at the deluxe coach service now. The only reason why it is somewhat of a success is because its route allows passengers to drop out on the outskirts of the town and then commute to home.

What I'm trying to say is that before we consider mass transit we should look at getting the best out of our current infrastructure and add to it as needed to service this new form of transport.

As is, congestion in the city sucks ass due to poor roads and people parking all over restricting the proper flow of traffic.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 12th, 2014, 1:54 am

Why not do all at the same time?
Enforcing existing laws(parking), reducing car culture, upgrading existing public transport and introducing new mass transit (rail).

The indirect benefits FAR out weigh the costs. It's in no way going to be hugely profitable. It will profit us in other indirect methods as stated before.

I don't understand your water taxi example.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 12th, 2014, 1:59 am

nervewrecker wrote:
RASC wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
RASC wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
RASC wrote:

So your proposition is to move 1500 persons every 5 minutes.

Do you suspect that at any point in time we have that much people needing transport?

I think the figure is at about a quarter million population increase during work hours in POS alone.

....say 200 persons every 15 minutes.

Even at those extrmely conservative figures, that'll be a hell of a lot faster, safer, cleaner than anything currently in place.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 13th, 2014, 11:43 am

What else are some of the major issues y'all want to see tackled

SiR8081
Sweet on this forum

Postby SiR8081 » April 13th, 2014, 12:23 pm

RASC wrote:What else are some of the major issues y'all want to see tackled

SiR8081 wrote:
People want

1. Crime reduction
2. Less traffic, improved roads
3. Water 24/7
4. Procurement Legislation
5. Constitutional reform
6. Health care reform
7. Reform of your avg govt office e.g. Licencing office, BIR etc
8. Reformed judiciary

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 13th, 2014, 12:53 pm

SiR8081 wrote:

SiR8081 wrote:
People want

1. Crime reduction
3. Water 24/7
5. Constitutional reform
6. Health care reform
8. Reformed judiciary

1. Criminal element has govt contracts now. God forbid if pp loses, they gonna find money doing the usual drugs, kidnappin etc
2. Initiatives started under the pnm. Mt hope interchange, south highway extension etc
3. Programmes started under the pnm. Halted when pp entered office and slowly re-introduced and executed when the badmind faded/common sense prevailed
4. Brrrr? The draft bill?
5. Proportional representation? Ok. Take that
6. Brrr? O right. Le chirren hospital.
7. Started under pnm. Halted by pp and they now tryna re-cook what pnm did
8. Of course. Section 34

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 13th, 2014, 1:49 pm

Taken from another ched.
and they said that pnm encouraged the welfare state. :lol: was the unc the same party that criticised cepep and urp? now they running it full steam; more than any other administration
Labour shortage hits $3m farm
Published:
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Shaliza Hassanali

Caribbean Chemicals and Agencies Ltd managing director Joe Pires smiles for the camera while holding a green house grown pepper plant last week, at the 5 Star Farms in Chaguaramas. PHOTO: MARYANN AUGUSTE
A grave labour shortage is hindering the start-up of the Caribbean and T&T’s first $3 million “Pick Your Own Vegetables” mega farm, which is expected to be launched next month. Several advertisements placed in the print media seeking labourers for the 100-acre Chaguaramas Farm in Tucker Valley, has yielded little or no results in the last three months. For the farm’s managing director Joe Pires, it’s his biggest headache.

Pires’ efforts to woo labourers have brought frustration and stress, as he gets set to open his sprawling. The latest statistics obtained from the Central Statistical Office showed that from the first to the fourth quarters of 2012, there were altogether 13,500 people employed in the agriculture, forestry, hunting and fishing sectors. The farm operates under Five Stars Farms Ltd, owned by Pires. “What we want to offer is a one-stop shop for high quality produce at competitive prices,” Pires said.

Pires said while the concept of the farm was not new, it will be the first for T&T and the Caribbean. In 2012 Five Star Farms Ltd won a bid to operate the land managed by the Chaguaramas Development Authority. Pires first thought of growing onions on a large scale with a 30-year lease in hand. “That was our original idea. But we realised that a stand-alone farm would not be viable...it would not generate enough revenue for our business and therefore, we needed to think outside of the box.”

Farms abroad specialise in one crop, but Pires intends to offer a variety, many of which would be new to consumers.

Jones: We approached Rebirth House
Perry Jones, the farm’s manager, and a few workers have been painstakingly cultivating the farm. Jones said while the farm has been operating, its biggest setback was acquiring labour. For months they have been searching for workers without success. As a last resort, Jones said, he approached Rebirth House, a drug rehabilitation centre, to source recovering addicts, but many had little or no agricultural skills, while others were not interested.

“We are really in a crisis. It’s like searching for a needle in a hay stack. I never thought we would have reached to this stage in the agriculture sector, but this is the reality.” Jones said they retained some workers without checking their background, only to discover they were not trustworthy and had to dismiss them. “Now we have to screen and ask everyone interested in working for a police record as a precautionary measure.”

Maharaj: People do not see agriculture as viable
Food Production Minister Devant Maharaj described the labour shortage as “a real problem.” Maharaj said the shortfall was attributed to several reasons, but its main basis “is people do not see it as a viable source of income.” This, he said, is not so. In the last year, Maharaj said, his ministry has been working with URP, OJT and Cepep to train individuals to work, but the issue continues to linger on.

Haywood: Our hands are tied
President of the National Foodcrop Farmers’ Association Terrence Haywood admitted they have a high demand for labour, but few people have been coming forward. Haywood said farmers have been sourcing labour from Guyana. “The farmers go to Guyana and bring back people who are willing to work on farms for $150 to $200 per day.” Haywood said locals have been gravitating towards Cepep, which requires less hours of work for a full day’s pay.

“This is the culture we are accepting and encouraging. People just want everything easy. Many of the farmers have complained to the association, but our hands are tied. This is a matter for the ministry to deal with.”

David Abdulah responds
Movement for Social Justice leader, David Abdulah said T&T was facing national labour shortage. Abdulah said in 2009 Fitun had recommended to the then PNM government to transform part of Cepep into a farmpep programme to boost the industry, which never materialised. The establishment of community based co-operatives was also recommended, Abdulah said. He said while the issue generated a lot of debate, little was done.

Sections of the labour market, Abdulah said, are faced with employees who have little skills and paid minimum wage.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-03- ... %80%88farm

SiR8081
Sweet on this forum

Postby SiR8081 » April 13th, 2014, 2:22 pm

rfari wrote:
SiR8081 wrote:

SiR8081 wrote:
People want

1. Crime reduction
3. Water 24/7
5. Constitutional reform
6. Health care reform
8. Reformed judiciary

1. Criminal element has govt contracts now. God forbid if pp loses, they gonna find money doing the usual drugs, kidnappin etc
2. Initiatives started under the pnm. Mt hope interchange, south highway extension etc
3. Programmes started under the pnm. Halted when pp entered office and slowly re-introduced and executed when the badmind faded/common sense prevailed
8. Of course. Section 34

1. First you all saying that crime not down, the PP has perverted the statistics coming from the TTPS and the MoNS. Now you saying crime down b/c for the 1st time in the history of T&T the gov't give contracts to all the criminals.

2. We agree on that but unfortunately it took too long to come and people are not appreciative of the sticker govt that is the PNM.

3. Bring your facts to show the massive water improvements under PNM.
With PNM at 2010 18% of population with a 24/7 water supply. As of Dec 2013, 57% of population has a 24/7 supply with the supply to increase to 73% at the end of 2014. Tobago is to get a 100% 24/7 water supply by mid year.

4. Draft bill there but it seems no politician wants it to pass

5. Some form of PR is necessary but not wholesale. We need limits on the PM and recall for MPs etc
Rowley done say no constitutional reform needed.

6. We need new hospitals and refurbishment of the old ones

7. Again you fooling yourself. As usual PNM failed to implement the plans they paid for with massive sums of tax payer's dollars. You saying the Point Fortin highway, the credit should go the PNM along with the massive water improvements down south due to the new Seven Seas Desalination Plant cuz it was PNM plans.

8. I think this one is up to the CJ. He needs to be given full control of the Judiciary with the support of the executive arm of gov't passing good legislation to help the judiciary.

All yuh fellas is PNM supporters or PNM sympathizers b/c it sounding like all yuh have a tabanca that the PNM couldn't do anything right.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 13th, 2014, 2:54 pm

PP PR Specialist identified

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 13th, 2014, 3:00 pm

SiR8081 wrote:
rfari wrote:
SiR8081 wrote:

SiR8081 wrote:
People want

1. Crime reduction
3. Water 24/7
5. Constitutional reform
6. Health care reform
8. Reformed judiciary

8. Of course. Section 34

1. First you all saying that crime not down, the PP has perverted the statistics coming from the TTPS and the MoNS. Now you saying crime down b/c for the 1st time in the history of T&T the gov't give contracts to all the criminals.

2. We agree on that but unfortunately it took too long to come and people are not appreciative of the sticker govt that is the PNM.

3. Bring your facts to show the massive water improvements under PNM.
With PNM at 2010 18% of population with a 24/7 water supply. As of Dec 2013, 57% of population has a 24/7 supply with the supply to increase to 73% at the end of 2014. Tobago is to get a 100% 24/7 water supply by mid year.

4. Draft bill there but it seems no politician wants it to pass

5. Some form of PR is necessary but not wholesale. We need limits on the PM and recall for MPs etc
Rowley done say no constitutional reform needed.

6. We need new hospitals and refurbishment of the old ones

7. Again you fooling yourself. As usual PNM failed to implement the plans they paid for with massive sums of tax payer's dollars. You saying the Point Fortin highway, the credit should go the PNM along with the massive water improvements down south due to the new Seven Seas Desalination Plant cuz it was PNM plans.

8. I think this one is up to the CJ. He needs to be given full control of the Judiciary with the support of the executive arm of gov't passing good legislation to help the judiciary.

All yuh fellas is PNM supporters or PNM sympathizers b/c it sounding like all yuh have a tabanca that the PNM couldn't do anything right.

1. Multiple factors. Take a look at the the mexican drug war and u will understand what come with the fight against the narco trade.
2. There is a process that has to follow when undertaking megaprojects. Is nuh no box drain project in some backroad in central we talking bout here. From feasibility to construction. Cyar blame pnm if they following best practice. PP should thank their lucky stars that pnm laid the foundation for these projects. And even so, PP still manage to divert from set procedure and make a mess of tings
3. Again, ground work laid by the pnm that the PP now implementing. Same with the beetham reuse project. They shelved it when they came into power and they looking to quietly bring it back possibly with an incomplete feasibility study.
4. Well I hear that the jcc had some comments on a draft but I haven't seen it and wouldn't comment
5.ask urself. Do u trust the PP to undertake the tabling of any constitution reform legislation?
6. Most important proper management. Right now the rhas are hampered by corruption and nepotism.
7. Can't blame pm if they follow best practice.
8. U have a point

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 13th, 2014, 3:08 pm

The symbol of purity
uploadfromtaptalk1397415987946.jpg

UML

Postby UML » April 13th, 2014, 7:45 pm

Yep the corruption is "pure" to see in World GTL, Lara Stadium, MS Sue, Rapid Rail, Pena Church, UTT, etc etc

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 13th, 2014, 8:22 pm

UML wrote:Yep the corruption is "pure" to see in World GTL, Lara Stadium, MS Sue, Rapid Rail, Pena Church, UTT, etc etc

But section 34

UML

Postby UML » April 13th, 2014, 10:09 pm

So sad u fell for the hype

U can't even understand the real reason it was created

Mainly to benefit pnmites behind bars tying up the judicial system

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 13th, 2014, 10:11 pm

UML wrote:So sad u fell for the hype

Jerome and maurice? Section 34 was for them?

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 14th, 2014, 6:33 am

PNM pure?

Undiluted actions like calling an election when he ent need to? :lol: Pure actions like getting too big for he boots, and sacking Rowley for silliness?

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 14th, 2014, 7:49 am

desifemlove wrote:PNM pure?

Undiluted actions like calling an election when he ent need to? :lol: Pure actions like getting too big for he boots, and sacking Rowley for silliness?

well manning issa back bencher now. growley has brought the purity back to the party.

anyways, hearing that silver fox have he coins dem and ready to jump enn le dance. if bas coming back, i voting for his party

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 14th, 2014, 8:05 am

Nervewrecker any rebuttal to my transportation suggestions?
You've been really silent since.

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » April 15th, 2014, 12:18 am

rfari wrote:

Is pnmites in jail by they too short sighted to see how the 34 would have helped them...

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 15th, 2014, 12:43 am

lol...

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » April 15th, 2014, 6:29 am

toyota2nr wrote:
rfari wrote:

Is pnmites in jail by they too short sighted to see how the 34 would have helped them...

So u saying that pp's sole intention was to help out the black breddas in jail?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 15th, 2014, 6:58 am

I think the main intention was to ease the backlog of cases that should have been finished long ago so that new cases don't drag on forever like those. or maybe it was solely to get a couple of their financiers out of jail and that is why the pnm supported it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”