TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

.::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Which major party will you be voting for in G.E. 2015?

Poll ended at April 9th, 2014, 7:52 pm

People's National Movement
26%
People's Partnership
53%
Independent Liberal Party
2%
Neither/Abstain
20%

Total votes: 388

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby Arcmanov » April 10th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Is 'reduced corruption' a man say dey yes.

*rubs eyes*

Yep...it still says 'reduced corruption'.

Waaaayyyyy...

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » April 10th, 2014, 1:42 pm

Note to Kamla/UNC - reducing corruption cyah come from legislation alone....it's we culture.. :wink: yuh cyah pass no law against culture, it takes generations to truly change. :wink:

As for Vision 2030, lol.. why? What benefits would advanced economy status have, apart from PNM dickswinging over CARICOM or whoever is poorer? How would PNM even know we an advanced economy (by which international body, since there are several definitions), and more importantly how would we sustain it? No use getting a high UN HDI rating, or joining the OECD, but we continuing being corrupt and we get demoted in the HDI rankings. I ent see how KRowley will handle that...

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 10th, 2014, 1:47 pm

And this country will improve once we have consensus on the national interest. ALL successful countries do. How many Americans say get rid of Medicare/Medicaid? How many British people say to renationalise BP, or the electricity companies? Not many, cos dey ent making sense for the national wellbeing. The same can be applied to Canada, Australia, Germany, Japan, even Barbados. People here say "how come Bajans first world and we not?" It's because as they more stable dey able to plan collectively a way forward.

Until we have some broad agreement of how to progress, we'll continue to have issues. We tink we should diversify, but into which sectors/industries? We say we want constitutional reform, but people piss up ah stink at gay rights, or God in the constitution or other sheit. how many tings can UNC, PNM, COP, ILP people, etc. generally agree should stay, change or be instituted for the general/common good? Not many tings, i does tell yuh...

Do we even know how to solve crime? lol.. And dey say UNC recycling old PNM initiatives. lol....

Said this before, but PNM ent no saviour, maybe red instead ah yellow, but red sheit smell as bad as yellow sheit..

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » April 10th, 2014, 3:22 pm

^save your breath.
Abstaining next elections.
Both PP and PNM is sheit

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 10th, 2014, 4:13 pm

I'z off meh soapbox now :lol: :lol: political issues get meh blood racing, i mus say...

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 11th, 2014, 1:42 am

The EBC should have the option "NOTA" on the ballot paper - None Of The Above. Now you will see a high voter turnout and counters the stupid argument "If you don't vote, don't complain."

UML

Postby UML » April 11th, 2014, 7:10 am

rasc, being the "intellect" and political ANALyst you are, what about the "Undecided/Swing voters" who win elections for a party?

kaylex
Riding on 16's

Postby kaylex » April 11th, 2014, 7:29 am

I thought was just me .. a man say reduced corruption. Some of you all just as demented as some of our politicians. CPI gone and this joker bawling corruption gone down.
I guess the murder rate gone down as I seeing Ministry of Nat Sec saying on tv too. Playing ass with statistics. No arrest of white collar criminals, FIU is a failure, the police detection rate is still terribly low as same with PNM, all kind of nefarious ting going on.. Police killings rise, more officers before the court, expenditure similar to PNM .. no improved svcs or efficiency.

Claiming a reduction in traffic woes is nothing to claim. As all road policies and highway plans were done since John Humphrey days. Nothing to claim here IMO.

Tobago autonomy.. where that gone ?

Campaign finance reform.. where that gone?

Improved health svcs somebody say earlier in thread: Are you serious ??? You see how much children we loose in the last couple years in the natal wards?

water for all?? are you serious ?? population growth and no new dams.. Think one was suppose to build in Mamoral.. Blue Prints done. Suppose to provide better water supply for south.. no dam.. lets give letters of comfort to squatters for votes in mamoral area.

Fellas some of you not real nah.. Patos get vote out cause he went mad.. pnm voters vote in pp.. lets not get it twisted at all.. it isnt so much as the PP was such a great alternative. Understand the difference.. PP didnt win the election.. Patos lost it.....

The thing is the PP voters regardless of what nonsense they do or money they theif. As someone told me .. once is one ah we theifing I have no problem... so, most of the core base of UNC will never change their votes.

All of you all bawling you ent voting.. STOP dat talk.. Cause you lining up next election and vote quiet quiet. Nothing is in anyway better than it was under the PNM. if you wanna be delusional and say we getting value for money.. you on sheit.. my issue is who rapes the coffers of the country less and who appears to try to do the right thing..

UML

Postby UML » April 11th, 2014, 7:46 am

what is the PNM's position on Procurement procedures?

what is the PNM's position on election campaign financing?

I wont hold my breath for an answer! :lol: :lol:

you dont need dams just better water management 8-)

in addition to upgrades to desalination plants and waste water treatment plants 8-)

had a conversation with a pnmite i know when i was saying we should not give non tnt nationals free healthcare and he was yes we should I said why should I have to wait 24 hrs for a bed while non nationals using them and it is a strain on the economy taxpayers and the healthcare system.....being a pnm as he is he conveniently changed his story and said..."i does get trhough the hospital fast now....in one hour i was in and out the other day in sando" being a closet sheep and trying to prove why we shud give non nationals healthcare he didnt know he proved that the govt was indeed improving healthcare....i mentioned to him that he was proving this govt working and he watched me with a blnk stare and shut up :lol: :lol: :lol:

kaylex
Riding on 16's

Postby kaylex » April 11th, 2014, 8:49 am

I dont know if you read what I wrote properly. the fact remains we complain bout one party and the other doing similar if not worse...
But as you and many other UNC worshippers say... "DEM DO IT TOO"

ROI both of them rape us regardless...
I just pointed out one issue related to providing a better water supply for south trinidad. If you want to nit pick and suggest other issues.. by all means..
we need another dam for south. The population of south has grown. the exisiting water infrastructure definetly cant handle that. Seven Trent's study way back in 1995 or thereabout would have shown that..
I know you going to comment and add another given ....
the fact remains the pp raping the country and services have not improved if not gotten worse.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 11th, 2014, 10:25 am

UML I'll answer you in a few wrt your question above.

Also please refrain from name calling etc.
This thread was created in the spirit of old political discussions on tuner. Don't drag it in the mud with childish behavior please. Thanks.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » April 11th, 2014, 10:33 am

Just remember, if you don't vote there are still the masses that do. No vote, no voice.

My vote has earned me the right to criticize any government.

UML

Postby UML » April 11th, 2014, 10:45 am

RASC wrote:UML I'll answer you in a few wrt your question above.

This thread was created in the spirit of old political discussions on tuner. Don't drag it in the mud with childish behavior please. Thanks.

k sorry...have a banana :|

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » April 11th, 2014, 10:54 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Just remember, if you don't vote there are still the masses that do. No vote, no voice.

My vote has earned me the right to criticize any government.

idk y ppl say "no vote no voice" i think its stupid, u who vote to put the corrupt bastards there should share jus as much blame as them.
the way things goin on both sides "no vote" is prolly the most moral thing one could do

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » April 11th, 2014, 10:56 am

RASC wrote:UML I'll answer you in a few wrt your question above.

i agree

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 11th, 2014, 12:02 pm

If I doh vote, iz my total prerogative to complain.

I'z a citizen. so PNM/UNC have to care for my interests, dat's what a government is for.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » April 11th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Nope, no vote gives you no voice. Think about it. You've exclude your self from the Democratic process, what point does that serve?

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » April 11th, 2014, 1:35 pm

so persons under 18 have no right to a voice then?

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » April 11th, 2014, 1:40 pm

oh goooaaaaar if you don't want to vote jaglal doh vote, from my experience PP/UNC supporters who are ashamed/ disillusioned love to say they're not voting and quietly put the 'X' next to the rising sun. I will take a rest from these political threads its just ppl justifying how they will always vote anyway. We not politically mature enough yet to deal with issues. The politicians are only poor representatives because on both sides there is a tribal majority.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 11th, 2014, 2:04 pm

Daran wrote:Nope, no vote gives you no voice. Think about it. You've exclude your self from the Democratic process, what point does that serve?

cos i use government services. the whole point of a state is to look after its citizens. as a citizen it's my right, and all others who don't vote.

we also pay tax. what yuh tink taxation is for, not to pay for roads, schools, electricity, tings we all does use?

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » April 11th, 2014, 2:19 pm

desifemlove wrote:
Daran wrote:Nope, no vote gives you no voice. Think about it. You've exclude your self from the Democratic process, what point does that serve?

cos i use government services. the whole point of a state is to look after its citizens. as a citizen it's my right, and all others who don't vote.

we also pay tax. what yuh tink taxation is for, not to pay for roads, schools, electricity, tings we all does use?

exactly

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 11th, 2014, 2:59 pm

The political landscape of T&T is very primitive.

There is no philosophy behind most persons voting choices. You ask the common man if he is left or center left or more right wing... he'll watch you with a blank look and say " all I want is my box drain in front mih yaad fix..is long time now etc etc"

The electorate by and large are lemmings and under educated-they do not think past this year or next year in terms of their overall well being.

It's a sad truth. What I am looking for... is an ideological difference between the parties. I've been arguing this since forever... the parties need to draw a line in the sand and say we stand for X...and stop appealing and pandering to the masses.

Transportation for me is the BIGGEST issue to tackle in this country.

Our poor transportation grid has lead to:

Higher stress levels (health, education, productivity)
Very high car dependency (health)
Loss in work hours(productivity)
...resulting in poor customer service, a more aggressive and agitated employee. It can be easily linked to even our poor diet and eating habits, as people don't have time to make a decent meal due to traffic. Poor health more burden on our health system... Dr. Khan was blasted for saying this recently but it's the damned truth.

People would walk more, our obesity levels would decrease, less sick days equal more productivity, more revenue generated... people would feel generally happier. Less burden on health means more monies freed to tackle other issues. Etc etc

Tackle Transportation!

Adrianoint
Riding on 13's

Postby Adrianoint » April 11th, 2014, 3:08 pm

PP: the most pathetic excuse for a government....full of scamps, thieves, uneducated fools and lick bottoms... :lol: :lol:

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 11th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Tackling transportation would have a positive effect on some but how many people are employed in the transportation industry currently? Thousands of maxi taxis, taxis PH etc. If you really make a move towards more government run public transport then you're going to put a lot of people essentially out of a job.

Unfortunately this social program was established decades ago to boost employment so to go back on that now would probably mean a huge uproar. I think the current government would LOVE to do it but 5 years probably isn't enough time to be in power for it to be feasible.

I'm pretty sure if they do get re-elected they will probably immediately put Trinidad into "hard times" mode to get everyone to be more responsible with our resources. So they may greatly expand the public transport network and simultaneously reduce the fuel subsidy to encourage people to use the public transport. There's no way they're going to do that the year before the elections cause for SURE they won't get back into power but it's something that needs to be done.

Honestly I don't NEED to drive to work. If I could walk out to the main road, wait a few minutes and be in a bus to a hub and then into POS I'd have no problem doing it. If it was prohibitively expensive for me to drive I would probably endure the waiting for a bus right now but honestly it's cheaper for me to drive on top of being infinitely more convenient.

That's why they need to get voted back in. If the government changes again, by the time the next government finishes getting the ministries running the way they want and start putting their plans in place you're into 2-3 years before the next election and they start to hold back on things we need to do so that they can improve their chances of being there another 5 years.

Sumana.00
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Sumana.00 » April 11th, 2014, 3:39 pm

so this is where RASC hiding!
Last edited by Sumana.00 on April 11th, 2014, 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » April 11th, 2014, 3:51 pm

Adrianoint wrote:PP: the most pathetic excuse for a government....full of scamps, thieves, uneducated fools and lick bottoms... :lol: :lol:

pal wah u goin on wid dey is not the point of the thread

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 11th, 2014, 3:56 pm

pete wrote:Tackling transportation would have a positive effect on some but how many people are employed in the transportation industry currently? Thousands of maxi taxis, taxis PH etc. If you really make a move towards more government run public transport then you're going to put a lot of people essentially out of a job.

Unfortunately this social program was established decades ago to boost employment so to go back on that now would probably mean a huge uproar. I think the current government would LOVE to do it but 5 years probably isn't enough time to be in power for it to be feasible.

I'm pretty sure if they do get re-elected they will probably immediately put Trinidad into "hard times" mode to get everyone to be more responsible with our resources. So they may greatly expand the public transport network and simultaneously reduce the fuel subsidy to encourage people to use the public transport. There's no way they're going to do that the year before the elections cause for SURE they won't get back into power but it's something that needs to be done.

Honestly I don't NEED to drive to work. If I could walk out to the main road, wait a few minutes and be in a bus to a hub and then into POS I'd have no problem doing it. If it was prohibitively expensive for me to drive I would probably endure the waiting for a bus right now but honestly it's cheaper for me to drive on top of being infinitely more convenient.

That's why they need to get voted back in. If the government changes again, by the time the next government finishes getting the ministries running the way they want and start putting their plans in place you're into 2-3 years before the next election and they start to hold back on things we need to do so that they can improve their chances of being there another 5 years.

They had no major mass transit plan before, but you want to HOPE that in the second term they tackle the issue? Hmmm That's a H U G E if.

1000's supposedly out of a job?
I dont think so...it'll usher in a change in car car mentality...meaning more people would actually now be taking transport...thus taxis and maxis would STILL be needed.

The sign of progress of a society is NOT when the common man can buy a car, but when the rich man takes public transportation. Think about that for a sec.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 11th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Adrianoint wrote:PP: the most pathetic excuse for a government....full of scamps, thieves, uneducated fools and lick bottoms... :lol: :lol:

Don't start that talk please. Thanks.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 11th, 2014, 5:22 pm

What you think will happen in the interim while people driving start parking up their cars and there is a huge excess in public transport? Buses are cheaper to use now but people use maxis cause the lines for Buses are too long so People go for the easier option. Plus you can offer much cheaper fares on a bus holding 48 people than a maxi holding 11 in terms of fuel cost etc.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » April 11th, 2014, 7:39 pm

RASC wrote:The political landscape of T&T is very primitive.

There is no philosophy behind most persons voting choices. You ask the common man if he is left or center left or more right wing... he'll watch you with a blank look and say " all I want is my box drain in front mih yaad fix..is long time now etc etc"

The electorate by and large are lemmings and under educated-they do not think past this year or next year in terms of their overall well being.

It's a sad truth. What I am looking for... is an ideological difference between the parties. I've been arguing this since forever... the parties need to draw a line in the sand and say we stand for X...and stop appealing and pandering to the masses.

Transportation for me is the BIGGEST issue to tackle in this country.

Our poor transportation grid has lead to:

Higher stress levels (health, education, productivity)
Very high car dependency (health)
Loss in work hours(productivity)
...resulting in poor customer service, a more aggressive and agitated employee. It can be easily linked to even our poor diet and eating habits, as people don't have time to make a decent meal due to traffic. Poor health more burden on our health system... Dr. Khan was blasted for saying this recently but it's the damned truth.

People would walk more, our obesity levels would decrease, less sick days equal more productivity, more revenue generated... people would feel generally happier. Less burden on health means more monies freed to tackle other issues. Etc etc

Tackle Transportation!

I may haffa put meh flameproof suit on, but we does need a fast food tax and planter subsidies. 35% VAT on all fast food. 8-) and subsidies for anybody growing fruits, veg, and selling in market or to supermarkets. even if a family wanna grow tomatoes in dey yard and sell, good.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”