Forums

We Are African Apes!!!!!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

We Are African Apes!!!!!

Postby bluefete » May 21st, 2014, 6:52 pm

This is the utter garbage that so many people believe. It comes straight out from the mouth of your great hero and atheist - Richard Dawkins.

SMDH!! x 1000000000

@1:02 - 1:03

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: We Are African Apes!!!!!

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 21st, 2014, 7:22 pm

I do believe that religious texts have fooled more people than that guy.
I could be wrong.

b068755c
Ricer

Postby b068755c » May 21st, 2014, 8:03 pm

why does science scare you idiots so much??? you people need to stop cherry picking science for your selfish wants and go back to the stone age where you belong...oh sorry you dont believe in that either...smh

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » May 21st, 2014, 8:05 pm

*looks down* yup definitely no sign of african here...

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » May 21st, 2014, 8:06 pm

:cry:

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » May 21st, 2014, 8:14 pm

dis Vega... :rofl:

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » May 21st, 2014, 9:35 pm

ME AMY......me pretty gorilla. You Bluefete UGGGGGLY.......

bonzo.specb
punchin NOS

Postby bonzo.specb » May 21st, 2014, 9:36 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:*looks down* yup definitely no sign of african here...

:lol:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 21st, 2014, 10:03 pm

lostboys crew wrote:ME AMY......me pretty gorilla. You Bluefete UGGGGGLY.......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 21st, 2014, 10:33 pm

Wikipedia wrote:The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnɨdiː/; also known as great apes) form a taxonomic family of primates, including four extant genera:

chimpanzees (Pan) – 2 species
gorillas (Gorilla) – 2 species
humans (Homo) – 1 species
orangutans (Pongo) – 2 species.

Apes (Hominoidea) are a branch of Old World tailless anthropoid catarrhine primates native to Africa and Southeast Asia and distinguished by a wide degree of freedom at the shoulder joint indicating the influence of brachiation. There are two main branches, the gibbons, or lesser apes, and another branch including hominids and other great apes.

Lesser apes (Hylobatidae) include four genera and sixteen species of gibbon, including the lar gibbon, and the siamang, all native to Asia. They are highly arboreal and bipedal on the ground. They have lighter bodies and smaller social groups than great apes.
The Hominidae include orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans. Alternatively, the family are collectively described as the great apes

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 21st, 2014, 11:49 pm

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
Take in Episode 2: "Some of the Things That Molecules Do", you'll learn something new instead of nitpicking..

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » May 22nd, 2014, 9:30 am

first of all, the idea that life just appeared on its own is hardly credible, secondly if evolution and life appearing all on its own is true how do you explain conciousness?

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 22nd, 2014, 10:18 am

ismithx wrote:first of all, the idea that life just appeared on its own is hardly credible, secondly if evolution and life appearing all on its own is true how do you explain conciousness?

Why is it hardly credible? because YOU cannot understand it? Out of the billions of planets in the universe, ours just happened to have all the right ingredients for life to start. I'm pretty sure it will happen somewhere else in the universe also..

Evolution is a slow change in the biology of life over generations, it has nothing to do with where life came from.

Our brains learnt and adapted over time. Our self awareness came about through the need to survive. Having a consciousness is nothing extraordinary IMO. Don't forget there are other animals out there who can also think and reason with a high degree of accuracy. Some of them are also self aware!

Advent
Riding on 17's

Postby Advent » May 22nd, 2014, 10:38 am

3stagevtec wrote:
ismithx wrote:first of all, the idea that life just appeared on its own is hardly credible, secondly if evolution and life appearing all on its own is true how do you explain conciousness?

Why is it hardly credible? because YOU cannot understand it? Out of the billions of planets in the universe, ours just happened to have all the right ingredients for life to start. I'm pretty sure it will happen somewhere else in the universe also..

Evolution is a slow change in the biology of life over generations, it has nothing to do with where life came from.

Our brains learnt and adapted over time. Our self awareness came about through the need to survive. Having a consciousness is nothing extraordinary IMO. Don't forget there are other animals out there who can also think and reason with a high degree of accuracy. Some of them are also self aware!

bro you take d bait to explain :? these religious people would never get it, if you could reason with the religious there wont be any religious.

We are all African apes, how genetics work is that say youre Indian right, you would have more in common with someone who is African or Chinese etc than someone who is also Indian. what does that say ?

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » May 22nd, 2014, 10:39 am

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 22nd, 2014, 10:57 am

Advent wrote:bro you take d bait to explain :? these religious people would never get it, if you could reason with the religious there wont be any religious.

well said

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 22nd, 2014, 11:20 am

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » May 22nd, 2014, 11:31 am

inb4 bibletoters vs scientist

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » May 22nd, 2014, 11:39 am

3stagevtec wrote:

you misunderstand me. i have an understanding of this explanation for the formation of life, seems very unlikely. If life came about this way, then shouldn't we be able to create living organisms by manually assembling at least a one-celled organism?

my point is not about self-awareness, it is about conciousness. we can build computer programs and robots that respond to situations automatically, but are they concious? When I say conciousness, I mean the perspective by which you see and perceive other stimuli. For this, you should refer to the mind-body problem, which has long been a debated issue in psychology. My personal opinion is that the mind and body are actually separate, because if there was only the body (brain), then we wouldn't have a conciousness. In this case, the most sensible theory for me is the belief that we were created as described in the Bible. I'm just being a straight-up logical person here, I like to believe in something that makes sense.

Advent
Riding on 17's

Postby Advent » May 22nd, 2014, 12:06 pm

ismithx wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:

you misunderstand me. i have an understanding of this explanation for the formation of life, seems very unlikely. If life came about this way, then shouldn't we be able to create living organisms by manually assembling at least a one-celled organism?

my point is not about self-awareness, it is about conciousness. we can build computer programs and robots that respond to situations automatically, but are they concious? When I say conciousness, I mean the perspective by which you see and perceive other stimuli. For this, you should refer to the mind-body problem, which has long been a debated issue in psychology. My personal opinion is that the mind and body are actually separate, because if there was only the body (brain), then we wouldn't have a conciousness. In this case, the most sensible theory for me is the belief that we were created as described in the Bible. I'm just being a straight-up logical person here, I like to believe in something that makes sense.

ad hominem, no true scottsman fallacy, straw man , Argument from ignorance,
Argument from (personal) incredulity, Circular reasoning, but most of all Equivocation!

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » May 22nd, 2014, 12:16 pm

Advent wrote:
ismithx wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:

Argument from (personal) incredulity, Circular reasoning, but most of all Equivocation!

and a good day to you sir

why is it that people always beat up so when they can't take a lil debate? if you believe so much in evolution and such then convince me!

dok_tec
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dok_tec » May 22nd, 2014, 12:34 pm

bluefete wrote:This is the utter garbage that so many people believe. It comes straight out from the mouth of your great hero and atheist - Richard Dawkins.

Professor Clinton Richard Dawkins DSc, FRS, FRSL
Quite a title OP....

zcarz
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby zcarz » May 22nd, 2014, 1:33 pm

I will not really explain too much because I don't have time but I have done quite a lot of biomedical research on evolution. Long story short, we reached our anatomically modern form in Africa and moved out. We developed there from archaic apes that no longer exist but who are also the direct ancestors of modern chimps. We did NOT come from modern chimps. We moved out of Africa about 200,000 years ago and populated the planet. Simple, this is not something that can be doubted and argued at this point. This is scientific fact.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 22nd, 2014, 1:40 pm

He Mussbe did real hate Noah movie

belalegosi
18 pounds of Boost

Postby belalegosi » May 22nd, 2014, 1:59 pm

ismithx wrote:my point is not about self-awareness, it is about conciousness. we can build computer programs and robots that respond to situations automatically, but are they concious? When I say conciousness, I mean the perspective by which you see and perceive other stimuli. For this, you should refer to the mind-body problem, which has long been a debated issue in psychology. My personal opinion is that the mind and body are actually separate, because if there was only the body (brain), then we wouldn't have a conciousness. In this case, the most sensible theory for me is the belief that we were created as described in the Bible. I'm just being a straight-up logical person here, I like to believe in something that makes sense.

Our consciousness is a collection of learned responses from our experiences. Like lines of code. The difference between us and programs is that we "write" our own programming as we go.
Artificial intelligence does exist, just not to the level people see on TV.

But entertain me, when a person dies... where does the conscious go? After all, mind and body are separate right?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 22nd, 2014, 2:05 pm

ismithx wrote:first of all, the idea that life just appeared on its own is hardly credible

ismithx wrote:you misunderstand me. i have an understanding of this explanation for the formation of life, seems very unlikely.

The argument of how likely it is (probability argument) doesn't hold much water when you think about it. Let's say there is a 1 in a billion chance of a planet forming in a solar system that could support life and then another 1 in a billion chance that life will start and evolve long enough to become conscious. Now look at the number of stars in the sky and the estimated number of solar systems and you would realise that if the probability was as high as one in a billion billion, there would still be billions of planets with sentient life.

ismithx wrote:my point is not about self-awareness, it is about conciousness. ... My personal opinion is that the mind and body are actually separate, because if there was only the body (brain), then we wouldn't have a conciousness. In this case, the most sensible theory for me is the belief that we were created as described in the Bible. I'm just being a straight-up logical person here, I like to believe in something that makes sense.

This is a great question. Currently scientists cannot answer exactly where consciousness comes from, but, they are working on it and given the scientific advancements in the last 50 years (as opposed to the 5000 years before that) I have a good feeling that they will figure it out eventually. But this lack of an answer is not proof for the bible... it just means that there is still work to be done. Also note that there are transition "life" forms that are considered between chemistry and biology. This is where scientists are currently looking possible mechanisms for the origin of life. I don't have the time to do all the research for you right now but take a read of this article from 10 years ago
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-viruses-alive-2004/

Now I have a question for you. If the body and mind are truly separate (the body can exist without the mind... like a dead body) can the mind exist without the body?

Advent
Riding on 17's

Postby Advent » May 22nd, 2014, 3:02 pm

ismithx wrote:
Advent wrote:
ismithx wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:

and a good day to you sir

why is it that people always beat up so when they can't take a lil debate? if you believe so much in evolution and such then convince me!

is not that i beating up tho, is just evolution, gravity, earth revolve around the sun etc are all facts
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method, and repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation.

how do you explain your vestigial organs ? your 98% dna match to chimps, common ancestry to all life on earth ?

Slartibartfast wrote:Now I have a question for you. If the body and mind are truly separate (the body can exist without the mind... like a dead body) can the mind exist without the body?

lol Slartibartfast apparently he thinks the mind floats around in some kinda quantum superposition ?
i mean because if a humans gets serious brain injury sometimes the person before the accident does not exists anymore because consciousness is a by product of the brain :P

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 22nd, 2014, 3:17 pm

well considering Evolution is a proven fact as 2+2 = 4 is a proven fact then yes we are African Apes.

Why do you think that when someone makes a video on youtube and they claim god is real and evolution is false why does that video then have more down votes and reports than Justin Bieber videos?

Because denying fact and evidence based on false beliefs is a very wicked thing to do.

Also Dawkins already said science cannot prove that god isn't real nor does science care if god is real or not what science cares about is the truth.

Offcourse we have free will so we can choose to believe 2+2= 17

So is 2+2= 17 a reasonable answer in today's modern world? I say NO

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 22nd, 2014, 4:28 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:well considering Evolution is a proven fact as 2+2 = 4 is a proven fact then yes we are African Apes.

Why do you think that when someone makes a video on youtube and they claim god is real and evolution is false why does that video then have more down votes and reports than Justin Bieber videos?

Because denying fact and evidence based on false beliefs is a very wicked thing to do.

Also Dawkins already said science cannot prove that god isn't real nor does science care if god is real or not what science cares about is the truth.

lolwut

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 22nd, 2014, 5:36 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:well considering Evolution is a proven fact as 2+2 = 4 is a proven fact then yes we are African Apes.

you went so far down that rabbit hole

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”