TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Best prepaid credit card...which to get?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Bess prepaid credit card...which to get?

Postby 88sins » October 17th, 2014, 1:07 pm

rambo88 wrote:"You will need to take two valid forms of national ID, a recent utility bill on your name, job letter (signed original, not a copy), pay slip and US$10.
Take adequate time off cause it takes over 2 hours.

All correct except that last statement, depends on which branch & what time.
ideally it takes about 15-20 minutes.

RhymePaladin wrote:yeah so what does one who cant get a job letter do? :|

It's a prepaid card, so most of the info they ask for is really just a formality & a way to ensure you not gonna use it to launder money. You could just fabricate a JL, they are not going to call to confirm your employment anyway. When I applied for one for my daughter I just went with a JL with no emolument data or tenure information. They never even called to confirm any of the scant info on it.

CBharath
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby CBharath » October 28th, 2014, 2:25 pm

Hey fellas , anyone heard or use of dwolla yet? https://www.dwolla.com/

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » October 29th, 2014, 10:31 am

CBharath wrote:Hey fellas , anyone heard or use of dwolla yet? https://www.dwolla.com/

Currently, Dwolla is for U.S. residents only (with a valid U.S. mailing address and SSN).
Dwolla can also only be linked to U.S. bank accounts.

sekhar_777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sekhar_777 » December 3rd, 2020, 12:11 pm

Given current reductions in options (FCB, bmobile, RBL VTM gone), any suggestions?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 3rd, 2020, 12:40 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:I use the Republic Bank VTM card. With sms banking I could text a transfer request and get US$ on in in about 30 seconds. It don't get much better than that The service is normally down between 12am and 2am for maintenance

What are the fees to transfer funds to the VTM card that way?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Best prepaid credit card...which to get?

Postby MaxPower » December 3rd, 2020, 9:23 pm

I see desifemlove name in the feed and almost get a heart attack yes...

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » January 20th, 2021, 4:26 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:I use the Republic Bank VTM card. With sms banking I could text a transfer request and get US$ on in in about 30 seconds. It don't get much better than that The service is normally down between 12am and 2am for maintenance

Ohhhh..... this was muchas lunes antes. I think Republic Bank did away with their VTM cards when the GORTT started putting restrictions on USD. FYI, they used to charge you 1.1% of your topup as a service charge regardless of method. There were no other fees.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 20th, 2021, 6:30 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Ohhhh..... this was muchas lunes antes. I think Republic Bank did away with their VTM cards when the GORTT started putting restrictions on USD. FYI, they used to charge you 1.1% of your topup as a service charge regardless of method. There were no other fees.

Correct. I still have one of those cards and it's still active but they will not be renewing any new cards

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 20th, 2021, 8:47 pm

Mine expring next month.

Rel pain
alfa wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Correct. I still have one of those cards and it's still active but they will not be renewing any new cards

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » January 20th, 2021, 8:51 pm

serious question: what are the chances of getting a basic credit card from the bank, with a near minimum wage salary, unremarkable savings account and no liabilities.

doh need no fancy card or anything. just something to shop online at local places, like dominos, etc.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 20th, 2021, 10:14 pm

paid_influencer wrote:serious question: what are the chances of getting a basic credit card from the bank, with a near minimum wage salary, unremarkable savings account and no liabilities.

doh need no fancy card or anything. just something to shop online at local places, like dominos, etc.

you can easily get a fully secured card

you just hadda put a 5000 or 10,000 as collateral and they will give you that amount to use on the card.

well that was the scene years ago.....banks on real flabbergastery these days

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » January 20th, 2021, 10:25 pm

paid_influencer wrote:serious question: what are the chances of getting a basic credit card from the bank, with a near minimum wage salary, unremarkable savings account and no liabilities.

Most of the local banks offer Visa debit cards which can be used for local online shopping.
Scotia - https://tt.scotiabank.com/about-scotiab ... acard.html

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » January 21st, 2021, 9:36 am

You is a bobolee or what? Yout acting like you have no power and the bank doing you a favor.
If they don't want to give you a credit card close your account and move it to one that will.

Do your research before and when you find one willing go in and tell your current bank unless they give you a card you closing your account immediately.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 21st, 2021, 11:55 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Mine expring next month.

Rel pain

it doesn't have to be.

if a person wan'ts a cc but fraid they won't qualify or you applied already and their application was rejected, even if it was rejected due to bad credit, it have something they can to make it a little easier to get. Just have to open an account with the bank and deposit the full amount of the limit of the card you want or little more. that way, the card is fully secured, so the risk to the bank is minimized to some degree. but of course that means you have to have the disposable income in cash up front.
after that, once you get it is up to you how you manage it (time your purchases & the amount you spending, & pay off balances on time to avoid interest)

One advantage, is that once you manage the cc, when you ready to done away with it, if all goes swell, your money still right there where you left it

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 21st, 2021, 12:56 pm

Lol

I have a CC
But i like the VTM

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”