Work continues. Curbing looks nice.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1406665555.950813.jpg

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1406665571.118353.jpg

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1406665584.333882.jpg

DurzoBlint1
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Wallerfield to be revived for CMRC Regional Racing

Postby DurzoBlint1 » July 29th, 2014, 7:40 pm

This is great news guys.Thanks a mill.Now there is some hope for the people who are passionate about motorsports.May we see many more motorsports events in this area god willing.Your are great fellows at the head ot ttasa.Our hopes re in you.

Muhammad Sahadat

waxcmus
Street 2NR

Postby waxcmus » July 31st, 2014, 12:10 pm

V8 Boys wrote:The days are counting down to an EPIC weekend...will you be there?

Still lots to be done and the work is satisfying, the friendship and oneness of purpose is real.
T&T stands to benefit...but we MUST work shoulder to shoulder...for the benefit of T&T Motorsport.

Like you get promise a free ticket

HN Racing
Ricer

Postby HN Racing » July 31st, 2014, 1:43 pm

WAXCMUS...

IT'S HARD WORKING PEOPLE, DOING THE BEST THEY CAN WITH LITTLE THEY'VE GOT TO LIFT MOTOR SPORT IN TNT.

THE PEOPLE YOU SEE HAVE VOLUNTEERED THEIR TIME FOR NO REWARDS, NO TICKETS, NO MONEY.

WE ALL HAVE TO STOP MAKING COMMENTS AGANIST AND WORK TOGETHER, IT'S ALL FOR US IN MOTOR SPORT.

COME OUT & HELP, DO SOMETHING WORTH TALKING ABOUT,

WE NEED ALL THE MAN POWER & HELP OUT THERE.

waxcmus
Street 2NR

Postby waxcmus » July 31st, 2014, 10:37 pm

HN Racing wrote:WAXCMUS...

IT'S HARD WORKING PEOPLE, DOING THE BEST THEY CAN WITH LITTLE THEY'VE GOT TO LIFT MOTOR SPORT IN TNT.

THE PEOPLE YOU SEE HAVE VOLUNTEERED THEIR TIME FOR NO REWARDS, NO TICKETS, NO MONEY.

WE ALL HAVE TO STOP MAKING COMMENTS AGANIST AND WORK TOGETHER, IT'S ALL FOR US IN MOTOR SPORT.

COME OUT & HELP, DO SOMETHING WORTH TALKING ABOUT,

WE NEED ALL THE MAN POWER & HELP OUT THERE.

So Haresh if everyone volunteering their time, work and money now are also collecting repayment from the gate proceeds? VIP is $1000 if They sell 1000 VIP tix. That's $1million

The man who was mixing concrete as a volunteer getting any of that?

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » July 31st, 2014, 11:15 pm

For a certainty, there are a few who feel that "everything and everyone" must get a share.

But really that isn't the way things work...and especially Motorsport...

It is NOT a sport where gentlemen are bred...it is not for the soft of heart...nor is it for poor people.

People who race, whether they be drags, circuit, drifting, time attack, rallying etc...do so with the intent to spend money. No one races because they want to share their trophies or prize money. The goal of racing is to....yes, WIN.

Now, are those that go to see the races entitled to GET something from the organisation that holds an event? Simple answer> no.

Should those who "volunteer" their services, time and efforts >like the guy mixing the cement....be ENTITLED to a free pass? NO.

Surely there are a few who feel they should just waltz in and get a free ting cause all ah dem big shots getting in free...or so he thinks.

Without the big shots friend, there is no progress, there is no racing, there is nothing.

If that was where you were going with the VIP prices (and how dem men makin ah money dred) then you clearly don't understand the principles of business.

Rather, those who GENUINELY help and volunteer their services are HAPPY to pay for a pass....because they are contributing to the cause...and do not think of their efforts as going in "somebody's pocket".

TTASA just like every organisation in existence for OVER 30 years has it's ups and downs...but make no mistake about it....TTASA has been instrumental and central to the cause and history of Motorsport in T&T...period!

And guess what?

They are the future too.....no not because i playin dey tune or singin for my lunch money...but who else could have gotten Wallers to use?

If all that I've typed here, offends and comes across as unfounded...then let that last question sink in.

The sooner everyone...let me get put that in red> EVERYONE realises that the only way a race facility can be "acquired/built/bought/financed" is through TTASA...the better.
The acronyms FIA and NACAM are all that needs to be understood in this context.

The event, if all goes well and the foreign teams arrive and the tv crews get the footage...will make all of the Caribbean, including PR and even the mainland USA sit up and take notice.

That is the bigger picture.

RS2RS2
Ricer

Postby RS2RS2 » August 1st, 2014, 12:58 am

Waxcmus.... please stop with the stupid comments
Last edited by RS2RS2 on August 1st, 2014, 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

RS2RS2
Ricer

Postby RS2RS2 » August 1st, 2014, 1:00 am

Everyone involved is doing it for the love of motorsport.. in attempt to possibly see the govt finally get behind motorsport

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » August 1st, 2014, 1:16 am

RS2RS2 wrote:Everyone involved is doing it for the love of motorsport..
Love of the sport is fantastic. I think all he was asking is who is collecting the money at the gate? The lovers of the sport or a few individuals currently running TTASA?

People are rightfully critical of TTASA based on 99% of their past activity.

RS2RS2
Ricer

Postby RS2RS2 » August 1st, 2014, 1:45 am

RS2RS2
Ricer

Postby RS2RS2 » August 1st, 2014, 1:48 am

Understood 100%... I'm just asking how all this got done? Charity?

1/4 mile king
Street 2NR

Postby 1/4 mile king » August 1st, 2014, 3:57 am

I believe who ever spending or putting themselves in debt to get the job done will collect the gate fees and what not idk. It is only fair i suppose. But i am sure they wont make back the millions that it is taking to revive wallerfield in a single event. Despite that being said i really wish them the best and hope they make a huge profit for grabbing the bull by its horns. Since 2006 no one has done or tried anything drastic for circuit racing until now. SO BE SUPPORTIVE PLEASE. WE NEED THIS TO BE A BIG SUCCESS. WHATEVER THE RESULT THE EFFORTS ARE WORTH IT.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » August 1st, 2014, 7:12 am

1/4 mile king wrote: ........grabbing the bull by its horns. ...........

guys...I am a TTASA Management's BIGGEST critic (not 'stoopid' criticisms, though) & this one phrase above from 1/4 mile king's contribution has me shaking Mr. Robert Amar's hand....
All the enthusiasm, hype, anticipation...EMOTION...are seething around the approaching mega racing event (Caribbean Motor Racing Championship ) at Wallerfield & clearly reflected in the posts above...........
TRINIDAD IS CAR COUNTRY & ALL OF T&T EAGERLY AWAITS THE REOPENING OF THE WALLERFIELD RACING CIRCUIT.
I, for one, will be there to be part of the revival of motor racing :idea:

Type Rated
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Type Rated » August 1st, 2014, 7:54 am

Well said V8

waxcmus
Street 2NR

Postby waxcmus » August 4th, 2014, 8:56 am

Retardieu like you forgetting that you is the one that get vex with TTASA and V8 Boys left TTASA's motorsport general council?

viewtopic.php?p=6659840#p6659840

V8 Boys wrote:
In part 2, I made mention of the "Costs", yes we have somewhere to race but at what cost?... At this moment, we do not have the God-fathers of drag racing with us... Now before I go laying blame again, please get this point clearly: Isn't it an insult to our racing heritage that they are "discarded" in favor of those who are happy just to "tow the line"? Let me put it another way, these MEN, have been made to understand, that, if they dont like whats going on then, too bad...WE HAVE D PLACE AND ALL YUH HAVE TO ABIDE BY OUR RULES!

V8 Boys wrote:
there's a public perception that, TTASA has been making a killing with the drags, now that may be "sort of true" when a massive crowd shows up, but is that WRONG? Actually it would be wrong IF...and only if the AGENDA is to Suffocate the voices of the Racing God Fathers, who have been there from day 1, and collectively have the most knowledge, and experience in Drag Racing....AS OPPOSED TO....milking the young ppl who too dotish to see thats it not a real track and that they love to hear the "pop and fizz" of the Turbo Boys...so catch dem hook, line and sinker dem wid d $50! How could I say this? It was a few short years ago, when the Festival Of Sport was held in Sfdo, and it was realised that drag racers would not be represented....Want to know what was said?... "We not caterin to dem, cause dey is just a bunch of 3/4 pants racers", AND it is that type of 2 faced-ness that many are upset about.

V8 Boys wrote:
[TTASA say] Scorpion dont want to listen? Ah go get somebody else, MSGC gettin outta hand? we go form ah nex one... V8 Boys talkin too much, so what we doh need them... EVEN IF those aforementioned points are true, where is it leading us? Can you guys imagine what it'll be like if the Govt graces us with a NEW track, and only Mr Ali has the keys for it?

Who's really goin to pay the price for all of this?
Still Mr. Ali, but Mr. Jameer Ali this time though. Nothing else changed but the venue.

I guess V8 Boys had his own carshow in south and it make big money, but he didn't give any thing back to the hundreds of people who contributed to make sure the event went off - he pocket all and probably still owing Bad Granny money. So to V8 Boys, what TTASA doing here is OK that everybody volunteer and contribute but only a few TTASA heads collect the door money and no transparency of how much money they collecting from the Gov't.

Is it fair that one contributor be referred to as a volunteer while the other be referred to as an investor?

The camaraderie is NICE, but this is nothing more than a promoter seeking a big payout while getting the people giddy with hope so they can help him get rich for free.

HN Racing
Ricer

Postby HN Racing » August 4th, 2014, 9:08 am

Well said guys & thanks for your motor Sport support, well will go forward.

On Wednesday 6th, I & a couple of motor sport people will be attempting to paint the track, it's back breaking work.

The track was completely washed, looks great & allot of other work done.

Yesterday I saw some 60+ TTASA men working as if they were 19-teen but today I'm sure they're in pain but this is what people will do for the love of motor sport for no rewards. Just for a place to RACE.

All I want is a place to race my cars, I don't care who makes the money, once everyone is treated fairly & with respect..

You may not know this but I've been in motor sport from a tender age of 8 (1978) to date, which includes my entire family, Mom, Dad & Brothers. Now it's my family, wife & 2 kids (8 & 11mts).

I've seen it all (good & bad) but stuck with it and enjoyed every moment local & foreign.

Any one remember the first timing system design for drags in TNT/TTASA @ wallerfield ?

Yesterday we had to enlighten some members, ask around and you'l be very, very surprise of what it was make off for triggering the timing clocks.

bumblebeetuna
Street 2NR

Postby bumblebeetuna » August 4th, 2014, 9:14 am

waximus dan...dont beat up soo much.

we cant do without ttasa.. so we have to make it better..

sooo lets move on.. get racing back.. and trust me corruption is everywhere.. we cant stop it.
u think barbados track is uncorrupted.. dat track has soo much corruption behind it, u aint even know...

lets make this event big.. we need to.. we need to get back the track.. and its on eteck property so we have to impress.. they dont need to give us back the land..its for industrial purposes
we need to make the government realise that trinidad needs this

HN Racing
Ricer

Postby HN Racing » August 4th, 2014, 9:17 am

bumblebeetuna..................

you could not have said it any better, I hope they he could understand what you're saying.

chiney_dolly
Street 2NR

Postby chiney_dolly » August 4th, 2014, 11:45 am

Well guys- i know its late.

but im actually trying to put things in place to come to Trinidad.
My greatest issue is that the cars have to be loaded on the ship by THIS friday :/

Soooo.... let me see what can happen this week.
I'll keep you guys updated.

Type Rated
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Type Rated » August 4th, 2014, 11:55 am

Duane we need a like button ^

RoadWarrior
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RoadWarrior » August 4th, 2014, 12:15 pm

chiney_dolly,

Really hope you can make it.
Any other Reggae Racers coming? Looking forward to see you race as well as Gregg, Anderson, Rae, Summerbell, Gore... hope they can all make it.
This will be our first circuit racing event in many years, it will be great!

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » August 4th, 2014, 10:22 pm

I like many who chose to work in the open, in front of the public....know that we always come under scrutiny and sometimes unwanted and unfounded criticism.
After all, this IS Trinidad, where just an accusation is enough to tarnish or end your career.

I wont however sour the positive atmosphere that this glorious event has been generating.

I will however clarify just 3things that the goodly Mr WAXIMUS erroneously stated.

In making the comments on the debacle at Camden more than a year ago.. I was levelling my criticism at the then President of TTASA... Mr Ali.
It is through not only my efforts (as PRO of the TTV8CC) but also through the efforts of the then 7 affiliates of TTASA AND Mr Ali and Co that Camden was given to motorsport.

I have never left the council or been thrown out of it. It simply...dissolved.

The fact that I can freely and unashamedly go to ANY TTASA event including going and mixing cement with the guys week before is testimony of the strength of my reputation and ability to meet and greet ALL sorts of people..and most importantly, the fact that TTASA knows I mean well...hence, I can freely go to TTUNDRA events, to ASA events and to NARA events.

Secondly, I held a show that was not only good for the V8 Boys...that's me, but for the WHOLE OF T&T....

Wait til you hear what I have planned next! Do the words Pinks All Out! have any meaning to you?

I worked very hard and was assisted by many who did so for no other reason than their love and affection for me and what I do...which is to BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER.

So what I made a little money...wasn't a 1/4 million many are guessing.Paid off my wife's credit card too!
It was the greatest comeback of all time...and guess what? NEXT year will be even bigger...and all those that helped are going to do so again.

And finally...I don't OWE Bad Granny money...
I started fighting cancer in Nov of 2011 and closed up my shop and underwent 2 surgeries and chemotherapy.....

Everyone took their vehicles out of my garage because they didn't think I would make it...INCLUDING Bad Nanny...er sorry Granny.

When I survived, barely, the 2nd surgery and was still baldheaded from the chemo...Bad Granny called me up and told me they wanted back the $ spent on the truck 2YEARS ago...or they'd "clean me out" with a lawyer.

I begged them to allow me to finish the truck and proceeded to go to their garage to weld and filler it while still doing chemo.

Last year they sent me a letter. We are awaiting a court date. All I have is a bunch of old cars...tisk tisk.

So Mr WAXIMUS, when you are casting aspersions and levelling sly remarks....please know the facts....I held a show NO-ONE else could have and had many many TTASA members present...even executive ones...and TTUNDRA and NARA and ASA .

I am still here and eh goin NOWHERE!

HN Racing
Ricer

Postby HN Racing » August 5th, 2014, 8:35 am

VB Boy,

thanks for your support,

SUNDAY 10th August, 2014............ Trincity Mall from 9.00-12.00 am TTASA will be checking cars, scrutineering.

I know it's hard to forgive. He's holding some bad feelings & beating up himself, for what I would like to understand, this is not the way forward.

We got to come together..

I'II be on the track tomorrow painting, have you seen it to date, looks allot better than the 30 odd years I've bee there.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

moving
Sweet on this forum

Postby moving » August 5th, 2014, 8:57 am

that corner at the end of the straightaway looks scary tight

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 5th, 2014, 10:22 am

Message from TTASA

Firstly, we are kindly asking any member or volunteer who wishes to go to Wallerfield to assist, to contact either President Amar, VP Jameer or TTASA Secretary beforehand, since a list will now be maintained by the security there. I am sure you will agree that this will make for a safe, secure and co-ordinated effort, and we thank you in advance for your understanding.

2) Also, Member Haresh Nanan has been assisting us with the painting and lining of the track and curbs, and in an effort to eliminate wrong / different shades / poor quality of the yellow paints being used, we are humbly asking that, should you wish to assist in this area, that you contact Haresh beforehand @ Tele: 868-222-4375 Mobile: 868-468-2474 Email: hareshtt@gmail.com

PAINT BEING USED :
· Kaleidoscope: ROAD MARKING YELLOW

· WHITE OIL PAINT any Brand

We would like to also thank everyone who have come out thus far and supported this major transformation effort, and look forward to your continued support towards having a bumper CMRC on August 24th !!

Please be advised that there will be a Marshall Training and Briefing session on

DATE : Tuesday 12th August, 2014
TIME : 7.00 pm
VENUE : Space La Nouba,
South Trunk Road,
Gulf View, La Romaine.

We need a complement of dedicated, responsible and serious-minded individuals to perform Marshall duties at the CMRC event on August 24th, and as such, volunteers are asked to indicate their interest by Monday 11th August, 2014.

chiney_dolly
Street 2NR

Postby chiney_dolly » August 5th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Great news everyone!!!

The Dolly is coming to Wallerfield!!!! :D

stretch
3NE 2NR for life

Postby stretch » August 5th, 2014, 12:50 pm

We are happy to have you. Love how you keep us in the loop lol. Good luck also in your group!

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » August 5th, 2014, 4:08 pm

chiney_dolly wrote:Great news everyone!!!

The Dolly is coming to Wallerfield!!!! :D

like like like like like.......

awesome
Street 2NR

Postby awesome » August 5th, 2014, 5:40 pm

Thats great news

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”