Forums

Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby cinco » May 28th, 2016, 2:37 pm

I've never been able to get a flow tech to my home in less than 2 weeks in the 10+ years of using them in various locations. I feel homeboy working flow yes

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 28th, 2016, 10:49 pm

And the digi set top box just died after just two days of service!
Internet/phone still works and technician coming out Wednesday morning.

oro
Ricer

Postby oro » May 28th, 2016, 11:13 pm

yo just got Digicel today, TV and internet only. So far so good, everything is what I was expecting. Now only issue is cant port forward and this is a major issue for me because I can't connect to my NAS, Cameras, server at home. Been playing around with their HG8245Q unit and cant get it to work. Not seeing anything about bridge mode in there unless I mistaking, The install tech told me the port forwarding is not working and Digicel working on it. Anyone can assist or confirm that I will just have to wait?

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » May 29th, 2016, 6:46 am

when allyuh guys posting that u receive the service please say the general location i would love to know if they are encroaching on my area of Arouca/Dabadie.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 29th, 2016, 8:21 pm

Noticed the Digicel Play app works better on Android phones than iPhones.

On the latter it doesn't pick up most of the channels & crashes under certain circumstances.

Mr.Bollywood
Riding on 16's

Re: RE: Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby Mr.Bollywood » May 29th, 2016, 8:36 pm

SRASC wrote:Noticed the Digicel Play app works better on Android phones than iPhones.

On the latter it doesn't pick up most of the channels & crashes under certain circumstances.

Really?? For the past few months i cant even log on :/ they say the app compatibility has to be revisited for the Android 6.0 platform.

Still waiting on the devs.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 29th, 2016, 8:41 pm

Mr.Bollywood wrote:
SRASC wrote:Noticed the Digicel Play app works better on Android phones than iPhones.

Really?? For the past few months i cant even log on :/ they say the app compatibility has to be revisited for the Android 6.0 platform.

Still waiting on the devs.

Well on the the 2 Galaxy S5s I can check it on it does. Could see the lag on the UI but it works and picks up the channels fine. On my iPhone 6 not the same luck. Picks up few if any and crashes if you try switch while in full screen or just doesn't pick up the channel.

Mr.Bollywood
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr.Bollywood » May 29th, 2016, 8:58 pm

Wow you're quite lucky then I'd love to get the app working again because its so convenient to have on my tablet, but overall the service from Digicel isnt too bad.

Could use alot of improvement however, especially in their billing and payment service.

This is the third month I'm with them and the second month they've made mistakes on my bill, however thankfully the problems were quickly rectified. Awaiting to see what June's month bill looks like.

No issues with the internet in Diego Martin , constant 25mpbs with 15mpbs upload,and an average of 40ms ping to Comcast in Florida.

The Television boxes however, ive entered countless problems with the two boxes i have, ranging from one box not turning off at all (so on 24/7) still to be fixed, to not being able to log into my account.

They have an abysmal technical support staff, Everytime i call in im put to wait for more than 20 minutes, and even the technician who came to my house and installed the equipment has yet to offer any suggestions as we've remained friends since.

Yes this is a new technology being implemented, but im being patient with them for the time being.

This again is just my small opinion on their operations.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » May 31st, 2016, 6:22 pm

So far the 50mb package is working great in the Curepe area. I really don't pay attention to the tv and phone as....I don't care, so I can't comment on that.

I was paying $300 with flow and now $369 with digicel. $69 difference and my internet is significantly better and more stable. That's all I care about honestly and it's worth it for my needs. I haven't had the need to call their customer service department yet though...lets hope I don't have to. But in all honesty...they can't be as bad as flow.

What customer rep in their right mind would tell you that you weren't "complaining enough" so your issue was not addressed. I can't even........

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 1st, 2016, 9:20 am

Fore the last week I have kept coming home to Digicel flyers in the mail box with the packages and a contact name and number written on top in ink. I can only assume they are in the area dong a blitz because they ready to start installations.

Anyone took the cheapest package i.e. the $199 one? I thinking of dropping Blink [yes they are people still with Blink Broadband/shameface] and taking Digicel just for internet [cable home comes in my father name and I prefer to not mess with that].

coolfiger
Street 2NR

Postby coolfiger » June 1st, 2016, 9:28 am

I wish they would hurry and reach rochard road . We dont have flow they would make a killing

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » June 1st, 2016, 10:25 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Fore the last week I have kept coming home to Digicel flyers in the mail box with the packages and a contact name and number written on top in ink. I can only assume they are in the area dong a blitz because they ready to start installations.

Anyone took the cheapest package i.e. the $199 one? I thinking of dropping Blink [yes they are people still with Blink Broadband/shameface] and taking Digicel just for internet [cable home comes in my father name and I prefer to not mess with that].

where this is hoss

Caribnomad
Street 2NR

Postby Caribnomad » June 1st, 2016, 11:30 am

coolfiger wrote:I wish they would hurry and reach rochard road . We dont have flow they would make a killing

Have you gone to the digicel website and pre-registered your address? They seem to be quite responsive to customer feedback like that.

coolfiger
Street 2NR

Postby coolfiger » June 1st, 2016, 11:30 am

Yes i have !

GOAT
Sweet on this forum

Postby GOAT » June 1st, 2016, 11:31 am

^ I did that more than a month ago, not ah response as yet. Will try again.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 1st, 2016, 11:57 am

boxy wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Fore the last week I have kept coming home to Digicel flyers in the mail box with the packages and a contact name and number written on top in ink. I can only assume they are in the area dong a blitz because they ready to start installations.

where this is hoss

Tunapuna

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 1st, 2016, 6:04 pm

Digi came out today and replaced the STB that died on me over the weekend. Service now back up and running. Cah complain, only took 1 working day to get a tech out to my house and all the while they kept calling to keep me updated as to what was going on.

Much better than waiting 22 days to get a flow tech to come out and replace a faulty modem.

Phone and internet nil problems, but that dial tone on the phone is annoying.

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 2nd, 2016, 8:22 pm

update--------
digicel came and connect me today. did the speed test it reading good. will update later after i do some more test

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » June 3rd, 2016, 2:30 pm

b14inb12 wrote:update--------
digicel came and connect me today. did the speed test it reading good. will update later after i do some more test

location?

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » June 3rd, 2016, 2:30 pm

b14inb12 wrote:update--------

location?

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 3rd, 2016, 5:55 pm

update--------
i did some test last nite when i came home from work, as i said the speed test is up to par. i have two desktop connected to the modem one for the tv to watch my movies and the other one is used as a desktop pc
1st test= i went on the wed site to watch a movie to see how it is streaming, can`t watch any movie tried the the one on the tv it`s the same no streaming. called digicel tech. he solve the problem.applied the same setting on the tv pc no internet, take back of the settings on the tv pc i am getting internet but no streaming switch around the port cable [lan1 for lan4] tv pc streaming but not on the desktop. call digicel tech and he asked me if i have internet only i said yes. he said that lan1 is for internet lan2 is for tv lan3 is for phone he open up the ports and problem solve.
so far i am having no problem it is streaming well for 25mb
location ===caroni

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » June 6th, 2016, 9:54 am

b14inb12 wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:i installed digicel this wee May 23rd 2016. full package phone tv and 25mb
kept my Flow connection 30mb
with same N router for each i connected and tested.

digicel- nothing more than 16 mb this week
digi tv quality was excellent , never used the digi landline.

flow was 15mb-30mb.

went to Play head office today to report issues as i was in the area.. waited 2 hours and got really shitty customer service.
Disconnected the Digicel service.

Digicel manager tried to reason with me and she she said "first persson to request service cancellation in less than a week"
told her flow may not be guaranteed 30mb but if i have an issue they respond quickly and and its 10years service with Flow/CWC/Liberty

this is what i tall about let them know that "they need you you don`t need them give you what you paying for " thumbs up bro

Update:
Huge Turnaround ..after the call with VP Sales on my request to cancel service, Digicel came next morning 7am and correct the technical issues. I was told to test for a few days ... 23-25mb almost guaranteed now.

vs Flow package is 30mb i pay for getting between 12-27mb oversame period.

but with better tv quality and more sports stations on th Digicel Bold plan i decided to keep Digicel and disconnect Flow.

I have to admit their equipment Router and tv boxes far superior to Flow.
their phone device is quite cheap BTW

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » June 6th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Installed in Tunapuna today but due to rain they not taking chance on the outside lines but house wiring complete.. Good thing I didn't call flow yet to cancel...

kdish
Riding on 13's

Postby kdish » June 6th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Barbados have 1 Gigabit speed ,maybe due to it size? http://www.digicelgroup.com/bb/en/play/ ... dband.html

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » June 7th, 2016, 5:43 am

oro wrote:yo just got Digicel today, TV and internet only. So far so good, everything is what I was expecting. Now only issue is cant port forward and this is a major issue for me because I can't connect to my NAS, Cameras, server at home. Been playing around with their HG8245Q unit and cant get it to work. Not seeing anything about bridge mode in there unless I mistaking, The install tech told me the port forwarding is not working and Digicel working on it. Anyone can assist or confirm that I will just have to wait?

This is a serious deal breaker... Can anyone else confirm this is true?

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 7th, 2016, 7:48 am

oro wrote:yo just got Digicel today, TV and internet only. So far so good, everything is what I was expecting. Now only issue is cant port forward and this is a major issue for me because I can't connect to my NAS, Cameras, server at home. Been playing around with their and cant get it to work. Not seeing anything about bridge mode in there unless I mistaking, The install tech told me the port forwarding is not working and Digicel working on it. Anyone can assist or confirm that I will just have to wait?

call digicel tech and see what they can do for you. they modem [HG8245Q unit ] are wired for internet lan1, TV lan2, phone lan3 and home security lan4 which coming in the near further. since you have tv they have not open up the rest of port for you so give they a call and they will solve the problem. remember they are giving tv so they will have to block certain things unless you ask for it. i have internet alone and i could not stream until i told they about it and they fix the problem

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » June 10th, 2016, 6:40 pm

Anyone having issues atm with service just randomly dropping today ? Testing it out since I only got it yesterday and it done playing up Wtmc lights on modem showing its alright but just random no net on the pc end

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » June 10th, 2016, 7:24 pm

WarrLordd wrote:Anyone having issues atm with service just randomly dropping today ? Testing it out since I only got it yesterday and it done playing up Wtmc lights on modem showing its alright but just random no net on the pc end

yes same here
i rebooted router and service came back up

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Digicel Internet Thread

Postby 2WNBoost » June 10th, 2016, 9:02 pm

50Mbps package updated with 25Mbps up.

jussvon101
Ricer

Postby jussvon101 » June 11th, 2016, 8:32 am

2WNBoost wrote:50Mbps package updated with 25Mbps up.

Hey what package u got? Have packages gotten a free upgrade on internet speeds

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”