this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

M.E.C.P
Ricer

Re: RE: Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby M.E.C.P » June 21st, 2016, 10:17 am

mitch1980 wrote:
Caribnomad wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:i installed digicel this wee May 23rd 2016. full package phone tv and 25mb
kept my Flow connection 30mb
with same N router for each i connected and tested.

digicel- nothing more than 16 mb this week

16mb to where? Sounds like you were speedtesting to the LISA speedtest server.

to digicel data center in chaguanas.
i understand that digicel can guarantee 25mb techncally all issues can be solved in time etc however the back inend support and customer service at the head office is ridiculous .... i rather endure the passport office or DP office than digicel yesterday

b14inb12 wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:i installed digicel this wee May 23rd 2016. full package phone tv and 25mb

digi tv quality was excellent , never used the digi landline.

flow was 15mb-30mb.

went to Play head office today to report issues as i was in the area.. waited 2 hours and got really shitty customer service.
Disconnected the Digicel service.

Digicel manager tried to reason with me and she she said "first persson to request service cancellation in less than a week"
told her flow may not be guaranteed 30mb but if i have an issue they respond quickly and and its 10years service with Flow/CWC/Liberty

this is what i tall about let them know that "they need you you don`t need them give you what you paying for " thumbs up bro

b14inb12 wrote:

flow was 15mb-30mb.

went to Play head office today to report issues as i was in the area.. waited 2 hours and got really shitty customer service.

Digicel manager tried to reason with me and she she said "first persson to request service cancellation in less than a week"
told her flow may not be guaranteed 30mb but if i have an issue they respond quickly and and its 10years service with Flow/CWC/Liberty

this is what i tall about let them know that "they need you you don`t need them give you what you paying for " thumbs up bro

Advertisement
M.E.C.P
Ricer

Postby M.E.C.P » June 21st, 2016, 10:17 am

mitch1980 wrote:
Caribnomad wrote:

16mb to where? Sounds like you were speedtesting to the LISA speedtest server.

to digicel data center in chaguanas.
i understand that digicel can guarantee 25mb techncally all issues can be solved in time etc however the back inend support and customer service at the head office is ridiculous .... i rather endure the passport office or DP office than digicel yesterday

b14inb12 wrote:

flow was 15mb-30mb.

b14inb12 wrote:

flow was 15mb-30mb.

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby b14inb12 » June 21st, 2016, 12:39 pm

R-H-D wrote:they don't block anything
however this month is constant disconnects real downtime

yes they are blocking if you are using kodi and you try to install built from other souse [solo man built ,usa1 built or lentech tv built ] they are blocking it
if you flow or blink these same builts are downloading. call degicel tech and he said that they are working on it
i give them until friday to let me know if to disconnect from them

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » June 21st, 2016, 2:53 pm

b14inb12 wrote:

yes they are blocking if you are using kodi and you try to install built from other souse [solo man built ,usa1 built or lentech tv built ] they are blocking it
if you flow or blink these same builts are downloading. call degicel tech and he said that they are working on it

does the live tv streams from usa1 actually work?

pyromaniax
Riding on 16's

Postby pyromaniax » June 21st, 2016, 3:24 pm

I still waiting on the installation team .......

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 21st, 2016, 4:50 pm

Spitfir3 wrote:
b14inb12 wrote:

does the live tv streams from usa1 actually work?

Yes it does work you have to download it from lentechtv

samureye
Street 2NR

Postby samureye » June 21st, 2016, 10:54 pm

Digicel came to Trincity mall - went to check them out. Slightly annoying being sold the whole spiel when I already checked the website and only care about internet anyway. As I understand it, Digi is a 1 year contract. So, I asked if there was any way I could test the service for a month, or three months, or anything. The gentleman I was talking to was not a sales person, but was telling me all the merits of the service, that's it's the only actual fiber to the home, no slowdowns, etc etc and I said that was fine, but I wanted to test the service.

He said I could come in to I assume Flagship stores and test the service? This of course made no sense, because I want to test it at home.

I was put on to a sales-lady, who, the gentleman told me was the head for the area. When I asked about testing the service I was greeted with "Who is your provider? They let you do a test?" I told her FLow, and she responded by saying she used to work there and they didn't let people test service.

I let her know that Massy was 1 month free and no contract....just like Flow has no contract, but basically it's salt if I want to test the service and have to sign up for a whole year on their word. I don't mind if I can't do a test, that I was more than willing to pay for, but the hoggish attitude, especially for someone who is supposed to be the head, was not a good look.

Massy is installing by me Saturday.

vtec-ghost
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vtec-ghost » June 21st, 2016, 11:42 pm

when digicel call, tell them HYMC, cuz they getting worse by the day. I sign up since May 24th, and till this day nothing. They even call to say they doing a site visit a few weeks back, just to see the scope of work for the connection. A week or so later, neighbor and others in the area getting connected. I try calling them and spent about 1 hr + on the phone with no answer.

So in light of that, and with facebook posts on their page about the sheit service techs and issues being experienced, i'll keep the flow until they digicel out their issues.

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » June 21st, 2016, 11:49 pm

Lol I sign up and got mine in less than a week anyhow I not noticing anything wrong on kodi I steaming normal unless a different source you guys using ?

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 22nd, 2016, 6:29 am

WarrLordd wrote:Lol I sign up and got mine in less than a week anyhow I not noticing anything wrong on kodi I steaming normal unless a different source you guys using ?

kodi is working on digicel but with its own addons such as "fusion and super repo ect." but when you try to install addons or wizards like lentechtv or addons from solo man such as the beast built or pulse ccm built ares wizards DIGICEL is blocking them.
kodi with its own addons is no fun you can`t watch any usa channels but with the wizards you can see alot more.

try and install this one and see if digicel lets you

http://laralen.com/lentechtv/

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » June 22nd, 2016, 10:48 am

b14inb12 wrote:
WarrLordd wrote:Lol I sign up and got mine in less than a week anyhow I not noticing anything wrong on kodi I steaming normal unless a different source you guys using ?

kodi is working on digicel but with its own addons such as "fusion and super repo ect." but when you try to install addons or wizards like lentechtv or addons from solo man such as the beast built or pulse ccm built ares wizards DIGICEL is blocking them.
kodi with its own addons is no fun you can`t watch any usa channels but with the wizards you can see alot more.

Sure that repo works ? I tried even on flow and it coming up with errors

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » June 22nd, 2016, 10:48 am

b14inb12 wrote:

felix
Ricer

Postby felix » June 22nd, 2016, 5:54 pm

JUST TRIED kodi using ares spinz build and it works perfectly on flow

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 23rd, 2016, 5:52 am

WarrLordd wrote:
b14inb12 wrote:

it is working very good. i installed it with blink and it running good with digicel after installed cause digicel have the speed

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » June 23rd, 2016, 6:50 pm

No problem with Kodi on my end, except for Phoenix Sports but don't think that's related to Digicel.

Caribnomad
Street 2NR

Postby Caribnomad » June 23rd, 2016, 8:42 pm

b14inb12 wrote:

I installed that one specifically. Downloaded on Digicel. Works fine. USA1, 1Channel, Exodus, ICE,... I'm pretty new to this stuff but I can't find anything which appears broken. It *did* take about 20-25 minutes to update all the apps after the Lentechtv install had finished. I'm using an OTT MXQ box connected to Digicel FTTH.

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 23rd, 2016, 9:23 pm

Caribnomad wrote:
b14inb12 wrote:

I installed that one specifically. Downloaded on Digicel. Works fine. USA1, 1Channel, Exodus, ICE,... I'm pretty new to this stuff but I can't find anything which appears broken. It *did* take about 20-25 minutes to update all the apps after the Lentechtv install had finished. I'm using an OTT MXQ box connected to Digicel FTTH.

can you say which area you from so i can tell digicel to check and use your settings

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 23rd, 2016, 9:31 pm

ok i went and try to install lentech repo again with digicel after i fresh start kodi it still sticking at 99% check error log and it showing that it is being block. tried it with the blink connection and it installed call digicell tech and they say that they are working on the problem and they will contact me as soon it is fix
yeah right

kevk3v
Street 2NR

Postby kevk3v » June 23rd, 2016, 9:41 pm

It's true it's faster than flow for really high prices but it has way too much downtime, you can expect your internet to be slow all day once rain is falling, it's ridiculous I'm going to be switching back to Flow soon.

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » June 24th, 2016, 5:48 am

Hey ppl,

So I got my digicel package yesterday and was wondering if anyone got their internet to work with their home router. They gave me a wireless router free with the service, but I already have my own set up (an ASUS RT-AC68P). Anyway to have their router act as a wired modem only and and route the internet from it through my own wireless router?

trinibourbon
Street 2NR

Postby trinibourbon » June 24th, 2016, 8:25 am

Any idea of what prices would be after this introductory period? While I'm interested I'm very aware of the possibility of a dramatic change in rates after the introductory period.

And I suspected those kodi issues. Wonder if the devil you know better than the one you don't.

2WNBoost
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby 2WNBoost » June 24th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Sinz wrote:Hey ppl,

So I got my digicel package yesterday and was wondering if anyone got their internet to work with their home router. They gave me a wireless router free with the service, but I already have my own set up (an ASUS RT-AC68P). Anyway to have their router act as a wired modem only and and route the internet from it through my own wireless router?

You will need to connect your router to the LAN1 port of the Digicel modem for it to work.

flipswitch5point
3NE 2NR for life

Postby flipswitch5point » June 24th, 2016, 3:55 pm

2WNBoost wrote:

You will need to connect your router to the LAN1 port of the Digicel modem for it to work.

Disable dhcp?

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » June 24th, 2016, 4:18 pm

2WNBoost wrote:

Is that all? No other steps needed?

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 24th, 2016, 4:53 pm

if you have internet only, lan1 is for internet lan2 is for tv lan3 is for phone call digicel and they will open all the ports for internet and problem solve.

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » June 25th, 2016, 11:53 am

b14inb12 wrote:if you have internet only, lan1 is for internet lan2 is for tv lan3 is for phone call digicel and they will open all the ports for internet and problem solve.

Also, are all ports already opened on the digicel router? Or would I have to log in and open them?
Last edited by Sinz on June 25th, 2016, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Digicel Internet Thread

Postby WarrLordd » June 25th, 2016, 11:56 am

Service down for anyone stupes, since 11am this morning the red key icon blinking :( and I stayed on phone for half hour till I get fed up was in queue

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » June 25th, 2016, 5:04 pm

Ok, so I just spoke to a CSR at Digicel, and they said that their routers currently don't support port forwarding since they use an IPv6 scheme. Their working on a workaround they said. So how will this affect services like Plex, torrents or any streaming service that will require ports to be opened?

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » June 25th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Let me stay with FLOW for now oui...smooth service so far.

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » June 26th, 2016, 12:45 am

uberchic wrote:Hey guys, this might be slightly off topic, but for those who have gotten Digicel and run a PLEX server, have you gotten the plex server to work remotely?

Have u ever gotten ur Plex server to work remotely?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”