Forums

Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Vinnny
Street 2NR

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby Vinnny » July 14th, 2016, 5:21 am

Latency to Miami staying around 80-85ms for a few days now. Not sure whats going on with that.

GVTrini07
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GVTrini07 » July 14th, 2016, 6:31 am

ST Auto wrote:Yep did that. Tried various devices. Same buffering problem. No buffering when I use the data plan on my phone. That points to something wrong on Digicel end. I still have my flow connection, it works perfect on that and that connection is slower - 15mb

Same problem here - San Fernando. Digicel Tech said via phone that some streaming sites work are IPv4 and do not respond well to IPv6 which digicel is based on. Not too sure about what he said. Could not solve the problem with Kodi either. Imagine 4Mb blink works better on streaming and kodi as I still have it. Averaging 300 kbs on torrents. Tech asked to give him until Wednesday however when asked for name said it was not Digicel policy to give out names. Not too sure about waiting until Wednesday.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » July 14th, 2016, 7:32 am

So they implement their ipv6 network without having full compatibility for ipv4?

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » July 14th, 2016, 8:40 am

Yea no one can solve my problem either. Told them I'm disconnecting. The beg me to give them a chance to fix it. Giving them till month end. Kodi use to work fine initially with them so some settings they change or they throttling bandwidth. Normal file downloads, not torrents, can't go above 100kbs

GVTrini07
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GVTrini07 » July 14th, 2016, 12:30 pm

ST Auto wrote:Yea no one can solve my problem either. Told them I'm disconnecting. The beg me to give them a chance to fix it. Giving them till month end. Kodi use to work fine initially with them so some settings they change or they throttling bandwidth. Normal file downloads, not torrents, can't go above 100kbs

Below is a breakdown of the fix they tried over telephone.

Could not access streaming content on website. Website loads fine, however when play button clicked, cannot find file.
Unchecked IPv6 box.
After clicking play button on site, buffers and plays like a dial up connection.
Speed test. 24+ Mbs down 14+ Mbs up
Resets system remotely.
Speed test 25+ Mbs down 16+ Mbs up
No change in website streaming.
Kodi for windows buffers or does not even recognise source (Genesis/ Exodus)
Admitted they are having issues with Kodi at the moment.
Youtube works fine. No issues at all.
Customer rep says youtube works on IPv6.

Anyone else having issues? Does it have anyone with Kodi for PC working fine? Anyone with a Kodi box/stick working with digicel? My intent is to get one of those Kodi box if things work out.

Initially research had pointed to bandwidth throttling or have a firewall up which blocks certain sites and streaming.

ST Auto if Kodi worked before without any change on your end, it points to something they are doing on the ISP end which messes things up.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » July 14th, 2016, 1:06 pm

Yes worked fine before. What I noticed was I downloaded 100gb + in movies then after that speed was throttled. Billing cycle renewed today, miraculously at midnight kodi is streaming fine and downloads are fine. All things point to speeds being capped after certain amount of usage. Gona download 100gb more again and see what takes place after. Call in and told them an they say they don't kno anything abt that nor do thay cap speeds. So I don't know

GVTrini07
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GVTrini07 » July 15th, 2016, 6:11 am

ST Auto wrote:Yes worked fine before. What I noticed was I downloaded 100gb + in movies then after that speed was throttled. Billing cycle renewed today, miraculously at midnight kodi is streaming fine and downloads are fine. All things point to speeds being capped after certain amount of usage. Gona download 100gb more again and see what takes place after. Call in and told them an they say they don't kno anything abt that nor do thay cap speeds. So I don't know

Tried again yesterday evening. Everything works! Will download a few GB tonight and monitor for bandwidth cap.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » July 15th, 2016, 6:53 am

^^ If true, then it's the "Fair Usage Policy" at work.
All ISPs do it.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 15th, 2016, 10:51 am

^ Maybe in India. But not in Trinidad I don't know of any ISP that caps bandwidth here. ISP here are too incompetent to cap bandwidth.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » July 15th, 2016, 4:51 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ Maybe in India. But not in Trinidad I don't know of any ISP that caps bandwidth here. ISP here are too incompetent to cap bandwidth.

Ignorance is bliss

TSTT
Fair Use Policy

http://www.blinkbroadband.tt/privacy-fair-user

Telecommunication Services of Trained & Tobago Limited (TSTT)
A Fair Usage Policy - FUP, is intended to assure that all broadband customers enjoy the same experience and have access to a quick and reliable service at all times.
A small number of customers use Peer to Peer or file sharing software, which constantly sends and receives video and other very large files, throughout the day, consuming excessive bandwidth. This type of activity can significantly reduce the speed at which other customers can access the internet during peak hours.
This fair usage policy automatically identifies the small number of extremely heavy users and manages their bandwidth only during peak hours (6pm to 11pm Monday to Sunday), to protect the service for all our other customers. Outside peak hours, the use of the internet by these heavy users is unaffected.
This approach protects the quality of service for the vast majority of our customers when they most use the service, while at the same time allowing the extremely heavy users to continue to send and receive without restriction outside of peak hours.

Action to be taken in the event of FUP breach
We will contact the customer by email to let them know that their usage at peak hours is excessive and is affecting other customers, for that reason we are modifying the contention rate. The email will be sent to the email address TSTT has in their records.

Fair Use Network CongestionDuring peak hours, customers affected by the fair usage policy will share bandwidth with each other and will be separated from other customers. The amount of bandwidth available for affected customers to share will be at least as much as for those customers unaffected by the policy.

The speed affected customers experience when downloading at peak hours will therefore depend on what these customers are doing. If they are all web-browsing and reading emails, they will experience normal broadband speed. If on the other hand they are using Peer to Peer or file sharing software they will experience slow broadband speed. Outside of peak hours, no restrictions will apply.

Othe Fair Usage Policy Considerations
TSTT does not guarantee a service level and/or connectivity to users of peer-to-peer or file sharing software/applications. Customer's average usage per day shall NOT exceed 4Gb of data volume transmitted (total upload and download usage). This is to ensure that no individual hogs the bandwidth at all times. Exceeding this amount of data will be considered a breach of FUP.

Average daily data usage over previous 3 days Download speed
< 4 GB daily Full speed
> 4 GB daily Increase contention
As soon as the average over the previous 3 days falls below the threshold limits above then your speed will increase.
Customers could manage their usage simply by ensuring that any file sharing, sending and receiving of large file is done outside of peak hours.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » July 15th, 2016, 4:55 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ Maybe in India. But not in Trinidad I don't know of any ISP that caps bandwidth here. ISP here are too incompetent to cap bandwidth.

Ignorance is bliss

FLOW
Fair Use Policy

https://discoverflow.co/trinidad/acceptable-use-policy

E. Fair Use Policy

High Speed Internet is a shared service and the activities of some users can impact the services and bandwidth available to other users. In an ideal environment, all users would obtain an equal percentage of the available bandwidth. Unfortunately, some customers use a disproportionately greater share of the available bandwidth and, as a consequence, other users suffer a diminished experience. Particularly at peak times, data rates may be reduced by contention within Cable & Wireless? network and the public Internet.

In order to preserve the quality of our High Speed Internet services, Cable & Wireless applies a Fair Use Policy ("FUP"), to ensure that those customers using excessive bandwidth-consuming applications do not use our service to the detriment of other High Speed Internet customers.

We routinely monitor the performance of our network. However, as part of the application of the FUP we may be required to limit the amount of bandwidth available to users of applications that consume large amounts of bandwidth including downloading unusually large files. This approach will ensure a fair allocation of bandwidth to all High Speed Internet customers.

Cable & Wireless will not be liable to such user for the quality, integrity or continuation of the High Speed Internet service.

The FUP is mainly aimed to avoid any unfair disruption of services resulting from extreme peer-to-peer usage, other file-sharing software and download of very large files during peak times, we do not prevent or block the use of such applications or downloads.

If you do not use peer-to-peer or file-sharing software or if you don't download very large files continuously, then it is unlikely you will be affected by this policy.

As Cable & Wireless upgrades its broadband capabilities, users will be able to experience different type of content enabled by the higher access speeds. We may introduce explicit download limits (measured in Gigabytes) to some broadband packages in order to enable us to manage the customer experience. Obviously, we will communicate such limits as well as any available upgrade option or charges for excess usage.

F. Mobile Internet Fair Use Policy

Mobile Internet is a shared service and the activities of some users can impact the services available to other users. Mobile Internet refers to access to the World Wide Web, i.e. the use of browser-based Internet services, from a handheld mobile device, such as a smartphone, a feature phone, a tablet computer or a dongle, which are connected to a mobile network.

In an ideal environment, all users would obtain an equal percentage of the available bandwidth. Unfortunately, some users take a disproportionately greater share of the available bandwidth and, as a consequence, other users suffer a diminished experience.

In order to preserve the quality of our Mobile Internet [also known as GPRS / EDGE / HPDPA / HSPA+/ 3G and 4G] service, we are enforcing our FUP and mobile data terms and conditions through this Mobile Internet Fair Use Policy ("Mobile FUP"), effective 1 August 2012. Our Mobile FUP is intended to ensure that the few users who consume large amounts of bandwidth or download unusually large files do not use their service to the detriment of other Mobile Internet customers. Except as may otherwise be specifically permitted or prohibited for select data plans, mobile data sessions may be conducted only for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; and (ii) email.

Our Mobile FUP is intended to avoid any unfair disruption of services resulting from peer-to-peer ("P2P") usage, tethering of a computer over the Mobile Internet network (i.e. using your phone as a modem), other file-sharing software, and the use of VOIP on our network. If you attempt to access these applications on the Mobile Internet network, without the appropriate data plan, these applications will not work. Where a data plan is restricted to certain types of devices (for example, smartphones, tablets, or dongles), we may restrict your use of certain applications if the plan is used on another type of device. P2P usage is not permitted on any data plan.

If you do not use P2P, do not tether your computer, and do not use a dongle, file sharing software or VOIP on the Mobile Internet network, then it is unlikely you will be affected by this policy.

When selecting the plan best suited to your needs, you may find the following guidance useful as it sets out the amount of data typically used to perform popular tasks:

1 hour of instant messaging : 0.25-1MB
1 hour of Web browsing : 1.5-25MB
Download 100 emails : 1-10MB
100 minutes talk on Skype : Around 50MB
Download 1 photo : 0.05-2MB
Download 1 MP3 : 3-8 MB
Download 1 film trailer : 7-50MB
1 software download : 70-800MB
Download 1 film : 700-1500MB
Streaming 1 hour of video : 250-500MB
Streaming 1 hour of audio : 50-150MB
G. Modification of This Policy

Cable & Wireless reserves the right to update this AUP from time to time. You are expected to check this website page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as such updates are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this AUP may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site or written documents issued to you

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Re: RE: Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby lchan485 » July 15th, 2016, 9:31 pm

2WNBoost wrote:

Ignorance is bliss

TSTT
Fair Use Policy

http://www.blinkbroadband.tt/privacy-fair-user

Telecommunication Services of Trained & Tobago Limited (TSTT)
A Fair Usage Policy - FUP, is intended to assure that all broadband customers enjoy the same experience and have access to a quick and reliable service at all times.
A small number of customers use Peer to Peer or file sharing software, which constantly sends and receives video and other very large files, throughout the day, consuming excessive bandwidth. This type of activity can significantly reduce the speed at which other customers can access the internet during peak hours.
This fair usage policy automatically identifies the small number of extremely heavy users and manages their bandwidth only during peak hours (6pm to 11pm Monday to Sunday), to protect the service for all our other customers. Outside peak hours, the use of the internet by these heavy users is unaffected.
This approach protects the quality of service for the vast majority of our customers when they most use the service, while at the same time allowing the extremely heavy users to continue to send and receive without restriction outside of peak hours.

Action to be taken in the event of FUP breach
We will contact the customer by email to let them know that their usage at peak hours is excessive and is affecting other customers, for that reason we are modifying the contention rate. The email will be sent to the email address TSTT has in their records.

Fair Use Network CongestionDuring peak hours, customers affected by the fair usage policy will share bandwidth with each other and will be separated from other customers. The amount of bandwidth available for affected customers to share will be at least as much as for those customers unaffected by the policy.

The speed affected customers experience when downloading at peak hours will therefore depend on what these customers are doing. If they are all web-browsing and reading emails, they will experience normal broadband speed. If on the other hand they are using Peer to Peer or file sharing software they will experience slow broadband speed. Outside of peak hours, no restrictions will apply.

Othe Fair Usage Policy Considerations
TSTT does not guarantee a service level and/or connectivity to users of peer-to-peer or file sharing software/applications. Customer's average usage per day shall NOT exceed 4Gb of data volume transmitted (total upload and download usage). This is to ensure that no individual hogs the bandwidth at all times. Exceeding this amount of data will be considered a breach of FUP.

Average daily data usage over previous 3 days Download speed
< 4 GB daily Full speed
> 4 GB daily Increase contention
As soon as the average over the previous 3 days falls below the threshold limits above then your speed will increase.
Customers could manage their usage simply by ensuring that any file sharing, sending and receiving of large file is done outside of peak hours.

Yep I experienced that with TSTT already but not with Flow. I some times average 10Gb a day every video played 1080p now getting 720p and below at peak time for the past 2 years

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 16th, 2016, 7:25 pm

Games these days are like 50GB each not to mention we downloaded some high quality videos and we stream a lot. We stream a lot of 1080p videos aswell.

We does cross 100GB at home easy. Any ISP that want to put that kinda dotish cap they are also paying less for bandwidth all the time there is no reason to force a 100GB cap on the consumer. I have never had any kind of Cap on bandwidth.

itachi95
Riding on 13's

Postby itachi95 » July 19th, 2016, 10:03 am

What does your pings to Miami look like atm?

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 19th, 2016, 9:42 pm

this digicel fiber is starting to really piss me off..

20 less MS in games and faster torrent p2p speeds arent worth the inconsistency these ppl have going on.

never a good week..always up OR down, and i dont want to start on Kodi........

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » July 19th, 2016, 9:49 pm

*screech!!! Pulls up handbrake

FLOW yuh safe for now. May just upgrade to a package deal

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » July 19th, 2016, 9:52 pm

so jus now....the grass NOT greener???

Vinnny
Street 2NR

Postby Vinnny » July 20th, 2016, 8:02 am

itachi95 wrote:What does your pings to Miami look like atm?

About 75-80 for the past week or so. Gonna have to call them to see whats up.

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 20th, 2016, 10:14 am

i aint able sugar coat nothing with respect to this country again. but i should of stayed with FLOW. i used to get issues, but these type of issues... the down time is SO HORRIBLE!

itachi95
Riding on 13's

Postby itachi95 » July 20th, 2016, 10:48 am

Vinnny wrote:
itachi95 wrote:What does your pings to Miami look like atm?

About 75-80 for the past week or so. Gonna have to call them to see whats up.

It's the same for me bro. Calling them does not make a difference , they are a waste of time but please give it a try.

Fadakartel
Street 2NR

Postby Fadakartel » July 20th, 2016, 10:51 am

Chiney wrote:i aint able sugar coat nothing with respect to this country again. but i should of stayed with FLOW. i used to get issues, but these type of issues... the down time is SO HORRIBLE!

Why not try Massy internet?

I hear their service is pretty good.

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 20th, 2016, 10:54 am

It is.. but not rdy in my area.

samureye
Street 2NR

Postby samureye » July 21st, 2016, 3:13 am

Two nights in a row Internet gone. Night before was just down for a few minutes and back up. Tonight (this morning) it's down longer than I can bare to wait. Sigh. Flow 2.0 or what...

pyromaniax
Riding on 16's

Postby pyromaniax » July 21st, 2016, 8:39 am

Had digicel play 50 package for the last month in Tunapuna, no problems at all.

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » July 21st, 2016, 4:22 pm

pyromaniax wrote:Had digicel play 50 package for the last month in Tunapuna, no problems at all.

my area as well, but still problems.

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » July 23rd, 2016, 3:55 pm

They playing up today Stupes

Vinnny
Street 2NR

Postby Vinnny » July 23rd, 2016, 6:03 pm

Pings to Miami currently 100ms and over, called them today and the CSR supervisor say they working on it. Hope they ain't just saying so.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » July 23rd, 2016, 7:44 pm

They working on it a month now

wordword
Street 2NR

Postby wordword » July 25th, 2016, 12:19 pm

did anyone sign up through a cellphone number on whatsapp?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 25th, 2016, 10:11 pm

samureye wrote:Two nights in a row Internet gone. Night before was just down for a few minutes and back up. Tonight (this morning) it's down longer than I can bare to wait. Sigh. Flow 2.0 or what...

How is Digicel's service this bad?

So its true the Chiney man Huawei tech digicel using has failed before it even started? should have used CISCO

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”