Forums

Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby shaneelal » September 7th, 2020, 7:52 pm

psychomatic wrote:Was on their old and outdated 40/40 package (it is not even on the website anymore) and recently upgraded to the 75/75 one within the last week to 2. To my surprise last night I am seeing my speeds showing as the 100/100 one.
EDIT: It appears that the 75/75 package has been replaced by the 100/100 one on their website. So i guess free upgrade then.

Note that a price increase usually follows a speed bump.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » September 7th, 2020, 10:40 pm

wait...Digicel 100Mbps is $275? so why TF i just paid $399 on my bill...

update: support agent said he doesn't have an answer for me and forwarded it to management :|

at least he's honest. lol

update 2: apparently i was supposed to be upgraded to 150Mbps up/down but it did not happen yet....it's an exercise they started just this week according to the agent.

DanielCW
Street 2NR

Postby DanielCW » September 9th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Started getting some serious lag when playing FIFA 20 on my PS4, did a speed test and saw 100 down and 100 up, like I got upgraded but why just within the last week I am getting lag that I never experienced before shouldn’t my gameplay be better?

GreeNThuMb
Riding on 13's

Postby GreeNThuMb » September 9th, 2020, 10:25 pm

stev wrote:wait...Digicel 100Mbps is $275? so why TF i just paid $399 on my bill...

update: support agent said he doesn't have an answer for me and forwarded it to management :|

update 2: apparently i was supposed to be upgraded to 150Mbps up/down but it did not happen yet....it's an exercise they started just this week according to the agent.
I now talking about this and wondering d same sheit.. what area u in?? I have to call for the same thing

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » September 9th, 2020, 10:49 pm

GreeNThuMb wrote:
stev wrote:wait...Digicel 100Mbps is $275? so why TF i just paid $399 on my bill...

I now talking about this and wondering d same sheit.. what area u in?? I have to call for the same thing

I dont think you need to call to get it...u can if u want or try the online chat...

i'm from Central (Waterloo)....I got the upgrade a few hours ago but from what I understand they not ready to roll it out in it's entirety, or they still working out the kinks i should say....for example, Monday a coworker from Gasparillo got it (he didnt even know it was an upgrade, he thought he was just lucky)....his connection was fluctuating between 110 - 150Mbps.....i was just at 100Mbps at that time.

2day I got the upgrade but I am fluctuating between 110-150Mbps.....coworker from Gasparillo is getting a consistent 150Mbps now.....i hoping my connection stabilizes soon.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 10th, 2020, 9:03 am

DanielCW wrote:Started getting some serious lag when playing FIFA 20 on my PS4, did a speed test and saw 100 down and 100 up, like I got upgraded but why just within the last week I am getting lag that I never experienced before shouldn’t my gameplay be better?

gaming is more about quality of the connection not necessarily speed.

aka ping vs mbs google/youtube it , u can do certain stf to boost ping, not using digi/huawei router is one ah the big upgrades- go to wifi 6 router tp link ax1500 or ax 1800 or 3000 etc

DanielCW
Street 2NR

Postby DanielCW » September 10th, 2020, 12:29 pm

death365 wrote:
DanielCW wrote:Started getting some serious lag when playing FIFA 20 on my PS4, did a speed test and saw 100 down and 100 up, like I got upgraded but why just within the last week I am getting lag that I never experienced before shouldn’t my gameplay be better?

aka ping vs mbs google/youtube it , u can do certain stf to boost ping, not using digi/huawei router is one ah the big upgrades- go to wifi 6 router tp link ax1500 or ax 1800 or 3000 etc

The thing is I have had Digicel fibre about two years now and never had issues, it’s only after this upgrade last week, tried Ethernet cable straight to the PS4 and it’s the same thing

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » September 14th, 2020, 6:14 am

welcome to 2014 danielcw. ea servers are the worst.

Akohome
Riding on 13's

Postby Akohome » October 3rd, 2020, 10:17 pm

DanielCW wrote:
death365 wrote:

The thing is I have had Digicel fibre about two years now and never had issues, it’s only after this upgrade last week, tried Ethernet cable straight to the PS4 and it’s the same thing

I noted that my speedtests drop from 250mbs to 10mbs when I switch on a vpn this past month. I am wondering if Digicel has started shaping traffic. I also see extremely slow downloads for Microsoft FS.(that's why I started checking this) .......yet my speedtests to both local server as well as miami are still both showing my rated download speeds.

Maybe this is the same issue you have...they are shaping /throttling certain traffic now. It may be time to change ISPs if this continues.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » October 4th, 2020, 1:28 am

got a message from them today apologizing for the lower than expected speeds....apparently they doing upgrades at the moment...give it a few days...

Nightshield
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nightshield » October 4th, 2020, 7:38 pm

I gather things working poorly. Saw i got upgraded from 75 to 100, without my knowledge.

IPTV buffering. Can't view a bloody thing. Netflix and YouTube running normal.

So they're throttling now?

psychomatic
Riding on 13's

Postby psychomatic » October 4th, 2020, 8:31 pm

My experience so far:
Downloads from browser - full speed
Torrents - full speed
Youtube (both vids and livestreams) - fine
Twitch - have to watch streams @ 360p/ 480p otherwise constant buffering
IPTV - unwatchable (constant buffering)

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 4th, 2020, 9:01 pm

^ allyuh try using a vpn for iptv to see if it making any difference?

psychomatic
Riding on 13's

Postby psychomatic » October 4th, 2020, 9:11 pm

redmanjp wrote:^ allyuh try using a vpn for iptv to see if it making any difference?

Yes just tried actually and same buffering

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 4th, 2020, 9:37 pm

psychomatic wrote:
redmanjp wrote:^ allyuh try using a vpn for iptv to see if it making any difference?

Yes just tried actually and same buffering

does the other stuff like youtube, browsing downloads, torrents, etc. also buffer/slow down with the vpn?

psychomatic
Riding on 13's

Postby psychomatic » October 4th, 2020, 10:55 pm

With VPN
Download speeds, both browser and torrents, were a little slower than usual (to be expected) - about 8.5 MB/s
Youtube vids/ live streams were fine
Twitch streams @ 1080p were surprisingly fine
IPTV was unwatchable, constant buffering

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 4th, 2020, 11:34 pm

so it could just be the iptv server is the problem- ISPs can't penetrate a secure vpn to throttle any one thing they can only throttle the whole vpn connection

they could be throttling twitch

that's 8.5 mbytes as in 68mbits ?

psychomatic
Riding on 13's

Postby psychomatic » October 5th, 2020, 3:23 am

redmanjp wrote:so it could just be the iptv server is the problem- ISPs can't penetrate a secure vpn to throttle any one thing they can only throttle the whole vpn connection

they could be throttling twitch

that's 8.5 mbytes as in 68mbits ?
Hmmm 3:00 am here.
Was able to watch twitch and IPTV just fine with no VPN, so maybe some throttling is taking place during the day?
The IPTV telegram channel seems normal with no out of the ordinary complaints so doubt it's their servers.

Nightshield
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nightshield » October 5th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Very doubtful.

I've tried several regions using Express VPN and Norton 360 vpn. It's buffering constantly still. In fact with the VPN, I can't even get the channel to view. Without it, it'll just freeze every few seconds. Unwatchable.

I was speaking to an Amplia tech today, who indicated that he has Digicel internet at his home too, and he realised he couldn't use the IPTV either last night. He was able to gain access from his phone and then cast to the tv.

It appears to just be Digicel blocking it. I am wondering if this is permanent. Might need to make a switch.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 5th, 2020, 8:14 pm

^what kind of speed u getting with those vpns? like in speed tests?

Nightshield
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nightshield » October 5th, 2020, 8:21 pm

I haven't checked the speeds, using a speed test.

I've checked the regular things, YouTube, Netflix Prime Video, Tixati torrents all normal, I probably get closer to 10MB in download speeds with Tixati, which is a tad slower for me. Regular browsing is fine, unless you swap it to some Asian continent region....

Exactly what psychomatic is saying is his situation, is the identical problem I'm having.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » October 6th, 2020, 2:07 am

You are now chatting with Koffi
Hello *************, thank you for contacting us at Digicel! My name is Koffi. How may I help you?
Good Morning
hope you are doing well

Yes, thanks

just wanted an update on case: CAS-5010461-*****

Can you provide me with your account number?
sure
242***********

Okay

Can you tell me the answer to your security question? What is your childhood nickname?

Great thanks

The case states that no issues seen with internet/modem
We are being affected by an issue which is causing slower speeds to all customers at this point in time

oh, I see
any ETA on a fix?

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, if you have been experiencing reduced internet speeds with your Digicel Home and Entertainment service. At this time our internet provider is currently conducting emergency repairs on a damaged subsea fibre-optic cables which has slightly impacted the speed that is being delivered to you. We estimate that the disruption may last a few days. However, please rest assured that our technical team is working hard to have service fully restored in the shortest possible time. We apologize again

understood
thank you very much for the info / assistance

No problem

Is there anything else I can assist with?

no, that's it. Have a great morning

You too

Thanks for chatting with us today **********. We'd really love to get your feedback on our services. Please click here to take our short survey: https://bit.ly/2DGAXPS. Thank you & stay safe!
Koffi has left the chat

Nightshield
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nightshield » October 8th, 2020, 5:55 pm

Has anyone’s service improved? Particularly is anyone’s IPTV operational?

psychomatic
Riding on 13's

Postby psychomatic » October 9th, 2020, 2:12 am

Nightshield wrote:Has anyone’s service improved? Particularly is anyone’s IPTV operational?
No complaints here for about 2 days. Both Twitch and IPTV seem fine now.

Nightshield
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nightshield » October 9th, 2020, 9:47 pm

Same here.

The real test is over this weekend with the sports.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » October 11th, 2020, 12:21 am

Nightshield wrote:Has anyone’s service improved? Particularly is anyone’s IPTV operational?

same here...IPTV is normal just a few days now...

still not getting my 150Mbps...would contact support 2mrw

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » October 12th, 2020, 8:45 pm

recap:

1. I was told that I gonna be upgraded to 150Mbps for $399 monthly because the $350 package is no longer a thing
2. Never got the speed and was told several times by a tech that they are experiencing issues
3. A tech finally escalated it to a senior engineer and gave me a case number

update:

1. upon inquiring about the case, the tech asked me if anyone reached out to me (no one did)
2. the next day (Sunday gone) a guy called me (Isiah is his name) to investigate the issue
3. after some basic stuff, he said he is seeing a lot of discrepancies and has no idea that there was a 150Mbps package
4. He told me it's Sunday and the people he needs to ask are not working until today (Monday). He promised to call me back at 12pm

the guy kept his word....he called 12pm on the dot (no joke) and told me that i was never upgraded to 150Mbps and the packages listed on the website is not accurate (he reported it to management for it to be changed). he then told me that he is going to finally increase my speed and that i'm entitled to a TV box with the $399 internet only package :|
The TV box has local stations and a few foreign news stations only.

long story short, if I wasn't persistent I'll probably still be on the 100Mbps paying $399 and no local station box.....still not sure why they giving me that local station box...they say it comes with the package but i still have to pay a one time $100~~something installation fee...

Props to Isiah though....he was the most helpful / professional person I ever dealt with at Digicel. he didn't try to sugar coat anything; he was straight with his answers.

current down/up speed is a firm 170Mbps

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 17th, 2020, 2:32 am

stev wrote:1. I was told that I gonna be upgraded to 150Mbps for $399 monthly because the $350 package is no longer a thing

check the date, and check the plan offered.
that no longer available is BS they say to force you to upgrade.
I'd bet there are people who now got a forced upgrade to an equivalent of "Classic 40", because their old package "is no longer available"
If ever we do a state your plan and speed, the inconsistencies would be interesting. Maybe interesting enough for TATT to stop the BS.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 23rd, 2020, 8:00 pm

in other lagniappes. one account got this email. the others didnt.
apparently its HBO's promo, because its free on FLOW as well.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 26th, 2020, 8:30 pm

^ does that apply to hbo max or hbo now as well?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”