Digicel Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby 2WNBoost » June 11th, 2016, 9:39 am

jussvon101 wrote:
2WNBoost wrote:50Mbps package updated with 25Mbps up.

Hey what package u got? Have packages gotten a free upgrade on internet speeds

I have the 50M package.
This week I noticed the upload speed increased to 25M while my downloads speeds dropped.
After a modem reboot, both download and upload speeds are stable and the increased upload speed is welcomed.
This is all probably a response to the upload speeds Massy is offering.

Competition is good.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » June 11th, 2016, 9:47 am

All of them basically doing these silent updates to what they offering. Mostly good, some bad.

Competition is indeed good

Caribnomad
Street 2NR

Postby Caribnomad » June 11th, 2016, 11:41 am

2WNBoost wrote:
jussvon101 wrote:
2WNBoost wrote:50Mbps package updated with 25Mbps up.

Hey what package u got? Have packages gotten a free upgrade on internet speeds

I have the 50M package.
This week I noticed the upload speed increased to 25M while my downloads speeds dropped.
After a modem reboot, both download and upload speeds are stable and the increased upload speed is welcomed.
This is all probably a response to the upload speeds Massy is offering.

Competition is good.

I got an email yesterday indicating that the uplink speeds have been upgraded. My circuit went from 25/5 to 25/15. Digicel announced it at an event in Tobago.

pyromaniax
Riding on 16's

Postby pyromaniax » June 13th, 2016, 11:29 am

Digicel supposed to have came to do the installation last Friday but no one showed up. When I called them they said there was some sort of system error and that's why didn't make it and would have to re schedule .... they could have atleast call me to let me know

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 13th, 2016, 12:34 pm

Noticed the connection dropped a few times this weekend but only lasted a min or two.

So far still a pretty solid connection and no drop in speeds.

Xander_25
Street 2NR

Postby Xander_25 » June 13th, 2016, 4:30 pm

Connection has been pretty stable here in Tobago, except for those couple times when it totally went offline. But otherwise, no complaints. I can finally stream without stutters, and download without losing my mind. Almost everyone in our I.T. hardware team has switched except for two lost ones who still rating TSTT as better. Poor souls.
I had a friend though who has an apartment and recently got the service, one of her tenants was getting spotty/no service in her apartment because of the location of the modem. I had to recommend a range expander which I helped her configure last week and has since boosted the signal fully. Tenant no longer complains about that.

Vinnny
Street 2NR

Postby Vinnny » June 13th, 2016, 10:54 pm

Got it installed today. Ran some speedtests.

Local

Miami

Was giving some trouble earlier but it good now.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 14th, 2016, 11:11 pm

Ahhh digicel ... we had a good thing going. Why did you have to go and screw things up.

Came home with TV cutting in and out and speed test to miami
Ping : 231ms
DL : 1.52 Mbps
UL : 0.50 Mbps

This going on for the last 4 hours ...

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Postby volcanosnowstorm » June 15th, 2016, 5:47 am

Area drchaos?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 15th, 2016, 6:20 am

Chaguanas

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 15th, 2016, 6:51 am

caroni too

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » June 15th, 2016, 7:21 am

Running very slow since yesterday in Cunupia

Mr.Bollywood
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr.Bollywood » June 15th, 2016, 7:43 am

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Digicel Internet Thread

Postby 2WNBoost » June 15th, 2016, 9:13 am

FYI: I'm not making excuses but I understand they are experiencing problems with some sort of switching equipment in the US. All Play services are affected.

I didn't get a time for resolution but there are actively working on it.

Vinnny
Street 2NR

Postby Vinnny » June 15th, 2016, 11:26 am

Yeah, it was bad yesterday and this morning but getting better now. Just took this speedtest to Miami, ping pretty high still but better than an hour ago, so they working on it.

itachi95
Riding on 13's

Postby itachi95 » June 15th, 2016, 9:31 pm

Its still working like sheit. Does anyone still have 40ms ping to Comcast in Miami?

Vinnny
Street 2NR

Postby Vinnny » June 15th, 2016, 11:36 pm

itachi95 wrote:Its still working like sheit. Does anyone still have 40ms ping to Comcast in Miami?

Nope, that's what I waiting on.

Edit: Things getting better now.. 47 ping to Miami so about 7ms more than we usually get.

itachi95
Riding on 13's

Postby itachi95 » June 17th, 2016, 4:31 pm

Vinnny wrote:
itachi95 wrote:Its still working like sheit. Does anyone still have 40ms ping to Comcast in Miami?

Edit: Things getting better now.. 47 ping to Miami so about 7ms more than we usually get.

It's still working like sheit for me , I got a business package and still getting 99ms+ ping to Miami :( I have no idea what to do.

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 17th, 2016, 4:34 pm

digicel play is blocking all iptv download trying to talk to a tech for the pass hour no luck
will let you know what they intend to do bout it
call digicel tech and they could not fix the problem.
so for you all who using kodi on your pc digicel is blocking all and any built you may try to download
lucking i still have my blink internet so i connect it and try to download the usa1 built on kodi and it is downloading with no error.
so digicel is telling you that you are not allow to use you internet as you please if they can`t fix the problem my next step is dis-connection. and that is when the managers will call you
Last edited by b14inb12 on June 17th, 2016, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vinnny
Street 2NR

Postby Vinnny » June 17th, 2016, 4:44 pm

itachi95 wrote:
Vinnny wrote:

It's still working like sheit for me , I got a business package and still getting 99ms+ ping to Miami :( I have no idea what to do.

Still getting 47 here to the Logic server in Miami. See if changing the server helps. Not perfect yet for me though, still getting higher pings than usual on League of Legends.

itachi95
Riding on 13's

Postby itachi95 » June 17th, 2016, 5:10 pm

Vinnny wrote:
itachi95 wrote:
Vinnny wrote:

Still getting 47 here to the Logic server in Miami. See if changing the server helps. Not perfect yet for me though, still getting higher pings than usual on League of Legends.

Damn bro that's still great. Im getting 96ms from logic. Sigh , Curepe area sucks dick for the past month.

kcgilll
Street 2NR

Postby kcgilll » June 17th, 2016, 5:49 pm

They finally passed in my street today. Dinsley Tacarigua. Dropped flyer with rep number in my mail box. Contacted them they gonna be checking me Monday to sign up.

b14inb12
Trinituner Peong

Postby b14inb12 » June 17th, 2016, 10:54 pm

b14inb12 wrote:digicel play is blocking all iptv download trying to talk to a tech for the pass hour no luck
so for you all who using kodi on your pc digicel is blocking all and any built you may try to download
lucking i still have my blink internet so i connect it and try to download the usa1 built on kodi and it is downloading with no error.
so digicel is telling you that you are not allow to use you internet as you please if they can`t fix the problem my next step is dis-connection. and that is when the managers will call you

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » June 18th, 2016, 12:27 pm

kcgilll wrote:They finally passed in my street today. Dinsley Tacarigua. Dropped flyer with rep number in my mail box. Contacted them they gonna be checking me Monday to sign up.

Bro wtf can I get that rep number so I can call cause I also need service hooked up in dinsley and every time I call they said it ain't reach that far, you know the pharmacy by the bakery are you close to that area ?

kcgilll
Street 2NR

Postby kcgilll » June 20th, 2016, 3:24 pm

Dinsley..close to Eddie Hart. Not sure if they reach main road side yet.

felix
Street 2NR

Postby felix » June 21st, 2016, 4:17 am

[qudigicel play is blocking all iptv download trying to talk to a tech for the pass hour no luck
so digicel is telling you that you are not allow to use you internet as you please if they can`t fix the problem my next step is dis-connection. and that is when the managers will call youote][/quote]

anyone else having this problem i need to know before i switch

R-H-D
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby R-H-D » June 21st, 2016, 7:35 am

they don't block anything
however this month is constant disconnects real downtime

volcanosnowstorm
3NE 2NR for life

Re: RE: Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby volcanosnowstorm » June 21st, 2016, 7:49 am

R-H-D wrote:they don't block anything
however this month is constant disconnects real downtime

No specific services, ports, forwarding, domain / ip? Nothing at all? Source?

Caribnomad
Street 2NR

Postby Caribnomad » June 21st, 2016, 7:52 am

felix wrote:[qudigicel play is blocking all iptv download trying to talk to a tech for the pass hour no luck
so digicel is telling you that you are not allow to use you internet as you please if they can`t fix the problem my next step is dis-connection. and that is when the managers will call youote]

anyone else having this problem i need to know before i switch[/quote]

I am still using Kodi/XBMC just fine for last 3 days.

M.E.C.P
Ricer

Re: RE: Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby M.E.C.P » June 21st, 2016, 10:17 am

mitch1980 wrote:
Caribnomad wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:i installed digicel this wee May 23rd 2016. full package phone tv and 25mb
kept my Flow connection 30mb
with same N router for each i connected and tested.

digicel- nothing more than 16 mb this week

16mb to where? Sounds like you were speedtesting to the LISA speedtest server.

to digicel data center in chaguanas.
i understand that digicel can guarantee 25mb techncally all issues can be solved in time etc however the back inend support and customer service at the head office is ridiculous .... i rather endure the passport office or DP office than digicel yesterday

b14inb12 wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:i installed digicel this wee May 23rd 2016. full package phone tv and 25mb

digi tv quality was excellent , never used the digi landline.

flow was 15mb-30mb.

went to Play head office today to report issues as i was in the area.. waited 2 hours and got really shitty customer service.
Disconnected the Digicel service.

Digicel manager tried to reason with me and she she said "first persson to request service cancellation in less than a week"
told her flow may not be guaranteed 30mb but if i have an issue they respond quickly and and its 10years service with Flow/CWC/Liberty

this is what i tall about let them know that "they need you you don`t need them give you what you paying for " thumbs up bro

b14inb12 wrote:

digi tv quality was excellent , never used the digi landline.

flow was 15mb-30mb.

went to Play head office today to report issues as i was in the area.. waited 2 hours and got really shitty customer service.
Disconnected the Digicel service.

Digicel manager tried to reason with me and she she said "first persson to request service cancellation in less than a week"
told her flow may not be guaranteed 30mb but if i have an issue they respond quickly and and its 10years service with Flow/CWC/Liberty

this is what i tall about let them know that "they need you you don`t need them give you what you paying for " thumbs up bro

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”