this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Digicel Internet Thread

Postby dtopshottas » May 24th, 2020, 7:40 pm

stev wrote:WiFi disconnects?

get ur own WiFi router or connect directly via CAT5/6

I connected a wireless router to LAN1 but the game freezes after a few minutes. Same odd behaviour when connected to the ISP's router. I just don't understand what is going on. It has to be Digicel <---> Roblox.

Nasrallah
Sweet on this forum

Postby Nasrallah » May 25th, 2020, 1:13 pm

dtopshottas wrote:Hey all,
I am wondering if anyone else has connection issues with Roblox using Digicel Play. The game runs then freezes when using the Digicel's wifi but doesn't on Flow,TSTT or Bmobile LTE. I'm puzzled at the moment. If you have any thing just throw it way. Thanks.

What platform are you using to play Roblox? PC/MAC/Android/IOS/ Console?

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » May 25th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Nasrallah wrote:
dtopshottas wrote:Hey all,
I am wondering if anyone else has connection issues with Roblox using Digicel Play. The game runs then freezes when using the Digicel's wifi but doesn't on Flow,TSTT or Bmobile LTE. I'm puzzled at the moment. If you have any thing just throw it way. Thanks.

What platform are you using to play Roblox? PC/MAC/Android/IOS/ Console?

Playing it on Android 9 and Win7

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » May 26th, 2020, 4:40 pm

Contacted Digicel's Customer Service and was told it's an issue with some of their customers but I can research port forwarding online to assist. I asked about a guide but they don't have any. I asked about any successful cases of this port forwarding and they couldn't say. Well clearly Digicel needs to put a guide on this. I mean you can't just have people dead in the water. I mean is the Technical Staff even "Technical"

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » May 26th, 2020, 10:42 pm

they are script readers. they tend to 'escalate' for every little thing.

Pctechsly
Riding on 13's

Postby Pctechsly » May 27th, 2020, 2:28 pm

Need some advice ..want to do some small construction work but the terminal box ( gray box) in the way ..problem is I have a pole across the road from me but when I signed up for Digicel back in 2017 the kakahole put me in a different pole about five houses away from the pole that was right across from me even the technicians that had installed my service say that was real sheit bc they had to run alot of the fiber cable ..if I call and explain my situation you all think they would be willing to reroute the box to another location even though that will require more fiber ? Or would it be easier to call for a disconnect as in stop the service and then reapply pay back the installation fee and make sure they connect me to the pole opposite my house ?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 27th, 2020, 2:42 pm

Digicel ain't gonna do sheit if you call them about this.

Pile up some garbage, soak with a gallon of diesel and light a big fire under the pole with the existing connection. When the internet stops working, call Digicel customer support.
They will come in the morning and run new lines and everything. Just prepare for 12 hours without service in the area.
And no, i not joking, i've seen this been done. Pay a piper a lil $20 to do this for you so they can't trace it back to you.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 27th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Pctechsly wrote:Need some advice ..want to do some small construction work but the terminal box ( gray box) in the way ..problem is I have a pole across the road from me but when I signed up for Digicel back in 2017 the kakahole put me in a different pole about five houses away from the pole that was right across from me even the technicians that had installed my service say that was real sheit bc they had to run alot of the fiber cable ..if I call and explain my situation you all think they would be willing to reroute the box to another location even though that will require more fiber ? Or would it be easier to call for a disconnect as in stop the service and then reapply pay back the installation fee and make sure they connect me to the pole opposite my house ?

This is Trinidad, calling and making such a request is NOT going to do anything.

If you disconnect they will just shut you off with a switch they won't disconnect anything same as reinstalling you won't get a new connection.

Go to Digicel FaceBook page and explain what happen and tell them if they don't do as you say then you want your connection terminated and you will go with another provider. They will call it a bluff, when you actually call and request to cancel they will know it serious.

What happens after is they will claim they disconnected you, but then your internet will keep running and you will keep getting billed and this will continue for 1 year. From here on you will continue to spam their facebook page, record videos of what happening and post it on their facebook page and tell everybody on their page what going on

What Digicel will then do is secretly put you on censor where only you alone can see the post you made on their FB page but you will think everybody else can see it.

At this point StarLink should be up and running in Trinidad so you could apply through that ISP

Pctechsly
Riding on 13's

Postby Pctechsly » May 27th, 2020, 5:07 pm

Wheyyz thanks for the advice guys..what maj.tom say sounding like a plan LOL

Nasrallah
Sweet on this forum

Postby Nasrallah » May 29th, 2020, 11:29 am

Pctechsly wrote:Need some advice ..want to do some small construction work but the terminal box ( gray box) in the way ..problem is I have a pole across the road from me but when I signed up for Digicel back in 2017 the kakahole put me in a different pole about five houses away from the pole that was right across from me even the technicians that had installed my service say that was real sheit bc they had to run alot of the fiber cable ..if I call and explain my situation you all think they would be willing to reroute the box to another location even though that will require more fiber ? Or would it be easier to call for a disconnect as in stop the service and then reapply pay back the installation fee and make sure they connect me to the pole opposite my house ?

One reason you may have been put on a different pole was due to capacity and future planning.

Each household is connected to a fiber access terminal -FAT. The FAT splits the fiber into individual ports then a drop cable is run to the house. One FAT can only handle a certain amount of households.
In your case the FAT right across from you was probably at full capacity or the available ports was already earmarked for future use. All this is and more are predetermined before the technicians arrive at your location.

Call them, explain the situation and they will come and relocate it.

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » May 30th, 2020, 4:32 pm

After reading online forums i decided to go through a VPN and it works on the Digicel Play WiFi. I'm stumped but I am not a tech guy so probably someone can explain what exactly the VPN does that convinces the ISP to allow it to work (DNS, DCHP, IPv4, IPv6 who knows). But i'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » June 5th, 2020, 11:03 pm

Hi All,
Can anyone help me change the Primary DNS Server settings on the HG8245Q router? Every time I enter a value and hit apply nothing happens. :cry:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 5th, 2020, 11:12 pm

sudo service network-manager restart

dtopshottas
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dtopshottas » June 9th, 2020, 10:59 pm

maj. tom wrote:Image

sudo service network-manager restart

Interface on the HG8245Q is a little different and I believe it is probably locked by Digicel and can only be changed by Digicel. Clicking "Apply" just greys out the button and you have to reload the router's home page.

Still waiting on the "Higher Up" Techs to contact me (2 weeks now) on changing my DNS or something for Roblox to work with Digicel Play.

Thanks for the reply.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 10th, 2020, 5:30 am

sorry about that. If it can help for your needs, change the DNS within the device that you're using to force DNS of your choice.
For Windows 7/8/10: https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... ng#windows

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » June 17th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Digi home Internet in San Juan weak to say the least.... Slow very slow... 2 reboots and still bad. Can't even stream batman old series on mobdoro

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 17th, 2020, 10:03 pm

death365 wrote:Digi home Internet in San Juan weak to say the least.... Slow very slow... 2 reboots and still bad. Can't even stream batman old series on mobdoro

u sure is the internet? Mobdro not very reliable IMO

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » June 18th, 2020, 6:04 am

Yeah speed test at 50 to 60 when it should be 100. Even WiFi signal switching to no Internet.
stev wrote:
death365 wrote:Digi home Internet in San Juan weak to say the least.... Slow very slow... 2 reboots and still bad. Can't even stream batman old series on mobdoro

u sure is the internet? Mobdro not very reliable IMO

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » June 26th, 2020, 11:14 am

anybody know which location have the alcatel link hub(with ethernet port) in stock ?

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » June 26th, 2020, 3:35 pm

anyone else have trouble accesing bill payment? neither the app or website is loading the bill payment page

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » June 26th, 2020, 8:36 pm

made to query an outstanding balance today as mine was showin unpaid despite payin early.
Digicel confirmed issue on there side when queried.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 27th, 2020, 11:01 pm

I paid my bill online on Thursday, no issues

Bosse
Street 2NR

Postby Bosse » June 28th, 2020, 10:13 pm

Anybody else service down today? Barataria area down when I call there is a recording saying they have a major fiber optic break

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » July 10th, 2020, 7:35 pm

Anyone service down?

Josiahphillip78
Riding on 13's

Postby Josiahphillip78 » August 2nd, 2020, 12:53 am

Screenshot_20200731-185058_Speedtest.jpg
Digicel has the best wifi better than any companies in Trinidad
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I need a favor done from anybody who has Digicel Fiber here

Please do a speedtest to Baltimore Comcast and share the result here. I wanna see how much a pure Fiber line like Digicel would get to know if to switch from Flow.

Ooh and if possible and u have time maybe a speedtest to somewhere in Florida

ttphilip
Street 2NR

Postby ttphilip » August 2nd, 2020, 9:49 pm

Digicel fiber, Via WiFi on my iPad: My package is 70 mbps -
I got 69 down, 89 up, ping 69, jitter 0.9 Baltimore Comcast

Comcast Florida: 67 down, 106 up, ping 53, jitter 0.53

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » August 10th, 2020, 5:13 am

Anyone’s digicel play app for watchin tv on smart device working?

saball15
Riding on 13's

Postby saball15 » August 10th, 2020, 4:36 pm

When that happens, you usually have to call their support they have to do a reset or something
eitech wrote:Anyone’s digicel play app for watchin tv on smart device working?

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » August 26th, 2020, 8:55 am

Any body getting absolutely shiit download speeds recently... Like 1 week or so...

Need to find out b4 calling an cussing digicel
Screenshot_20200826_085443.jpeg

psychomatic
Riding on 13's

Postby psychomatic » September 2nd, 2020, 3:23 am

Was on their old and outdated 40/40 package (it is not even on the website anymore) and recently upgraded to the 75/75 one within the last week to 2. To my surprise last night I am seeing my speeds showing as the 100/100 one.
EDIT: It appears that the 75/75 package has been replaced by the 100/100 one on their website. So i guess free upgrade then.
Attachments
Digi.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”