TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple - Cryptocurrency in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

D Phil
Street 2NR

Re: Bitcoins, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple Anyone?

Postby D Phil » December 11th, 2017, 2:30 pm

redmanjp wrote:
D Phil wrote:Glad to hear people trying to set up bitcoin trading services in tt. :lol: It's about time. Last time i checked only a company in Barbados was allowing you to cash out. Bitt.com i think it was.

I've been investing in btc for close to a year now. Holding several coins.

I guess u smiling all the way to the bank now

Nah man
That will be a bad idea
If you bought at 1000 and sold at 5000 thinking you made a decent profit, you'd be kicking yourself for not holding until 20000.

I have about 10 different coins. Dont plan to sell any. That's my retirement.

From January i want to make a day trading account. For buying and selling daily/weekly based on signals and alerts.

D Phil
Street 2NR

Postby D Phil » December 11th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Redman wrote:Trade the futures.
JPM calls it a fraud.

Wait for them to say that the futures market will distort the market...invalidating the moves.

Is the question now that they CAN manipulate BTC?

Still cant get my head around the futures thing. It's like a virtual version of btc, which itself is already virtual. But manipulation happens all the time even in regulated markets. Sometimes in the form of "leaked mergers" and so many other ways.

What i understand with futures is that there is money to be made even when the price is going down.

When we look back years down the road these fluctuations will not even be visible on the charts. So any one thinking about getting in should just do it. Your grandkids will consider you a legend for buying btc around 10k.

triniguy0
Riding on 13's

Postby triniguy0 » December 11th, 2017, 11:43 pm

Hey anyone ever checked out this guy on facebook (Crypto Sales and Solutions) looking real good!
It appears he is in Trinidad and buys and sells coins. Its an easy way to buy some coins, trade and cash out.
Its late now, but I will check out the link tomorrow and report back!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 12th, 2017, 12:10 am

D Phil wrote:
Redman wrote:Trade the futures.
JPM calls it a fraud.

Wait for them to say that the futures market will distort the market...invalidating the moves.

Is the question now that they CAN manipulate BTC?

Still cant get my head around the futures thing. It's like a virtual version of btc, which itself is already virtual. But manipulation happens all the time even in regulated markets. Sometimes in the form of "leaked mergers" and so many other ways.

What i understand with futures is that there is money to be made even when the price is going down.

When we look back years down the road these fluctuations will not even be visible on the charts. So any one thinking about getting in should just do it. Your grandkids will consider you a legend for buying btc around 10k.

It could go either way- u could get filthy rich by then or it could just crash in a couple years time due to a major hack, or some authority decide to crack down on it etc.

Best advice is be prepared to lose everything u invest

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 12th, 2017, 12:17 am

D Phil wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
D Phil wrote:Glad to hear people trying to set up bitcoin trading services in tt. :lol: It's about time. Last time i checked only a company in Barbados was allowing you to cash out. Bitt.com i think it was.

Nah man
That will be a bad idea
If you bought at 1000 and sold at 5000 thinking you made a decent profit, you'd be kicking yourself for not holding until 20000.

From January i want to make a day trading account. For buying and selling daily/weekly based on signals and alerts.

This mentality is so sad ... This is the kind of thinking that leads to bubbles and bubble denial.
Never forget ... The guy that bought at 1k and sold at 5k made 5 times his initial investment and that's it ... He is 5 times richer. The guy still holding his bitcoin has nothing but his dick in his hand until he sells at a profit.

Two things come to mind here
1) A boob in hand is worth 2 in the brassiere.

2) The greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants. A price can be justified by a rational buyer under the belief that another party is willing to pay an even higher price.

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » December 12th, 2017, 7:17 am

^^^ Agreed.

A good way to invest example:
Sell 5-10% of what you earn each time the price doubles.

D Phil
Street 2NR

Postby D Phil » December 12th, 2017, 11:10 pm

drchaos wrote:
D Phil wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

Nah man
That will be a bad idea

This mentality is so sad ... This is the kind of thinking that leads to bubbles and bubble denial.
Never forget ... The guy that bought at 1k and sold at 5k made 5 times his initial investment and that's it ... He is 5 times richer. The guy still holding his bitcoin has nothing but his dick in his hand until he sells at a profit.

2) The greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants. A price can be justified by a rational buyer under the belief that another party is willing to pay an even higher price.

And that's where it boils down to perception. Because for some people 4000 isnt anything to feel richer about.

This is how business works. The farmer buys seeds hoping to sell their fruit for a higher price than what he paid to grow. The phone shop buys phones hoping you would pay them more for it. All of it is speculation. So if you bought a piece of land for 100k and decided to sell it for 150k that your business. And if you decided to hold it to the value of 1mil that your choice too. When last did you reflect on the intrinsic value of the TTD or USD?

Another area you're mistaken. That guy who didnt sell isnt just holding his dick. He's holding bitcoin. He may not be able to buy a pennycool with it but if he's smart he can use it for more serious goods and services. After playing in crypto i wanted to invest in stocks. You think i had to convert to cash then buy? Think again. You think when I fly I have to sell bitcoin to gets dollars to buy a ticket? Think again. The only bubble is the one around your mind. We eat at restaurants and pay in bitcoin my friend (used to, bitcoin is too valuable now, rather pay in cash.)

Apple stocks took years to get from 50cents to a dollar. You probably would have sold and made 50cents profit but some people held it to 150$ (cause some of us have that sad mentality).
The sad mentality in my opinion is moving your savings from an appreciating asset to a depreciating currency.

But one thing comes to mind here:
"To each his own"

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 12th, 2017, 11:31 pm

Correct, There is no cut and paste method of everyone’s handling of their money and it’s not easy to predict but sometimes it pays to hold the gamble if you can afford to

Myself and a padna bought bitcoin years ago
We spent hundreds of dollars worth
I sold all when I doubled
He held and only sold half recently(7 figures)...

In hindsight I spend a lot more in a couple months on food and drink than what I made back

And mind you every year I have a habit of investing some money on the local stock market
Yet last few years it has been terrible

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » December 13th, 2017, 12:00 am

Currency is made to be used. True, TT dollars over the medium or long term will decrease in value (devalue). Maybe even next year, it will maybe devalue to 10:1. The IMF has said maybe even more, 11:1 instead of our present 6.7:1.

But currency is made to be used. It is meant to be spent. That is why it was created.

The origin of the word "currency"

From the Medieval Latin word currentia, dating back to 1650-60. See current, -ency

1650s, "condition of flowing," from Latin currens, present participle of currere "to run" (see current (adj.)

So let the TT dollars flow. Spend it, because it is not meant to be a store of value ("devalue"). It is meant to be used, spent quickly.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » December 13th, 2017, 5:59 am

The question you have to ask yourself is, who is left to buy that hasn't bought already.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 13th, 2017, 6:16 am

Look at the relative size of the markets.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 13th, 2017, 9:26 am

Uncle Sam going after crypto holders
https://www.coindesk.com/uncle-sams-sur ... investors/

More reason to move any crypto currency off an exchange and onto your own standalone wallet

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 13th, 2017, 11:43 am

Keep in mind that the block chain is too disruptive to the political and economic status quo to allow it to be unregulated.

early days yet

jahs0ldi3r
Trinituner Peong

Postby jahs0ldi3r » December 13th, 2017, 11:50 am

jahs0ldi3r wrote:The only thing illegal is not paying the piper
This

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 13th, 2017, 1:10 pm

I bought 2000 usd in ripple yesterday @.33 cents. Trying to take a small chook

D Phil
Street 2NR

Postby D Phil » December 13th, 2017, 2:20 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I bought 2000 usd in ripple yesterday @.33 cents. Trying to take a small chook

Nice. Dont get burnt though
Every one of ripple's rally during the last few months didn't last. Keep an eye on the chart or set a stop loss.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 13th, 2017, 2:39 pm

BTC down to $15,900 on some exchanges right now

may be a good opportunity to buy

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 13th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Did I just read that a man compare buying bitcoin and sitting on it to buying seeds and growing fruit and selling it???

#face-palm ......

D Phil
Street 2NR

Postby D Phil » December 13th, 2017, 8:40 pm

drchaos wrote:Did I just read that a man compare buying bitcoin and sitting on it to buying seeds and growing fruit and selling it???

#face-palm ......

"a man compared"

D Phil
Street 2NR

Postby D Phil » December 13th, 2017, 8:54 pm

Skanky wrote:The question you have to ask yourself is, who is left to buy that hasn't bought already.

Based on these charts;
Stock are at about 200 trillion while crypto is at about 400 billion
Based on the above the amount of money invested in the crypto space is about 2% of what's invested in stocks.

So yeah, I'd say there are people left to buy. But that's me......when I began there was only 50 billion total invested in crypto.
Attachments
assets.png

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 13th, 2017, 8:55 pm

D Phil wrote:
drchaos wrote:
D Phil wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

Nah man
That will be a bad idea

And that's where it boils down to perception. Because for some people 4000 isnt anything to feel richer about.

This is how business works. The farmer buys seeds hoping to sell their fruit for a higher price than what he paid to grow. The phone shop buys phones hoping you would pay them more for it. All of it is speculation. So if you bought a piece of land for 100k and decided to sell it for 150k that your business. And if you decided to hold it to the value of 1mil that your choice too. When last did you reflect on the intrinsic value of the TTD or USD?

Another area you're mistaken. That guy who didnt sell isnt just holding his dick. He's holding bitcoin. He may not be able to buy a pennycool with it but if he's smart he can use it for more serious goods and services. After playing in crypto i wanted to invest in stocks. You think i had to convert to cash then buy? Think again. You think when I fly I have to sell bitcoin to gets dollars to buy a ticket? Think again. The only bubble is the one around your mind. We eat at restaurants and pay in bitcoin my friend (used to, bitcoin is too valuable now, rather pay in cash.)

Apple stocks took years to get from 50cents to a dollar. You probably would have sold and made 50cents profit but some people held it to 150$ (cause some of us have that sad mentality).
The sad mentality in my opinion is moving your savings from an appreciating asset to a depreciating currency.

But one thing comes to mind here:
"To each his own"

"And that's where it boils down to perception, because for some people 4000 isnt anything to feel richer about".
Improper sentence fragmentation, one example of many in your paragraph.

"and decided to sell it for 150k that's your business".

"to the value of 1 million that's your choice too"
Really having a problem with that vs that's ....

"That guy who didn't sell isn't just holding his dick".

Could go on but you get the point.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 13th, 2017, 9:02 pm

D Phil wrote:
Skanky wrote:The question you have to ask yourself is, who is left to buy that hasn't bought already.

Based on these charts;
Based on the above the amount of money invested in the crypto space is about 2% of what's invested in stocks.

So yeah, I'd say there are people left to buy. But that's me......when I began there was only 50 billion total invested in crypto.

Sounds purely speculative, but with any speculation there is a chance you could be right and a chance you could be wrong.

D Phil
Street 2NR

Postby D Phil » December 13th, 2017, 9:22 pm

drchaos wrote:
D Phil wrote:

Based on these charts;

Sounds purely speculative, but with any speculation there is a chance you could be right and a chance you could be wrong.

I agree with you there. Which takes us back to the first rule of investing;
Invest only what you can afford to lose.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 14th, 2017, 12:33 am

Every other crypto's is surging and bitcoin is slowing down ... All the crypto fan boys are dumping their bitcoin for other cryptos until the full effects of the futures trading comes into the light. Bitcoin will probably stay put until people feel comfortable.

D Phil
Street 2NR

Postby D Phil » December 14th, 2017, 12:56 am

Total market cap just crossed 500 billion
2018 looks promising for crypto

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 14th, 2017, 11:52 am

i believe i've doubled my investment in ripple

its .66 now and going up

jahs0ldi3r
Trinituner Peong

Postby jahs0ldi3r » December 14th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:i believe i've doubled my investment in ripple

its .66 now and going up
Lucky you, last time I took a gamble with ripple I halved my investment over 24 hrs. Then tried some STR, BCN, DOGE, VTC and NAV, but made further losses.

But I was thinking short term.

I was monitoring the market by the minute and trying to catch currencies on the way up, buy, then sell in a few hours when it went a little further up.

That strategy was extremely flawed.

Hahaha@me.foolish

I was new to investing and the only reason I tried was because my bitcoin was now worth so much that I could afford to burn some...And did(burn some) hahaha

New technique, buy and hold regardless of rise or fall.

Probably flawed to but what the hell, that's the way I'm rolling.

Btw. Next time you have the insider info you could feel free to pm me...Hahaha[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171214/fe5d0c11c2c8434e45f851efaae03a76.jpg[/img]

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 14th, 2017, 5:15 pm

ripple reached .88 today
should have invested a lil 10k usd
could have cashed out x 2 or x 3 by today

should have could have....didnt

i take a lil lil chook in forex also

D Phil
Street 2NR

Postby D Phil » December 14th, 2017, 5:17 pm

There's always inside info going around
I got the heads up at 0.3 but i never chase the rallies. Either iam in at the start or iam out (there are some exceptions)

Ripple had it's time april/may. I've seen many friends give up and sell as the months passed. Like you said, thinking short term. Who knew a few more months would be life changing. I say that because they got in when it was under a cent :shock:

D Phil
Street 2NR

Postby D Phil » December 14th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Did ok on powr
ICO was 0.08
Currently trading above 0.7

https://youtu.be/Vpl07nSi_uc

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”