Forums

Income Tax Refunds

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: Income Tax Refunds

Postby Kenjo » September 27th, 2019, 1:56 pm

You will basically owe the government possibly worse case scenario but as you didn’t work anywhere else it should be correct

narendra_maharaj
Riding on 13's

Postby narendra_maharaj » September 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm

Actually what I am saying is the TD4 figures are WRONG. They took tax out normally for 3 months - but are showing figures for 12 months. Same thing for Gross earnings. The only thing that looks correct in the TD4 are the NIS deducted and the HS fields that reflect deductions for 13 weeks -NOT 53 weeks (last year {2018} had 53 work weeks - not 52).
I think I’m going to write the company to get a corrected version of the TD4 ...

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » September 28th, 2019, 12:24 am

narendra_maharaj wrote:Actually what I am saying is the TD4 figures are WRONG. They took tax out normally for 3 months - but are showing figures for 12 months. Same thing for Gross earnings. The only thing that looks correct in the TD4 are the NIS deducted and the HS fields that reflect deductions for 13 weeks -NOT 53 weeks (last year {2018} had 53 work weeks - not 52).
I think I’m going to write the company to get a corrected version of the TD4 ...
What you are saying is that you only work for 3 months, but they give you a td4 with earnings and PAYE figures reflecting like if you worked for the whole year. If you only worked those 3 months you supposed to get back all the PAYE paid in those months (unless you managed to earn more than 72k in those 3 months).

Hopefully it's an error they made, they need to check back their payroll records wanna give you a correct TD4, or else that's fraudulent documents they sending to the ministry

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » September 28th, 2019, 1:37 am

Kronik wrote:
narendra_maharaj wrote:Actually what I am saying is the TD4 figures are WRONG. They took tax out normally for 3 months - but are showing figures for 12 months. Same thing for Gross earnings. The only thing that looks correct in the TD4 are the NIS deducted and the HS fields that reflect deductions for 13 weeks -NOT 53 weeks (last year {2018} had 53 work weeks - not 52).
What you are saying is that you only work for 3 months, but they give you a td4 with earnings and PAYE figures reflecting like if you worked for the whole year. If you only worked those 3 months you supposed to get back all the PAYE paid in those months (unless you managed to earn more than 72k in those 3 months).

Hopefully it's an error they made, they need to check back their payroll records wanna give you a correct TD4, or else that's fraudulent documents they sending to the ministry

Narendra, Kronik is correct. So when you file your tax return, you claim as a refund whatever was overpaid or “over-deducted” by the company. However, you will need an accurate TD4 that shows the actual gross salary and deductions. So you need to speak with the relevant person at the company, explain your situation and show him/her the incorrect TD4.

As for the TD4 showing that you worked 9 weeks, was your work week Monday to Friday with a couple of holidays? Then maybe they’re showing the 63 days that you actually worked? Have no experience working on payrolls, so I’m just guessing.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » October 4th, 2019, 5:03 pm

If I'm 50 and surrender (cashed out) an annuity before its time, the govt automatically taxes the principal @25% I believe.

However, when filing my tax return, will i have to enter the amount I received (after govt tax) as income?

And if so is that amount then taxed AGAIN? That's what I was told, is this right???

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » October 8th, 2019, 5:20 am

Hey, I've worked 2 companies in the same year and paid taxes. Is it possible to file one td4 this year and the next td4 next year to get the full amount of page back?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 8th, 2019, 5:28 am

Jade_Inc. wrote:Hey, I've worked 2 companies in the same year and paid taxes. Is it possible to file one td4 this year and the next td4 next year to get the full amount of page back?

Both td4 must be submitted for the same year on one form

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 8th, 2019, 7:39 am

Jade_Inc. wrote:Hey, I've worked 2 companies in the same year and paid taxes. Is it possible to file one td4 this year and the next td4 next year to get the full amount of page back?
You know the year is written on the TD4 right? And before you submit it, there is a declaration that you accept that what you submit is true etc

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 8th, 2019, 9:13 am

You will get the full amount back in one filing. You submit both TD4s with a covering letter explaining why you have two TD4s.

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » October 8th, 2019, 10:12 pm

I did file both of them as one but I know a few people who file them separate and receive the amount on both td4. Can u be fined for that?

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » October 15th, 2019, 6:02 pm

First time filing online. Filed 2017 yesterday & it gave me my refund value. I also requested a change in mailing address.

Today I checked back under the tab "refund status" and it said my refund for 2017 was approved. Does that mean my cheque will be in the mail soon?

Also I saw my request to change the mailing address was processed today and its status is complete, but my online profile still shows my old mailing address.

Any advice would be appreciated .

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 15th, 2019, 7:02 pm

goalpost wrote:First time filing online. Filed 2017 yesterday & it gave me my refund value. I also requested a change in mailing address.

Today I checked back under the tab "refund status" and it said my refund for 2017 was approved. Does that mean my cheque will be in the mail soon?

Also I saw my request to change the mailing address was processed today and its status is complete, but my online profile still shows my old mailing address.

Yes you would get a cheque in d mail and ur address wud change. Be patient

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » October 16th, 2019, 4:59 am

did mine since last year September online, still cant get back my refund as yet, got 2 of the smaller ones but no word on the other

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 16th, 2019, 6:12 am

lalloboy101 wrote:did mine since last year September online, still cant get back my refund as yet, got 2 of the smaller ones but no word on the other

U can call their office fir update too

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 16th, 2019, 9:43 am

lalloboy101 wrote:did mine since last year September online, still cant get back my refund as yet, got 2 of the smaller ones but no word on the other

Next week makes it one year since I filed 2016 and 2017 and no change on the status on the online system.

I even went in to BIR the Wednesday before Carnival this year and they took down my info with a promise to call and haven't received a call either.

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » October 16th, 2019, 10:00 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

Next week makes it one year since I filed 2016 and 2017 and no change on the status on the online system.

I even went in to BIR the Wednesday before Carnival this year and they took down my info with a promise to call and haven't received a call either.

I tried this as well in the south office but was told they cant answer how long it would take as it probably has to be audited

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 16th, 2019, 1:47 pm

goalpost wrote:First time filing online. Filed 2017 yesterday & it gave me my refund value. I also requested a change in mailing address.

You might have a little problem there, the cheque might be sent to the old address, situation happened with the madam, had to contact the ttpost where she previously lived to let them know so they would not try to deliver it and to hold it for collection

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » October 17th, 2019, 4:36 pm

Kronik wrote:

You might have a little problem there, the cheque might be sent to the old address, situation happened with the madam, had to contact the ttpost where she previously lived to let them know so they would not try to deliver it and to hold it for collection

Thanks.
But the mailing address changed & I'm not seeing any further update with the refund other than it's approved so I'm guessing it hasn't been mailed out yet.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 18th, 2019, 7:44 am

goalpost wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Thanks.
But the mailing address changed & I'm not seeing any further update with the refund other than it's approved so I'm guessing it hasn't been mailed out yet.
We did the same, immediately after we submitted the return we did the change of address and in a couple days it changed on the system, then it showed we had to fill out a TD1, did that within a couple days, a week later it said the refund was issued, but they still sent it to the old address.

You can probably contact them before hand to let them know about the address, or after the cheque is sent out, find out which address it went to

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » October 18th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Kronik wrote:
goalpost wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Thanks.
We did the same, immediately after we submitted the return we did the change of address and in a couple days it changed on the system, then it showed we had to fill out a TD1, did that within a couple days, a week later it said the refund was issued, but they still sent it to the old address.

You can probably contact them before hand to let them know about the address, or after the cheque is sent out, find out which address it went to

Ok I will contact them when the cheque is sent out.
Does it update online when the cheque is out for delivery?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 20th, 2019, 10:52 pm

goalpost wrote:
Kronik wrote:
goalpost wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Thanks.

Ok I will contact them when the cheque is sent out.
Does it update online when the cheque is out for delivery?
Nah, it just says when it's approved for the refund to be issued, they still have to do the cheque and send it out, that timeframe will depend on the backlog

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 2nd, 2020, 12:46 pm

Covid wukking!!!

I filed 2016 and 2017 in Oct 2018 and I filed 2018 in Feb 2019.
Finally see they have approved and issued all three refunds via Notices of Assessment dated March 31st.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » April 2nd, 2020, 12:50 pm

Ent! Takes a dam pandemic to get your money!

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 2nd, 2020, 1:30 pm

Colm said they knowingly owe people... if i owe the government is jail... if they owe me is real drag foot... goes to show u one fule for them another for us

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 2nd, 2020, 1:31 pm

Colm said they knowingly owe people... if i owe the government is jail... if they owe me is real drag foot... goes to show u one fule for them another for us

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 6th, 2020, 1:53 pm

For those whose tax returns were processed on March 31st you should check your local TTPost office... i got mine today... government working boy... although it took a pandemic to get back what was rightfully mine... 5 more years of PNM

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » April 6th, 2020, 2:38 pm

Covid efficiency indeed!
Mine under queried since October and now has been approved.
So, I will have to do into the post office to collect. What do I need to do, walk with ID alone? Sorry, never actually stepped foot in a post office

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 6th, 2020, 3:23 pm

Walk with ID card/dp/pp... it was straightforward... identify yourself... what you came for... and your address (refunds were sorted for my area by location like example if we use pos they could sort for those on queen street, duke street, etc)... collect, sign for receipt... and wait 5 days for the blasted bank to give u your money

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nexus » April 7th, 2020, 7:45 am

Thanks elec.
Ill try and go today

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 7th, 2020, 11:52 am

Nexus wrote:Thanks elec.
Ill try and go today

Hello Nexus,

Before you go, i saw this on the website. Im guessing the date has to be amended.

Adjustments.JPG

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”