Re: Jhandis in T&T

Postby TriniAutoMart » November 25th, 2014, 10:43 am

RBphoto wrote:^^^*starts slow clap*

x2

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 25th, 2014, 12:12 pm

Sme stick their heads in the sand hoping that they will become one with their god!

AdamB get ban for calling a spade a spade. Murtis are objects of worship, are they not? jhandis are what / serve what purpose? They appease the gods?

http://www.ishafoundation.org/blog/yoga ... s-worship/

Well Sanskrit Religions Institute says yes!
http://sanskrit.org/?p=691

So does Hindu Wensite: http://www.hinduwebsite.com/idols.asp

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 25th, 2014, 12:19 pm

I have a coworker forming a new religion, some crap with blackberries. This dotishness getting out of hand, he wearing religious wear and emailing people all over about his religion.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 25th, 2014, 12:27 pm

York wrote:Sme stick their heads in the sand hoping that they will become one with their god!

AdamB get ban for calling a spade a spade. Murtis are objects of worship, are they not? jhandis are what / serve what purpose? They appease the gods?

http://www.ishafoundation.org/blog/yoga ... s-worship/

Well Sanskrit Religions Institute says yes!
http://sanskrit.org/?p=691

So does Hindu Wensite: http://www.hinduwebsite.com/idols.asp

AdamB get banned because he is a disrespectful little ahole with no tolerance for any belief other than his own.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 25th, 2014, 12:33 pm

York wrote:AdamB get ban for calling a spade a spade.

AdamB would call a spade, used to dig a hole for a Jhandi, an idol.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 25th, 2014, 12:39 pm

When zoom raider call you vomit you know things real real bad yes.

Oh and natio get banned???

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 25th, 2014, 12:47 pm

I hear he get bann and tr1ad get a salary increase.

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 25th, 2014, 12:59 pm

I have 2 questions:
1. Is idolatry a good thing?
2. Is tolerance for idolatry a noble quality?

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 25th, 2014, 1:01 pm

RBphoto wrote:
York wrote:AdamB get ban for calling a spade a spade.

AdamB would call a spade, used to dig a hole for a Jhandi, an idol.

Don't they just stick it in d ground? Anything special has to be put in the hole if it is necessary?

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 25th, 2014, 1:07 pm

York wrote:I have 2 questions:
1. Is idolatry a good thing?
2. Is tolerance for idolatry a noble quality?

Yes and yes. Very good, and noble. The best of men are idolators. I respect that sort of man.

Jhandis are really pretty and I like the pink ones. I have been thinking about this stainless steel Jhandis .... seeing that a Muslim would come up with that idea before a hindu tells me that you guys are thinking about this a lot more than than you let on. Get it off your chest, we are here for you... waiting with open arms... holding Jhandis.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 25th, 2014, 1:09 pm

York wrote:Anything special has to be put in the hole if it is necessary?

*Wink Wink*

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 25th, 2014, 1:53 pm

not sure there is a proper english translation for murti that would convey the same sanskrit meaning...

[grain of salt]from what i read...on wikipedia....[/saltless if yuh fasting]

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 25th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Brothers are you pseudo-Hindus? We must learn to embrace our religion with our idol worship. It is what it is, do not be ashamed. It is how we focus our devotion to our gods.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 25th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Is this why some muslim people refuse to eat food made by Hindu establishments selling vegetarian food for Divali?

Imagine if other people thought prayers over food by other religions was "devil ting", what would happen to companies selling halal chicken?

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 26th, 2014, 12:36 am

pete wrote:Is this why some muslim people refuse to eat food made by Hindu establishments selling vegetarian food for Divali?

Imagine if other people thought prayers over food by other religions was "devil ting", what would happen to companies selling halal chicken?

they say they can buy the vege food but if the food is being served for a hindu festival, then they can't eat it because that would be celebrating a pagan festival.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 26th, 2014, 5:46 am

^ who is 'they'?

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 26th, 2014, 8:19 am

16 cycles wrote:not sure there is a proper english translation for murti that would convey the same sanskrit meaning...

a murti for every man is what the doctor ordered.

In Hinduism, a murti (Devanagari: मूर्ति), or murthi, or vigraha or pratima[1] typically refers to an image that expresses a Divine Spirit (murta). Meaning literally "embodiment", a murti is a representation of a divinity, made usually of stone, wood, or metal, which serves as a means through which a divinity may be worshiped.[2] Hindus consider a murti worthy of serving as a focus of divine worship only after the divine is invoked in it for the purpose of offering worship.[3] The depiction of the divinity must reflect the gestures and proportions outlined in religious tradition.

A murti is a means of communication with the god or Brahman in Hinduism.[2] Murti is a Sanskrit term which is meant to point to the transcendent "otherness" of the divine;[4] therefore the word "murti" cannot be substituted with or translated as statue or idol without losing the underlying concept's inherent meaning and taking on unrelated connotations.

From Wiki.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 26th, 2014, 9:02 am

York wrote:
16 cycles wrote:not sure there is a proper english translation for murti that would convey the same sanskrit meaning...

In Hinduism, a murti (Devanagari: मूर्ति), or murthi, or vigraha or pratima[1] typically refers to an image that expresses a Divine Spirit (murta). Meaning literally "embodiment", a murti is a representation of a divinity, made usually of stone, wood, or metal, which serves as a means through which a divinity may be worshiped.[2] Hindus consider a murti worthy of serving as a focus of divine worship only after the divine is invoked in it for the purpose of offering worship.[3] The depiction of the divinity must reflect the gestures and proportions outlined in religious tradition.

A murti is a means of communication with the god or Brahman in Hinduism.[2] Murti is a Sanskrit term which is meant to point to the transcendent "otherness" of the divine;[4] therefore the word "murti" cannot be substituted with or translated as statue or idol without losing the underlying concept's inherent meaning and taking on unrelated connotations.

From Wiki.

I don't see what is the problem here.. even if Hindus worshiped many gods (and yes, there are sects which do), what's it to you? All that is great and wholesome. So what if the Murti is an embodiment of an actual god? I still don't see a problem. Any Hindu fighting you down about what you do? What is the problem with polytheism? Is that not awesome to have more than one supreme being who could help out a brother? Muhammad exalted one god of a polytheistic culture (The moon god). The Kaba was originally a polytheistic pilgrimage place for many different religions, which worked nicely with the nomadic nature of the people of the time. Muhammad Decided the moon god was the real flick, and when he started preaching against the other religions and becoming a rabble rouser, and generally nuisance to the community, they kicked him out. He was not persecuted for his belief in a different god, he was persecuted for being an ignorant bigoted jackass. Even the Jews tolerated polytheism at that time and worshiped at the Kaba as it was a mutual respect all round and an ignorant militant threatened the stability of the community.

TBH, nobody really cares what you think about their religion just as you don't really care what anyone thinks about your religion... Think about that for a second. Also, this is an automotive forum. That you have chosen to spread bigotry and hate on a forum which is as off topic from religion as can be says something about you. Finally, when people point out apparent absurdities in your own religion and you fail to address them in a logical manner after you have attacked another religion for what you deem apparent absurdities shows that you did not come here to inform and instruct, but to cause mischief. If your religion teaches mischief and being a troll is a way to spread it... oh wait.....

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 26th, 2014, 9:35 am

RBphoto wrote:
York wrote:

From Wiki.

I don't see what is the problem here.. even if Hindus worshiped many gods (and yes, there are sects which do), what's it to you? All that is great and wholesome. So what if the Murti is an embodiment of an actual god? I still don't see a problem. Any Hindu fighting you down about what you do? What is the problem with polytheism? Is that not awesome to have more than one supreme being who could help out a brother? Muhammad exalted one god of a polytheistic culture (The moon god). The Kaba was originally a polytheistic pilgrimage place for many different religions, which worked nicely with the nomadic nature of the people of the time. Muhammad Decided the moon god was the real flick, and when he started preaching against the other religions and becoming a rabble rouser, and generally nuisance to the community, they kicked him out. He was not persecuted for his belief in a different god, he was persecuted for being an ignorant bigoted jackass. Even the Jews tolerated polytheism at that time and worshiped at the Kaba as it was a mutual respect all round and an ignorant militant threatened the stability of the community.

TBH, nobody really cares what you think about their religion just as you don't really care what anyone thinks about your religion... Think about that for a second. Also, this is an automotive forum. That you have chosen to spread bigotry and hate on a forum which is as off topic from religion as can be says something about you. Finally, when people point out apparent absurdities in your own religion and you fail to address them in a logical manner after you have attacked another religion for what you deem apparent absurdities shows that you did not come here to inform and instruct, but to cause mischief. If your religion teaches mischief and being a troll is a way to spread it... oh wait.....

i belong to sect of hinduism we use murtis and accept it, not like some of you who have modernized views and rejected our ancestry of how to worship our gods. you cant worship an unseen god as a hindu. we focus energy in murti.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 26th, 2014, 9:51 am

York wrote:i belong to sect of hinduism we use murtis and accept it, not like some of you who have modernized views and rejected our ancestry of how to worship our gods. you cant worship an unseen god as a hindu. we focus energy in murti.

what be the source of the statement in bold?

is it an inherited custom from your family or prescribed based on a religious text?

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 26th, 2014, 10:17 am

16 cycles wrote:
York wrote:i belong to sect of hinduism we use murtis and accept it, not like some of you who have modernized views and rejected our ancestry of how to worship our gods. you cant worship an unseen god as a hindu. we focus energy in murti.

what be the source of the statement in bold?

is it an inherited custom from your family or prescribed based on a religious text?

yes its what ancestors did, baba say it from the gita. we invoke spirit of god in murti. we do idol worship not idle worship. we can also worship satguru.

GRIM
Sweet on this forum

Postby GRIM » November 26th, 2014, 10:18 am

It isn't that Hindus can't worship an unseen god but that most people are not able to concentrate on that which is formless.
It is stated in the Upanisads that the formless Brahamn has been assigned forms only for the convenience of the aspirant and that one can worship God as without form and without qualities.

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 26th, 2014, 10:21 am

GRIM wrote:It isn't that Hindus can't worship an unseen god but that most people are not able to concentrate on that which is formless.
It is stated in the Upanisads that the formless Brahamn has been assigned forms only for the convenience of the aspirant and that one can worship God as without form and without qualities.

we dont do what is stated, we do what we are told to do by ancestors.

more hindus need to post here what we do. a lot here saying things but they dont know and dont devote themselves.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 26th, 2014, 10:27 am

York wrote:yes its what ancestors did, baba say it from the gita. we invoke spirit of god in murti. we do idol worship not idle worship. we can also worship satguru.

thanks for clarity in how you worship

best of luck in achieving your spiritual goals...

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 26th, 2014, 10:03 pm

GRIM wrote:It is stated in the Upanisads that one can worship God as without form and without qualities.

That which is without form and without qualities does not exist, it is non-existence. That is not god.

God must be worshiped with qualities, qualities of perfection, goodness, justice, wisdom, knowledge.

In worship, we magnify God, we love God, we long for God.

How can we do these essential things without qualities?

GRIM
Sweet on this forum

Postby GRIM » November 26th, 2014, 11:47 pm

firstly dont quote part of what i said as it was an answer, taken from the Upanisads, to 16 cycles question about worshiping an unseen god as a hindu.

secondly you must understand it is very difficult to translate Sanskrit into english as there are no english translations to many Sanskrit words and the closest suitable word is used, which sometimes distorts the meaning of what was said in sanskrit.

from the Upanisads:
human beings with their finite instruments of knowledge cannot conceive of the formless infinite, so they use images as aids to concentration.
The names and forms of god may be many, but god is one.

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » November 27th, 2014, 9:43 am

GRIM wrote:firstly dont quote part of what i said as it was an answer, taken from the Upanisads, to 16 cycles question about worshiping an unseen god as a hindu.

secondly you must understand it is very difficult to translate Sanskrit into english as there are no english translations to many Sanskrit words and the closest suitable word is used, which sometimes distorts the meaning of what was said in sanskrit.

from the Upanisads:
human beings with their finite instruments of knowledge cannot conceive of the formless infinite, so they use images as aids to concentration.
The names and forms of god may be many, but god is one.

so you say we hindus follow distorted form of religion because language not understood.

did god put the names and forms or did man, ancestors do that?

GRIM
Sweet on this forum

Postby GRIM » November 27th, 2014, 10:42 am

York wrote:so you say we hindus follow distorted form of religion because language not understood.

I think this is the problem with many (if not all religions) in the world today when its original text or language is translated into a different language.

York wrote:did god put the names and forms or did man, ancestors do that?

this I do not know, you would have to read to find out or if truly interested have regular talks with your guru and ask questions yourself, Which is the main purpose of a guru anyway: to teach the disciple.

God said, ''whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases, I manifest myself. I am born from age to age for the protection of the good, for the destruction of evil and evildoers and for the re-establishment of dharma inn the world.''

now not all avataras are alike. God is ever complete, but his avatars differ in manifestation, depending on the purpose of the incarnation, the requirements of the time and the intensity of the circumstances.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 27th, 2014, 2:37 pm

thanks for the insight GRIM

appreciate the maturity in your responses

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » November 27th, 2014, 3:00 pm

You know, I don't have a problem with anyone holding a particular view.. but please, Don't tell people what they should believe, or believe that your religious view is superior to anyone else's. Religion is a personal thing, and people find spirituality where they find it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”