Re: Tiida hatch or Subaru hatch

Postby tr1ad » August 27th, 2015, 1:10 pm

oh it's a fwd hatch?
well then yea, gas tank etc

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 27th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Yeah FWD. That conversion sound like too much headache. Maybe if I was starting with the AWD. If I just change out the 1.5 for a 2.0 would I still need to change the diff or would it be able to handle the added power as is?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » August 27th, 2015, 3:02 pm

diff would have to change as the 2.0 turbo requires a different ratio

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » August 27th, 2015, 9:04 pm

I've had a look underneath, it looks like its prepped to receive the awd goodies. The space is all there. On a stock tranny setup I'd go with a 2.0na

rere31
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rere31 » August 27th, 2015, 9:38 pm

I crashed my gh3 the other day and I walk out the accident. Very safe vehicle. parts available but you have to look real good. Got all my parts foreign used for 8k. 555 wanted to charge me 2800 for a cradle...huh but I payed 1000. Car sits well on the road, handles well and has some pep. Gas gauge goes crazy sometimes. Car has to re map itself when battery is removed. Very nice aesthetic and performance wise. Only messed up thing is cost of labour. Men charging 1300 just to change a timing belt.

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » August 27th, 2015, 10:15 pm

rere31 wrote:I crashed my gh3 the other day and I walk out the accident. Very safe vehicle. parts available but you have to look real good. Got all my parts foreign used for 8k. 555 wanted to charge me 2800 for a cradle...huh but I payed 1000. Car sits well on the road, handles well and has some pep. Gas gauge goes crazy sometimes. Car has to re map itself when battery is removed. Very nice aesthetic and performance wise. Only messed up thing is cost of labour. Men charging 1300 just to change a timing belt.

You going to the wrong mechanic then lol

Garrett Inside
Trinituner Peong

Postby Garrett Inside » August 28th, 2015, 6:27 am

Don't know about alyuh but Nissan real silly with their new models, too much Renault in them. Intake Manifold blocking simple plug and coil pack change, e trottle, e numb ass power steering, radiator not easy to take out like before, one fan dotishness, small bushings and flimsy cradle arms...also can't buy oem bushings and mounts without buying whole cradle and aluminium bracket because they also have a short life span. The cars got too cheaply made now. Plus the new navaras, I.e. Frontiers from massy don't have leaf spring in the back. So softer ride but doubtful about lasting longevity or load carrying capacity.

Oh and best of all, some genius decided that yuh doh need a temp gauge, cause the temp won't skyrocket in d event of a rad leak or the one fan failure! And to make it fun for us, let's make the red indicator for the hot engine temp the same colour Reds as most of the other indicators that regularly come up like handbrake and door open etc so he cyar see it weren't he need to!

like they made like euro models, good for the first 5 years them disposable after.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » August 28th, 2015, 7:44 am

Garrett Inside wrote:Don't know about alyuh but Nissan real silly with their new models, too much Renault in them. Intake Manifold blocking simple plug and coil pack change, e trottle, e numb ass power steering, radiator not easy to take out like before, one fan dotishness, small bushings and flimsy cradle arms...also can't buy oem bushings and mounts without buying whole cradle and aluminium bracket because they also have a short life span. The cars got too cheaply made now. Plus the new navaras, I.e. Frontiers from massy don't have leaf spring in the back. So softer ride but doubtful about lasting longevity or load carrying capacity.

Oh and best of all, some genius decided that yuh doh need a temp gauge, cause the temp won't skyrocket in d event of a rad leak or the one fan failure! And to make it fun for us, let's make the red indicator for the hot engine temp the same colour Reds as most of the other indicators that regularly come up like handbrake and door open etc so he cyar see it weren't he need to!

like they made like euro models, good for the first 5 years them disposable after.

Aluminum and smaller suspension parts is not a bad thing. You really want leaf springs? Agree with everything else. That temp light business is folly. I could scrap down the whole top of my QG18 to clean injectors, TB, MAF housing, change plugs etc. easy. The accessory belt is actually easier to change on the HR models though and there is only one. Disagree with the 5 years and disposable. The interior holds up well and the engines are much better. What I spent endless money on is failing electrical parts and a warped front caliper which caused thousands of dollars in damage to rotors and a few seal kit changes, plusss pads and premature brake wear which the company did not diagnose properly and always blaming me or saying there is not a problem till the warranty was up. Took it to outlaw engineering the week after the warranty was up and Johnny diagnosed and sorted me out with a FU caliper with a new seal kit in a few hours.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 30th, 2015, 2:29 am

Nissan rates the load carrying capacity of the coil and leaf sprung d23 the same... They realize most people now are using vans as the family transport instead of cars. The Multilink setup will definitely require more parts come service time but I believe the better ride quality to be worth it

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”