Forums

Black Caucus

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Black Caucus

Postby zoom rader » November 9th, 2014, 8:50 am

RASC wrote:The fear that this organization is generating a sign that it really would be successful if fulfilled.

Members equating it to the KKK plus ZR & UML's irrational ramblings are a clear indication. The more they bash, the more the right people are paying attention.

8-)

What fear, black organisations with PNM influence are always doomed for failure.

PNM Black man in trini don't like to see other black men become successful.
Successful black men in trini have very little to do with PNM.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » November 9th, 2014, 9:38 am

So if this is true. Its an open and shut case.

No need to harp on it
No need for you to discuss further
No need to even think about it

However all you can seem to do is speak about it. Why?

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » November 9th, 2014, 11:22 am

he scared.....only logical reason...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 9th, 2014, 11:50 am

RASC wrote:So if this is true. Its an open and shut case.

No need to harp on it

Cause the general public needs to know not to let PNM ppl into their organisations and committees.

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » November 9th, 2014, 2:03 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Here's the thing...

A party needs two things: money and votes. As it is now, all the PNM really have to focus most of their energy on is campaign financing. Why? because they know they have Laventille East/Morvart, Laventille West, Diego Martin Central and other constituencies in the bag already. They don't have to WORK for their votes. They just go in these areas, mamaguy them a bit, bawl Kamla bad, say PNM shall prevail and they get their votes. At least in our recent political history, there have been new marginal seats so parties in general have no choice but to work for the votes in these areas.

What the black caucus should do is to learn from the successes of the LGBT movement, women's organizations plus other movements in the United States. These movements are not "republican" or "democratic" in nature. These parties come to them seeking for their support (chiefly votes). Whichever party have the best option, the movement will throw support behind them. Once that is done, that party and by extension the opposing party HAVE to listen to them, and if they don't, the movement have complementing pressure groups and lobbyists to deal with them.

The black caucus needs to be a legitimate pressure group that have their own financing, and better yet, in control of a percentage of the votes that can change the outcome of an election. They should not be supporting any political party until they hear both sides where a decision will then be made. They have to reach a position where political parties have to come to THEM... whether it is for financing, votes, or both. In trinidad, the Syrian group for example just have the financing but not votes (small numbers since it's a small clique). Contractors have the financing but not the votes. The SDMS have some supporters (votes) but not enough financing. In america, women's organizations and the LGBT have both financing and votes (hence the main reason why Obama won the last presidential election). Many civil rights groups have the votes but don't have the financing. Whoever is elected, the politicians will have to do what was agreed on, and if they don't, they will feel the brunt from other pressure groups and organizations.

From history, i can safely say that the PNM is NOT for the afro voters in T&T. The organization WILL be successful once they don't support the PNM blindly and allow PNM members walking in and out of the organization. Once the PNM controls them, they are done... and would just be viewed as a PNM sub group which some of us here are trying to point out. If they just HOPE that the PNM will do something for them if they get into government, like how Laventille, East POS and the Beetham has been doing for decades, they are done.

Your real name is Farrakhan ?

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » November 9th, 2014, 2:48 pm

what sheit yuh talking? what dis got to do wit PNM? i doh get yuh vex for Beetham wanting to better itself.....

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » November 9th, 2014, 3:07 pm

desifemlove wrote:what sheit yuh talking? what dis got to do wit PNM? i doh get yuh vex for Beetham wanting to better itself.....

Will never happen .. You dreaming ?
We happy :D

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 9th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Farrakhan!? he not easy lol

Again, i wish the black caucus success and i believe once they are not influenced by the PNM, and become a powerful pressure group by themselves, they will be successful in getting things done for the black community in T&T. They must always seek the interests of the black community and not themselves.

desifemlove wrote:what sheit yuh talking? what dis got to do wit PNM? i doh get yuh vex for Beetham wanting to better itself.....

I think most people want Beetham, Laventille and other areas like these to better themselves. But if these areas believe that the PNM is going to help them where history has constantly showed them they haven't... well... carry on... :?

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » November 9th, 2014, 3:37 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Farrakhan!? he not easy lol

Again, i wish the black caucus success and i believe once they are not influenced by the PNM, and become a powerful pressure group by themselves, they will be successful in getting things done for the black community in T&T. They must always seek the interests of the black community and not themselves.

I think most people want Beetham, Laventille and other areas like these to better themselves. But if these areas believe that the PNM is going to help them where history has constantly showed them they haven't... well... carry on... :?

Well said ... :D

Over 50 years now and .. :fist: ... well .. carry on ..

Desi too naive.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » November 9th, 2014, 4:08 pm

zoom rader wrote:
RASC wrote:So if this is true. Its an open and shut case.

No need to harp on it

Cause the general public needs to know not to let PNM ppl into their organisations and committees.

Well I think everyone who is anti PNM will thank you for your insight and helping save them.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 13th, 2014, 6:04 am

Just read the first post.

Hema ramkisson rather bess

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 23rd, 2017, 12:33 pm

Resignations Hits Munro's Black Caucus

The Resignations

TWO most influential Directors: David Muhammad and Harvey Borris ("I love my country") of the local Chapter of the BLACK CAUCUS has tendered their resignations expressing ideological differences within. Isha Wells had also resigned but many moons ago. Their resignation are most likely to send shockwaves throughout the organization causing others to follow.

WILLIAM MUNRO has over the years played a very great role in the birth of the local African majority Black Caucus but because of several intellectual differences and or ideologies in the manner and direction the local organization is to move forward has failed to keep the organization and prominent influential individuals growing together and strong with said local Chapter.

GLADIATOR Resigned Too

I, personally, can recall back in the last quarter of 2014 at the residence of Mr Munro, located in Laventille, when I was pursued by Mr Munro to join the Black Caucus. I requested information of the Caucus' aims and aspirations and its long term objectives.

Mr Munro thereafter sold me a great dream by letting me know that the Black Caucus aims were to assist many Africans in this our country to become multi-millionaire; to make demands from the incoming 2015 Government (whosever that political party might be) in obtaining awards in multi-million dollars contracts for our black people who have been deprived of an equal share in the economy for decades; to also open a huge business complex in Barataria (on the highway) inclusive of a Massive Supermarket like PriceMart for black people to start buying from their own.

These and many more were sold to me as part of Munro's great plans not to leave out branches of African Credit Unions and Shopping Malls throughout T&T to allow "Black People" to support and buy from their own. I believed in it and bought Munro's dream lock, stock and barrel. He subsequently asked me to promote it on Iwer George's Trinibashment radio station 91.9FM.

I however did not stayed very long in the Black Caucus movement simply because my radical ideas of promoting the Black Caucus on national radio locked horns with Mr Munro's own plans and directions. I too resigned but in 2015 when I was told by Munro's son that I couldn't discuss on radio true but radical African history, its culture, slavery and religion to help purge the mind in preparation to effect and realize the dream Munro sold to me. I felt it was useless to carry on and viewed the local "Black Caucus" merely as two words on paper with no spirit/force and effect.
William Munro is Jesus Christ?

Today I see a huge building along Laventille Road in which I'm told belongs to Munro consisting of a beautiful air-conditioned Church upstairs and business stores downstairs. If I'm told that the Church upstairs and several business stores downstairs belongs to the Black Caucus, I would definitely and truly believe that Munro is actually Jesus Christ living in the flesh in Laventille, Trinidad.

Thus, I'm not the least surprised of the resignation of David Muhammad, Isha Wells and Harvey Borris from the Black Caucus and I won't be surprise if more follows in similar manner.

David Muhammad's Resignation

The following is David Muhammad resignation from the Black Caucus: -

"Resignation from the Black Caucus"

The idea of the Black Caucus in Trinidad was initiated by Brother William Munro in 2004, the Black Caucus, however, was first launched by members of the Nation of Islam, under the leadership of the Honourable Minister Louis Farrakhan, with myself at the head, following the model of the Millions More Movement that evolved for the 10th Anniversary of the Million Man March.

"This history cannot be erased. The Black Caucus continued to function under the Nation of Islam with a headquarters in Tunapuna up until 2009 when an associate of the movement registered the name "Black Caucus" under his own name with the Ministry of Legal Affairs without informing any of us.

"From this point onwards myself and colleagues immediately desisted from using the name Black Caucus and we subsequently launched the Black Agenda Project.

"When the movement was relaunched in 2014, I was asked to take up a leadership position in the organization and I agreed under the condition that the Black Caucus be an umbrella organization including the Black Agenda Project, Centre for Justice (headed by Harvey Boris), IBATT and the African Credit Union (and other organizations who declined the offer).

"From since November 2014 to recently this year, I have been the official Black Caucus Spokesman and Director on the board. I have represented the organization on over 110 television programs and about 30 radio programs as well as a number of public meetings. My name "David Muhammad" remained synonymous with the organization as a founding member and the person who first launched the movement, even as memories of its earlier manifestation remain.

"But the Black Caucus is now an entirely different organization to what it was before. After the resignation of other board directors I did my best to remain in the movement but it has gotten to the point whereby ideological incompatibility has superseded any possibility of working together for the same goals.

"As it stands now I am hereby resigning from the Board of Directors of the Black Caucus, I am no longer a member of the Black Caucus and I am unable to answer any questions about the movement, its direction or any matters pertaining to finance. The organization has very good people in it and I wish the group well and I remain available as a resource person to all movements and organizations across the country.

"We continue our work as the Black Agenda Project, whereby we are building the Kwame Ture Education Centre in Success Laventille, we are operating our own online radio station, we continue to publish educational material, circulate the Black Business Directory and manage the Skills Bank and Think Tank as well as host public meetings across the country and the region.

"May we all contribute to fulfilling the vision of the Honourable Elijah Muhammad, the Honourable Marcus Garvey and the great WEB Du Bois."

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » June 23rd, 2017, 12:52 pm

any one know what a pong for pee wah these days?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 24th, 2017, 12:08 am

Even in the absence of the B.C. going forward there has been a change at the ground level with many black persons, this change might set the foundation for a groundswell movement towards economic independence and begin to change years of systematic and endemic social conditioning and stereotyping. The change is apparent to those paying attention and is being encouraged so eventually umbrella organizations won't be necessary for unification

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 24th, 2017, 2:31 am

^^^ You really see movement toward economic independence?

Now more than ever the afro youth is stereotyped and maligned, organisations like the Black Caucus, I thought, were there to provide a positive unified front, without this front we have a group that is splintered and possibly fractured.

The Black Caucus was a very positive, public organisation that put forward a brave face for the afro-Trinbagonian and that is a very good thing, many other races have distinct organisations to call their own, and while they to may have their disareements they don't reach this level of public falling out. This is not healthy for the organisation.

A house divided against itself cannot stand - Abaraham Lincoln

Also it was hinted that the organisation is changing, into what exactly? What exactly can it morph into, isn't its goal a fairly singular objective, that is the upliftment of the afro-Trinbagonian condition? while I admit there can be many different ways to achieve this goal, I don't think a dis-agreement over a method to achieve this warrent leaving the organisation.

What possible direction could be charted that could make the organisation so different from what it was or supposed to be?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 24th, 2017, 5:03 am

MG Man wrote:I stabbed myself in the pancreas with a broken piece of Lasko fan blade while trying to make sense of that

BRZ wrote:if the motor for that lasco fan is still working can I have it please? trying to repair one now!

This was worth memorializing.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » June 24th, 2017, 7:39 am

did mr. big wuk/prostatebloodtest not cus me for posting this?? haha. that's cool. i know i offend him deeply by posting news stories, and anybody with eyes/comprehension can see he has done so.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 24th, 2017, 8:03 am

desifemlove wrote:did mr. big wuk/prostatebloodtest not cus me for posting this?? haha. that's cool. i know i offend him deeply by posting news stories, and anybody with eyes/comprehension can see he has done so.

It is NOT correct . What News Mami ? You must write down what Zoom say and mediate on it.

Take 2 chill meds and 4 Panadol - We have increased dosage :D

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » June 24th, 2017, 8:06 am

zoom? nah PSA/Duke/HSA. he amuses me by his continual lambasting of me, by posting news stories, when he does. he's a nookie who has kindergarten interaction levels.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » June 24th, 2017, 8:06 am

but you do too, but i just give as good as i get.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 24th, 2017, 8:22 am

desifemlove wrote:but you do too, but i just give as good as i get.

Orr horr ..

Run run .. shops closing .

Take the train .

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 24th, 2017, 10:29 am

What's the other races equivalent of the BCM in Trinidad?

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » June 24th, 2017, 10:49 am

Ummm...didn't Eric Williams give a whole lot of contracts to black contractors? They always crying but not willing to change the problem of only thinking of 1 generation.

At least they more sensible that BLM

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 24th, 2017, 11:31 am

Dizzy28 wrote:What's the other races equivalent of the BCM in Trinidad?

The Raj Caucus.........

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 24th, 2017, 11:49 am

matr1x wrote:Ummm...didn't Eric Williams give a whole lot of contracts to black contractors? They always crying but not willing to change the problem of only thinking of 1 generation.

Just contracts he gave to the Black's?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 24th, 2017, 12:08 pm

Told you all this was going to happen

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » June 24th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:What's the other races equivalent of the BCM in Trinidad?

The Indian Caucus Movement, The Syrian Caucus Movement and the Chinese Caucus Movement, because each race is responsible for where they are today.

K74T
TunerGod

Black Caucus

Postby K74T » June 24th, 2017, 12:50 pm

The Small Caucus Movement.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » June 24th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
matr1x wrote:Ummm...didn't Eric Williams give a whole lot of contracts to black contractors? They always crying but not willing to change the problem of only thinking of 1 generation.

Just contracts he gave to the Black's?

Well a lot more than that. Housing, and so forth. Never seen a people cry so much when they got so much. Jeez

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 24th, 2017, 6:27 pm

zoom rader wrote:Told you all this was going to happen

Yes - you did :angel:

They keep shooting the messenger :bday:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”