Forums

Blink | Bmobile launches 4G LTE high speed data

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ray_s78
Riding on 13's

Re: Blink | Bmobile launches 4G LTE high speed data in Tobag

Postby ray_s78 » March 28th, 2015, 7:11 am

clubs09 wrote:Yup, I'm having similar problem.
Package: 1Mb. 120kbps-140kbps(Actual Download Speed)(Highest speed peak at 140kbps on Utorrent)
Actual Download speeds at certain times: Unusable for some websites, like wtf? In 2015 really?
Signal Strength: Full 5 bars always. A cell tower is like a minute drive away from my home, on a hill.

Actually 120kbps is reasonable for utorrent on a 1 Mbs .Thats because your connection is 1Mbps (one megabit per second). Utorrent downloading speed you are getting is in kilobytes per second.So this is the most you'll be getting on a 1 Mbps connection. On a 5Mbps connection you'll be able to get a download speed of around 600 to 650 Kbps .However the problem is as you say when the bandwidth becomes unusable for some websites especially on evenings and weekends.I'm getting 4 bars consistently and speed tests say I'm getting 5megs download and 5 Meg's upload but only on mornings for about an hour.The rest of the day the speed drops to about 1 meg download and at some points less than 0.5 upload.

andres13
3NE 2NR for life

Postby andres13 » March 28th, 2015, 7:52 am

shaq090 wrote:Its funny how people using "LTE" and getting 5megabits/s and thinking the service is all that.... this is not what LTE speeds are suppose to be..... Hspa+ has greater speeds than this.

They should upgrade the H+ instead of an LTE upgrade which eats battery
And no speed upgrade

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TRDGUY » April 1st, 2015, 8:18 am

Actually im from south and I have the 5MB package wireless from Blink. I must say so far the speeds are on target . I'm no IT expert but speed tests show the following generally

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1427890749.186834.jpg

ray_s78
Riding on 13's

Postby ray_s78 » April 1st, 2015, 9:11 am

TRDGUY wrote:Actually im from south and I have the 5MB package wireless from Blink. I must say so far the speeds are on target . I'm no IT expert but speed tests show the following generally

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1427890749.186834.jpg

Thank you very much ,this is exactly what I was looking for.I can only get these kind of results on a speed test between the hours of 6 am and 8 am .After that I am getting 1 mb download and less than 0.5 upload. Do your speed test results vary during the evening ? I am getting these results in the Penal Roack Road area and I realized that only people in my area are complaining about the speed.However after several calls to Blink ,they can only tell me that several people need to report the same problem for them to send a technician to see if there is a problem at all.It seems that there are too many users drawing from the same tower but this is not certain. Thanks a lot for your feedback ,I would need to escalate this problem with them.

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TRDGUY » April 1st, 2015, 9:58 am

^^^. Actually I do speed tests during the night just to verify and they are all as I posted.

What we have to be mindful about is that this is wireless and your geographical position has a lot to influence on speed since its wireless. If it was land land wired then that's a different story.

Actually the sales rep at bmobile asks you if you ever tried the device from someone else in the area just to verify the service is acceptable.

Luckily so far I don't have a issue

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 1st, 2015, 10:58 am

i want to get the blink wireless 5mb plan, but the LTE signal in my house is very poor (sometimes 1 bar according to a hotspot i borrowed from work) is there anyway to boost the signal of that LTE router? antennas perhaps?

ray_s78
Riding on 13's

Postby ray_s78 » April 1st, 2015, 11:07 am

redmanjp wrote:i want to get the blink wireless 5mb plan, but the LTE signal in my house is very poor (sometimes 1 bar according to a hotspot i borrowed from work) is there anyway to boost the signal of that LTE router? antennas perhaps?

I'm using an antenna but it's one of those 90$ wifi antennas you can get from any computer store.It gives me like one extra bar at most and I' not too sure if it improves speed at all.You may have better luck if you import one of those 4g lte antennas specifically designed for those Huawei boxes.I know a couple people who ordered them but did not receive them as yet.

ray_s78
Riding on 13's

Postby ray_s78 » April 1st, 2015, 11:21 am

TRDGUY wrote:^^^. Actually I do speed tests during the night just to verify and they are all as I posted.

What we have to be mindful about is that this is wireless and your geographical position has a lot to influence on speed since its wireless. If it was land land wired then that's a different story.

Actually the sales rep at bmobile asks you if you ever tried the device from someone else in the area just to verify the service is acceptable.

Luckily so far I don't have a issue

Agreed if it was land wired would have been great.The problem is not only at my residence but I know at least 10 other people complaining in my area ,we are all within less than one km from the tower and all within line of sight (no hills or other obstructions) .Thing is that in the mornings from 6 to 8 we have speedtest results exactly like yours.Anytime else the speed is unacceptable including not being able to open google.com on evenings.I just needed to verify that this wasn't an issue in other locations.Unfortunately we have no other real options for Internet in this area.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 1st, 2015, 5:40 pm

ray_s78 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:i want to get the blink wireless 5mb plan, but the LTE signal in my house is very poor (sometimes 1 bar according to a hotspot i borrowed from work) is there anyway to boost the signal of that LTE router? antennas perhaps?

I'm using an antenna but it's one of those 90$ wifi antennas you can get from any computer store.It gives me like one extra bar at most and I' not too sure if it improves speed at all.You may have better luck if you import one of those 4g lte antennas specifically designed for those Huawei boxes.I know a couple people who ordered them but did not receive them as yet.

u know the model no. for that router?

ray_s78
Riding on 13's

Postby ray_s78 » April 1st, 2015, 5:51 pm

redmanjp wrote:
ray_s78 wrote:

u know the model no. for that router?

I think some people got a different one from me but the black Huawei router is the Huawei Lte CPE E5172Cs-930.

shivG23
Riding on 13's

Postby shivG23 » April 3rd, 2015, 4:40 pm

hey folks,

got the the 4g lte 5 meg package...getting 3 bars on the box..however pages are taking extremely long to load...test speed from 0.75 megs to 3.5 megs....even at 3.5 megs pages are taking very long to load....any advice from the Tuner experts?

Thanks a Mil!!

Justagal
Riding on 13's

Re: LF: Used 25 - 50 ton Trailer.

Postby Justagal » April 3rd, 2015, 11:46 pm

Bmo

JoJoR
Ricer

Postby JoJoR » April 11th, 2015, 12:05 am

Hey, if you are getting trouble loading simple pages or downloading torrents. I highly advice using a VPN or proxy. It has been my solution for the past few weeks. However, it may affect your initial download and upload speeds negatively if you are enjoying your promised speeds due to the encrytion provides by most. (Its marginal in my opinion but worth it).
Free VPN :
betternet.co
https://psiphon.ca/
Last edited by JoJoR on January 13th, 2016, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » April 11th, 2015, 12:00 pm

Remove the sim wipe it and put it back in restart modem speed like a r35

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » May 3rd, 2015, 10:06 pm

R.P.J wrote:Remove the sim wipe it and put it back in restart modem speed like a r35

Please give details.....my own was working good...then speed drop...can't even sign in mc psn

krazykid19
Riding on 13's

Postby krazykid19 » May 4th, 2015, 9:51 am

dougla_boy wrote:
R.P.J wrote:Remove the sim wipe it and put it back in restart modem speed like a r35

Please give details.....my own was working good...then speed drop...can't even sign in mc psn

I called blink about this already and they can't find a perfect excuse to give me... Waste of time

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » May 4th, 2015, 10:34 am

krazykid19 wrote:
dougla_boy wrote:

I called blink about this already and they can't find a perfect excuse to give me... Waste of time

same here...it was signing in...then it stopped and it isnt signing back in now......

krazykid19
Riding on 13's

Postby krazykid19 » May 4th, 2015, 11:46 am

dougla_boy wrote:
krazykid19 wrote:
dougla_boy wrote:

same here...it was signing in...then it stopped and it isnt signing back in now......

Tbh honest with you i use my 1mb package plus my bro 2mb package and still nothing... This going 3weeks now i haven't used my ps4.. Gonna call greendot cause blink wasting everybody time

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 4th, 2015, 12:09 pm

how does the Latency in this service compare to landline DSL for gaming?

and for $100 a month package what speed is that?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 4th, 2015, 5:02 pm

regarding the LTE wireless router tester device- can u actually surf the net on it or do u just test by looking at the lights on it? If not can I use the SIM in the usb dongle i have?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 6th, 2015, 12:46 pm

shivG23 wrote:hey folks,

got the the 4g lte 5 meg package...getting 3 bars on the box..however pages are taking extremely long to load...test speed from 0.75 megs to 3.5 megs....even at 3.5 megs pages are taking very long to load....any advice from the Tuner experts?

Thanks a Mil!!

that's the lte wireless router? Can i ask what's the model no.? i want to get an antenna for it.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 11th, 2015, 9:23 pm

also what dbi gain would i need if the signal is only 1 out of 5 bars? it have 28 and 35dbi ones but much more expensive

insidious76
3NE 2NR for life

Postby insidious76 » May 11th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Anybody using the green and white box? I think they call it "green packet"? I from Dabadie and my internet does run REAL slow, and at times I can't even connect to the Internet! When I call Bmobile, the woman tell me they will send a technician. That was since February!anybody else having the same problem with this box? I hearing everybody else have some Huewai box or something so. I want to get one of them boxes too! I paying a bill too!

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 12th, 2015, 1:44 pm

I called TSTT and apparently the $99 a month for LTE is only for the first 3 months.

The actual price for the cheapest package which is 2mb is $300 a month.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » May 12th, 2015, 1:58 pm

^^^I have 1 mb LTE and I pay around $140 a month.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 12th, 2015, 2:48 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I called TSTT and apparently the $99 a month for LTE is only for the first 3 months.

thatls for the on d go usb dongle? the blink router is $239 for 5mb i think

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 12th, 2015, 3:14 pm

NR8 wrote:^^^I have 1 mb LTE and I pay around $140 a month.

odd she told me $300 is cheapest and its 2mb

Then again you can call TSTT 10 times and get 10 different response like the time I called and said I not getting any internet connection and says authentication failure.

And the fella ruled it out as a magical issue that happens ever so often and give it 4 days. Then call back, then I call back they are just as clueless.

I called 5 times after that within the space of 4 hours and one woman actually had some sense and she said the account needed to be deleted and added back when she did that the internet worked fine so I won't be shocked in the least if you are paying $140 for 1MB LTE.

Is that Unlimited?

ray_s78
Riding on 13's

Postby ray_s78 » May 12th, 2015, 3:15 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I called TSTT and apparently the $99 a month for LTE is only for the first 3 months

Okay that would explain why I paid 230$ a month for the first 3 months for the 5 Mb and then this month they sent a bill for $300. Strange at no time did I see this pricing even in the fineprint.Next time I would know better .Or wait there ent goin to be a next time with Blink.That is enough robbery for me.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 12th, 2015, 3:17 pm

redmanjp wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I called TSTT and apparently the $99 a month for LTE is only for the first 3 months.

thatls for the on d go usb dongle? the blink router is $239 for 5mb i think

I have absolutely no idea because the woman who answered the phone was as clueless as I was.

Sometimes I does have to google world internet prices, do some mathematics and predictions, then call back TSTT and explain my findings and then I would get an even different response.

I feel it was better when they outsourced it to the Indians, even though I could hardly understand one sheit they does be saying, they still had better knowledge than local trinis for some reason.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 13th, 2015, 6:49 pm

anyone know what dbi gain would i need in an external antenna if the signal is only 1 out of 5 bars? it have 28 and 35dbi ones but much more expensive

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”