Netflix Is Cracking Down On VPN 'Pirating'

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Netflix to block VPN's

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 21st, 2016, 10:43 am

skylinechild wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Seems it's a real cat and mouse game where you have to change your USA region every so often to keep Netflix working.

Change your USA region 2.2, 2.3 etc then restart your device, open back netflix - works

soo tru eah...it kinda hard...to know you want to do the right thing by paying for those services that you use..and as another tuner said, all you end up paying for...is an inconvenience.
well the service you are paying for from Netflix you are getting 100%. No problems there.

It is the service from the VPN that is inconvenient at times, but you know you are paying it to bypass the region licensing and it will come with a few hitches.

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » March 21st, 2016, 12:19 pm

Still cant understand WHY the US goes through so much to ensure that people outside of their region cant have Legal access to their stuff, same crap with some of their sites not accepting our credit cards

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 21st, 2016, 12:54 pm

BRZ wrote:Still cant understand WHY the US goes through so much to ensure that people outside of their region cant have Legal access to their stuff, same crap with some of their sites not accepting our credit cards
the reason for the video and music content is licensing. The content owners want to charge those outside the US a whole other licensing fee. What is paid to them for the US is for the US alone, what is paid to them for the UK is for the UK alone and so on. If they did US alone and gave the world acces they would make considerably less money.

with regards to credit cards the main issues are security and fraud

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » March 21st, 2016, 4:37 pm

Well Netflix needs to address this correctly . We are paying the same as a US customer which mean some level of license fee is attached to a respective Netflix subscription . Its the myopic thinking that products would not sell out side of the US which leads us to this . Amazon has no issue with our credit cards and have account managers specifically for Trinidad and Tobago , yeah we spend that much as a group on Amazon . Netflix should do the same or there may be room for many other online movie providers .

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » March 21st, 2016, 5:51 pm

Well Hulu gone back to not taking int'l CCs.....stewps :(

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 21st, 2016, 6:00 pm

cornfused wrote:Well Netflix needs to address this correctly . We are paying the same as a US customer which mean some level of license fee is attached to a respective Netflix subscription . Its the myopic thinking that products would not sell out side of the US which leads us to this . Amazon has no issue with our credit cards and have account managers specifically for Trinidad and Tobago , yeah we spend that much as a group on Amazon . Netflix should do the same or there may be room for many other online movie providers .
who says it isn't? All countries pay around the same amount.

Trinidad & Tobago has tons of content from Netflix. Infact there are movies that we get in T&t that you cannot get in the US version of Netflix, including past seasons of Vikings.

T&T also has it's own Netflix cache servers so we don't stream all the way from foreign servers. That's why Netflix and Youtube often work better than trying to stream videos from Vimeo or Amazon or CNN for example.

Just like the UK pays the same as the US, they get UK licensed content, Australia gets Aussie licensed content and we get LatAm & Caribbean licensed content.

If anything, I'd lobby for Netflix to see us as an english speaking country and categorise the Caribbean with North America, instead of Latin America.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 21st, 2016, 6:35 pm

Kids selections on Trinidad Netflix sucks. Maybe if all the shows were in English it could pass.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 21st, 2016, 7:18 pm

pete wrote:Kids selections on Trinidad Netflix sucks. Maybe if all the shows were in English it could pass.

Which is one major reason to lobby for them to categorize us as and English speaking region instead of Latin America

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 21st, 2016, 10:00 pm

Y'all start to complain to Netflix yet?

WM_Tuner
Street 2NR

Postby WM_Tuner » March 21st, 2016, 11:15 pm

netflix stopped working ...looks like unblockus got blocked ...

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 21st, 2016, 11:30 pm

nick639 wrote:^^ daz for when ED get netflix

:lol:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 21st, 2016, 11:41 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Y'all start to complain to Netflix yet?
what you complaining about exactly?

There was a petition and only 151 out of the required 1000 ppl signed it
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/414/851/ ... ng-region/

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 22nd, 2016, 12:15 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Other posters on here have issues with the content and pricing for Trinidad. I was asking if they complained directly to Netflix now that they have begun their vpn crackdowns.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 22nd, 2016, 12:34 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Other posters on here have issues with the content and pricing for Trinidad. I was asking if they complained directly to Netflix now that they have begun their vpn crackdowns.
but that is how Netflix works worldwide

Each country has different content based on what the content owners (not netflix) has licensed for that country/region. Each country pays about the same price too.

Check https://flixsearch.io/ - they show you which movies are available in which country.
Many movies are not available in the US either.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 22nd, 2016, 12:40 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

but that is how Netflix works worldwide

Each country has different content based on what the content owners (not netflix) has licensed for that country/region. Each country pays about the same price too.

Check https://flixsearch.io/ - they show you which movies are available in which country.
Many movies are not available in the US either.

I was never doubting that however the answer will always be no if you don't ask questions. The content providers asked questions of Netflix. Customers worldwide can also ask. Same way one wants Trinidad Netflix separate from Latin America is the same way people, in sufficient numbers can ask Netflix certain questions pertaining to content. Not saying it will work. Just saying might as well try ah thing. Hell even cancel Netflix if you're not satisfied with the Trinidad content is a way of asking questions.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 22nd, 2016, 12:41 am

^ agreed, but right now the only viable option is to lobby for Netflix to change T&T to an english speaking region

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 22nd, 2016, 6:47 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Would launching another petition help? I didnt know of this one.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 22nd, 2016, 10:08 am

I think it is inevitable now that these proxies and VPN will not work with Netflix.

For me an alternative has been Comcast Xfinity. I had an account when I was in the US and it worked back here in TT but now I use a relative's account. They design it to work for US citizens on vacation anywhere in the world so I basically have cable tv both live and on demand on any device. Ask a relative abroad for their password, it is at no extra cost to them.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 22nd, 2016, 10:33 am

Habit7 wrote:I think it is inevitable now that these proxies and VPN will not work with Netflix.

For me an alternative has been Comcast Xfinity. I had an account when I was in the US and it worked back here in TT but now I use a relative's account. They design it to work for US citizens on vacation anywhere in the world so I basically have cable tv both live and on demand on any device. Ask a relative abroad for their password, it is at no extra cost to them.
yup this works great.

You can also use that Xfinity account to access content in apps like CBS, NBC, Disney XD, NatGeo, HGTV etc etc when they ask you for your cable subscription login

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 22nd, 2016, 12:58 pm

nick639 wrote:^^ daz for when ED get netflix

:lol:

doh laugh nuh..he lil special.....mankind didnt understand the windows 7/8 upgrade terms to windows 10....and vex how he had to buy a windows 8 just to get a legit copy of windows 10.

he still dont know the difference between properly licensed & activated software vs installed and crack software :?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » March 22nd, 2016, 3:16 pm

I feel ED smarter than all ah we.

original_lollybob
Riding on 16's

Postby original_lollybob » March 30th, 2016, 2:23 pm

well none of smartdnsproxy USA settings work for netflix on my wdtv live...

i cant even connect to netflix at all...

works on my phone and surface tho...

fail

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 30th, 2016, 3:14 pm

You don't have the DNS on your router? I only have problems getting it to work on my Chromecast. Got an Android box last week and haven't used anything else since.

original_lollybob
Riding on 16's

Postby original_lollybob » March 31st, 2016, 8:24 am

yes its set up on my router.. which is why its weird that 2/3 devices work but not the media player..

was time to look into a new media player anyways :(

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » April 5th, 2016, 11:02 am

Canada region stopped working last night...USA still working thi

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » April 5th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Ok I finally got blocked
Unblockus is not working anymore they sent new DNS address however within a coupe hours it was blocked again

I switched to smartDNSproxy that worked for a couple days and now does not work I changed regions and still have issues

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 5th, 2016, 9:01 pm

pete wrote:You don't have the DNS on your router? I only have problems getting it to work on my Chromecast. Got an Android box last week and haven't used anything else since.

I had a problem with netflix on the ps3 which i solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I contacted smartdnsproxy for support and they gave me smtgh to try, indicating that it was for a chromecast but to try nonetheless for the ps3. The settings are made on the router which in my case is an asus. Below is an excerpt of what they said but try it on your router and see if it helps...

"Try blocking google dns on your router, that should help with PS3 at least.
Let me know if it helped.
Block Google DNS Servers on your Router

In the following steps I will show you how to block Google’s public DNS server allowing you to continue using smart DNS services to access the content you want.
Because your router regulates all the traffic transiting your home network you can use it to set up traffic filters that restrict devices from querying Google’s DNS servers. You set up traffic filters on your router using the “Network Service Filter” feature found within the “Firewall” section.
Below is a demo of how to prevent Chromecast from querying Google Public DNS on an Asus RT AC68R router. For most other routers the procedures are the same, or similar.
Login to the “Admin” portal of your router.
Look for the “Network Services Filter” (or similar). Generally, it’s under the “Firewall” section, which is a feature available on most routers.
Next, we’ll add four entries/filters to the “Network Service Filter Table”, like the following:
Source IP Port Range Destination IP Port Range Protocol
LAN IP/Blank 53 8.8.8.8 53 TCP
LAN IP/Blank 53 8.8.8.8 53 UDP
LAN IP/Blank 53 8.8.4.4 53 TCP
LAN IP/Blank 53 8.8.4.4 53 UDP
For each filter there are 5 fields to be filled; here are explanations of each field’s purpose.
“Source IP”: Enter the LAN IP of the device you want to block; leave it blank if you want to apply the filer to all LAN devices. Here, I want to block only Chromecast from querying Google’s DNS, so I entered the LAN IP of my Chromecast device: 192.168.1.100.
“Port Range”: Enter the local port range the service uses. We chose 53 here since that’s the port range utilized by DNS services.
“Destination IP”: Enter the IP address the service is trying to reach. Google DNS servers use IP “8.8.8.8” and IP “8.8.4.4”. We need to block both.
“Protocol”: Identify the protocol a specific service uses – because DNS uses both TCP and UDP, we need to block both. This means we’ll need to create 2 filters for each IP address, one for TCP, the other for UDP.
Enable Network Services Filter"

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 6th, 2016, 7:49 am

Man the android box is >>>>> the chromecast. Thanks for the work around though.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 6th, 2016, 8:40 am

:|.....

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 6th, 2016, 8:51 am

Might help someone else. :)

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”