Forums

*** The official car accident thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: *** The official car accident thread***

Postby rollingstock » November 15th, 2016, 11:24 am

Those almond trees are a clear danger and risk to public safety.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » November 15th, 2016, 11:30 am

Lol to that extent, Is the government fault for allowing water to stay in the drain when clearly that was the cause of death according to mr cake. The drain should never have stagnant water in it. Poor contractor work done.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: RE: Re: *** The official car accident thread***

Postby cinco » November 15th, 2016, 11:34 am

rollingstock wrote:Those almond trees are a clear danger and risk to public safety.

An almond never fall on yuh head when u walking under dem? Dey shud ban almond trees

L'Audi
Sweet on this forum

Postby L'Audi » November 15th, 2016, 11:48 am

cinco wrote:
rollingstock wrote:Those almond trees are a clear danger and risk to public safety.

An almond never fall on yuh head when u walking under dem? Dey shud ban almond trees

...and drains.

...and water. Ban that sheit.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 15th, 2016, 11:54 am

Navarras should be banned too.

cake
Ricer

Postby cake » November 15th, 2016, 12:05 pm

eliteauto wrote:has a post mortem confirmed the cause of death was drowning? cake whilst you may have a personal investment in the victims (sorry for your loss and R.I.P.), you also have to see the flip side of it, which is he may have contributed to his own death by his driving, to berate , bash or call ppl names based on their POV is myopic and doesn't help anyone to sympathise with you. Many of us did stupid things on the road, many of us have grown up from that and many of us get scared when ppl drive crazy and "shake" us with their driving, so when a report comes out of 3 cars pumping, one losing control and ppl dying don't expect everyone to share your view. You're arguing an unnecessary point, even the investigators have said speed was the main contributing factor to the accident. Thank whoever you believe in for your brother's life, bury the dead and learn from the experience

being myopic you say, i understand your point, i was simply defending my dead friends..i'm not looking for sympathy from anyone here, i'm not the one lacking insight and being myopic, bashing and berating dead people who cant defend themselves is what started this argument which i no longer wish to continue with anyone..to anyone that i offended directly or indirectly please accept my apology...

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 15th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Actually barriers all along the shoulder especially where there are solid objects close to the road would make the highway much safer. But they should start with barriers along the median for now.

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » November 15th, 2016, 12:17 pm

#almondtreelivesmatter

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 15th, 2016, 12:52 pm

pete wrote:Actually barriers all along the shoulder especially where there are solid objects close to the road would make the highway much safer. But they should start with barriers along the median for now.
cost of barriers vs cost of people just doing the right thing?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 15th, 2016, 12:57 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
pete wrote:Actually barriers all along the shoulder especially where there are solid objects close to the road would make the highway much safer. But they should start with barriers along the median for now.
cost of barriers vs cost of people just doing the right thing?

With that logic why bother with any barriers whatsoever.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 15th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:With that logic why bother with any barriers whatsoever.

mitigating other persons responisbility is expensive.
there is an associated risk with every decision.
some people need to accept responsibility for the outcome of theirs.

laws - useless,
enforcement - inadequate,
others going to keep bearing the brunt to allow a selfish few the privilege of doing sheit?
if you accepted the risk, it's all on you.

just now you will want a barrier between lanes, so another driver can't swipe your car. at what point does the coddling stop?

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » November 15th, 2016, 1:17 pm

cinco wrote:He get a bad drive while excessively speeding and cutting in and out?

they need to leave that kind of thing for the real professionals like them ph men and dem

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 15th, 2016, 1:22 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:With that logic why bother with any barriers whatsoever.

laws - useless,
others going to keep bearing the brunt to allow a selfish few the privilege of doing sheit?

just now you will want a barrier between lanes, so another driver can't swipe your car. at what point does the coddling stop?

No need to reach extremes. Just saying that legit accidents do happen. Barriers help those who really do need it regardless of how you feel about the coddling. In many instances there are sections of the highway that are dangerous for those who do not break the speed limit.

L'Audi
Sweet on this forum

Postby L'Audi » November 15th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

laws - useless,

No need to reach extremes. Just saying that legit accidents do happen. Barriers help those who really do need it regardless of how you feel about the coddling. In many instances there are sections of the highway that are dangerous for those who do not break the speed limit.

Bubble-Wrap all cars... cheap and fun.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » November 15th, 2016, 2:32 pm

L'Audi wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

laws - useless,

At least you won't have to worry about getting parking lot dings ever again.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 15th, 2016, 4:56 pm

L'Audi wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

laws - useless,

Hmmmm. Not sexy though.

L'Audi
Sweet on this forum

Postby L'Audi » November 15th, 2016, 5:20 pm

L'Audi wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

laws - useless,

Hmmmm. Not sexy though.

Saftey first, looks second. :lol:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 15th, 2016, 5:22 pm

nah easier to blame somebody else on the road esp navaras

soon it wont be two wrongs making a right
it will be one wrong makes it right

wagonrunner wrote:some people need to accept responsibility for the outcome of theirs.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 15th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:. . .In many instances there are sections of the highway that are dangerous for those who do not break the speed limit.

Like where?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 15th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:. . .In many instances there are sections of the highway that are dangerous for those who do not break the speed limit.

Like where?

Chaguanus the section with the concrete ramp from northbound to south bound and also a section south of that with no barriers but the grass median. The section where an Octavia crossed and hit a van last year I think. Thise two areas immediately come to mind.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 15th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Ah hear ah man run een to express building..

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 15th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Yeah in Sando, looked like a Kia carens.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » November 15th, 2016, 9:24 pm

He wanted to make the news

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 15th, 2016, 9:28 pm

I wanted to know why the driver parked up so neat with brick and concrete on the hood.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » November 16th, 2016, 11:06 am

all this beat up over an idiot who was clearly speeding

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 16th, 2016, 3:45 pm

wagonrunner wrote:

laws - useless,

What is the risk you accept when you drive?

Personally... I accept that today could be my last everytime I get behind the wheel.

Cable barriers have already saved my life from another driver losing control, running into my car, and putting it on a collision course with southbound traffic; I was doing 20kph over the limit. Controllable yes but when you are hit by someone else you don't really have that much control anymore.
I only took out 3 of those upright posts of the barrier with that accident... When I see seven and ten flat, I does want to know what speed that driver was doing.
Thanks again to that barrier cause more than myself could have paid for another driver's indescretion

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » November 16th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Team Loco wrote:all this beat up over an idiot who was clearly speeding

so lets spend money so those who want to can go well over the limit, and those that only go over the limit a lil bit could feel better when the risks that we've created occur.

kamakazi wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:mitigating other persons responisbility is expensive.

for example, pre speedgun, i knew i had 2 fantastic braking instances, but the 3rd would be near useless (unless everything had a chance to cool) to get my vehicle down to control from my usual. so i used them sparingly, knowing my only option was varying angles of left or right once the speedo needle was in that range.
that created another observation. looking at the front wheel of a vehicle im approaching to determine if to keep it planted or to lift and observe.

this speed limit for me creates a new risk.
the idiots who don't look far enough ahead, and therefore get caught with not enough braking room while maintaining a lane or during a lane change and hit the rear of a much slower (80 or below) vehicle because of it.

What barrier you recommend for that? since driving < 81 apparently is incomprehensible

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 16th, 2016, 11:35 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
Team Loco wrote:all this beat up over an idiot who was clearly speeding

so lets spend money so those who want to can go well over the limit, and those that only go over the limit a lil bit could feel better when the risks that we've created occur.

kamakazi wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:mitigating other persons responisbility is expensive.

for example, pre speedgun, i knew i had 2 fantastic braking instances, but the 3rd would be near useless (unless everything had a chance to cool) to get my vehicle down to control from my usual. so i used them sparingly, knowing my only option was varying angles of left or right once the speedo needle was in that range.
that created another observation. looking at the front wheel of a vehicle im approaching to determine if to keep it planted or to lift and observe.

this speed limit for me creates a new risk.
the idiots who don't look far enough ahead, and therefore get caught with not enough braking room while maintaining a lane or during a lane change and hit the rear of a much slower (80 or below) vehicle because of it.

What barrier you recommend for that? since driving < 81 apparently is incomprehensible

Barriers are there because there will always be arsehole drivers. The barriers function is to shield the ones who obey the speed limit and all other traffic laws from said drivers. No amount of enforcement, education, or otherwise will eliminate recklessness totally.

everydaycarguy
Riding on 13's

*** The official car accident thread***

Postby everydaycarguy » November 17th, 2016, 8:08 pm

Green Door Bar Point Lisas .....B15 turning onto a major road , Corolla reversing onto the Major Road

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 17th, 2016, 8:46 pm

So who fixing who deh^

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”