Forums

*** The official car accident thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: *** The official car accident thread***

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 24th, 2016, 7:43 pm

Heard a mom died on the ring road today....family got in accident very sad....

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » December 24th, 2016, 8:20 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Heard a mom died on the ring road today....family got in accident very sad....

news piece say drivers complain of a lack of grip on the corners. coming soon a speed bump before every turn.
how is it other vehicles run that road in even worse conditions with no incidents?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 24th, 2016, 8:43 pm

As much as I want to laugh at that statement... Some road surfaces are more slippery than others.
Rushworth Street by the lights and the government primary school
The only left turn on the road surrounding the Queen's park Savannah
The corner by SM Jaleel oropouche
Only 2 are corners though

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » December 24th, 2016, 9:24 pm

kamakazi wrote:As much as I want to laugh at that statement... Some road surfaces are more slippery than others.

That corner is a scene for real..had a little scare there myself, but when people make these statements, blaming the environment or poor weather conditions I get confused..aren't you as a driver supposed to be in control as much as possible of your vehicle? I mean things do happen, a bad spot on a roadway, an inconsiderate driver..who knows, that's why they're called accidents..but to entirely blame your circumstances on your environment, especially when sometimes we see blatant carelessness..nah man.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » December 25th, 2016, 8:22 am

kamakazi wrote:As much as I want to laugh at that statement... Some road surfaces are more slippery than others.

Ditto on the left around QPS... nearly lost it there some years ago... if you see WRC action!

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » December 25th, 2016, 8:31 am

When I was younger I slid into the Savannah on that same left turn.

Was after a slight drizzle, a little too much speed and in the outside lane. Most of the damage was really to my pride. Haha

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » December 25th, 2016, 10:43 am

Looks like accidents slowdown over past couple days. Well this is the home stretch here. Try to make it to january 2nd without getting cleanup by a drunk on the highway folks. Who didnt get drunk for christmas gettin drunk for new years. Drive safe, be vigilant and dont take any unecessary risks. Be patient, give courtesy when you can(not overly), and last but not least, obey the road rules. They protect you from others and yourself.

Merry Christmas and drive safe

Let's be #better_drivers

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » December 25th, 2016, 7:40 pm

The M2 is very slippery when wet , more so in sedans with worn tires and , light tray vans . There are many equally slippery road surfaces in Trinidad .

To name a few
North
Lady Young
The only left hand turn around the QPS.

Left lane on the CRH from UWI to Curepe heading west , poor lane construction and every day experiment with hydroplaning in the wet season .

On the CRH heading east after the Beetham on the bend to the Flyover , the right lane poor drainage .

On most roads the water colour matches the pavement colour exactly . With out experience or other vehicles to show , driving without due care will result in a slide.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 25th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Lady young kinda modified though , they milled the road rough on the bends where there would be an accident every time rain fell

BUSHMASTER
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUSHMASTER » December 25th, 2016, 11:54 pm

Accident in rochard Douglas Rd barrackpore....wingroad break out a concrete bridge clean out...no deaths doh thank god

Captain Awesome
Sweet on this forum

Postby Captain Awesome » December 26th, 2016, 2:33 am

I've seen several accidents at the left turn around qps. Especially around carnival time. Only thing that causes all of these is excess speed coming up the stretch before a fairly sharp 90 degree turn. Road is not to blame.

Now that that stretch has recently been paved super smooth and carnival coming up I expect to see a bunch of new accidents there.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » December 26th, 2016, 4:13 am

^^ this
No hydroplaning at speed limit.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » December 26th, 2016, 11:05 am

I've seen hydroplaning at 30kph though. Old man in EMR St. Augustine. Looked like slow motion.....

So yes you can hydroplane within the speed limit. Way less likely though.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: *** The official car accident thread***

Postby kamakazi » December 26th, 2016, 12:06 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:I've seen several accidents at the left turn around qps. Especially around carnival time. Only thing that causes all of these is excess speed coming up the stretch before a fairly sharp 90 degree turn. Road is not to blame.

Now that that stretch has recently been paved super smooth and carnival coming up I expect to see a bunch of new accidents there.

I will say road is to blame...I had pretty much cleared the corner and as I revved to 2k rpm the tyres simply broke loose in the wet...
For reference that was in a 2.5 lux which produces a maximum of 108 HP fed through an auto transmission, transfer case and rear diff to turn heavy 17" hilux rims.
That corner well oiled from all previous accidents

Captain Awesome
Sweet on this forum

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: *** The official car accident thread***

Postby Captain Awesome » December 26th, 2016, 1:37 pm

kamakazi wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:I've seen several accidents at the left turn around qps. Especially around carnival time. Only thing that causes all of these is excess speed coming up the stretch before a fairly sharp 90 degree turn. Road is not to blame.

I will say road is to blame...I had pretty much cleared the corner and as I revved to 2k rpm the tyres simply broke loose in the wet...
For reference that was in a 2.5 lux which produces a maximum of 108 HP fed through an auto transmission, transfer case and rear diff to turn heavy 17" hilux rims.
That corner well oiled from all previous accidents

Seems like you may have some faulty tyres there buddy. As a van driver myself there's no way 2k rpm will cause traction loss you described with even half decent tyres, tray empty or not.

Even with terrible tyres at the very least you should know your vehicle's capabilities and adjust your driving to suit the conditions you're in. Road not to blame.

Oiled surface however is an unfortunate occurrence and dangerous for anyone to get caught in but again, that's not the fault of the road surface.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 26th, 2016, 8:22 pm

Factory (OEM) tyres... Bridgestone dueler 684ii with 30000kms that are only missing the first set of shallow wear indicators; there still pretty new... Should have said the road surface can be blamed sometimes... Especially when you were experiencing one level of grip all the time and as you hit a patch of road for the first time with a lower than expected level of grip prepare for the ride. I will tell you the likelihood of it happening the second or even a third time is significantly reduced... But how many get through the first unscathed

*Edit
I see that the corner and some sections of road around the WPS have been resurfaced... Might have a bit more grip now

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 30th, 2016, 2:40 pm

this morning on the Solomon Hochoy Highway in the vincinity of Indian Trail flyover
Attachments
6afc5963-7fcb-4f7d-ac6c-fffe4bed3008.jpg
749d553d-06fb-41b4-98e7-4b9ec84b3484.jpg

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 30th, 2016, 2:42 pm

Then this one around 1:30pm today on the south bound in the vicinity of Claxton Bay

7b6d532c-a82b-40f2-bed3-194d72c8a2bc.jpg

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » December 30th, 2016, 4:19 pm

rain was drizzling..seems car pickup a skid..bumper pieces was all over road
Attachments
2.jpg
3.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 30th, 2016, 4:47 pm

that qps left turn is a bad area for all the wrong reasons and requires care, saw a bmw spinout there once

sharp turn, banked outwards, plenty diesel coating, downhill heading west

not to mention pickups with no weight in the back and leaf springs will bounce a bit esp after letting go the brakes and just about mashing out

I understand toyota jamaica offers the service to remove one of the sections of the leaf spring group and replace with a spacer
supposedly makes rear stiffer

kamakazi wrote:Factory (OEM) tyres... Bridgestone dueler 684ii with 30000kms that are only missing the first set of shallow wear indicators; there still pretty new... Should have said the road surface can be blamed sometimes... Especially when you were experiencing one level of grip all the time and as you hit a patch of road for the first time with a lower than expected level of grip prepare for the ride. I will tell you the likelihood of it happening the second or even a third time is significantly reduced... But how many get through the first unscathed

*Edit
I see that the corner and some sections of road around the WPS have been resurfaced... Might have a bit more grip now

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » December 30th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Firstly, imagination required...

Secondly, big bouncident Morvant junction, bus route side. I only made out a grey CK Lancer driver front side smashed properly. Medics were removing someone from the front passenger side on a gurney. Didn't make out what else was involved.

2 fire tenders, 2 police "jeeps", 1 ambulance. Traffic diverted west bound along Beetham up to Pashley Street (2 more ambulances heading up - lights and sirens off though)...

I'm sure it's the usual simple case of someone going before the lights turn green or someone not stopping after the lights turn red

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » December 31st, 2016, 12:15 am

pugboy wrote:that qps left turn is a bad area for all the wrong reasons and requires care, saw a bmw spinout there once

sharp turn, banked outwards, plenty diesel coating, downhill heading west

not to mention pickups with no weight in the back and leaf springs will bounce a bit esp after letting go the brakes and just about mashing out

lovely piece of road...glad they resurfaced it. Love to dive in to the left side (apex) from the right lane esp if you trying to pass slower cars going around that corner.... or if you in the middle you hang close to the white line that separates the middle from the left lane and power out and let the car slide/settle itself back middle and "dus it".... or even if you on the right...watching ppls faces when they think "nicca imma exit this corner before you" and you can slide the rear out slightly and keep on the power and maintain momentum (mass x velocity) while having a now clear view of the road ahead.... dont like the right lane becuz of parked cars....esp if yuh tail out and some jackhole park too near to the exit of the corner (dont they understand teh joy of that corner?)... i love the left lane and slide option..and set yuhself up for the right hander by QRC.... excitement is x5 if the road is wet.

ohh... inno what used to be cool too? the right hander by Republic Bank Credit card Center... you cudve put your right front wheel into the depression and power out of that corner with style and pattan...without crossing lanes...that was the secret... but since they did road works you hadda "heel n toe" and use a different line...

even the right hander after Stollmeyers Castle... once yuh car set up right... yuh entry speed cud be like a 100/110kph...clip the apex and let the car slide to the center lane..... level brakes used to tap rapidly from drivers that were coming from Maraval/Kapok side... if yuh car had the power all by Queens hall you cud be nearing a 150/160kph..... and if yuh going over the hill drop a gear..angle right and just power through ....hear nah!! sweet piece of road..and they widened it some..to the exit from the roundabout (might hadda counter steer slight if your car begins to rotate, but stay pon the fyahz...doh let off!!) gives you a nice line to the slight left hander by the police station....well LYR run is a different post altogether...

but if you was continuing around the savannah... again... put yuh right tyre just as it about to "dip" into the drain and pull back and power out of the corner by Memorial park...and is toes to....wait we reach back to Credit Card Center again? But since they re-paved and didnt grade down that corner...the drain "deeper nah"...and entry speeds hadda be slower now..esp if a coo-coo clock mis-average the lane and drift right...is cornflakes box licensing driving at that point...

loved QPS runs...

ooops sorry... grr my bad..we talking bout safety and whatnot.... lol..

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 31st, 2016, 12:31 am

:lol:

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » December 31st, 2016, 12:35 am

^^^Honestly I does wonder why we don't have a lil international road race event once a year or something. Close off traffic, line up dem tyres barriers, put up the advertising. Round the savannah, down St. Clair, up Long Circular, thru Maraval back to the QPS. Something like that.

*sigh

That'll be great...

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » December 31st, 2016, 8:58 am

QPS racing would be epic. Hoped that kinda thing would've taken off after the San Fernando Grand Prix some years ago. QPS Offer good technicality and options for viewing

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » December 31st, 2016, 9:16 am

j.o.e wrote:QPS racing would be epic. Hoped that kinda thing would've taken off after the San Fernando Grand Prix some years ago. QPS Offer good technicality and options for viewing

Some Trinis dont understand boundaries..give us an inch, we'll run around the world with it, so I guess this is why we can't have nice things, though this would be great to experience.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: *** The official car accident thread***

Postby racedriverpro » December 31st, 2016, 10:22 am

Morpheus wrote:^^^Honestly I does wonder why we don't have a lil international road race event once a year or something. Close off traffic, line up dem tyres barriers, put up the advertising. Round the savannah, down St. Clair, up Long Circular, thru Maraval back to the QPS. Something like that.

*sigh

That'll be great...

Probably one day we will have one. So guys have to be on top of their game, hence constant practice. You never know when that day will come.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » December 31st, 2016, 9:31 pm

allyuh good yes, not me

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » January 1st, 2017, 7:42 am

A good few ppl flip into Qrc compound already...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 1st, 2017, 9:09 am

2016 had some dred accidents..hopefully this year drivers can be more careful on the roads.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”