Android TV Box Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Android TV Box Thread

Postby gastly369 » January 25th, 2016, 5:30 pm

rishi18 wrote:fellas... blessings,

Bought a M8S on amazon for 55US, uncle brought it down, no skybox (taxes) so I thot i GT. Didn't know much about what to brand to chose or what is kodi etc.. Just thought id figured it out when it came..

Initially had a 2MB blink package and it always buffered, kodi was the worst, lowest quality streams from the video-addons were always buffering, the pre-installed app such as Showbox, Modbro were showing/sticking/showing/sticking...
Moved to flow 15MB and the problem still exists... googled to fix the buffering issue.. tried that didnt work, cleaned cache... didnt work,

Im lost on ideas, wanna return it but wudnt make sense since it wud cost more...
Whats even more annoying is the box sticks on the boot screen whenever I try to reboot (unplug), It loads and functions whenever it wants i guess.... hence I try hard not to reboot

Maybe i got a bad egg...cuz no one on this thread seems to have that problem... I wanna buy another one but my experience with this turning me off... any directions to the correct path would be appreciated..

Could help you when I get some time.. Few tuners I assisted could tell you they up and running with lotssss of media content.. Live and on demand

simplec
Ricer

Postby simplec » January 26th, 2016, 2:30 pm

richard is the man who provider the boyz iptv service

simplec
Ricer

Postby simplec » January 26th, 2016, 2:31 pm

richard is the man who provider the boyz iptv service

M3ga_1
Street 2NR

Postby M3ga_1 » January 27th, 2016, 10:19 am

johncel wrote:
trinihub wrote:So I was able to get Mobdro to work on a firestick as a standalone app. Currently running a 2MB package from Blink and it runs well most times with intermittent sticking and freezing. I'm quite impressed......quality not so great but can't complain....it's free!

There seems to a real big problem with flow i have iptv guys a paid iptv service in bamboo where i live it works some-timish but by my brother in trincity it works great and he has the same speed i think flow is dropping packets in some areas
That is so true... Experiencing same issue in my area

ilove3
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ilove3 » January 27th, 2016, 3:21 pm

simplec wrote:richard is the man who provider the boyz iptv service

And thats me.....

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 27th, 2016, 4:42 pm

^ ah wonder if TATT go crack down on these boxes after that magic jack ting

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 27th, 2016, 5:20 pm

Lol is Bess dey charge ppl with computer and laptops.. Cause that doing the same ting...

elcid
Riding on 13's

Postby elcid » January 27th, 2016, 7:44 pm

I have the Amazon Fire TV box:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U3FPN4U/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00U3FPN4U&linkCode=as2&tag=usbusopp03-20&linkId=5D4FFLG2FK7M3QV7

This works great as I can also access Amazon Prime Video (great for those who have Amazon Prime membership) via a US DNS, as well as Netflix (with a membership of course). This is in addition to having Kodi installed.

I've also been looking at this one Nvidia shield...looks like a much more powerful device...better than the Fire TV but since I already have the Fire TV, might consider this in the future:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U33Q940/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00U33Q940&linkCode=as2&tag=usbusopp03-20&linkId=FB5WQU6G54ADJNFD

Just some advice for those looking for good addons on Kodi. A custom build is the best way to go. I have been using one called the The Blackbox...and its great (just google it). Also, you can join their online community for free and update the build on a regular basis for the latest working addons.

Also, in terms of a paid IPTV subscription, currently I'm trying out Smash IPTV (about US $50 a year) for around 1000 channels...so far its working well (but that's for one box only). That is pretty much all the TV channels you will need (sports including dedicated channels for premier league when games are on, movies, entertainment etc). All channels are atleast 576p and up. Check out Smash IPTV on Facebook if interested.

One thing to also consider is that these all depends on your internet connection. Want to get rid of Flow and switch to Digicel or Massy (whenever it reaches Avocat). Fibre optic connection will greatly help streaming speeds.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 27th, 2016, 8:47 pm

Patiently awaiting Digicel.. Same location XD

xamsesh
Riding on 13's

Postby xamsesh » February 1st, 2016, 7:24 pm

Last week the Caribbeans larges ISP Flow began actively blocking certain IPTV servers.

Flow, a member of the Cable and Wireless Communications Company (CWC) who own Columbus Communications and the entire fiber distribution network through out the Caribbean and parts of Central America started blocking a popular IPTV service that works on ROKU boxes.

Right now I don't have any public info to share from CWC and a quick Google didn't find anything but, I do have a copy of a private email to a CWC customer in which CWC stated "Cable & Wireless Communications has taken a decision to block sites that carry pirated content into the Caribbean. The content from specific sites is blocked before it leaves the United States".

Now, the big issue here is that many Countries in the Caribbean don't have anti copyright laws and as such IPTV is in no way illegal, yet services have been cut.

Given that *** servers are in ***** this could be an issue in the future since ***** connects directly (but not exclusively) to CWC's Caribbean network.

I'll try to follow this and update if I find anything but, just a Heads Up, we might need to start looking at VPNs a little sooner then expected.

Just got this message from my service provider.
Another reason to disconnect from flow guys.

randynott
Riding on 13's

Postby randynott » February 2nd, 2016, 7:33 pm

Having some issues with the mxq box version

The kodi app isn't working keeps either restarting...going to home screen or black screen

Have tried force stopping ...clearing cache...unplugged for a few seconds nothing going seems to work...can anyone give some help here using kodi 15. 2 is isengard

Thanks all

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 2nd, 2016, 8:19 pm

Uninstall and reinstall

MobileWorldTT
Riding on 13's

Postby MobileWorldTT » February 2nd, 2016, 9:20 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Anyone tried the cCloud addon?
They on the fusion add on claiming to have 1000+ live channels.

1 question tho, if I've already downloaded Fusion, do I need to download it again everytime a new repo is added or updated?

No its saved already

Nightshield
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nightshield » February 9th, 2016, 8:41 am

Has anyone gotten the USTV Now addon to work on Kodi (Firestick). I'm testing the free plan at the moment, before getting the paid plan. However, the addon installed but none of the links are working on Live, Tv Guide, Scheduled, etc. It's just attempting to open and then freezing.

It's only working on my computer.

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » February 10th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Installed two apps on my m8s over the weekend. These are stand alone apps like mobdro so no Kodi required. They are Movie HD and Cartoon HD. Both work great so far, Movie hd has nice descriptions of the movies and tv series available. Both of them have functionality similar to Netflix. I watched Ride Along 2 in 1080 last night with no hiccups.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 10th, 2016, 1:17 pm

I bought a m8s off amazon and d mc thing like it shorting. Randomly hearing it tick tick tock and reset

kaylex
Riding on 16's

Postby kaylex » February 10th, 2016, 2:24 pm

why do some channels load.. and then say sw encoder required??? how do you rectify same ?

simplec
Ricer

Postby simplec » February 10th, 2016, 2:37 pm

kaylex wrote:why do some channels load.. and then say sw encoder required??? how do you rectify same ?

There are some channel that use that decodering , just download mx player from the play store

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » February 12th, 2016, 1:11 pm

rishi18 wrote:fellas... blessings,

Bought a M8S on amazon for 55US, uncle brought it down, no skybox (taxes) so I thot i GT. Didn't know much about what to brand to chose or what is kodi etc.. Just thought id figured it out when it came..

Initially had a 2MB blink package and it always buffered, kodi was the worst, lowest quality streams from the video-addons were always buffering, the pre-installed app such as Showbox, Modbro were showing/sticking/showing/sticking...
Moved to flow 15MB and the problem still exists... googled to fix the buffering issue.. tried that didnt work, cleaned cache... didnt work,

Im lost on ideas, wanna return it but wudnt make sense since it wud cost more...
Whats even more annoying is the box sticks on the boot screen whenever I try to reboot (unplug), It loads and functions whenever it wants i guess.... hence I try hard not to reboot

Maybe i got a bad egg...cuz no one on this thread seems to have that problem... I wanna buy another one but my experience with this turning me off... any directions to the correct path would be appreciated..

I experienced buffering on my roku until I upgraded to a 30Mb/s connection.

thatlife
Sweet on this forum

Postby thatlife » February 13th, 2016, 8:49 am

seeing that phoenix-rock crusher is down/gone
what else works just as good?

click and play that is, no waiting to chose server links

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » February 13th, 2016, 9:11 am

Have soooo many others

RB34
Ricer

Postby RB34 » February 16th, 2016, 6:28 am

Check out new add-on Exodus found in Programs->Add-on Installer.

thatlife
Sweet on this forum

Postby thatlife » February 16th, 2016, 8:26 am

gastly369 wrote:Have soooo many others

eg.?

R-H-D
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby R-H-D » February 16th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Exodus is the new Genesis

thatlife
Sweet on this forum

Postby thatlife » February 17th, 2016, 10:31 am

thanks!

i heard theres one with tv guide?

Fearless
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Fearless » February 18th, 2016, 11:08 am

Hey guys, looking to purchase one of these android box for my dad. He's in his sixties so I want something I could set up for him, and he could easily use after. You'll have any recommendations?

randynott
Riding on 13's

Postby randynott » February 19th, 2016, 11:28 am

Anyone have a fix for a playback error failed.... I've heard of using Vpn and dns
it doesn't seem to work.... Anyone got any tips... And exodus is pretty good tho

Rockvegas23
Riding on 13's

Postby Rockvegas23 » February 26th, 2016, 10:18 pm

thatlife wrote:seeing that phoenix-rock crusher is down/gone
what else works just as good?

click and play that is, no waiting to chose server links

Try using izle from the mucky duck repository

Rockvegas23
Riding on 13's

Postby Rockvegas23 » February 26th, 2016, 10:44 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Anyone tried the cCloud addon?
They on the fusion add on claiming to have 1000+ live channels.

1 question tho, if I've already downloaded Fusion, do I need to download it again everytime a new repo is added or updated?

Ccloud is alright...bear in mind that the 1000+ channels are not all English. An in my experience going over the config wizard for fusion keeps the repositories and add-on selection up-to-date an in optimal functionality

Rockvegas23
Riding on 13's

Postby Rockvegas23 » February 26th, 2016, 10:50 pm

randynott wrote:Having some issues with the mxq box version

The kodi app isn't working keeps either restarting...going to home screen or black screen

Have tried force stopping ...clearing cache...unplugged for a few seconds nothing going seems to work...can anyone give some help here using kodi 15. 2 is isengard

Thanks all

OK so wht u have is a memory max on kodi usually avoided by clearing the cache and purging the packages ever so often. The fix for this is as the following post stated which is uninstall and reinstall or clear the data and cache of the app which is basically a shorter way of doing the former. Really would advise that you upgrade to kodi 16.0 jarvis

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”