Forums

Box drain contractor standards are not for a public bridge

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Box drain contractor standards are not for a public brid

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 8th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Effectic Designs, because someone calls out the PPG on their wrongdoings, does that automatically make them a PNM supporter?

no it does not.

But if yuh look at many of these people, they are indirectly trying to say vote for the PNM. Which boggles the mind, because how exactly is the PNM better than UNC? when they were the ones in power for since 1962, and we is a complete 3rd world when at the same time 3rd richest country in the western hemisphere after USA and Canada.

So I could understand pointing out crap going on under UNC I does criticize them a lot. But to suggest voting for the PNM which will somehow be better even though they have been no better since 1962?

Really does boggle the mind.

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » June 8th, 2015, 1:32 pm

good read

cornfused wrote:West bound on the UBH over the Caroni River

:?

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » June 8th, 2015, 1:56 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Toyopet wrote:
zoom rader wrote:shoddy worksmanship is everyday life in trini from car washers to Brian Lara stadium.
Trinis are programmed to accept this level of work. Complain and is level cuss or law suit.
Things like these should be highlighted everyday and names called out.

Under PNM you never hear about these things, so i guess they did a good job.

Under the PNM sub-standard work was also the norm, but no one knew about it. The MOWI's BLT (Bridges, Landslips and Traffic Management) program started with the goal or setting a new standard for construction in Trinidad and Tobago. This is why they work closely with NIDCO and the engineers to ensure that all tests are done properly and unacceptable work be rectified immediately. As I said, the norm before would have been to ignore it, pay the contractor and then pay another contractor to fix/redo when it fails.

Thats why I said PNM did a good Job and doing a better job by exposing the ill work. Only a theif will know a theif

ZR, you are not making sense. The red flag was raised by the consulting engineer as soon as was possible. The job was halted when the 28 days strength of the concrete was realized. Nowhere is this did the PNM have any exposing to do. I agree there are ills being exposed by the PNM, and vice versa, and i applaud them, but not on this project. This could have happened under any gov. I'm saying we as a people collectively need to change our mindset if we are to move forward.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 8th, 2015, 2:38 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
zoom rader wrote:^^^ How many contracts have you been refused under PP

ZR you sure these people on this forum who are Anti Kamla are contractors who not benefiting under UNC?
If what you saying is indeed true, then it may help to explain a lot that is taking place on this forum. Because feedback on the streets are nothing like what goes on, on tuner.

Though I admit, UNC does not have support now like it did in 2010. But its nowhere near as bad as the forum makes it out to be. The feeling you get on tuner is a lot of doom and gloom about the PPG.
What surprises me is why are there so little UNC members on this site? Its only ZR, Pete, (UML though some have said he is a paid UNC blogger)

UNC supporters just either don't want to or simply does not have the time to come on these sites to respond to the PNM supporters and their allegations.

Bro, tuner is a pro Afro PNM Site. Say anything negative about afro behaviour or ill speak PNM and they all come after you.
Mods bully tuners on here that's why you don't have that many UNC indo tuners on here as before.
A few years ago indo racism on here was rampant so I stated to comment on afro behaviour and got ban after ban.
I am the only tuner to get ban for perceived racism on Afros, Chinese, white folks and injuns, so what does that tell you.
I moved away from the behaviour of these folks and start to comment on the ills of the PNM and I received ban after ban.
At this present stage I get ban for just being on tuner like I did last month when I got banned for one month with no reason given.
I even got a ban for where I work, Nigg bay in Scotland. Mods thought I was racist for posting Nigg as location.

halfbreed_1
Street 2NR

Postby halfbreed_1 » June 8th, 2015, 4:00 pm

zoom rader wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

ZR you sure these people on this forum who are Anti Kamla are contractors who not benefiting under UNC?
If what you saying is indeed true, then it may help to explain a lot that is taking place on this forum. Because feedback on the streets are nothing like what goes on, on tuner.

Though I admit, UNC does not have support now like it did in 2010. But its nowhere near as bad as the forum makes it out to be. The feeling you get on tuner is a lot of doom and gloom about the PPG.
What surprises me is why are there so little UNC members on this site? Its only ZR, Pete, (UML though some have said he is a paid UNC blogger)

UNC supporters just either don't want to or simply does not have the time to come on these sites to respond to the PNM supporters and their allegations.

Bro, tuner is a pro Afro PNM Site. Say anything negative about afro behaviour or ill speak PNM and they all come after you.
Mods bully tuners on here that's why you don't have that many UNC indo tuners on here as before.
A few years ago indo racism on here was rampant so I stated to comment on afro behaviour and got ban after ban.
I am the only tuner to get ban for perceived racism on Afros, Chinese, white folks and injuns, so what does that tell you.
I moved away from the behaviour of these folks and start to comment on the ills of the PNM and I received ban after ban.
At this present stage I get ban for just being on tuner like I did last month when I got banned for one month with no reason given.
I even got a ban for where I work, Nigg bay in Scotland. Mods thought I was racist for posting Nigg as location.

i doubt that

i've been lurking for a couple months and all i see on here are racist comments geared towards blacks.

dont even think i saw one racist comment geared towards indians

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » June 8th, 2015, 4:07 pm

This is a good thing and isn't political except that it shows maturity on the ministries part to stop and redo the project.

Local contractors are famous for not adhering to proper standards and codes, however it is ultimately the supervising engineers job to make sure everything is as required.

cheese
Street 2NR

Postby cheese » June 8th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this Express headline is ridiculous?
"New $15.4m bridge to be torn down"

But then the article states that it is only the decking to be removed and replaced.

KJS Enterprises—B1/12 Eastern Main Road, St Joseph - $15,424,291.74 (VAT inclusive)

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » June 8th, 2015, 5:05 pm

cheese wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this Express headline is ridiculous?

But then the article states that it is only the decking to be removed and replaced.

KJS Enterprises—B1/12 Eastern Main Road, St Joseph - $15,424,291.74 (VAT inclusive)

Only SEXY HEADLINES SELL newspapers

with "The decking of bridge to be replaced at contractors expense"
vs

sensationalism appeals to trini ple

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 8th, 2015, 5:34 pm

zoom rader wrote:Bro, tuner is a pro Afro PNM Site. Say anything negative about afro behaviour or ill speak PNM and they all come after you.

I see, well I stopped trying to defend the UNC aswell, I does get attacked when doing so. I never get ban or anything like that though. Cause I doh argue with nobody is probably why.

Btw out of curiosity what kind of work do you do in real life?
Rollingstock said you are a Afro Trini working in the oil sector in the UK, this true?

I googled the place you work. Man the UK sure is clean and nice.
One of the problems with Trinidad is nobody in authority takes littering seriously. For the 40+ years PNM in power they allowed everybody to dump rubbish all over the place, and allowed everybody to run their sewer line in the drains and rivers. Nobody ever said one ass.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » June 8th, 2015, 6:10 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:. . . UML have belly though, he eh business. He does destroy everybody from aside. . .

UML is incapable of independent thought. His handlers on this website feed him the information to post. When you ask him his opinion on something, all he has to say is "well PNM didn't do no better".

If he really understood what he had to do, he would remove all the photographs with the poor quality work and substandard health and safety practices and post only positive propaganda. But when you point out the substandard work to him and ask him to justify the tax payer having to pay for poor quality work, all you get is silence.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:. . . One of the problems with Trinidad is nobody in authority takes littering seriously. For the 40+ years PNM in power they allowed everybody to dump rubbish all over the place, and allowed everybody to run their sewer line in the drains and rivers. Nobody ever said one ass.

And what has the UNC in all of its times in office done differently? When the heavy rains come shortly, there would be one set of garbage flowing down all the waterways. Have they addressed the garbage issue? I went up to the Caura valley yesterday to investigate some agricultural land. All I could see there is the mountains of litter that mostly indo-Trinidadians left behind after their river limes. When I stopped and politely asked some of the indo-Trinidadians to clean up their garbage, they hurled insults to me about how "is we time now" and they could do as they please.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 8th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Zoom radar is the architect

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » June 8th, 2015, 6:12 pm

People voted in the PPG because they wanted positive change. After five years, allegations of corruption, nepotism, dictatorship and oppression against the PPG are even more than when the PNM were kicked out of office.

This coming general election, I will vote for whoever I perceive to be the least evil, because none of them have any good traits.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » June 8th, 2015, 6:22 pm

zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:Things like this tend to Happen when Awarding of contracts go out to Favored companies that appeared out of nowhere vs companies that have been around for years with Great reputations but are not connected to any particular Government.

Guess that's how SIS started out under PNM In the early 1980s

SIS went from renting almost all their equipment in the mid 1990s, to being one of the largest contractors in the island by 2001 and owning all their equipment; this rapid growth happening under the UNC administration.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 8th, 2015, 7:00 pm

Rory I agree the PPG did nothing about litter. They and the PNM is the same when it comes to this issue, nobody cares in this country. Amount of times I see people tossing rubbish through their window from the vehicle. It is sickening.

We in 2015 and you telling me big people so stink in this place? I agree caura river is filth, people give it the same respect they give to their latrine. And not just caura many other areas, the beach etc.

The only reason I don't blame the PPG for this is because they only had 5 years so I still put the blame on the PNM for now since they here for 40+ years and they allowed it to reach this state. This nasty behavior among Trinis is not something Kamla can fix in 5 years after it was allowed to run rampant for 40+ years. We need police to charge people and we need fines of up to 20,000 TT dollars for littering. I wonder if Kamla raised the fines though? its not something thats spoken often on tuner.

Anybody knows what the fine is for littering in this country?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 8th, 2015, 7:07 pm

Last I saw it was $1000 or six months in prison. Still don't understand how people could be so nasty though. I understand if you throw a lil red mango seed in the bush... but a large chinese chicken and noodles

Come nah man

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 8th, 2015, 7:21 pm

^ yeah boy couple weeks ago I see a man throw a whole empty KFC bucket with all the bone and paper pack for the fries etc through the window yes.
A whole family meal of scraps they decided to toss out when they were done.

Swear if only I had my camera on my phone on.

$1000 is too tiny waaaay too tiny. Bump that up to $20,000 but then if they did, wanna bet Rowley go cry about how people too poor to pay it and he go hold protest, hunger strike and all kinda assness?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » June 8th, 2015, 7:35 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:. . .The only reason I don't blame the PPG for this is because they only had 5 years so I still put the blame on the PNM for now since they here for 40+ years and they allowed it to reach this state. . .

:| Wait, wait, wait! Is this the UNC's first time in office? No. What did they do in their previous terms of office with respect to littering? Nothing, just like the PNM.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » June 8th, 2015, 7:53 pm

Cooncidentally there is a bunch of voice newspapers littering my street. Seems like the PP has no problem with littering

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 8th, 2015, 7:54 pm

^ That is true but only you cannot seriously say that 1995 and 2010 is anywhere remotely close to the time PNM spent in office.

Its in noway a fair comparison to say 10 years of UNC vs 40+ years of PNM. But yes both are just as useless when it comes to litter. However what if UNC was in power for 40+ years? aah now thats a different story but one we will never know the answer to.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 8th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Does anybody u derstand the saying "2 wrongs dont make a right"?

Rota fan
Street 2NR

Postby Rota fan » June 8th, 2015, 8:41 pm

Ppls memories seem to be short here! Does anyone remember in recent history how every week someone used to lose their life due to a vehicle crossing the median? A simple enough fix yet a billion dollars was spent by the former government to build a stadium that nobody wanted. Does any one remember in recent history (i.e. Under the Pnm) how much rubbish used to line our nations highways especially the median? I used to feel ashamed that we were an aspiring 1st world nation and that was the state of many main arterys esp north-south. Does anyone remember how despicable and deplorable the state of the bay after sea lots by the lighthouse was a couple years ago (under the then pnm) and nothing was ever done. Even after billions of dollars were spent at the waterfront and yet that was the first thing u saw as u came into our nations capital! does anyone remember how decrepit and unsightly the Beecham highway used to be in recent history when metal dealers took over the sidelines? A lot has been done under the pp and I think ppl seem to turn a blind eye to a lot of the good that has been done and it's most unfortunate. I look at the little things that make a big impact on society and on our future

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » June 8th, 2015, 8:55 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Cooncidentally there is a bunch of voice newspapers littering my street. Seems like the PP has no problem with littering

seems like you do as well or else yuh wuda pick it up :wink:

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » June 8th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Ah next one reach.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 8th, 2015, 9:07 pm

Rota fan wrote:Ppls memories seem to be short here! Does anyone remember in recent history how every week someone used to lose their life due to a vehicle crossing the median? A simple enough fix yet a billion dollars was spent by the former government to build a stadium that nobody wanted. Does any one remember in recent history (i.e. Under the Pnm) how much rubbish used to line our nations highways especially the median? I used to feel ashamed that we were an aspiring 1st world nation and that was the state of many main arterys esp north-south. Does anyone remember how despicable and deplorable the state of the bay after sea lots by the lighthouse was a couple years ago (under the then pnm) and nothing was ever done. Even after billions of dollars were spent at the waterfront and yet that was the first thing u saw as u came into our nations capital! does anyone remember how decrepit and unsightly the Beecham highway used to be in recent history when metal dealers took over the sidelines? A lot has been done under the pp and I think ppl seem to turn a blind eye to a lot of the good that has been done and it's most unfortunate. I look at the little things that make a big impact on society and on our future

Well said but be careful, you gonna get abused now for speaking ill of the PNM.

I am not worried because at the end of the day the citizens will decide who they want back in power. A few people here on this forum changes nothing. There is a saying, hard work does not go unnoticed. I am of the belief that people will vote in Kamla because she has worked hard for the people of this country doing what the people has asked.

She takes on the work that needs to be done, like fixing the old busted dirt road in this country that went neglected for donkey years under the PNM, almost every part of this country has been paved. Places where you never would think about buying land to build a house, is now a reality because roads and drains have been placed. Any honest person who not dutty minded can see this. I say let the haters keep hating and the good lady keep performing. Hard work never goes unnoticed.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » June 8th, 2015, 9:54 pm

UML wrote:
hustla_ambition101 wrote:Cooncidentally there is a bunch of voice newspapers littering my street. Seems like the PP has no problem with littering

seems like you do as well or else yuh wuda pick it up :wink:

Who says i didn't.....too bad i dont have birds anymore or else it would be good to line cages with

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 9th, 2015, 1:40 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
BRZ wrote:Things like this tend to Happen when Awarding of contracts go out to Favored companies that appeared out of nowhere vs companies that have been around for years with Great reputations but are not connected to any particular Government.

Guess that's how SIS started out under PNM In the early 1980s

SIS went from renting almost all their equipment in the mid 1990s, to being one of the largest contractors in the island by 2001 and owning all their equipment; this rapid growth happening under the UNC administration.

Shows how little you know.

SIS was formed in the very early 1980s when the then Fertrin was being built. It was founded by a group of (PNM) managers that worked in Fertrin, where contacts was awarded from these managers to themselves. They did it in a way where they installed a puppet owner , Lalla ex worker from Caroni . Every year they grew bigger and bigger at that same time John Williams & Ross & Son also grew under PNM.
Scams like these was rampant in PNM days but was never highlighted.

As I said PNM did a great job.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 9th, 2015, 1:44 am

halfbreed_1 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

i doubt that

i've been lurking for a couple months and all i see on here are racist comments geared towards blacks.

dont even think i saw one racist comment geared towards indians

Nice Join date you have.

I here since 2003 and before that on the old tuner site.
Even the Mods on here are jonny come latelys and know little about this site.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » June 9th, 2015, 6:40 am

zr: yuh wah a prize for dat orr wah? yuh fcuking join date.....nobody cares, it still doesn't change the fact u a racist chupidee, u r one of the janitors in dem oil rig or wah?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 9th, 2015, 7:28 am

goalpost wrote:zr: yuh wah a prize for dat orr wah? yuh fcuking join date.....nobody cares, it still doesn't change the fact u a racist chupidee, u r one of the janitors in dem oil rig or wah?

No problem being a Janitor ,they make an agv of £250 per day, which is $2500tt per day. So do the maths for a 14 day work rota. Plus they more Qualified than you will ever be, in health & safety, oil & gas fire fighting, heil deck operations, & coxson.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 9th, 2015, 7:52 am

zoom rader wrote:
goalpost wrote:zr: yuh wah a prize for dat orr wah? yuh fcuking join date.....nobody cares, it still doesn't change the fact u a racist chupidee, u r one of the janitors in dem oil rig or wah?

No problem being a Janitor ,they make an agv of £250 per day, which is $2500tt per day. So do the maths for a 14 day work rota. Plus they more Qualified than you will ever be, in health & safety, oil & gas fire fighting, heil deck operations, & coxson.
What about being a "racist chupidee" tho? :roll:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”