Forums

Greendot ISP one bar online gaming?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rere31
3NE 2NR for life

Greendot ISP one bar online gaming?

Postby rere31 » August 6th, 2015, 10:42 pm

I recently upgraded to greendot's new equipment and I constantly maintain a one out of four bars on online gaming (black ops 2). Anyone else experiencing this? Very bad lag accommodates the one bar.

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Re: Greendot ISP one bar online gaming?

Postby Spitfir3 » August 6th, 2015, 11:23 pm

problem is simple....you're using greendot

which package do you have? speed?

todd61
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby todd61 » August 7th, 2015, 12:19 am

Them still around

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 7th, 2015, 8:28 am

Do people really use green dot wireless internet to play video games?

Why would anybody use wireless internet to play video games?

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » August 7th, 2015, 8:31 am

Green dot is the worst option for gaming ... You better off hotspotting data from your mobile

ModMania
Trinituner Peong

Postby ModMania » August 7th, 2015, 10:10 am

I assume by when u say 1 bar...u on your home WiFi...that has nothing to do with GD...second u on GD

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » August 7th, 2015, 11:02 am

Should have researched. Wireless is toots for gaming. Worse yet GreenDot. Do a speed test and check the ping. I'm sure it is way too high for gaming.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 7th, 2015, 11:21 am

DTAC wrote:Should have researched. Wireless is toots for gaming. Worse yet GreenDot. Do a speed test and check the ping. I'm sure it is way too high for gaming.

I usually ban anyone locally on Greendot who plays Mortal Kombat X or any Peer to Peer fighting game.

Before I add people to my steam I ask what ISP they are using, once they say greendot I ban them immediately. Thus far I got a list of folks from Trini who has Flow and Blink. Our latency is sub 20ms and on flow to flow we talking almost 1ms latency. 4 Green bars on multi player best of the best.

I actually went out and applied for flow just to reduce my land line latency as I felt DSL was still a little on the high side for gaming with North Americans. And just imagine it has man using wireless internet like greendot. SMH!

Advent
Riding on 17's

Postby Advent » August 7th, 2015, 3:06 pm

LMFAO

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » August 7th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Spitfir3 wrote:problem is simple....you're using greendot

which package do you have? speed?

this....

even tethering a cheap phone would be better

rere31
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rere31 » August 7th, 2015, 7:50 pm

my ping fluctuates from 20ms to 80ms. Download speed is 6+ mb/s and upload is 2 to 3+ mb/s. Idk what seems to be the problem here. When I say 1 bar i mean on the online game, not the reception from the router. Im also using an Ethernet cable from the router to the ps3. I have been a user of greendot for over 7 years and only up till when I asked for the upgrading of the equipment, I began getting these problems. Im not an intense gamer but I do enjoy my black ops 2 and advance warefare.

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » August 7th, 2015, 8:02 pm

rere31 wrote:my ping fluctuates from 20ms to 80ms. Download speed is 6+ mb/s and upload is 2 to 3+ mb/s. Idk what seems to be the problem here. When I say 1 bar i mean on the online game, not the reception from the router. Im also using an Ethernet cable from the router to the ps3. I have been a user of greendot for over 7 years and only up till when I asked for the upgrading of the equipment, I began getting these problems. Im not an intense gamer but I do enjoy my black ops 2 and advance warefare.

Games depend on your ping ESPECIALLY fast paced games
Wireless wil always not be the optimal choice
But I guess you have greendot because you have no other options in your area?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 7th, 2015, 8:03 pm

rere31 wrote:my ping fluctuates from 20ms to 80ms. Download speed is 6+ mb/s and upload is 2 to 3+ mb/s. Idk what seems to be the problem here. When I say 1 bar i mean on the online game, not the reception from the router. Im also using an Ethernet cable from the router to the ps3. I have been a user of greendot for over 7 years and only up till when I asked for the upgrading of the equipment, I began getting these problems. Im not an intense gamer but I do enjoy my black ops 2 and advance warefare.

I am also a Black Ops 2 player and I can tell you its pretty criminal for anyone to be using Green Dot or any kind of wireless internet connection for online gaming.

Onto your issue of spiking from 20ms to 80ms. Just imagine you getting 80ms locally, when I get 1ms on flow. And you get 80ms imagine what you get to north America. This is why I ban every single person from my steam list who has Green Dot. Why would you use greendot? when so many other options are available?
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on August 7th, 2015, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 7th, 2015, 8:10 pm

novastar1 wrote:

Games depend on your ping ESPECIALLY fast paced games
Wireless wil always not be the optimal choice
But I guess you have greendot because you have no other options in your area?

I doubt it, but if it is true well I could understand.

rere31
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rere31 » August 7th, 2015, 10:05 pm

Disconnected landline approximately 10 years ago, Flow does not cover my area as well. But you se the thing Im trying to figure out is that bo2 never used to lag as much before I upgraded. I had less than a 512kb connection and stood a solid 3 bars. quick scoping was a breeze. Believe it or not too, I noticed while I was gaming around 3 am the other morning, I got the best of the best connection landing myself a solid 4 bars and wrecking men with my DSR sniper in a domination match. I just do not understand this greendot logic.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 7th, 2015, 10:53 pm

rere31 wrote:Disconnected landline approximately 10 years ago, Flow does not cover my area as well. But you se the thing Im trying to figure out is that bo2 never used to lag as much before I upgraded. I had less than a 512kb connection and stood a solid 3 bars. quick scoping was a breeze. Believe it or not too, I noticed while I was gaming around 3 am the other morning, I got the best of the best connection landing myself a solid 4 bars and wrecking men with my DSR sniper in a domination match. I just do not understand this greendot logic.

It was an incredibly foolish thing to disconnect a land line and be fooled into thinking any wireless connection is good for gaming. It really does not matter what you say, according to science it is very foolish to game on long range wireless connection.

bandwidth has nothing to do with gaming, a dial up connection can play Battlefield 4. Gaming is about latency and quality of your line, greendot is really a joke when it comes to this regard and not only that they buy bandwidth from flow and tstt so these people aren't even a real ISP. I stand by my motto I ban everyone I find locally who has green dot. I only play Peer to Peer fighting games with people who has a solid land line connection.

If you did not have a landline option in your area I could understand but disconnecting land line for green nonsense? Nah boy utter foolishness.

rere31
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rere31 » August 8th, 2015, 12:23 am

Did not disconnect landline for greendot, disconnected land line (tstt phone line) because no one uses the house phone...no blink land line here. Greendot as I said used to work good BEFORE THE UPGRADE OF EQUIPMENT. not a big gamer I just noticed the lag AFTER THE UPGRADE OF EQUIPMENT.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 8th, 2015, 12:36 am

Do a test on www.pingtest.net

then copy the results and post the pic here

TriniAutoMart
Riding on 16's

Postby TriniAutoMart » August 25th, 2015, 3:08 pm

I'm stuck in an area with no access to wired broadband.

My main uses for this service would be streaming videos, streaming (upload) live video feeds, heavy usage of cloud services, some gaming, and usual stuff like internet browsing.

From anyone that uses/used the Greendot ISP, is this service capable of handling the requirements stated?

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » August 25th, 2015, 5:04 pm

lol no afaik. my padna has it and he can't even download stuff on it

TriniAutoMart
Riding on 16's

Postby TriniAutoMart » August 25th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Which of the plans/packages does he have?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”