Forums

WTK Laptop repair person in central

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Need laptop advise/help

Postby RhymePaladin » August 7th, 2015, 8:05 pm

Hi guys I have a laptop that doesn't charge but powers on without battery. I've tried two batteries so it's not the battery I think. So what could be wrong? Could someone help if they experienced this before.

want2liqur
Sweet on this forum

Re: Need laptop advise/help

Postby want2liqur » August 7th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Could be your charger or the ac/dc jack

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » August 7th, 2015, 8:10 pm

Oh I tried another charger that previously worked on laptop but it doesnt charge either so I'm confused as why it powers on it it's the jack

trinibourbon
Street 2NR

Postby trinibourbon » August 7th, 2015, 8:39 pm

By chance is it a dell? I know some replacement dell chargers that universal would power on the laptop but not allow for charging.

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » August 7th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Well the power and the charging pins for a battery are different so it could be a problem with a pin although that does sound far fetched.

Are you checking if the battery is charging within your OS? It could be that the Windows battery "app" (you know, the same program that also runs/displays when you plug a UPS into your desktop) is messed up.

See if you get any charging from just having it plugged in but powered down. Might take a while to see a difference so leave it overnight.

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » August 7th, 2015, 10:07 pm

It's a gateway laptop and it's an universal charger that powers it on without battery only ..tried to charge with original charger but doesn't charge and no charging light either. The universal charger works fine in other laptops and since the original doesn't work anymore I'm certain problem isn't the charger.

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

WTK Laptop repair person in central

Postby RhymePaladin » August 8th, 2015, 9:28 am

Hi I'm looking for someone who can diagnose and repair laptop at a good price around couva or chaguanas. I have a laptop that doesn't charge battery and I have already changed the dc jack but still doesn't charge so I'm looking for someone who can repair for me. Leave or comment or whatsapp me @ 486-2681 thanks.

GANESH
Street 2NR

Re: WTK Laptop repair person in central

Postby GANESH » August 8th, 2015, 1:16 pm

Advance Computer Builders #306-2300 On Eleanor Street 2-3 Buildings away from Montrose Vedic Primary School (Heading West)
They personally reinstalled windows 7 (and updated drivers) for me on an older model laptop and did work for several of my co workers with satisfactory results.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 8th, 2015, 2:40 pm

RhymePaladin wrote:Hi I'm looking for someone who can diagnose and repair laptop at a good price around couva or chaguanas. I have a laptop that doesn't charge battery and I have already changed the dc jack but still doesn't charge so I'm looking for someone who can repair for me. Leave or comment or whatsapp me @ 486-2681 thanks.

why change the DC jack if the laptop not charging thou..??
was the port damaged.??
how old is the laptop..??
make and model??
are you using the original charger or generic universal.??
was the battery checked?
was the battery working (charging & holding charge) prior to changing the charging port?

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » August 8th, 2015, 5:51 pm

I changed it because i was checking to see if it went bad. It think isnt the battery because ive tried two different ones and still same results even with different chargers. I currently use a targus universal charger and when i noticed the charging problem i tested with an original charger that i used before but it isnt working anymore. The laptop is a little over a year now and the port isnt damaged as it powers on without battery while using the universal charger. Its a gateway ne56r series laptop.

ninjabilly
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ninjabilly » August 8th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Could be the circuit itself that went bad. If you could probe it to see if any current is passing through it, that would be a start.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 9th, 2015, 2:55 pm

RhymePaladin wrote:I changed it because i was checking to see if it went bad. It think isnt the battery because ive tried two different ones and still same results even with different chargers. I currently use a targus universal charger and when i noticed the charging problem i tested with an original charger that i used before but it isnt working anymore. The laptop is a little over a year now and the port isnt damaged as it powers on without battery while using the universal charger. Its a gateway ne56r series laptop.

you changed the charging port to check to see if its bad.
you didnt confirm 100%. you were just swapping parts to confirm.

you also tried 2 different batteries but same result - not charging.
you do have an original charger- but its not working.
you currently use a universal charger - which is working cause it powers on the laptop and allows you to use it.

get your hands on an original charger...and check an see first.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 9th, 2015, 3:01 pm

dan...pick a thread and stick with it nuh...havin two threads with the same info is not really helping your cause..

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 9th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Pm skylinechild he does fix meh pc bess bess.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 9th, 2015, 7:26 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:Pm skylinechild he does fix meh pc bess bess.

you eah....why u so for....:lol:

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » August 10th, 2015, 7:33 am

I am 100% sure it isn't the charging port n it does the same thing with the original charger powers on without battery but doesn't charge.
It now charges on rare occasions after using awhile without battery sometimes it will charge sometimes it won't so im thinking it's a short or something?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 10th, 2015, 9:04 am

^ If it powers on without the battery fine then its not the charging port.

The problem is with the battery itself.

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » August 10th, 2015, 10:21 am

Ive tried another battery thats fairly new and still its same problem doesn't charge only recently it randomly charges.

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » August 10th, 2015, 10:53 am

most likely the laptop has a separate board which connects to the motherboard a sisterboard in order words which typically houses the battery terminal and 1 or2 usb ports

chances are the sisterboard is dead but one would have to open the laptop to see if it has a sisterboard to begin with

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 10th, 2015, 1:57 pm

De fatherboard and brotherboard inna gear?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 10th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Spitfir3 wrote:most likely the laptop has a separate board which connects to the motherboard a sisterboard in order words which typically houses the battery terminal and 1 or2 usb ports

chances are the sisterboard is dead but one would have to open the laptop to see if it has a sisterboard to begin with

this i'd say is the best best but the OP said he changed the charging port.
exactly how did he change the charging port.??
did he actually unsolder the jack itself and solder in a new one or change the entire assembly as one unit.??

could it not be the connecting cables from the charging port to the motherboard.?
a simple removal and check continuity with a multimeter should give you your answer.

K74T wrote:De fatherboard and brotherboard inna gear?

seein as how the "daughterboard probably dead...the fatherboard and brotherboard most likely screwed too.. :lol:

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » August 10th, 2015, 9:48 pm

im assuming op has a charging port with the cable like this

buh op if you getting too much pressure just fling it way and cawl dong one ah dem fancee lightup alienware

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » August 11th, 2015, 5:25 pm

Yeah the charging port is similar to that it plugs in near the battery as seen in the pic below. I dont have a multimeter thats why im looking for a place or someone that may be able to tell me if it can be repaired at a low cost. If it cant be repaired or too expensive to be repaired ill just buy a new one when i can. And as i said it does manage to charge sometimes recently so idk if it could be a short on the board?

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » August 12th, 2015, 12:58 pm

normally a pcb is multilayerd with the contacts running in between...it can either be a break in the pcb contacts as i have experienced before....or a bad capacitor or sumtin.....best thing is to buy another board...too much headache...

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 12th, 2015, 1:58 pm

HSA wrote:normally a pcb is multilayerd with the contacts running in between...it can either be a break in the pcb contacts as i have experienced before....or a bad capacitor or sumtin.....best thing is to buy another board...too much headache...

this may be the case ...it could also be a hairline crack..seen those too...

but the only way to start checking is to check the jack and wiring with a multimeter...then check the connector on the motherboard...and work from there.

just talking and saying i "feel is this" not really helping the OP situation.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”