Forums

LF IT Jobs

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

LF IT Jobs

Postby RhymePaladin » August 21st, 2015, 7:35 am

Hey guys i have some friends (3) who are now graduating from University with a NETD in Computer, Networks and Telecom Engineering. Does anyone know where they can send there resumes?

Advertisement
hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: LF IT Jobs

Postby hustla_ambition101 » August 21st, 2015, 8:04 am

They didn't research that before they signed up to do the program?

TiidaBanton
Sweet on this forum

Postby TiidaBanton » August 21st, 2015, 8:57 am

Whatever u do just don't go massy tech...

Fearless
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Fearless » August 21st, 2015, 11:42 am

TiidaBanton wrote:Whatever u do just don't go massy tech...

lol, my friend telling me that years now.
Try flow/cable and wireless

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » August 21st, 2015, 11:45 am

what's wrong with them?

TiidaBanton
Sweet on this forum

Postby TiidaBanton » August 21st, 2015, 12:59 pm

Spitfir3 wrote:

what's wrong with them?

Lol all they have is a name...it will look good on ur resume not on ur pocket.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » August 22nd, 2015, 7:07 pm

check the papers regularly for ads

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » September 14th, 2015, 7:27 am

hey guys still looking... and they did research it i guess.. i check papers on mostly a daily basis for them and they sent resumes to a few i found but that was since i posted this and no reply from anyone so you guys know anywhere else that might have vacancies for them?

make meh care
Sweet on this forum

Postby make meh care » September 14th, 2015, 7:43 am

Many times you dont get jobs in a few months. It normally takes between 6-12 months before you can get a job. Consider yourself lucky if you get anything before. Also if you dont have experience you will be in the bottom of the resume pile in HR. So you need to work on your experience and look out for any options that persons can help you. This is my 2 cents here.

make meh care
Sweet on this forum

Postby make meh care » September 14th, 2015, 7:45 am

You may also Do ITIL since it is standard that alot of private companies are adopting, Along with some other certification such as network plus. Depending on the area you are looking to get employed

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » November 3rd, 2015, 11:35 am

Thanks for the advice so far but due to lack of funds they cant go on to get any certs as yet. They do have some training for CCNA (but no cert as yet). Anymore advice or any recommendations where they can apply to get some experience and be able to further themselves?

abbow
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby abbow » November 3rd, 2015, 12:10 pm

try some of the IT tech companies like Fujitsu, Infotech, Digi-Data, Massy (yes, pay will not be great, but you need the experience and exposure) in the field 15 years now and i started as a driver/technician earning monthly the same amount we would spend at one carnival fete

Wagos Limited was looking for a tech recently....they deal with POS systems..

Once you start with one tech comp, network yourself and let your work, behavior and work ethic do the rest....once its good, you will begin to move up

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » November 3rd, 2015, 12:19 pm

Thanks! Will give them a try.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 3rd, 2015, 12:36 pm

RhymePaladin wrote:Thanks for the advice so far but due to lack of funds they cant go on to get any certs as yet. They do have some training for CCNA (but no cert as yet). Anymore advice or any recommendations where they can apply to get some experience and be able to further themselves?

It is better to do certs and gain experience than doing a degree or diploma in IT.

Also Network and Telecom in UTT is not part of their NETD.

NETD in UTT lands you jobs in respected companies with much larger pay. Thats what you do if you want wuk in T&TEC, Petrotrin and thing. UTT does even get you the wuk there. NETD grants you entry into UWI for BSc in Computer Engineering etc, NETD is on a totally different playing field than the computer courses offered at UTT.

Offcourse NETD all require lots of studying in maths and physics. Its much harder than IT so yeah.

RhymePaladin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby RhymePaladin » November 3rd, 2015, 7:33 pm

I know the benefits of the certs but no funds for the exams so even an internship or technician job just until they could afford the exams

And a bit confused because on the exam papers (all) had NETD on them and it was required to write that under program. I thought this meant it was NETD. As for the maths there was four levels and closest to physics was engineering science.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 3rd, 2015, 7:50 pm

That is interesting, far as I know the computer diploma never fell under NETD same way the computer diploma is not supposed to give you access to the BASc in Computer Engineering at UTT since that degree is heavily focused on maths and physics. But offcourse UTT takes anybody regardless of qualifications.

If you look at requirements for entry to do the NETD diplomas all NETD Diploma requires pass in Physics and Chemistry etc at CXC. While the computer networking diploma does not.

UTT often confuses these courses, so this could be why you saw NETD. There is nothing Engineering about the computer diplomas there so there is no reason it should fall under NETD. UWI does not respect the computer diploma either since there is little focus on maths and physics.

NETD diplomas are recognized by the Board of Engineering of Trinidad and Tobago while UTT degrees are not. They really are a totally different playing field, NETD diploma in Electrical Engineering at UTT has more weight than UTT's own BASc Degree in Electrical Engineering. So that should give you an idea.

iarmd1
3NE 2NR for life

Postby iarmd1 » November 3rd, 2015, 8:25 pm

Just apply OJT for a while they will place them where their skill set is needed.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”