Forums

Amplia (formerly Massy Fibre) Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

new_gran_fella
Street 2NR

Re: Massy Internet Thread

Postby new_gran_fella » May 11th, 2017, 9:59 am

Those pings to DC and FL are amazing wow!

Caribnomad
Street 2NR

Postby Caribnomad » May 12th, 2017, 9:07 am

masterkyle wrote:The customer service you get with Massy is superb. It's unheard of. You won't regret!

I wonder if this will remain the same after the acquisition by TSTT?

masterkyle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby masterkyle » May 15th, 2017, 9:21 pm

Caribnomad wrote:
masterkyle wrote:The customer service you get with Massy is superb. It's unheard of. You won't regret!

I wonder if this will remain the same after the acquisition by TSTT?

well hopefully as i supposed its the same massy staff onboard. dunno about the management of it tho.

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » May 30th, 2017, 5:11 pm

My Massy Internet has slowed to an absolute crawl. So slow the speedtest.net page doesn't even load!

Anyone else experiencing a major slowdown?

25 MBs direct fiber to the home (Blue Range) and yes, I have reset the router.

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » May 30th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Hope this is not the way forward for Massy and all the plans I had for there service. But it was expected

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 3rd, 2017, 7:47 am

DTAC wrote:My Massy Internet has slowed to an absolute crawl. So slow the speedtest.net page doesn't even load!

Anyone else experiencing a major slowdown?

25 MBs direct fiber to the home (Blue Range) and yes, I have reset the router.

Call them. They usually fix you up brisk, brisk

trinipunter
Street 2NR

Postby trinipunter » June 3rd, 2017, 8:19 pm

flow just increase my speed and channels for 21$ so i not going to blast them but i agree.. they does fcuk up from time to time. CCTT was the same mc thing back in the day

masterkyle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby masterkyle » June 11th, 2017, 10:38 am

Ok so I am getting a problem on my ps4 since yesterday error code (WS-37397-9)

Cant sign in to PSN Network!

Reset router from ONT and called CSR to reset as well.

She unblocked some ports and gave me some settings to put in DNS and still nothing.

Any one had this issue before?

JoJoR
Ricer

Postby JoJoR » June 19th, 2017, 7:38 pm

masterkyle wrote:Ok so I am getting a problem on my ps4 since yesterday error code (WS-37397-9)

She unblocked some ports and gave me some settings to put in DNS and still nothing.

IP address you are currently using (assigned) is banned on the PlayStation network. I have this specific problem with Bmobile's LTE Broadband.
The banning is due to the IP address being a shared one and it's usually flagged for a couple reasons.
Please refer to this link:
https://support.us.playstation.com/scea ... ws-37397-9

This is a common problem with new ISPs in Trinidad with the small number of IP addresses available for their customers and which is assigned to the specific pool of users. e.g https://ipinfo.io/countries/tt

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 19th, 2017, 7:43 pm

JoJoR wrote:
masterkyle wrote:Ok so I am getting a problem on my ps4 since yesterday error code (WS-37397-9)

IP address you are currently using (assigned) is banned on the PlayStation network. I have this specific problem with Bmobile's LTE Broadband.
The banning is due to the IP address being a shared one and it's usually flagged for a couple reasons.

This is a common problem with new ISPs in Trinidad with the small number of IP addresses available for their customers and which is assigned to the specific pool of users. e.g https://ipinfo.io/countries/tt

Yep. And when you ask them Digi and Massy they say you are getting an individual IP. But that IP isn't public it looks to be a private one. So bandwidth is sheared at a node

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 19th, 2017, 7:56 pm

That happen with me on flow, IP address get banned from eBay, had to set a different static IP address in the flow router

JoJoR
Ricer

Postby JoJoR » June 19th, 2017, 8:12 pm

lchan485 wrote:
JoJoR wrote:

Yep. And when you ask them Digi and Massy they say you are getting an individual IP. But that IP isn't public it looks to be a private one. So bandwidth is sheared at a node

Yeah, just connected to a network sharing device which is problematic. I hope IPv6 picks up and everything switches over to that and solves most of our problems.

A possible solution to masterkyle's problem would be (1) using a vpn. Please note, I don't advise this because you may run into the same issues.
(2) Asking for a dedicated IP address is an option but it will come with a cost, also I don't know if they lease them to residential users and pricing.

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 19th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Setting a static ip only affect the Lan side of your network. EBay would see the Wan side which is the public IP. To get a new one you would need to alter the MAC that the ISP sees

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 19th, 2017, 8:16 pm

lchan485 wrote:Setting a static ip only affect the Lan side of your network. EBay would see the Wan side which is the public IP. To get a new one you would need to alter the MAC that the ISP sees

Google search for what's my IP will show the IP assigned by your ISP. That is given on reboot of modem. Flow public IP doesn't really change that much. So I don't really get blocked

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 19th, 2017, 8:52 pm

lchan485 wrote:Setting a static ip only affect the Lan side of your network. EBay would see the Wan side which is the public IP. To get a new one you would need to alter the MAC that the ISP sees

i changed my public ip from flow's router, not my lan. used what is my ip to confirm. flow's router is usually set to DHCP, i just switched it to static and set my own IP

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 19th, 2017, 9:09 pm

Kronik wrote:

i changed my public ip from flow's router, not my lan. used what is my ip to confirm. flow's router is usually set to DHCP, i just switched it to static and set my own IP

OK saw that In the Wan. You still have it set to static. How often you do a reboot?. How stable is the connection. How you know that the IP you set isn't already assigned to someone else. As Flow master router would assign IP's

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 19th, 2017, 9:14 pm

lchan485 wrote:
Kronik wrote:

OK saw that In the Wan. You still have it set to static. How often you do a reboot?. How stable is the connection. How you know that the IP you set isn't already assigned to someone else. As Flow master router would assign IP's

it has been set on static about 2 moths so far, dont reboot unless current gone, which doesnt happen. connection is stable with no issues. . i just picked a ip a few number above the original i had, pinged it, once i got no response that means it wasnt assigned so i set that ip as mine

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 19th, 2017, 9:17 pm

Kronik wrote:
lchan485 wrote:
Kronik wrote:

it has been set on static about 2 moths so far, dont reboot unless current gone, which doesnt happen. connection is stable with no issues. . i just picked a ip a few number above the original i had, pinged it, once i got no response that means it wasnt assigned so i set that ip as mine

Lol.. may try that. I use VPN so never had issues with IP blocks

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 19th, 2017, 9:19 pm

But if you set block ping request in router firewall . It won't respond as well

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 19th, 2017, 9:26 pm

lchan485 wrote:But if you set block ping request in router firewall . It won't respond as well

i run the IP address through http://network-tools.com before i use it,

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 19th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Kronik wrote:
lchan485 wrote:But if you set block ping request in router firewall . It won't respond as well

i run the IP address through http://network-tools.com before i use it,

K. Tried it. I get time out. But I've blocked pings to mine.
I've tried one IP 10 over mine , got time out as well.
Will let you know how it runs , with VPN, streaming and stuff tomorrow.

Weather getting bad down here

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 19th, 2017, 10:03 pm

Connection looks stable now even with reboot. Would know better tomorrow as it seem Flow DHCP least is 6 Hr

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 19th, 2017, 10:20 pm

ok cool. but careful the weather dont affect your service

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 19th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Kronik wrote:ok cool. but careful the weather dont affect your service

Lol. Yeah man stay safe

masterkyle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby masterkyle » June 21st, 2017, 5:34 am

Yes guys, well Massy set my modem to a static ip and everything is fine. I can connect to my PSN account on all devices, ps3, ps4 and PC.

They charged me a one time fee of $100.00

At first they set the static ip on the ps4 and opened all the relevant ports and I was getting NAT1 which i never get. Connection was sweet but i could not connect to psn on any other device so I told them I rather have to static ip on the modem to have access everywhere.

But thinking back I feel my gaming experience will be much better with NAT1 than NAT2.

Its a trade-off, better connection on ps4 only or normal on all devices. I mostly use ps4 for gaming anyways.

I only put on the ps3 to play Need for Speed Hot Pursuit once in a while.

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » July 11th, 2017, 8:51 pm

masterkyle wrote:Yes guys, well Massy set my modem to a static ip and everything is fine. I can connect to my PSN account on all devices, ps3, ps4 and PC.

At first they set the static ip on the ps4 and opened all the relevant ports and I was getting NAT1 which i never get. Connection was sweet but i could not connect to psn on any other device so I told them I rather have to static ip on the modem to have access everywhere.

But thinking back I feel my gaming experience will be much better with NAT1 than NAT2.

Its a trade-off, better connection on ps4 only or normal on all devices. I mostly use ps4 for gaming anyways.

Do you have a router running off the massy ont box? Or are you using the built in one?

How long did it take for them to do?

Going to call them now
All my common ports saying closed when I check the online tools

masterkyle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby masterkyle » July 21st, 2017, 3:05 am

novastar1 wrote:
masterkyle wrote:Yes guys, well Massy set my modem to a static ip and everything is fine. I can connect to my PSN account on all devices, ps3, ps4 and PC.

Do you have a router running off the massy ont box? Or are you using the built in one?

Going to call them now

Yeah I only using the Massy Router for now. Hope u got through!

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » July 21st, 2017, 1:10 pm

masterkyle wrote:
novastar1 wrote:

Going to call them now

Thanks
Did what you said and everything is working great now.
Only different is that I'm using my router behind the massy one so I can customize the port settings myself
Very impressed with their service here, even though I had to pay the one time $100

masterkyle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby masterkyle » July 21st, 2017, 4:01 pm

novastar1 wrote:
masterkyle wrote:
novastar1 wrote:

Going to call them now

Thanks
Only different is that I'm using my router behind the massy one so I can customize the port settings myself
Very impressed with their service here, even though I had to pay the one time $100

Ok if you opened all the ports on your secondary router, what did Massy do? Just set the static ip on the ps4? or Massy router?

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » July 21st, 2017, 7:45 pm

masterkyle wrote:
novastar1 wrote:
masterkyle wrote:
novastar1 wrote:

Going to call them now

Thanks

Ok if you opened all the ports on your secondary router, what did Massy do? Just set the static ip on the ps4? or Massy router?

Massy router is in bridge mode for me
All ports open so it's a total pass through.

Did it this way so I can set port forward myself on my router

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”