TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What is the PNM's plan for the economy?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: What is the PNM's plan for the economy?

Postby urbandilema » October 13th, 2016, 1:06 am

Btw when can I go camp cumuto for miltia practice I want to know operate a Lil high power rifle..it's been a dream since in a kid

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 13th, 2016, 2:09 am

Chuna discount!!!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 13th, 2016, 2:32 am

1476340317461.jpg

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: What is the PNM's plan for the economy?

Postby Slartibartfast » October 13th, 2016, 10:44 am

bluesclues wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Last time I asked they said they do shipment consolidation (if by that you mean waiting on multiple deliveries to arrive at the Miami warehouse before putting them together on one pallet and shipping them to you). That was about two years ago so don't quote me on that.

Websource doesnt do ocean freight lol. Just spoke to them. There is OceanIt on the same compound as websource though and they do ocean freight.

Yeah that is shipping consolidation. What i tended to do with websource is just put my account on hold for pickup. And when all my items reach and clear in trinidad i release the hold so the driver can deliver or go pick it up myself. More times than not id go myself since websource is like 10 mins drive away.

Yeah, sorry. That's what I meant. Oceanit is their sister company.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 14th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Oh well nutting new here. PNM plan working

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » October 14th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Anybody took the time to read the budget? What about 2015 2016, together with the PNM manifesto.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 11th, 2017, 6:21 pm

drchaos wrote:Sandals coming to Tobago! What are your opinions?

Most of their earnings will be taken out of the country but should provide some foreign exchange into the system as they have to hire locals and buy TT with US to pay wages. They will probably be importing alot of their consumables.

Local tour operators may also get a cut but Sandals tends to keep a tight noose on the prices.

Wait a minute...

Exclusive: Caribbean resort operator Sandals explores sale

Sandals Resorts International, a privately held Caribbean resort operator that caters to couples, is exploring strategic alternatives including a potential sale of the company, according to people familiar with the matter.

A sale would mark the first change in ownership for the company since it was founded 36 years ago by Gordon "Butch" Stewart, who built it into the largest non-government employer in Jamaica and created resorts across the Caribbean.

Sandals has hired investment bank Deutsche Bank AG (DBKGn.DE) to explore several options, including a sale of a majority stake in the company, the people said, asking not to be identified because the deliberations are confidential.

The valuation of the company could not be learned, but the sources said it could be worth well over $1 billion, including debt. There is no certainty the move will result in any deal, the sources added.

Sandals did not immediately respond to a request for comment, while Deutsche Bank declined to comment.

The company, which became famous for its commercials that feature couples lounging in its tropical resorts, owns 24 vacation properties in seven Caribbean countries, including Jamaica, the Bahamas, Grenada and Barbados.

Although Sandals caters primarily to couples, prohibiting children at most of its properties, it also operates a subsidiary called Beaches Resorts that welcomes singles and families.

Stewart began his career as a sales manager at Curacao Trading Company, before leaving in 1968 to found his first company, Appliance Traders Ltd, which distributed and serviced air conditioners.

When Stewart founded Sandals in 1981, the company began as a single hotel near one of the largest beaches on Jamaica's Montego Bay.

He sought to differentiate it from competing resorts by emphasizing "all-inclusive" packages, which feature a single flat fee for lodging, meals and drinks.

Sandals targets middle-income vacationers, offering some all-inclusive resort packages for less than $200 per person, per night.

In the early 2000s, Sandals attracted controversy because its couples-only resorts prohibited same-sex couples. It retracted the policy in 2004, after the London Underground banned Sandals advertisements in response to complaints from gay-rights activists.

The leisure sector has been an active arena for dealmaking. Last month, ski-resort operator Intrawest Resorts Holdings (SNOW.N) agreed to be sold to buyout firm KSL Capital Partners LLC and Aspen Skiing Co for around $1.5 billion.

(Reporting by Carl O'Donnell in New York; Editing by Bill Rigby)

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sanda ... SKBN186213

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 11th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Good Find The_Honorable!

I wonder if this would affect their Tobago plans, The deal they got from the government was actually super sweet so they might still roll with it even if there are new owners.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 11th, 2017, 7:48 pm

drchaos wrote:Good Find The_Honorable!

I wonder if this would affect their Tobago plans, The deal they got from the government was actually super sweet so they might still roll with it even if there are new owners.

The magic silver bullet might turn out to be lead, hopefully Tobago doesn't get lead poisoning. The idea of Butch floating a potential sale speaks to the idea that millennials have rejected he resort type vacation and instead are going for cultural immersion and experience type vacations. This has been floated to the Min of Tourism almost a year ago but still they not listening

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » May 11th, 2017, 7:55 pm

The massa massa mentality, this government think the rich resorts will solve the tourist issue. Crime, terrible inter island ferry service and a lack of respect for the environment is what's really wrong

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 11th, 2017, 8:01 pm

eliteauto wrote:

The magic silver bullet might turn out to be lead, hopefully Tobago doesn't get lead poisoning. The idea of Butch floating a potential sale speaks to the idea that millennials have rejected he resort type vacation and instead are going for cultural immersion and experience type vacations. This has been floated to the Min of Tourism almost a year ago but still they not listening

that is an interesting interpretation.
the resort was intended to increase tourism. but the hard ting is, tourism has moved away from resorts to some extent....

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 11th, 2017, 8:33 pm

eliteauto wrote:

Interesting. As some Sandals resorts have been "reported having large losses". We may never know as it is not a publicly traded company.

But they could also be looking at just selling their majority steak-hold. Which means they might just be freeing up capital for something else.

Diversifying their portfolio perhaps?

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » May 12th, 2017, 7:29 am

hope tha oil reaches $120 per barrel.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 12th, 2017, 2:09 pm

desifemlove wrote:hope tha oil reaches $120 per barrel.

You crazy??? Colm says subsidies on gas done by next year.

You want to pay close to $10 a liter for gas?

Pray for the oil price to stay low Breda.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 12th, 2017, 2:20 pm

^ and knowing Trinidad if it reach $10 a liter for gas, the price of doubles go raise from $5 to $10

And If oil goes back down to $30 a barrel the price of doubles go still remain $10, and Trinis will still buy it.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 12th, 2017, 6:25 pm

i should have been there :(

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » May 12th, 2017, 8:18 pm

In the Case of Corruption:
Both PP and PNM tief money like dat. Hear how the both parties does tief (at least most of the time);
Lets say a regional corporation gets $20 million for road works (just saying);

PP- They will hire about 10 contractors who in turn will hire lets say about 10 employees under the company to carry out road works. Each contractor might get a cut of $2 mil each. So everybody getting a lil piece of the pie, jobs are created-money is spent-GDP grows. The BS does start when one man see ah next man pie bigger than he one hence the corruption and fight down talk does start.

PNM- They will hire only 1 contractor who in turn will hire about 10 employees. Most likely only 1 road might get fix. But the key is the pie is only shared by very few people and you know who (doh forget growley is ah oreo - black on the outside and white in the inside). Other contractors who want a cut cyar see nothing pelting out so they cyar say this one get more than that one. One key example of this is the Brian Lara Stadium. You know the old saying ' The best way to hide in in front of you'.

Under PNM right now, 1) Gas gone up 2) Food gone up 3) Now this sheit property Tax 4) Gate almost gone. Is tax everywhere, and revenues amounting to billions of dollars (check the budget statement for more info) and yet since the present administration in power there is nothing much to show (except the Brian Lara Stadium). What are they doing with the money?
People getting fired and laid off left right and center but the Unions keeping they mouth shut and ent batting a word. Now you will wonder which party these so called unions are affiliated with. Mind you as an employee, part of your salary goes to these union as union fees. So in essence you paying these unions so that they can represent you and keep your best interest and job at bay, but like it working in reverse (you paying them to get you fired).

But as they say only the educated people will truly understand what is going on in this country. Hence the reason why Panday introduced the Dollar for Dollar program which then went to Gate by Patrick. The more educated people are the better you will understand the sheit going on in this country. Now PNM (growley) take out the gate, so it look like they want the people remain dumb so they would not understand the level of corruption the PNM administration are into (and ah talking bout since Eric Williams to present). So will continue to get the votes.
To make it more understandable, T&T GDP and Dubai (the nice pretty place in the east) GDP are relatively the same (doh take my word-google it to confirm) but look what they have to show as compared to our sweet T&T, mind you the PNM has been in power over 80% of the time since Independence, so what they do with all that money esp. from the oil boom.
It is plenty to think about.

As a citizen we between a rock and a hard place in determining which party to back, but for now I think the PP is the better party for the Country right now (even though I eh like them and they does like to play this ranking ting).

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 12th, 2017, 11:11 pm

Look like a UNC paid protest ... with a few token afro-Trini's to make it look legit lol

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 13th, 2017, 3:36 am

drchaos wrote:Look like a UNC paid protest ... with a few token afro-Trini's to make it look legit lol

What is a token afro-Trini ?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 13th, 2017, 5:34 am

^^ the rasta man-ister. he's a token in his own party.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 14th, 2017, 7:59 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
drchaos wrote:Look like a UNC paid protest ... with a few token afro-Trini's to make it look legit lol

What is a token afro-Trini ?

See video below. There is a harsher term for it:

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » May 14th, 2017, 8:06 pm

^^ both Indo and Afro variations of what is seen above...Just the Afro more vocal about it, I don't need to say why.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » May 14th, 2017, 8:19 pm

Their plan - plain and simple: Pauperise all of us.

When oil goes up the amount Petrotrin pays for same will go up. So what the firetruck you think we will pay for any type of fuel? It will cost more and when oil goes down we will still be paying the old price or the increased price. Who pocket do you think that will go in?

Come on think before you post, but then again is de old talk forum - No sense, cents or good scent will prevail herein ............

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 14th, 2017, 8:44 pm

dude2014 wrote:Their plan - plain and simple: Pauperise all of us.

When oil goes up the amount Petrotrin pays for same will go up. So what the firetruck you think we will pay for any type of fuel? It will cost more and when oil goes down we will still be paying the old price or the increased price. Who pocket do you think that will go in?

Come on think before you post, but then again is de old talk forum - No sense, cents or good scent will prevail herein ............

Pause for a second ... The current regime has talked about removal of subsidies and moving fuel prices towards its market price. To me that means when the Oil price is high then fuel prices are high and when oil prices are low then fuel prices are low.

What you are saying is they are looking at price fixing. If they do price fix next year 2018 when the oil price is still low it would mean when the price goes up we will still be paying low prices.

Also they are not "pauperising" us. They are weaning us off subsidies which will make us more competitive on a global scale.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » May 14th, 2017, 8:57 pm

Agreed. Even if you remove subsidies, the cost of production will go up and competitiveness? I am not too sure as most of the population wants a job in CEPEP, URP, County.

A lot of our technician, which is required to drive competitiveness is from the eat ah food crowd. No wonder BP took the Angelin PLatform construction elsewhere. It may or may not have anything to do with Antoinette Rogeir and his band of marauders ...........

matr1x

Postby matr1x » May 14th, 2017, 9:42 pm

Funny, all the talk about weaning population off subsidies, all the while the riches pay very little, and all sorts of underground deals being made.

Isn't this what they do? Convince you they are saving you while slitting your throat

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 14th, 2017, 10:18 pm

matr1x wrote:Funny, all the talk about weaning population off subsidies, all the while the riches pay very little, and all sorts of underground deals being made.

Isn't this what they do? Convince you they are saving you while slitting your throat

Well this is not technically true. The rich in this country do actually pay quite alot.
Consumption by the rich is higher and therefore the state benefits way more from the rich rather than the poor.
Earnings by the rich is also higher and therefore their income tax is higher (some do cheat just like some people in the lower classes but this is not an excuse to demonize the rich).

When the water, electricity and gas subsidies are completely removed this will rake in way more money from the rich vs the poor.
As these are items consumed in much higher quantities by the rich vs the lower classes.

It has been a known fact quite a while now that it is actually the rich that benefit more from the fuel subsidies than the poorer classes do.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 15th, 2017, 6:28 am

drchaos wrote:

Pause for a second ... The current regime has talked about removal of subsidies and moving fuel prices towards its market price. To me that means when the Oil price is high then fuel prices are high and when oil prices are low then fuel prices are low.

What you are saying is they are looking at price fixing. If they do price fix next year 2018 when the oil price is still low it would mean when the price goes up we will still be paying low prices.

Also they are not "pauperising" us. They are weaning us off subsidies which will make us more competitive on a global scale.

Never see someone so eager to pay more for something, i bet you cant wait to pay your property tax too.... sad day in a country when the politicians convince their supporters that they making things better by taking more and more from them.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 15th, 2017, 8:01 am

Gladiator wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Never see someone so eager to pay more for something, i bet you cant wait to pay your property tax too.... sad day in a country when the politicians convince their supporters that they making things better by taking more and more from them.

Increasing fuel prices to what we supposed to be paying is different from "taking more and more".
I think we should be paying property tax but not in its current form. The valuation on rental is subjective and leaves the door open to corruption. The money should also not go to a consolidated government fund but instead there should be a frame work for the money to be spent in the local area.

You know you don't have to be in total opposition to everything the opposing party does, you can see the good and bad in things.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 15th, 2017, 1:01 pm

drchaos wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Increasing fuel prices to what we supposed to be paying is different from "taking more and more".
I think we should be paying property tax but not in its current form. The valuation on rental is subjective and leaves the door open to corruption. The money should also not go to a consolidated government fund but instead there should be a frame work for the money to be spent in the local area.

You know you don't have to be in total opposition to everything the opposing party does, you can see the good and bad in things.

All your wishing and hoping is useless, because this Government has no clue, amd I suspect interest, in diversifying this economy. Taxes imposed to pay for debt caused by stupid borrowing in a vain attempt to stave off further recession and hope that oil prices return to pre-PNM levels is arsefuc*ery, plain and simple.
I have no issue with taking my share of the collective pain, but when the money goes to useless stadiums, PNM HQ, and to finance recurrent expenditure without any sight of income generation, then fack ANY Government!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”