Forums

WTK HELP ON EMPLOYMENT

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rere31
3NE 2NR for life

WTK HELP ON EMPLOYMENT

Postby rere31 » January 11th, 2016, 5:08 am

I was employed in the field of civil engineering with majority of my experience within said field. Since late 2015, I have been unemployed and finding difficulty to regain a job within the field. Is there any hope for the construction sector? Where should I turn to to apply? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Need funds to continue my studies.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: WTK HELP ON EMPLOYMENT

Postby S_2NR » January 11th, 2016, 6:32 am

Have you tried non-eng jobs?

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » January 11th, 2016, 6:55 am

How much experience you have opie?how many places you put in applications also?ever thought about giving maths classes?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 11th, 2016, 9:06 am

you check Sammy?

spranga
Street 2NR

Postby spranga » January 11th, 2016, 10:17 am

dude, jobs are impossible to get out there. I have a BSc., PMP, CMQ/OE, CQE, CQA and ISO 9001 lead auditor together with 8 years construction experience and I've been at home 3 months now.

Your best bet is in agriculture. I invested $5,000 into a hydroponics setup and making pretty decent change from it.

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » January 11th, 2016, 12:01 pm

^^ respect the hustle

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 11th, 2016, 12:43 pm

spranga wrote:Your best bet is in agriculture. I invested $5,000 into a hydroponics setup and making pretty decent change from it.
much respect!!! 8-)

The Raven
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Raven » January 11th, 2016, 12:50 pm

spranga wrote:dude, jobs are impossible to get out there. I have a BSc., PMP, CMQ/OE, CQE, CQA and ISO 9001 lead auditor together with 8 years construction experience and I've been at home 3 months now.

Your best bet is in agriculture. I invested $5,000 into a hydroponics setup and making pretty decent change from it.

Sprang what type of set up did you build?

rere31
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rere31 » January 11th, 2016, 12:55 pm

I emailed my c.v to sammy but I didn't get a response yet. I'm doing my NETD in civil engineering part time and I have a little over 2 years experience with two major contractors. I'm young and being unemployed is a big strain at the moment since it's only my mother and I. I don't know where to turn to...but I need to find something or as a matter of fact anything as soon as possible. I was considering joining the police force and use the income to pay for tuition. I don't even know when ttps will be recruiting again. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 11th, 2016, 1:05 pm

^TTPS recruitment is a long process dude, its more than a year something like that takes from the day you go for the sign up.

Like the other guy said you can try Agriculture, but some warning with that. I plant cucumbers and I ended up having to give away hundreds for free. Even at $2 a pound nobody was buying and none of the local veggie parts was willing to buy wholesale either. A LOT of people are doing agriculture now and few people willing to buy.

To go in the wholesale market you also need a farmers ID and transport. So you gonna need a pickup. You must plant plenty to make a reasonable amount of money else you wasting your time. Most of these supermarkets etc does already have a supplier and won't be willing to buy your stuff aswell.

It sounds like a good gig, but when you really try it is then you does see what taking place. And you need to invest money on agriculture aswell. Unlike a job where you do not except maybe a pants and shirt. My advice don't waste your time on agriculture, if you have a car you better off running taxi. Its the same reason I start to plant 200 coconut trees and done away with short crops, its the only long term crop that hard to thief, has huge demand, and has a lot of money.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » January 11th, 2016, 1:19 pm

You tell the man agriculture is a waste of time, but you also state you start to plant 200 coconut trees? Last time i checked growing coconut trees for the purpose of selling the nuts is the same agriculture you just said as a waste of time.

you really are a special kinda strange.

rere31
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rere31 » January 11th, 2016, 1:20 pm

My idea for a small income on the side was to save up for a kia carens and let someone work the vehicle as a taxi...then eventually branching into auto rentals....then to buy and sell....but I need permanent employment and that's difficult to achieve in the construction sector. My friend was telling me when he signed up he got called a little while later then training was 7 months and he passed to become an officer. I honestly don't know where to turn to. House to fix...tuition to pay and a bag of worries to tote.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 11th, 2016, 1:44 pm

SMc wrote:You tell the man agriculture is a waste of time, but you also state you start to plant 200 coconut trees? Last time i checked growing coconut trees for the purpose of selling the nuts is the same agriculture you just said as a waste of time.

you really are a special kinda strange.

Yeah because I actually have the kind of land required for coconuts to be profitable and it not costing me a cent to plant coconuts, So I don't need to differentiate between coconuts and other crops because I already know he does not have space for coconuts and he needs a QUICK solution as he says and the only quick solutions in agriculture is short term crops. And I never say Agriculture is a waste of time I told HIM don't waste HIS time on agriculture because I KNOW that he needs the space, equipment, connections / established business relationship to sell his produce and not have it rotting on him. He does not have a farmers ID card to go in the wholesale market, how do you suggest he get this card? they don't give this ID to every tom dick and harry just like that.

You try and plant short term crops nah and see how much you make, and how many businesses are willing to be your supplier and don't already have their suppliers. Coconuts are just an exception to the rule, people does come to your house and beg you to sell them coconuts every month, you doh even have to pick all you do is check. This is the total opposite of other crops. You need nearly 2 Acres of Land for coconuts to make sense cause some trees only give you 1 bunch a month.

simcard
Ricer

Postby simcard » January 11th, 2016, 8:13 pm

rere31 wrote:I emailed my c.v to sammy but I didn't get a response yet. I'm doing my NETD in civil engineering part time and I have a little over 2 years experience with two major contractors. I'm young and being unemployed is a big strain at the moment since it's only my mother and I. I don't know where to turn to...but I need to find something or as a matter of fact anything as soon as possible. I was considering joining the police force and use the income to pay for tuition. I don't even know when ttps will be recruiting again. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

i feel u, i was thinking to join police to pay tuition as well, an i just got laid off december. have faith dude someting muss come up

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 11th, 2016, 8:47 pm

One place you guaranteed to get work is in Servisair in the airport. Like check in agent at the counter and security and cargo agent etc.

If you really serious then drop your resume to servisair building but its now called swissport. Its at the old airport, you are 100% guaranteed to get a job in 2 months because you have to do training etc. The pay is around $25 an hour regardless of the position.

There is a reason they always want workers eh, only apply there if you have no other choice, but $25 an hour isn't bad if you can't get anything better for the time being, hey it beats nothing an hour right?
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on January 11th, 2016, 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spranga
Street 2NR

Postby spranga » January 11th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Hope this helps small man
Attachments
IMG-20160111-WA0005.jpg

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » January 12th, 2016, 12:37 pm

spranga wrote:Hope this helps small man

construction is at an epic low ... and they need workers that add has me thinking ...

this company RBJ is jus b4 rex car on the hi way ..

sylphy_titan
Ricer

Postby sylphy_titan » January 12th, 2016, 1:15 pm

I think we need to start a thread where we post any vacancies or hear of any company recruiting...besides caribbenjobs. trinidadvacancies, and trinidadjob.com.
I just started a new job but the probation isn't going well at all... I fear I may be looking for a job soon... I still have a loan to pay off...

gencon
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gencon » January 12th, 2016, 1:32 pm

a good option is to go and teach, much more stable income, once you get inside.

interested in the hydroponics to bring in some extra income though. spranga what is your appraoch bro?

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » January 12th, 2016, 4:03 pm

instantfrugality wrote:a good option is to go and teach, much more stable income, once you get inside.

interested in the hydroponics to bring in some extra income though. spranga what is your appraoch bro?

i was teaching with NESC salary is crap .... no benefits 1 year contract and lots of politics ...

TerrY93
Ricer

Postby TerrY93 » January 12th, 2016, 4:46 pm

opie try a communications company such as digicel or massy , they are taking on alot of technical personnel to do various jobs from plant construction to installation. its contract but they are paying well worth a try , good luck with the search

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » January 12th, 2016, 6:03 pm

10-01 wrote:
instantfrugality wrote:a good option is to go and teach, much more stable income, once you get inside.

i was teaching with NESC salary is crap .... no benefits 1 year contract and lots of politics ...

yew my teacher? :|

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » January 12th, 2016, 6:12 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:
10-01 wrote:

How you feel knowing you been schooled by a honda man?

+1 on the "official vacancy ched"

rere31
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rere31 » January 13th, 2016, 1:20 am

Thanks for the positive feedback guys and thanks spranga for the advertisement. I will surely email a resume as well as drop in one. Hope all works out for me.

andres13
3NE 2NR for life

Postby andres13 » January 13th, 2016, 10:15 am

things are getting tough, @rere31 how did you go about the hydroponics ?

gencon
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gencon » January 13th, 2016, 10:16 am

10-01 wrote:

like how much so is nesc paying?

BoxEater
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BoxEater » January 13th, 2016, 10:27 am

learn a trade or skill....eg welding....learn to weld gates, burglar proofing etc... with our current situation, i guarantee in the future alot of ppl would be needing that added security....

learn to cook...once your food is good its guaranteed to sell....no doubles or gyro tho....that market saturated ... plus you can get away from taxes....

open a auto parts place....stock parts for all fast selling and popular makes....toyota....mazda and especially nissan tiidas since they are prone to crashes and abuse by the law breaking population

blessed 1
Riding on 13's

Postby blessed 1 » January 13th, 2016, 1:20 pm

I'm looking for a Surveyor helper (chainman) for immediate employment for POS and environs.

call 751-5644 or PM for further details.

BoxEater
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BoxEater » January 13th, 2016, 2:46 pm

Thank god u not in the petroleum industry....alot of job cuts there as well
Attachments
1452710751644.jpg

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » January 13th, 2016, 2:54 pm

black start wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:
10-01 wrote:

How you feel knowing you been schooled by a honda man?

+1 on the "official vacancy ched"

got all my CNG training freee thanks to honda :twisted:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”