Official marijuana/marijuana legalization in TNT thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Official marijuana/marijuana legalization in TNT thread

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 4th, 2019, 11:59 am

always great to learn some history about this herb

Kinda sad that people in Trinidad have this false belief that Rastas introduced the holy herb to the world.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 4th, 2019, 12:21 pm

^ I have read that Lion House in Chaguanas was a meeting place where they sold goods and men smoked ganja in the evenings. This was way before the British even imagined that Trinidad would be independent. Marijuana is mentioned in Indian texts (the Vedas) as far back as 2000 B.C. It was closely associated with the legends and worship of the God Shiva, as well as the hallucinogenic experiences with Datura seeds. They even used to make a yogurt tea drink with a ton of spices with marijuana.

Of course when the British arrived in India and observed the effects of this drug on the natives, they didn't like it because their Christian God taught them something else right? That's how the prohibition and taboo started, rather than the medical exploration of such a plant. The scientists and doctors of the day (1890s) were purposely searching for things wrong with marijuana use so the British authorities could legally ban it. But that's not how true science works. Who knows how far ahead the pharmaceutical industry could have been today if they had studied the plant and other genetic variations for that long?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 4th, 2019, 12:25 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ wow didn't know that, always great to learn some history about this herb

Kinda sad that people in Trinidad have this false belief that Rastas introduced the holy herb to the world.
Hindus came before rastas.

Hindus are the original deadlocks, ganja smokers and vegetarians before anyone else.
old-sadhu-with-dread-bun-and-orange-headwrap-smoking-hashish-marijuana-K9GGGF.jp.jpeg
old-sadhu-with-dread-bun-and-orange-headwrap-smoking-hashish-marijuana-K9GGGF.jp.jpeg (32.73 KiB) Viewed 4141 times

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 4th, 2019, 12:30 pm

maj. tom wrote:^ I have read that Lion House in Chaguanas was a meeting place where they sold goods and men smoked ganja in the evenings. This was way before the British even imagined that Trinidad would be independent. Marijuana is mentioned in Indian texts (the Vedas) as far back as 2000 B.C. It was closely associated with the legends and worship of the God Shiva, as well as the hallucinogenic experiences with Datura seeds. They even used to make a yogurt tea drink with a ton of spices with marijuana.

Of course when the British arrived in India and observed the effects of this drug on the natives, they didn't like it because their Christian God taught them something else right? That's how the prohibition and taboo started, rather than the medical exploration of such a plant. The scientists and doctors of the day (1890s) were purposely searching for things wrong with marijuana use so the British authorities could legally ban it. But that's not how true science works. Who knows how far ahead the pharmaceutical industry could have been today if they had studied the plant and other genetic variations for that long?
Yep that's all true.

People think Ganja is a Rasta thing, but it's a Hindu thing that's been around for 5000 years.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » August 4th, 2019, 1:04 pm

Ok zoom, anyone who could read know Rastafari is less than a 100 years and hindus been tripping crazy balls for eons which is tied to very core of the religion.. I've even had hindu based visions and experiences on my own psychedelic journeys.

No one believes rastas discovered weed. For a non hindu you seem totally obsessed with hindus over everything. We're you groomed by a pundit from a young age or sum?

If the matters so much to hindus, why didn't the hindu majority led party UNC even mention to decriminalize or legalise the herb during their two times in tenure?? Don't they care about the historical and divine properties for the holy plant?

Why wait for wicked PNM to bless hindus with this opportunity to enjoy their ancestral holy herb?

Lol at hindus are the only ppl who deserve to smoke weed.. Bess all curry spices to dedicated to only them too

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 4th, 2019, 1:05 pm

maj. tom wrote:^ I have read that Lion House in Chaguanas was a meeting place where they sold goods and men smoked ganja in the evenings. This was way before the British even imagined that Trinidad would be independent. Marijuana is mentioned in Indian texts (the Vedas) as far back as 2000 B.C. It was closely associated with the legends and worship of the God Shiva, as well as the hallucinogenic experiences with Datura seeds. They even used to make a yogurt tea drink with a ton of spices with marijuana.

Nice post here.

I agree the white man never liked when something opposed his god so to him he had to eradicate everything that went against his religion which is how the world ended up the way it is. One of the reasons marijuana was kept illegal in the US for so long besides propaganda was so they could jail people mainly blacks and use them as cheap labor.

Tulsi Gabbard destroyed Kamala Harris with that one.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 4th, 2019, 1:17 pm

mero wrote:Ok zoom, anyone who could read know Rastafari is less than a 100 years and hindus been tripping crazy balls for eons which is tied to very core of the religion.. I've even had hindu based visions and experiences on my own psychedelic journeys.

No one believes rastas discovered weed. For a non hindu you seem totally obsessed with hindus over everything. We're you groomed by a pundit from a young age or sum?

If the matters so much to hindus, why didn't the hindu majority led party UNC even mention to decriminalize or legalise the herb during their two times in tenure?? Don't they care about the historical and divine properties for the holy plant?

Why wait for wicked PNM to bless hindus with this opportunity to enjoy their ancestral holy herb?

Lol at hindus are the only ppl who deserve to smoke weed.. Bess all curry spices to dedicated to only them too
Hindus still smoke their herb bro, it a very small sect that does it. They don't need to lobby any goverment to free the herb. Them not making a scene to free it as it does not matter to them.

mero

Postby mero » August 4th, 2019, 1:23 pm

Its still illegal so you promote breaking the law?

And the majority of chronic weed smokers/designer drug users I know are mostly indo.

No one race of religion owns right to smoke a plant.. Decriminalizing benefits all.

And can you share some light on why the plant was never decriminalized by the UNC since it matters the most to them?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 4th, 2019, 1:36 pm

If the plant is legalized, you can choose to purchase local weed which I suspect is a 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC.
Plenty people does talk sh!t about local weed here cause it not strong like kush, however the imported kush is mainly just THC which can result in panic attacks in some people. And who knows what else chemical them spraying that imported weed with?

Legalizing the herb and allowing people to grow a plant is the best way forward. I does hear all kinda dotish talk about how if they legalize it the whole country go be high everyday. I does ask these uneducated jackasses how come the whole country not drunk everyday since alcohol is legal, they could never give an educated answer.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 4th, 2019, 1:45 pm

mero wrote:Its still illegal so you promote breaking the law?

And the majority of chronic weed smokers/designer drug users I know are mostly indo.

No one race of religion owns right to smoke a plant.. Decriminalizing benefits all.

And can you share some light on why the plant was never decriminalized by the UNC since it matters the most to them?
I don't work for the UNC nor have any affiliation to their party. So I cant speak on their behalf.

It is mostly PNM ppl that beating up to free it.

mero

Postby mero » August 4th, 2019, 2:04 pm

So why the UNC storm the pro marijuana rally on the waterfront this week for?.

Zoom drop the over retarded dum dum online blogger personality for once and stop spinning in mud and contradicting your self nah

Do you want weed decriminalized or even legalized?
zoom rader wrote:

I don't work for the UNC nor have any affiliation to their party. So I cant speak on their behalf.

mero

Postby mero » August 4th, 2019, 2:15 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:If the plant is legalized, you can choose to purchase local weed which I suspect is a 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC.
Plenty people does talk sh!t about local weed here cause it not strong like kush, however the imported kush is mainly just THC which can result in panic attacks in some people. And who knows what else chemical them spraying that imported weed with?

Legalizing the herb and allowing people to grow a plant is the best way forward. I does hear all kinda dotish talk about how if they legalize it the whole country go be high everyday. I does ask these uneducated jackasses how come the whole country not drunk everyday since alcohol is legal, they could never give an educated answer.

What you mean by 1:1 cbd and thc?

General local weed sucks cuz of the poor seeds and actual farming used + fact that most of the operations have to be hidden from helicopters etc. There is also very good almost high grade local weed available, you just need to know the right farmer.

If the imported kush u referring to is the dutty brown/gold press brick weed from Colombia whichevery trini smokes.. That is far from high thc.. U prob just getting stoned from all that dutty old chemical they used in it.. Which does have u drowsy n retarded. Cant wait for that to be phased out.

And abuse will take place a bit. Is sum new to trinineverseecomesee which will level out quickly.

And I fully agree with being able to plant your own seeds and reap some nice ass buds

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 4th, 2019, 2:39 pm

mero wrote:So why the UNC storm the pro marijuana rally on the waterfront this week for?.

Zoom drop the over retarded dum dum online blogger personality for once and stop spinning in mud and contradicting your self nah

Do you want weed decriminalized or even legalized?
zoom rader wrote:

I have no problem with freeing the herb. I support it.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » August 4th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Let me just interject but a chinese lady was telling me about how "everybody feel is dem own, but how scientists have found the oldest documented evidence in china" and how dem use it too in some religion thing. I think that is what I heard from her.

And mego I feel he meant dat a man shouldn't have to beat up to practise he religion.

An old dark shinned khuul fella recently said to me something along the same lines, that how more people use it for recreation than for medical or religious (which he does not have a problem with), but how them (religious ones) shouldn't be put in the same group/law.

In other words the religious ones should be exempt from that part of the law, for "religious reason"
In their home country, across all the states, it is overall 'more legal' than here.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » August 4th, 2019, 3:21 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:If the plant is legalized, you can choose to purchase local weed which I suspect is a 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 7th, 2019, 12:07 pm

mero wrote:

What you mean by 1:1 cbd and thc?

General local weed sucks cuz of the poor seeds and actual farming used + fact that most of the operations have to be hidden from helicopters etc. There is also very good almost high grade local weed available, you just need to know the right farmer.

If the imported kush u referring to is the dutty brown/gold press brick weed from Colombia whichevery trini smokes.. That is far from high thc.. U prob just getting stoned from all that dutty old chemical they used in it.. Which does have u drowsy n retarded. Cant wait for that to be phased out.

And abuse will take place a bit. Is sum new to trinineverseecomesee which will level out quickly.

And I fully agree with being able to plant your own seeds and reap some nice ass buds

You know your thing bro

I always suspected that brown looking dutty weed was not healthy.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 9th, 2019, 8:46 pm

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 10th, 2019, 7:49 am

lol you should have asked if he ever tried it (when it was legal of course and he was a young man). :lol: :lol:

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » August 10th, 2019, 10:26 am

Days de most sense Sat ever talk..lol..

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 10th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Sat nail this one jed, Didn't expect him to be a Ganja man, I know marijuana is one of the 5 holy plants in Hindu Scripture but was still shocked to see Sat outright support weed. He is however correct, the evidence demonstrates clearly that when weed is legalized the crime goes down. This isn't even going about on the health benefits of weed itself.

Did you know that THC in weed actually removes brain plaque and is currently the best solution available for preventing Alzhimers Disease? And without all the nasty side effects of tablets made in labs by big pharma?

We have new science today that shows even the THC part of weed actually has immense medical benefits for our health, something quite shocking considering most people assumes all THC does is get you high.

And yet we have law enforcement officers in this country burning down cannabis fields in Morouga and Biche, a plant that has immense medicinal value in majority of civilized countries.

https://www.sciencealert.com/marijuana- ... from-brain

An active compound in marijuana called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) has been found to promote the removal of toxic clumps of amyloid beta protein in the brain, which are thought to kickstart the progression of Alzheimer's disease.

The finding supports the results of previous studies that found evidence of the protective effects of cannabinoids, including THC, on patients with neurodegenerative disease.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 10th, 2019, 2:14 pm

Lord Shiva bless the holy herb

swiftracer2000
Riding on 13's

Postby swiftracer2000 » August 10th, 2019, 3:37 pm

The law is a big pack of sheit. It’s about what’s morally right and factually right. Just cause the government says this is correct and that is wrong makes them correct ? So why half of the politicians smoking ounces of high grade weed eh not even local or kush in they million dollar houses on weekends and youth boys getting lock up for a 1 gram because they don’t have the same power?.

The law is only for the poor. Rich don’t live by the law and that is the sad part.

When unc was in power marijuana was still and still is a growing business. Maybe that was not the best time since many countries were still getting into the system but now or 2020 or more than perfect time. If the government don’t do so it’s just because of the corruption and greed for more money.

swiftracer2000
Riding on 13's

Postby swiftracer2000 » August 10th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Marijuana use goes back way before Rastafaris closer to the indian and even Asian territory roots but it eh make no sense arguing who discover and use it first and all that. Why divide the human race and start a unneeded conflict ?

We all understand is a plan . It’s a part of nature . Just as everything we have to respect it and use it in moderation. It is scientifically healthier that cigarettes and alcohol but we all know taxes is what the government like and they still eh have the infrastructure to handle this kind of change.

Instead of involving the government in distributions they should allow citizens to plant a certain amount of plants . this way we eh bothering them stink politicians for the herb and we could grow how we want and what we want .

This would be an ideal plan but as usual if the government eh making money then something just eh working out . Corruption will be the downfall of the country . Honesty and purity will be the boom , if there ever will be .

swiftracer2000
Riding on 13's

Postby swiftracer2000 » August 10th, 2019, 3:46 pm

This man speakin rel sense. Kush is sheit . High grade is sheit . We doh know what chemicals they using . Even local high grade and local is questionable. A proper and responsibly marijuana user and advocate must know what they smoking and when to smoke it . Everything in proper amounts at a proper time.

swiftracer2000
Riding on 13's

Postby swiftracer2000 » August 10th, 2019, 3:49 pm

l33t2 wrote:

From personal experience this seems about right.
The more intense the drug , the more stable mind you need to snap out of it.

swiftracer2000
Riding on 13's

Re: Marijuana legalization to create 250,000 new US jobs by 2020

Postby swiftracer2000 » August 10th, 2019, 3:52 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/06/five-hot-new-careers-created-by-marijuana-legalization.html

5 hot new careers created by marijuana legalization

By 2020 the $8.5 billion U.S. marijuana industry is expected to create 250,000 new jobs, according to New Frontier Data.
In 2017 the number of job posts for openings in the marijuana industry increased by 445 percent, outpacing tech (254 percent) and health care (70 percent), according to ZipRecruiter.
Fast-growing new careers driven by marijuana legalization include director of cultivation, budtender, dispensary manager, director of extraction and trimmer.

Six years ago recreational marijuana use was illegal in all 50 states — and had been for nearly a century. Following the 2018 midterm elections, anyone over 21 will soon be allowed to legally consume marijuana in 10 states plus the District of Colombia. Overall, 33 states in the past 22 years have passed some form of marijuana legalization, from medical to recreational use.

Despite the ever-present federal threat — the Drug Enforcement Administration still considers marijuana a banned substance, and former Attorney General Jeff Sessions threatened a crackdown — the $8.5 billion U.S. marijuana industry seems poised to grow as rapidly as the law will allow it. And it's generating jobs just as quickly.

By 2020 the industry is expected to create 250,000 new jobs, according to New Frontier Data, an industry research firm. In 2017 the number of job posts for openings in the marijuana industry increased by 445 percent, outpacing tech (254 percent) and health care (70 percent), according to ZipRecruiter.

The industry is in search of workers across the spectrum, from accounting to compliance, customer service, sales, technology and more. As the industry grows, so too do the opportunities. California, Colorado and Washington currently have the greatest demand for workers, but that could shift as legalization spreads.

Though the total number of marijuana jobs are still far smaller than those other, much older industries, they include several positions that didn't exist prior to legalization, offering enterprising workers the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an entirely new career.

Because legalization has come state by state, there is no single association or governing body offering licenses, training or certifications. Workers looking to enter the industry will need to do a bit of research to find out their specific state requirements.

But newcomers don't necessarily need an encyclopedic nature of weed culture to succeed in the industry. In fact, Karson Humiston, CEO and founder of recruiting firm Vangst, said she decided to start her firm, which specializes in the cannabis industry, after discovering the breadth of talent required by entrepreneurs attending a 2015 industry convention.

"When I asked people what positions they were hiring for, it was everything from a botanist to a chemical engineer to a Ph.D. to a retail store manager to a marketing manager to a human resource manager to a CFO," she said. "You name it, and these companies were hiring for it."

Though some may hesitate to join an industry selling a drug that's still banned by federal law, everyday workers have little to fear, said Morgan Fox, media relations director for the National Cannabis Industry Association. "We haven't seen any U.S. attorneys make an effort to crack down on businesses that are compliant with state law, even though the former attorney general gave them carte blanche to do so," he said, referring to Sessions. "If someone is just an employee of a company, I would think there's pretty much no risk."

Here are five fast-growing new careers driven by marijuana legalization. Salary data is gleaned from the 2018 Vangst Salary Guide. In most cases the salary ranges are unusually broad due to the industry's youth and rapid expansion.
Director of cultivation
Garden Remedies operates a cultivation facility in Fitchburg, Massachusetts.
Garden Remedies
Garden Remedies operates a cultivation facility in Fitchburg, Massachusetts.

They call it a weed, but growing crops of strong, healthy marijuana is both an art and a science. All grow operations, no matter how small, need a director of cultivation — also known as a master grower — to oversee planting, cloning, feeding, watering and pest management. At larger operations, cultivation directors have management responsibility for a team of growers, and the position typically requires frequent interaction with law enforcement to ensure compliance.

A background in horticulture or agriculture is a must for this job, and advanced degrees in either are sometimes required. Familiarity with cannabis is preferred, but plenty of employers are happy to hire someone with experience managing a large-scale greenhouse operation.

For the folks asking why unc did not legalize it.

I am not a unc supporter but the time they were in power was still a experimental and fairly young stage in marijuana legalization. If they didn’t legalize it we could understand because as a smaller country it’s safer to let the bigger countries experiment and we follow based on their results. Only recently Canada too also legalized it . However within 2018 onwards there is no excuse for the ban of marijuana unless you want corruption and illegal operations to continue.... is what rowley and all them skunts goal is.

swiftracer2000
Riding on 13's

Postby swiftracer2000 » August 10th, 2019, 4:00 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:There is only one major problem with Marijuana that I could find and that is panic attacks, it is a genuine reason not to smoke it at all as panic attacks can spike blood pressure very high and make you feel like you are having a heart attack. But just because some people get it doesn't mean everybody will and doesn't mean it should be banned. Some people are just bad lucky and that is just life.

There is a scientifically proven link between cannabis and panic attacks. Not sure how much people in Trinidad get it tho but how it works is if you think weed will cause a problem with you then you will get the panic attack. The more people demonize it the more dangerous it can be to smoke it, which is why people who are extremely pro weed and do not believe any talk about it being bad usually never get this panic attack problem

Couldn’t agree with you more bro.

Panic attacks is correct and is one of the downsides or rather , effects of marijuana I should say.

This is because marijuana usually amplifies our previous feelings or our character instead of completely changing it like drugs like lsd and cocaine do. They are mind altering drugs whereas marijuana is more of a boost to what we already are.

This is what makes marijuana different . If you are a jackass before smoking marijuana then you will simply be a bigger jackass after smoking it. If you is a chill man before smokin chances are you will most likely be even chiller after smoking it.

relating to my previous statement ^To the panic attacks , i feel it’s because the quality of weed we get . Kush and high grade foreign , we doesn’t know how it being made . If it laced with cocoaine or have chemical etc. that’s a big problem that could be solved if we are allowed to plant our own plants and deal with honest legal farmers ourself. A good solution is give local farmers permits for their fields to cultivate marijuana and they could open a small shop or even sell to local legal distributors . All of this is done with proper paperwork’. Unfortuanltey I don’t feel trinidad have any infrastructure to handle this and even if we have the money the politicians too busy spending it on buying their own high grade.

Secondly rellll people does be worried about getting lock up by the police when they smoking.
To have that lingering though in your Brain while you smoking is the worst combination. There is a study that shows the correlation of feelings before and after marijuana and it’s simply to say , a amplifier to the human brain.

So if u scared before smoking and smoke , that’s when u catch the attack and start to worry.

There simple solutions to these problems but the government loves making them complicated

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 11th, 2019, 11:10 am

^ yeah bro Mero would be the best person to answer that question, cause that weed sold in Trinidad is a brick weed or something like that which is low quality crap that is not healthy and just not recommended. Who know what chemical they does put to preserve that anyways.

Anyways here is an update in Today's guardian

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/tt-ridin ... fb3ad4c786

T&T riding last wave in $m marijuana train

“The glob­al le­gal cannabis mar­ket con­tin­ues to ex­pand, and the Caribbean is just start­ing to gain se­ri­ous mo­men­tum”.

So said Dou­glas Gor­don the founder of CanEx Ja­maica Busi­ness Con­fer­ence and Ex­po.

And as the Caribbean sets it­self to be­come the next big cannabis mar­ket­place, T&T seems to be hop­ing to catch the last wave.

The orig­i­nal time­line giv­en by the Gov­ern­ment to bring cannabis laws to the coun­try by the end of June has been missed.

At­tor­ney Gen­er­al Faris Al-Rawi has now re­vised that dead­line to leg­is­la­tion to de­crim­i­nalise mar­i­jua­na to Par­lia­ment in Sep­tem­ber.

Al-Rawi said the At­tor­ney Gen­er­al’s of­fice has com­plet­ed the pack­age of leg­is­la­tion to in­tro­duce de­crim­i­nal­i­sa­tion of mar­i­jua­na and that is ex­pect­ed to be laid in Par­lia­ment in Sep­tem­ber.

Founder of the Caribbean Col­lec­tive for Jus­tice Naz­ma Muller, has re­quest­ed a meet­ing with Pres­i­dent Paula-Mae Weekes to dis­cuss the is­sue of le­gal­is­ing mar­i­jua­na.

In her let­ter to Weekes, Muller said can­cer pa­tients are dy­ing and some are in des­per­ate need of cannabis oil to deal with their pain.

As T&T in­tends to bring cannabis laws next month, CanEx Ja­maica Busi­ness Con­fer­ence and Ex­po will be held on Sep­tem­ber 26-28 at the Mon­tego Bay Con­ven­tion Cen­tre.

Gor­don said the event “is promis­ing a vi­brant event with myr­i­ad ideas for ex­plo­ration in the ex­pand­ing le­gal cannabis in­dus­try”.

“There are nu­mer­ous op­por­tu­ni­ties for growth and in­vest­ment in the cannabis in­dus­try and this con­fer­ence will present busi­ness lead­ers, in­vestors, cul­ti­va­tors, sci­en­tists, man­u­fac­tur­ers, and oth­er po­ten­tial stake­hold­ers with a plat­form to ex­plore the glob­al mar­ket­place,” Gor­don said of the con­fer­ence, now in its fourth year.

CanEx Ja­maica is a busi­ness-to-busi­ness con­fer­ence in Latin Amer­i­ca and the Caribbean that brings to­geth­er cannabis in­dus­try pro­fes­sion­als from across the world to share knowl­edge and dis­cuss ad­vances in the in­dus­try.

In 2018 the con­fer­ence host­ed some 1,500 par­tic­i­pants from 23 dif­fer­ent coun­tries, and this year, the or­gan­is­ers ex­pect greater at­ten­dance.

“We ex­pect par­tic­i­pants from more than 30 coun­tries rep­re­sent­ing a rich ar­ray of po­ten­tial op­por­tu­ni­ties for part­ner­ship and col­lab­o­ra­tion,” said Gor­don.

“Our mis­sion is not on­ly to pro­vide a mem­o­rable and ro­bust cannabis con­fer­ence in terms of con­tent, but al­so to en­sure we cu­rate and present the very best of the Caribbean. CanEx Ja­maica will pro­vide stake­hold­ers with a plat­form to en­gage, share knowl­edge, and build valu­able re­la­tion­ships with oth­er in­ter­est­ed stake­hold­ers,” Gor­don added.

Ear­li­er this year, CanEx host­ed a se­ries of Cannabis In­vest­ment Sum­mits through­out the Caribbean, pre­sent­ing to stake­hold­ers in Bar­ba­dos, Trinidad and To­ba­go and the Cay­man Is­lands, op­por­tu­ni­ties avail­able for in­vest­ment in the le­gal cannabis in­dus­try.

So far, Ja­maica has proved it­self the leader in the cannabis mar­ket in the Caribbean and has al­ready be­gun ex­por­ta­tion to Cana­da.

In 2015 Ja­maica passed the “gan­ja law” which made pos­ses­sion of two ounces or less of cannabis a tick­etable of­fice.

Ear­li­er this year, St. Vin­cent and the Grenadines is­sued its first cul­ti­va­tion li­cences for the pro­duc­tion of med­i­c­i­nal mar­i­jua­na.

And a num­ber of oth­er is­lands are com­ing on stream with moves afoot in a num­ber of mar­kets in­clud­ing Bar­ba­dos and Cay­man Is­lands.

St Kitts and Nevis is the lat­est Caribbean coun­try to join the cannabis train.

The new law passed on Ju­ly 31, changes the penal­ties for pos­ses­sion of up to 15 grammes of cannabis, the use of cannabis in pri­vate res­i­dences and in hous­es of wor­ship for the Rasta­far­i­an com­mu­ni­ty. It al­so al­lows for peo­ple to ap­ply to the Drugs Coun­cil for per­mis­sion to cul­ti­vate cannabis for these us­es.

An­tigua and Bar­bu­da has be­gun draft­ing leg­is­la­tion to le­galise recre­ation­al and med­ical mar­i­jua­na sales af­ter first de­crim­i­nal­is­ing cannabis.

Do­mini­ca and Grena­da cur­rent­ly look­ing at pro­pos­als about de­crim­i­nal­i­sa­tion.

The terms “le­gal­i­sa­tion” and “de­crim­i­nal­i­sa­tion” are mis­tak­en­ly used in­ter­change­ably when dis­cussing cannabis leg­is­la­tion.

De­crim­i­nal­i­sa­tion

De­crim­i­nal­i­sa­tion, which is what the T&T Gov­ern­ment is has sought pub­lic con­sen­sus on, is the loos­en­ing of the crim­i­nal pe­nal­ties now im­posed for per­son­al mar­i­jua­na use, even though the man­u­fac­tur­ing and sale of the sub­stance re­main il­le­gal.

In the Dan­ger­ous Drug Act Chap 11:25, cannabis is list­ed in the first sched­ule of dan­ger­ous drugs along with oth­ers in­clud­ing, co­caine and hero­in. There crim­i­nal con­se­quences for any­one found in pos­ses­sion of it.

Ac­cord­ing to cur­rent law, if some­one is found with cannabis in their pos­ses­sion they are guilty of an of­fence and are li­able on sum­ma­ry con­vic­tion to a fine of $25,000 and im­pris­on­ment for five years. If con­vict­ed on in­dict­ment in the High Court, they are li­able to a fine of $50,000 and im­pris­on­ment for a term over five years, but not ex­ceed­ing 10 years.

Those pe­nal­ties are the max­i­mum range and are dis­cre­tionary based on the amount of the drug found in one’s pos­ses­sion, along with pre­vi­ous con­vic­tions and oth­er con­sid­er­a­tions the judge or mag­is­trate may con­sid­er on sen­tenc­ing.

Le­gal­i­sa­tion

Le­gal­i­sa­tion is the re­moval of laws ban­ning pos­ses­sion and per­son­al use of mar­i­jua­na. It al­so al­lows the gov­ern­ment to reg­u­late and tax cannabis use and sales.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 12th, 2019, 6:19 pm

why is the thread title saying legalization and not decriminalization which is what T&T is doing?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 12th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Like i said... why do we always have to be behind the curve? We coulda done this 10 years ago and completely revitalise our tourism industry. Incompetance and corruption continue to keep us behind the curve and in a downward spiral (10 years.... dat mean both UNC and PNM). We all knew this was coming eventually but had to wait until we couldn't reap the benefits to carry it out

But yeah, Sat response real throw me off. He not as backwards as people make him out to be.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”