Re: Official marijuana/marijuana legalization in TNT thread

Postby redmanjp » August 12th, 2019, 7:37 pm

I saw a sign on a shop in Trincity Mall opposite d grocery saying it sells CBD

eKeith
Street 2NR

Postby eKeith » August 13th, 2019, 3:37 am

If memory serves...

Initially CBD was, and still is, mainly (95%+) extracted from legal hemp. "Hemp Extract" (by US definition) must contain no more than 0.3% THC.

Both CBD and THC have psycho-active effects; the first can calm anxieties while the latter can cause intoxication.

Hemp is from the same cannibis family of plants as marijuana, is extremely similar but still different. For example, such as lemons and limes are both citrus...

Note also that although CBD and THC "get all the love", both plants contain hundreds of canabidiols not just CBD. I suspect the synergy of their natural proportions will (one day) prove (to "modern medicine") to be the best formula to treat many ailments...

This emerging industry can be confusing; do your research...

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 14th, 2019, 5:13 pm

I have been wondering something, allyuh feel them dry ass weed these local pusher men does be selling is sprayed with all kinda nasty ass synthetic chemicals etc?

I am always amazed at how Trinis could buy that garbage from all those drug blocks all over the country and never once consider the kind of nasty chemicals it could be laced with.

And we know the condition those weed does be in, there is no freaking way it could be high in THC.

These "high grade" kush that dry and old is probably sprayed with synthetic THC or some sheit. And we have idiots bragging about how "hard" it is when is probably even cocaine or some sh!t added to it.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on August 14th, 2019, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 14th, 2019, 5:14 pm

yeah health and strength is foremost on the mind of a drug pusher and addict.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 14th, 2019, 5:20 pm

maj. tom wrote:yeah health and strength is foremost on the mind of a drug pusher and addict.

Boy when I ask them fellas in work how them know that black market weed eh laced with something their response is

"they smoking since they is 12 years old so them know what is good weed and bad weed" while propping up the idea that "weed is the healing of the nation it is a healing herb"

Completely ignoring the possibilities of it being laced with all kinda sh!t.

Mero said that weed sold in this country is Colombian brick weed, who knows WTF them putting in that thing over there and sending it for Trinis to smoke. Then when it reach Trini who know what the pusher man here putting in that? yuck!!!!

All the more reason this really needs to be legalized and REGULATED. Pharmacies or what have you selling it also needs to state the THC and CBD % aswell.

The sad part about all of this is the country is flooded with that nasty Colombian weed while our local healthy weed in Biche and Morouga is burned to the ground.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 19th, 2019, 8:22 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I have been wondering something, allyuh feel them dry ass weed these local pusher men does be selling is sprayed with all kinda nasty ass synthetic chemicals etc?

I am always amazed at how Trinis could buy that garbage from all those drug blocks all over the country and never once consider the kind of nasty chemicals it could be laced with.

And we know the condition those weed does be in, there is no freaking way it could be high in THC.

These "high grade" kush that dry and old is probably sprayed with synthetic THC or some sheit. And we have idiots bragging about how "hard" it is when is probably even cocaine or some sh!t added to it.

Serious question, people do that though? Lace weed with cocaine. Ent cocaine more expensive than weed? That's like lacing double with steak. Yeah it's bad and there are people that won't want it but how does it finacially make sense? I thought we were in a recession. How fellas gonna be giving out more expensive drugs for free?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 19th, 2019, 8:51 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I have been wondering something, allyuh feel them dry ass weed these local pusher men does be selling is sprayed with all kinda nasty ass synthetic chemicals etc?

You need a good supplier that's all. I've seen proper buds from the US and have known locals who get their hands on proper strains from abroad within 2 weeks in hand in vacuum sealed bags and labelled dispensaries.

Not just 'high grade ting' eh, I talking proper Grandaddy Purple, Pineapple Express and White russian kinda business for sale. That will run you 2500$ a quart. Difference is when u compare the volume of higher grade buds to regular local crap it's near double the volume cuz it's light and fluffy.

Men out here still rolling in their copy book paper on d block, if you know where to look you can get the vaporiser lounge atmosphere with plant material that looks like cotton candy and sprinkles lol

That lacing things is well known around a Tertiary campus that U and WE prob does pass by, it is probably the influx of terrible crack cocaine that we are getting, and it is reserved more or less for those who know they want it specifically and not so much the average buyer.

eKeith
Street 2NR

Postby eKeith » August 20th, 2019, 4:09 am

Slartibartfast wrote:

Serious question, people do that though? Lace weed with cocaine. Ent cocaine more expensive than weed? That's like lacing double with steak. Yeah it's bad and there are people that won't want it but how does it finacially make sense? I thought we were in a recession. How fellas gonna be giving out more expensive drugs for free?
I was told that this is done to make one unknowingly addicted to that supplier's "grade"; to keep the customer coming back to that particular supplier.

However, there are behavioural effects, such as an easy tendency to anger and violence rather than remain mellow, on the smoker that can be observed by third parties...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 20th, 2019, 6:42 am

so, off question: what ever happen to the national consultation or what ever they call it that was expected to take place in June?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 20th, 2019, 9:55 am

eKeith wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

I was told that this is done to make one unknowingly addicted to that supplier's "grade"; to keep the customer coming back to that particular supplier.

However, there are behavioural effects, such as an easy tendency to anger and violence rather than remain mellow, on the smoker that can be observed by third parties...

Lol. All they need to do is be honest and convenient. It a lot easier to get somebody addicted to good service. That sounds like one of those old wive's tales or something that used to happen back in the 80's. Now people more likely to go for some cruelty free vegan buds with a lineage traceable back to king Henry VIII.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 21st, 2019, 4:58 am

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 21st, 2019, 8:54 am

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 22nd, 2019, 9:58 am

Rowley: Decriminalising weed will save T&T millions

Prime Min­is­ter Dr Kei­th Row­ley said the new pro­posed mar­i­jua­na leg­is­la­tion is re­al­ly an at­tempt to re­vamp the jus­tice sys­tem and save tax­pay­ers mil­lions of dol­lars.

Row­ley gave most of his speak­ing time to At­tor­ney Gen­er­al Faris Al-Rawi last night at the PNM’s lo­cal gov­ern­ment meet­ing in La Hor­quet­ta but said that he was hap­py to see a re­form of the ju­di­cial sys­tem through mar­i­jua­na leg­is­la­tion.

“You know how much mil­lions we pay­ing peo­ple to say whether this plant-like sub­stance is a black sage bush, is not this, is mar­i­jua­na,” he said.

He said dur­ing pro­hi­bi­tion in the Unit­ed States when al­co­hol was il­le­gal, the po­lice ser­vice spent half their time chas­ing peo­ple en­gag­ing in the il­le­gal al­co­hol trade.

“You know what hap­pened? They made al­co­hol le­gal and they could tax it. It was made avail­able to those who want­ed to use it and there were re­stric­tions on it. That’s the same thing here,” he said.

He said if you choose to use it, the State would man­age it.

“It will change a lot of life in T&T. You know how many lives were de­stroyed be­cause some­one smoke a joint of mar­i­jua­na? Is jail, is bail is, is peo­ple can’t get a job,” he said.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-decr ... 9f8bb6e0c6

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 22nd, 2019, 10:02 am

We just NEED accompanying legislation to govern if caught driving "high" or if your employee is caught "high"on the job or with traces of it in your system what are the employers allowable action limitations.
How can you test for levels if caught in a roadblock ?
I have no opposition to be it being legalized but there must be checks and balances like every other dangerous substance that can be misused and abused.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 22nd, 2019, 10:14 am

Ben_spanna wrote:We just NEED accompanying legislation to govern if caught driving "high" or if your employee is caught "high"on the job or with traces of it in your system what are the employers allowable action limitations.
I have no opposition to be it being legalized but there must be checks and balances like every other dangerous substance that can be misused and abused.

Police already do standard field sobriety tests, doesn't matter what you're high from. Once you are impaired beyond a certain limit and driving it's a charge. Nothing new there.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 22nd, 2019, 10:18 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:We just NEED accompanying legislation to govern if caught driving "high" or if your employee is caught "high"on the job or with traces of it in your system what are the employers allowable action limitations.

Police already do standard field sobriety tests, doesn't matter what you're high from. Once you are impaired beyond a certain limit and driving it's a charge. Nothing new there.

How about being high on the job? is there OSHA that governs limits, there are many who believe they can have traces of it in their system even though they are not high and claim victimization and having the right to use it for medical reasons.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 22nd, 2019, 10:35 am

Ben_spanna wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

How about being high on the job? is there OSHA that governs limits, there are many who believe they can have traces of it in their system even though they are not high and claim victimization and having the right to use it for medical reasons.

The point I'm making is that is don't matter what you high from, there are already legislation in place for being high on the job, road etc

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 22nd, 2019, 10:35 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Rowley: Decriminalising weed will save T&T millions

Prime Min­is­ter Dr Kei­th Row­ley said the new pro­posed mar­i­jua­na leg­is­la­tion is re­al­ly an at­tempt to re­vamp the jus­tice sys­tem and save tax­pay­ers mil­lions of dol­lars.

Row­ley gave most of his speak­ing time to At­tor­ney Gen­er­al Faris Al-Rawi last night at the PNM’s lo­cal gov­ern­ment meet­ing in La Hor­quet­ta but said that he was hap­py to see a re­form of the ju­di­cial sys­tem through mar­i­jua­na leg­is­la­tion.

“You know how much mil­lions we pay­ing peo­ple to say whether this plant-like sub­stance is a black sage bush, is not this, is mar­i­jua­na,” he said.

He said dur­ing pro­hi­bi­tion in the Unit­ed States when al­co­hol was il­le­gal, the po­lice ser­vice spent half their time chas­ing peo­ple en­gag­ing in the il­le­gal al­co­hol trade.

“You know what hap­pened? They made al­co­hol le­gal and they could tax it. It was made avail­able to those who want­ed to use it and there were re­stric­tions on it. That’s the same thing here,” he said.

He said if you choose to use it, the State would man­age it.

“It will change a lot of life in T&T. You know how many lives were de­stroyed be­cause some­one smoke a joint of mar­i­jua­na? Is jail, is bail is, is peo­ple can’t get a job,” he said.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-decr ... 9f8bb6e0c6
People will still can't get a job on weed

Good Employers do random drug testing.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » November 22nd, 2019, 10:38 am

Right step and history in the making.

Still awaiting the real details and fine print though. Always a catch.

Zoom lewwe blaze sum nah

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 22nd, 2019, 10:43 am

how about you just take this at it being decriminalized
as in, the only thing this changes is you will not be charged for having less than 30G in your possession

nothing to do with anything else, just the police cant charge you

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 22nd, 2019, 10:51 am

mero wrote:Right step and history in the making.

Zoom lewwe blaze sum nah
Cah beat a good Vincy.

Once the herb free crime will drop .

Aggression is when high levels of testosterone is in the body.

Weed beats down testosterone to claim you down.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 22nd, 2019, 11:03 am

i surprised allyuh take long to post this story since it was on fb since midnight .....

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 22nd, 2019, 11:13 am

think how much time and money this will free up from the courts na

people really dont look at the long reaching effects of being arrested for small weed

Delinquent child get catch with weed, parents hadda put up big bail or house deed PLUS hire a lawyer
that is usually the situation because the rich people who get caught with small weed usually get released on the spot after someone talk to the officer and tell him to ress himself

case goes on for years, parents hadda pay lawyer, child cant get no work because he fighting court case, cant get certificate of character etc...so downward he/she spirals into crime, everyone done know yuh have a case, might as well move some big weed to get money, lil cocaine, whatever comes by...cant get legit job

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 22nd, 2019, 12:19 pm

mero wrote:Right step and history in the making.

Zoom lewwe blaze sum nah

I agree with you here......but as usual, as you say, it have some catch in it...them fellas on the block by me just waiting to here " it afffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiii bunnnnnnnnnnnnnn". :lol:

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 22nd, 2019, 12:40 pm

Lawyers probably gonna be pissed.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 22nd, 2019, 2:06 pm

This puts Camla in a difficult position.
If they agree to the bill and it get passed, Pnm will win, if they disagree Pnm will win by saying look how they selfish.

Regarding the decriminalization, it could go 2 ways.
Police eh going to run you down with a scale to see who have 29.9 grams and who have 30.1grams.
So they might just leave alyuh to do whatever alyuh want and only stop a man if they get a 'tip off' that he moving with pounds.

Or

After trini 7 day memory wears off and they start to make noise about no jobs/water/roads/crime/etc, full legalisation may become an option with the promise of jobs, but closer to the general election.

T&T Union of Ganja Farmers to be formed

Cannabis activist Nazma Muller claimed victory on Friday, as she responded to the announcement by Attorney General Faris Al Rawi that legislation was going to Parliament that will decriminalise the recreational use of marijuana.

“I really want people to take away from this the idea that we the people must say what is on our minds, what is bothering us, what is making us suffer. We must be part of the process, do not give up, let your voices be heard,” she said.

But Muller raised concerns about the penalties for possession of 30 and 60 grammes of marijuana.

In an interview with the Express, Muller said she had worked tirelessly with other activists to bring about the decriminalisation of cannabis.

She said, “I am very happy and excited. Finally the train is moving. From what I listened to, from last night political meeting, I am only concerned about that $50,000 fine for possession between 30 grammes and 60 grammes. That seems a bit much. I am waiting to see the details of that and to see the fixed penalty. This journey has been very difficult. Like pulling teeth and watching paint dry at the same time with this administration and the administration before.”

Muller said it was disappointing, however, that the announcement was made at a political meeting.

“I thought we would have matured beyond that point. But this is democracy in action,” she said.

Muller said she would be listening for details on licences being issued to the Rastafarian group. She said the Rastafarians have suffered for years in full knowledge of politicians.

“I am hoping there will be some sort of reparations because I hear the Prime Minister talking about social justice but I haven’t heard anything about reparation for those who have served time and convicted for this plant,” she said.

She called on the government to education officers of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Serve (TTPS) on the laws relating to marijuana, as they would be required to enforce the laws.

She explained that marijuana was a herb and not similar to alcohol or tobacco.

“Cannabis is nowhere as dangerous, it is not dangerous. It should and will be removed from the scheduling as a dangerous drug in the United States by the United Nations,” she said.

Muller announced the formation of the Trinidad and Tobago Union of Ganga Farmers, which would seek to assist small farmers.

“I already have a team in mind and we are going to be rolling out a union like any union to represent the interest of small farmers traditional grower and the Rastafarai. To offer training, lobby for their rights access to water, roads and subsidies. This is a very serious industry in terms of what we can do in terms of medicine and food,” she said.

Al-Rawi made the announcement at a local government campaign meeting in La Horquetta. He said when Cabinet met on Thursday, members approved two pieces of law to be laid in the Parliament.

One was the amendment to the Dangerous Drugs Act to decriminalise the possession of marijuana, and the Cannabis Control Authority Bill.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 22nd, 2019, 2:34 pm

Fully legalizing it can bring in alot of revenue for trinidad.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 22nd, 2019, 2:51 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Fully legalizing it can bring in alot of revenue for trinidad.

1% will be the sole importer bro

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » November 22nd, 2019, 4:37 pm

Nobody link it yet?

Cannabis Control Bill 2019 landing page
http://www.ttparliament.org/publication ... =28&id=869

First reading of the bill
http://www.ttparliament.org/legislations/b2019h23.pdf

zoom rader
TunerGod